Moogle Mastery - B
 Asura.Myasasa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2022-01-30 07:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there
Ours static is currently trying to get mmm15 on sheol B but we're stuck at mm14.
We have killed each nm 3 times, killed 3k nostros, opened 10 aurum..
Anyone with mm15 could share his stat ?
By Ranoutofspace 2022-01-30 08:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be 16 Aurum for MM15 iirc.
[+]
 Asura.Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2022-01-30 14:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
ok, we'll see then :) thanks for the tips
By Shichishito 2022-01-30 15:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

16 strong boxes? holy moly, i think all together i opened around 500-600 chests in odyssey and only managed to open a single strong box sofar.
guess moogle mastery 15 isn't going to happen this decade playing solo odyssey.

i used THF keys btw, i don't even know if you can collect enough izzat solo to open one chest, coffer and strong box in one run.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-30 15:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you can get enough izzat to open an aurum solo.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-30 15:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the more economical method is to spend izzat on chest+coffer (13 Izzat with max discounts), and then pick the aurum that might pop. You get 10 Izzat from clearing a Beastmen Halo, and 2 Izzat for clearing the accompanying group. You only need to 5 other Nostos to have a chance at an aurum, if you do it this way. You can also pick chests until you see a coffer, and then spend the izzat on the coffer for upgrade to Aurum, in which case that process only takes 8 Izzat but might take longer to see the coffer. If you look to farm izzat and open an aurum normally, it would be 33 Izzat, assuming Chest and Coffer Discounts. I would say that may not be worth it, resources-wise, but it's still possible to do.
By Shichishito 2022-01-30 16:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

but how? i don't even know how much a coffers and strong boxes cost, chests are like 5(?) izzat once you opened like 200 or 250? coffers and boxes are of course still pricy cause they rarely pop with the use THF tools.

i realise that i probably could so some optimisation but iirc i get arund 1 agon halo + beastmen + 2 camps of 10 mobs done which puts me at around 14 izzat?

you don't just need enough to open a aurum strong box, you need enough to open a chest and coffer too cause the odds of a chest upgrading to coffer and strongbox are too slim if you use THF tools. if you use tools for the initial chest till a coffer pops you are stuck on THF and probably have a even lower kill speed to gather izzat than with a different job.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
chest+coffer (13 Izzat with max discounts)
someone who plays solo needs forever to get full discount on coffers and strong boxes. i don't see myself gathering 33 izzat solo in one run and then still have enough time to find chests/coffers/strong boxes, not to mention reaching exit afterwards, not even on my job with highest kill speed, keep in mind if you go soloing moogle mastery chances are you don't have access to the new odyssey sets yet.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-30 16:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

On DRK doing Sheol C, I farmed my aurums by doing 2 agons out of the first 3 floors (skipping lamia), then about 5 additional normal mob groups for a total of 34-36 izzat. This was all before gaol came out, so my armor was much worse at the time.

At max chest/coffer discount that gave me enough for 1 chest + coffer + aurum (5 + 8 + 20). If coffer or aurum failed to appear or one of the agons had chigoes (so I can't pull them separately from the beastmen) I was out of luck for that run, though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-30 16:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You get a 10% box discount for every 10 you open, so it caps at 50 boxes opened for chest, coffer, and aurum respectively. You can validate how much your coffers might cost by checking with the Pilgrim Moogle.

The scenario you described (halo + 2 groups of 10 nostos) would give you 14 Izzat, just 1 over the necessary amount needed if you have the Coffer max discount of 8 and did it the way I described. Since you don't appear to, you would have to check with the Moogle to see how much Coffers cost you, and then determine how many more Nostos you need to kill in order to reach the amount of Izzat needed to naturally open a chest(5) and coffer(?). Then just farm an extra few sets of Nostos. It might cost you like 10 Izzat to pop a coffer, so you might only need to kill one extra group of Nostos.
 Asura.Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2022-02-02 15:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
You were right :) thanks for the help