Forum » FFXI » General » Unlimited Gain Experience
Unlimited Gain Experience
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2021-07-16 19:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an over/under on the number of days it takes to find out it's possible to use Packets(TM) to reset Vagary ROE and keep getting synth mats?
By Pantafernando 2021-07-16 20:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So, back on topic. Hypothetically setting deeds related roes could help a person catch up and unlock monbro. If that works.

That would be nice

That would be the worst benefit / risk you can ever find in this game.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-16 20:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, start a new account, get max deeds, if it works, get monbro then dont cheat no mo.

That's zero risk for excellent reward (plus all the other ***you get on the way to unlock)

Do it on the first friday of the month, longest possible time before a ban, 100% chance you get away with it.
By Draylo 2021-07-16 20:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The EU ppl stepping up!?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58323-Square-Enix-European-Support-Centre-Increased-Contact-Volume
By mhomho 2021-07-16 22:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to guess (or just take a stab in the dark):
they're using a modified / variant of:

ROE.

Probably around / by modifying lines that dictate if the roe is blacklisted (or not active) to not allow the user to equip the set of objectives from the profile.

There might be some more nuances to it, but the gist of the lua was to allow you to equip saved sets of roe objectives while preventing you from loading sets that you either shouldn't be able to complete or have already completed. If you remove the function that stops you from loading 'bad' roe, have sets saved to load a targeted roe (or know how to create said sets), then it should load roe you shouldn't be able to set. No?

I'm not a developer so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I would be more interested in a modified Bonanza lua in conjunction with another that allows you to force buy marbles after the winning numbers have been announced. Even one that allows you to turn in bad marbles for rank 1 prizes would be insane. There's assuredly a way. The problem is if people find out. I don't think it would update the server message.
[+]
By Rips 2021-07-16 22:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
Rips said: »
Re-reading the 2 page thread, I think I realize the threat here to your account by using this. Since we know SE has no anti cheat detection, turning this on won’t alert them. However, there’s logs in your chat log showing that your participating in it, and since it’s apparently easy to pull up logs rather than back end packet stuff, it takes one bad report lottery ticket to get ya.

At least that’s how my brain reads the risk.

Still not that big of a deal.

That's definitely not how that works.

SE's logs are not just the chat logs and it's certainly not the superfluous pitter patter the client spits out.

Also anyone who told you SE has no anti-cheat detection is misinformed. They certainly do. They just don't turn it on for everyone all the time.

Thanks for letting me know. I’m definitely not the authority on any of this stuff. Way over my head.

Maybe in the alternate timeline I’m a lua master.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-07-16 22:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
Does anyone have an over/under on the number of days it takes to find out it's possible to use Packets(TM) to reset Vagary ROE and keep getting synth mats?

Negative 2 years. It doesn't work.

mhomho said: »
I'm not a developer so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I would be more interested in a modified Bonanza lua in conjunction with another that allows you to force buy marbles after the winning numbers have been announced. Even one that allows you to turn in bad marbles for rank 1 prizes would be insane. There's assuredly a way. The problem is if people find out. I don't think it would update the server message.

I can assuredly tell you there is currently no way to do anything with the bonanza moogle.
[+]
By mhomho 2021-07-17 00:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I can assuredly tell you there is currently no way to do anything with the bonanza moogle.

Translation:
"There's nothing behind the curtain. Don't look back there."
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-07-17 00:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Packets(TM)
Packets™ thank you.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-07-17 11:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation:
go check it out big dog.

this exploit is pretty useless(relative). would have been amazing pre sparks cap if someone was using it (someone likely was).
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-17 11:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is thinking about editing a lua, keep in mind this is easy to track and you're really not gaining much by doing it anymore.

High risk to your account for minimal gain.
By joemamma 2021-07-17 13:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I found the hacker(s)

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-17 19:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Real time SE office when the hacked packets came in

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-17 19:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
GXP without lvl 99 and RoV KI's isn't gonna do jack squat for a lazy RMT with an alliance full of fresh faceroll galka... especially compared to the crystal RoE's which are already 24/7 and require no mission progress.

Is that what all of those galka are doing in South Gustaberg in an alliance? I had wondered, but couldn't think of how they were getting anything accomplished.I had guessed it was flint stones or something but yeah. Crystals make more sense I guess. Not even sure if that is what this thread is even about though.

I'm still kind of salty about that old medal duping exploit. I'm certain people are still sitting on tons of them and SE never banned anyone. Maybe they did some bans, but I'm guessing the duped medals were laundered away to "safe" accounts. Then again, that's just speculation.

In response to the 'Hackers' clip, wow. Remember the 80s and 90s when computers could do anything? Oh, and viruses had animated user interfaces that explained how to stop the virus? Smart!
By Draylo 2021-07-17 20:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of them were, I personally know someone who had one of those "safe" accounts and still had tons of medals. That happens with any of these dupes and exploits though, the smart ones will do it on disposable accounts and SE doesn't go that deep into it like they claim. I recall a lot of people having done that during the alexandrite exploit where they respawned the NM constantly.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-17 20:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill under lv sync, crystal, etc.

Probably the best RMT can do with the very lowest bottom line requirement: create 18 bots, make them murder everything in zone, grab 36 millions, delete and harvest more 16 galkas to do more slavery work before being eliminated like bovine slaughtering.

As galkans arent included in hume rights, thats the sad ending for them.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-07-17 23:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Galkas are the true proletariat.
[+]
By Rips 2021-07-18 01:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill under lv sync, crystal, etc.

Probably the best RMT can do with the very lowest bottom line requirement: create 18 bots, make them murder everything in zone, grab 36 millions, delete and harvest more 16 galkas to do more slavery work before being eliminated like bovine slaughtering.

Is that why they're *** Galka? They're monks and have the extra stat boost? Lol.

I don't get the laundering. If SE can track anything, there must be a threshold where they say "*** it" and stop looking after items pass through 3-4 players. I'm sure there's a hard number that they average out on. Probably 5.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-18 01:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 SE deletes deleted chars entirely from their databases and can't track it as easily if people just churn garbage characters between sweeps.

Meanwhile, RMT bots with garbage names run CP parties and are 24/7 in Dynamis Jeuno, among other areas. Completely obvious, but no one's at the helm anymore.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-18 02:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I always think those dynamis bots are implicitly accepted just because farming old dynamis is bad and no real players should waste their time for that mindless farming but highly tiresome given how little is paid for those coins.

Tasks like farming dynamis cash are the exact definition why humanity created automation tools.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-18 02:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saying they're obvious and live for way too long, if they're ever banned.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-18 02:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Rips 2021-07-18 03:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I always think those dynamis bots are implicitly accepted just because farming old dynamis is bad and no real players should waste their time for that mindless farming but highly tiresome given how little is paid for those coins.

Tasks like farming dynamis cash are the exact definition why humanity created automation tools.

We've been over this a thousand times as a community, but isn't it all generally accepted? It's lottery. Some get unlucky, some are lucky.

You know who's *** lucky? VIPsky and his crew. That guy has been botting for 2 years non-stop and everyone knows who he is. You'd think he has 200+ reports on him and nothing.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-18 04:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really easy to deal with RMT in a brute force manner, they could hire a handful of people to wipe them out in a week and keep them gone.

There is a very good reason they do not do this and no game does this, no matter how successful they are.

The STF was created to control the RMT in a very organized fashon, not wipe them out.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-18 04:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking from another perspective, STF isnt there to control RMT.

Instead, its there to control THE PLAYERS so that they wont quickly change to that "dark side".

And that control is made purely by instigating fear.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-18 08:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

not possible

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Do it on the first friday of the month, longest possible time before a ban, 100% chance you get away with it.
you can only flag each of the 10 objectives once, so it's 100 deeds a month not insta-monberaux

If I had to guess (or just take a stab in the dark):
they're using a modified / variant of:

ROE.
2 pages late

Translation:
if you really think the people who understand how the game's packet system works didn't try to exploit bonanza starting at the first one, i have no idea what to tell you, it's the most obvious target ever and you aren't unique for thinking of it

se just took the time to code proper checks on it, so you can't do anything

Quote:
various idiots commenting on se's practices
it's pure incompetence, a check to make sure you're able to do what the packet requests is not taxing on the server nor is it difficult to code(in most cases it can be as simple as checking a single byte or bitflag that's already being used when spawning the menu for the player).. as arico said, during certain periods they had devs who trusted the client way too much and as a result exploits ended up possible
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-18 08:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't even seem like it's worth banning for, setting all 10 deeds two years later just to catch up seems perfectly rational.

Who would want to actually grow and harvest every month anyway lol. They should be rewarded.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-07-19 07:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »

We've been over this a thousand times as a community, but isn't it all generally accepted? It's lottery. Some get unlucky, some are lucky.

You know who's *** lucky? VIPsky and his crew. That guy has been botting for 2 years non-stop and everyone knows who he is. You'd think he has 200+ reports on him and nothing.

Generally accepted doesn't mean it's right. However, it's not surprising with how online games have shifted.

We had a dynamis bot on Leviathan for years before he was finally banned towards the end of 2019.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-07-19 08:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Emergency maintenance today announced about an hour ago. Lets see if it's related to this exploit.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26480.shtml
By SimonSes 2021-07-19 08:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Emergency maintenance today announced about an hour ago. Lets see if it's related to this exploit.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26480.shtml

Its almost for sure to change Shinryu to 30 merits.
[+]