First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-02-10 11:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Less effective sink then, but still one never the less.

Doesn't seem like too many people team up that way, so for the majority doing the soloing they aren't creating half a mil a day.

Still more out than in.
Any sink is better than none! :)

Just a side-note, I actually find it really funny the conversation of sinking money includes someone whose profile picture is a billion gil.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 12:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

All things considered it's a good system. Not optimal, but you can tell they put actual thought into it. (for once)

A person is going to drop 150m for all 5 sets, and earn it back over a year. And many persons are going to sink 30-60 and not farm segments, just rock the base gear. And another subset are going to pay the merc clear, sink 30m and never actually do odyssey at all.

Net negative. ...They probably shouldn't be giving half a million per player to do something they've now been obligated to do... but hindsight and sparks nerf, lesser of two evils kinda thing.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-02-10 12:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what a sink is. A sink merely removes created currency.

It has nothing to do with sending or receiving currency.

You'll sell a mil a day to another player, shifting his gil to yours. But the gil spent to an NPC is -gone-

It's like federal income tax: the point is not revenue per se (the federal government can never run out of money because it prints its own); it is about removing money from circulation to combat potential inflation.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 12:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the base gear is good enough and easy enough to attain. There's no reason to farm out augments forever like an idiot when the base sets are that good
By eeternal 2021-02-10 12:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yup they also deserve props for making the worse game content design as well.. can't use a single action until a delay of 30 secs...

oh that was in a super low populated server as well..
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's it's own thing and you should vehemently complain about that. <over there>
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/466-In-Game-Bugs
or
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/90

Xilk;633949 said:
The Update Gear is really interesting. It looks like alot of thought and care was put into it. Thank you!

However, the biggest problem with Odyssey is the Latency in Sheol Gaol. For everyone I play with the Receiving amount is always 2.4k ~3k in sheol Gaol. Go to other zones and there is not a problem, but in that zone it is REALLY bad. It makes the fights frustrating instead of fun. Its VERY difficult to make a skillchain or a magic burst because you cannot time it right from the latency. Its often hard to tell what is even happening in the fight. I think that I missed pressing the button because I dont' see a weaponskill actually happen for 5~10s AFTER I pushed my macro button. The latency is REALLY horrible.

I also suggest making it so moglophone can be stored up to 3x on the moogle, JUST like Omen.

Also, for odyssey, having 3x fights in a row and job lockouts is interesting. But there is no motivation to do it. Players will simply buy 1 moglophone II, kill 1 boss, and leave. If you can get augment reward bonus buy doing 3x fights there would be some motivation.

However, I still probably won't do it, because I cannot access my inventory to change gear for jobs. When I change jobs, I need to spend 10 minutes to swap gear from storage, mog safe, safe2, and locker to get the gear I need and put away what I don't need.

This makes swapping jobs in between battles very tedious. I would need more wardrobe space to play sheol gaol as intended.
+1
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-10 12:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Yeah the base gear is good enough and easy enough to attain. There's no reason to farm out augments forever like an idiot when the base sets are that good

Saying it now- that 3rd category of augments is gonna land and make the grind worth it for those who kept up. Initial hook with very respectable gear in original form to sate those who just grab the base form. The augments as we see them now are nothing special, but certainly helpful. With a 3rd category hidden, presumably until the latter stages of RP'ing (same as happened with UNM augs- the final category often appears above RP10).

At that point, the people "farming out augments forever like an idiot" are going to have a very large heads up that can't be bought by others to catch up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 12:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely, the third rows are all the unique rows and you're going to be pissed if you don't pre farm your segments now.

Even knowing that fact isn't going to make people do it.

(if you can avoid it, never use your segments as the popper either, let someone else burn theirs 4Head)((if thats how it works i don't even know lol))
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 12:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What I mean is... Even if the 3rd augments are like +50 str or +15 triple attack or +25 subtle blow II, I'm not that concerned because until there's a new type of content released that's literally impossible with the current gear, I don't think it's worth a straight year of grinding every day for segments and fighting the bosses over and over

I guess this kind of grinding is where my need for pointless stat ups finally ends. I'm content with the base sets
[+]
By Seun 2021-02-10 13:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else feel like players will just unlock the gear sets and call it a day?

As much as I like the mechanics of this event, the augs fall flat for me. Maybe it's because the base gear is as good as it is that makes the augs seem meh. Effort vs reward usually feels skewed and was expected, but by comparison this feels steeper than it needs to be.

Ultimately I think this gets a bump for being new while it's new then shifts back to the list of chores. Assuming they can/will resolve the lag issues, it's certainly a step in the right direction.
By Gambits 2021-02-10 13:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A legit Gil Sink. it's going to take 30m-100m from e.v.e.r.y. player. Unlike the 1.1m crafting mats.
I would like to point out that the 1.1m crafting mats are gil sink from every player as well, they are just funneled through crafters, and also a legit sink.. about ~35m gil per JOB.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 13:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Anyone else feel like players will just unlock the gear sets and call it a day?

Most players, sure. One NM kill for a very good gear set for (starting at) 30M is basically better than some of the Su3 armor sets out (some are like 30m A PIECE!). But that's not really different than any other era of content. People will "pay" to ignore annoying content they don't want to do, SE just included this into the content itself. Which is pretty smart.

The players who always did Odyssey Sheol Segment/Moogle Mastery farms will continue to do it as normal. The fact that they didn't hide the most amazing stats behind augments is thoughtful, as players who want to get new gear sets can do that for 24000 segments, which is not a lot of time investment.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 13:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The fact that they didn't hide the most amazing stats behind augments is thoughtful, as players who want to get new gear sets can do that for 24000 segments, which is not a lot of time investment.
What's the best way to farm segments solo? I don't really see me finding a group for a daily grind like that :x
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 13:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's no different than what you would do with a group, facemash mobs.

Just you know, you'll get less with trust buffs and less "real" DD
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 13:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gambits said: »
Quote:
A legit Gil Sink. it's going to take 30m-100m from e.v.e.r.y. player. Unlike the 1.1m crafting mats.
I would like to point out that the 1.1m crafting mats are gil sink from every player as well, they are just funneled through crafters, and also a legit sink.. about ~35m gil per JOB.

Ehhhh yes and no. Many players straight up skip the items crafted, and some gear was less than desirable (arke *cough*) as well as mildly mediocre af+3 pieces, super hit and miss.

(I DIDN'T SAY ARKE WAS "BAD" OR HAD NO USE)

Like I; never obtain any Af+3 or JSE neck or anything. That gil sink, had absolutely no effect on me at all. This one, will be much more effective. All the pieces are pretty gewd. With no card farming or dienamis, just grab and go.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-10 13:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Gambits said: »
Quote:

Ehhhh yes and no. Many players straight up skip the items crafted, and some gear was less than desirable (arke *cough*) as well as mildly mediocre af+3 pieces, super hit and miss.

(I DIDN'T SAY ARKE WAS "BAD" OR HAD NO USE)

Again swing and a miss. That 35mil gil per job he speaks of is related to the JSE upgrade materials that require the crafted mats.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 13:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

as well as mildly mediocre af+3 pieces, super hit and miss.
?
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 13:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So should we go back few months into the past, when I was like the only person on this forum actively defending future of Odyssey, while almost everyone including you Eiryl were shitting on it (and kinda on me for "white knighting" it too)? :)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 13:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I said it depended entirely upon how Sheol-D (Gaol) was implemented, find the quote.

Again that has nothing to do with rewards...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 13:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming segments solo is only going to piss you off if you've never done it, since Sheol C nets the highest segments of any zone, but is also the most annoying zone of the 3. Monsters have weapon resistances, and the zone is full of higher tier monsters that are nasty. Doing it solo, even as an experienced player, would only net around 2k~. That's not even enough to do one Gaol run daily.

I actually have a few sticky notes that illustrates how many segments you can expect to get per floor of Sheol C. A solo player might only be able to full clear 1 floor with a lot of luck, so expect under 2200 segments solo.

If I were you, I would just shout for a few bodies and steamroll Sheol C. It's better and more enjoyable in a group anyways.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-10 13:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, put me in the category of people who aren't impressed by any of this gear. If you play PUP or PLD I can see why you're so excited for this stuff, but I play neither of those jobs and the rest of the gear is only good for either really niche use cases or at best a sidegrade for gear that's been readily available for years now. It's just not worth the gil or time investment.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 13:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What job do you play that you're not excited for the pieces?

I see most of the job threads all goin bananas. I mean... geo maybe not. Nothing really "for" geo. Nukey stuff yeah.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-10 13:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What job do you play that you're not excited for the pieces?

just about everything except MNK PUP BST and PLD.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 13:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like you should probably be a little more amped, but hey. I get it.

The barrier to entry is super low, the cost is super low, it's all stuff you get just for one win, some of the pieces you may just not have really looked at.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 13:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you're looking at. Sakpata set is a volte haub set mixed with PDL. Looks really good for DRK + WAR for just a fulltime hybrid set. If you were excited about Malignance set when Lilith came out, this is the heavy armor version.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 13:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
I dunno, put me in the category of people who aren't impressed by any of this gear. If you play PUP or PLD I can see why you're so excited for this stuff, but I play neither of those jobs and the rest of the gear is only good for either really niche use cases or at best a sidegrade for gear that's been readily available for years now. It's just not worth the gil or time investment.

I think you are looking at wrong update lol

WAR and DRK just got the best overall TP (and probably WS for some WSs/slots) set in game.
THF and DNC got best Evisceration set in game.
MNK got bis WS head.
SCH probably bis magic burst set?

There is more and this also just a start, because we cant see 3rd augment for any item and it can easily make half of those pieces bis or even more bis.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-10 14:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can probably count the amount of times I've died to a Magic attack on Warrior with one hand. Yeah the hands easily replace Sulevias in a Hybrid set, but it's gonna take a lot more than "it's like Malignance lol" to sell me on the set.

TP wise it lacks a heavy amount of Triple Attack, Store TP, and even Double Attack on already better, cheaper, and easier to obtain options.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-10 14:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
I can probably count the amount of times I've died to a Magic attack on Warrior with one hand. Yeah the hands easily replace Sulevias in a Hybrid set, but it's gonna take a lot more than "it's like Malignance lol" to sell me on the set.

TP wise it lacks a heavy amount of Triple Attack, Store TP, and even Double Attack on already better, cheaper, and easier to obtain options.

This is what I was saying to my friends.

The new set for War is super 'meh' beyond a hybrid or -dt set.

It's way better for Pld and Drk than it is War.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 14:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Does a set need to be the best at everything or the best at something.

I'd never use it, unless I needed to use it...? In which case I'd use it, then I should want it, right?

It's only good for that thing I only do sometimes so I just won't get it I guess.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 14:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone arguing against the set as bis tp for war must only play with the absolute best of the best of the best healers/tanks and never gets killed on anything they fight. Cheers to you lucky few where the most important thing in all of your fights is putting out the absolute maximum amount of damage and nothing else is a worry!

Or you just don't fight anything hard enough where you notice magic evasion and it's importance on preventing debuffs on you which prevent your dd'ing altogether

Or maybe you've never ever evvvver fought a solo battle with trusts where you needed to be both the tank and DD in one?

Please
[+]