New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Legit Props for Gaol Rewards
Legit Props for Gaol Rewards
First Page 2 3 4 5
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 14:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
I can probably count the amount of times I've died to a Magic attack on Warrior with one hand. Yeah the hands easily replace Sulevias in a Hybrid set, but it's gonna take a lot more than "it's like Malignance lol" to sell me on the set.

TP wise it lacks a heavy amount of Triple Attack, Store TP, and even Double Attack on already better, cheaper, and easier to obtain options.

40%DT
Highest meva in game (tied with Malignance)
30%DA
30%PDL
8%DA damage
8% skillchain damage
Counter +5
+275attack
+200acc
+200macc
occasionally resistance to status ailments +8
Stp +4
subtle blow +16
Potency of "Cure" effect received +10%
Phalanx received +5

Its probably (havent done the math, but gut feeling) BIS Upheaval, Decimation, Resolution (and few more) set at attack cap, bis hybrid set by MILES and all that without 3rd augment. You are blind or dont understand ffxi mechanics if you cant see how broken this set is.

You could probably unload gearswap and fulltime this set for everything.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-10 14:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I already don't use gearswap tho. :d
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 14:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Anyone arguing against the set as bis tp for war must only play with the absolute best of the best of the best healers/tanks and never gets killed on anything they fight. Cheers to you lucky few where the most important thing in all of your fights is putting out the absolute maximum amount of damage and nothing else is a worry!

Meh even from just dps standpoint its bis for several WSs when attack capped and since its totally broken from defensive side, you can full time berserk like there is no tomorrow.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 14:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes perfect sense with all the lag now right
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 14:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I already posted in WAR thread AM3 Ukon set based on 4/5 Sakpata, that can achieve around 8200 DPS at attack cap with just white damage with just blood rage as main buff (9000+ and maybe even 10k with right rolls). All that lag free, since you dont WS after first Ukko and all that with massive DT/meva. Its totally game changing set.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 14:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I can probably count the amount of times I've died to a Magic attack on Warrior with one hand. Yeah the hands easily replace Sulevias in a Hybrid set, but it's gonna take a lot more than "it's like Malignance lol" to sell me on the set.

TP wise it lacks a heavy amount of Triple Attack, Store TP, and even Double Attack on already better, cheaper, and easier to obtain options.

40%DT
Highest meva in game (tied with Malignance)
30%DA
30%PDL
8%DA damage
8% skillchain damage
Counter +5
+275attack
+200acc
+200macc
occasionally resistance to status ailments +8
Stp +4
subtle blow +16
Potency of "Cure" effect received +10%
Phalanx received +5

Its probably (havent done the math, but gut feeling) BIS Upheaval, Decimation, Resolution (and few more) set at attack cap, bis hybrid set by MILES and all that without 3rd augment. You are blind or dont understand ffxi mechanics if you cant see how broken this set is.

Also only 20 magic acc behind full flamma for added effect ws, so that's an easy way for me to clear inventory room! (no one notices if my full break lands anyway, who cares)
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-02-10 14:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

it's been said to death, but maximum damage output has not been a limiting factor on completion of nearly any content in years

this set easily leaves enough gas in the tank for a WAR to demolish anything so full-time survivability is the only meaningful place to grow
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-10 14:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

>40%DT

DT is already insanely easy to cap for any of those jobs

>Highest meva in game (tied with Malignance)

again, I've already stated that there has been very, very little amount of times where I've died on Warrior or Dark Knight where having that extra bit of Magic Evasion would have saved me from dying (and to respond to Averith, yes good groups with good healers and tanks do exist, you wouldn't know because you're still on Lakshmi. There's a reason why I left there to come to Bahamut all those years ago, and the current endgame shells on that server at the time just weren't cutting it), and I've cleared just about everything in this game so far. So unless I feel like future proofing for content that may or may not need it I don't see a need for stocking up on this set at this point in the game.

>30%DA

My current Warrior TP set has 13 Triple Attack, 20 Double Attack, & 18 Store TP in it along with in those 5 slots. I'm pretty sure the combination of those stats beats 30% DA.

>30%PDL

PDL doesn't come into play enough to worry about it in this stage of the game. Maybe it'll become necessary at some point.

>8%DA damage

DA Damage is very niche and will most definitely be surpassed once the Empyrean Warrior +3 set eventually gets released. I can see DRKs having a use for this though.

>8% skillchain damage

If Skillchain Damage was worth a damn the R15 Warder's Charm +1 would be a piece worth spending 15 million gil on, but it isn't so this isn't something that's worth mentioning as a selling point.
By Taint 2021-02-10 14:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

>40%DT

DT is already insanely easy to cap for any of those jobs

>Highest meva in game (tied with Malignance)

again, I've already stated that there has been very, very little amount of times where I've died on Warrior or Dark Knight where having that extra bit of Magic Evasion would have saved me from dying (and to respond to Averith, yes good groups with good healers and tanks do exist, you wouldn't know because you're still on Lakshmi. There's a reason why I left there to come to Bahamut all those years ago, and the current endgame shells on that server at the time just weren't cutting it), and I've cleared just about everything in this game so far. So unless I feel like future proofing for content that may or may not need it I don't see a need for stocking up on this set at this point in the game.

>30%DA

My current Warrior TP set has 13 Triple Attack, 20 Double Attack, & 18 Store TP in it along with. I'm pretty sure the combination of those stats beats 30% DA.

>30%PDL

PDL doesn't come into play enough to worry about it in this stage of the game. Maybe it'll become necessary at some point.

>8%DA damage

DA Damage is very niche and will most definitely be surpassed once the Empyrean Warrior set eventually gets released. I can see DRKs having a use for this though.

>8% skillchain damage

If Skillchain Damage was worth a damn the R15 Warder's Charm +1 would be a piece worth spending 15 million gil on, but it isn't so this isn't something that's worth mentioning as a selling point.

You are greatly underestimating PDL for WAR and DRK and MEVA is extremely important for pretty much everything.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-10 14:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Warriors may not be dying to magic attacks, but their DPS sure suffers when any fodder in any meaningful content can land max duration debuffs on them with ease, even with a healbot WHM removing them almost instantly it's an issue. Not so much anymore.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 14:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you also not play with any returning/new players or invite any to your shell? Because this is a 30mil set to literally catch up any returning player nigh instantly in terms of gear. And on that note, it's a VERY easy way for people with only certain jobs available (we have people in shell who are mage job only still) to branch out and be more useful in all situations by having another job geared almost instantly compared to standard methods of gearing.

As far as I'm understanding, only the leader needs the boss access even.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 14:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously cannot believe what I am reading right now.
[+]
By Aricomfy 2021-02-10 14:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a Snake in my Boot: The Post.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 14:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Warriors may not be dying to magic attacks, but their DPS sure suffers when any fodder in any meaningful content can land max duration debuffs on them with ease, even with a healbot WHM removing them almost instantly it's an issue. Not so much anymore.
We see this all the time when our monks and sams have higher magic eva and are just straight up more useful on the mean mobs if the fight drags on or things don't go as planned. Magic eva is the safety stat that everyone should be building towards.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-10 14:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I'm understanding, only the leader needs the boss access even.
I didn't bother with Atonement 1/2 and was pulled into 3 by the leader today
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-10 14:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We see this all the time when our monks and sams have higher magic eva and are just straight up more useful on the mean mobs if the fight drags on or things don't go as planned. Magic eva is the safety stat that everyone should be building towards.

you know how to prevent fights from dragging on too long?

By killing mobs faster.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-10 14:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

you know how to prevent fights from dragging on too long?

By killing mobs faster.

Sounds like something that extra PDL will come in handy for, then.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 14:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You know how to prevent fights from dragging on too long?

By killing mobs faster.
You're not wrong. That is the definitive answer.

If you can make their hp 0 faster, you have less need for heals and dt and meva etcetc.

It doesn't always work out so well in practice though.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-10 15:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I already posted in WAR thread AM3 Ukon set based on 4/5 Sakpata, that can achieve around 8200 DPS at attack cap with just white damage with just blood rage as main buff (9000+ and maybe even 10k with right rolls). All that lag free, since you dont WS after first Ukko and all that with massive DT/meva. Its totally game changing set.

This is the only thing that's close to selling me on the set right now. I would LOOOVE for Ukon to become relevant again in endgame content. I might even start throwing Detritus into the one I have if so. But is it going to be enough to surpass the current meta of using a Naegling+Fencer+sub-DRG > spam Savage Blade on ALL the Things?
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-10 15:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Aricomfy said: »
There's a Snake in my Boot: The Post.

It's okay to be skeptical. I'm one of those "everything sucks until proven otherwise"/Yahtzee Crowshaw types.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-02-10 15:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's okay to be skeptical. I'm one of those "everything sucks until proven otherwise"/Yahtzee Crowshaw types.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-10 15:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lots of jobs are seeing a resurgence of valued white damage as opposed to the skewed balance of WSdmg:TPdmg prevalent pretty much since they introduced iLvl. Its a different way to play our favorite jobs and have some fun while being successful as well. And in my opinion, if 2 DDs in an alliance perform best when allowed to white dmg, that frees up space for 2-3 others to be able to chain without interruption, if that method of DPS is best for them.

In a way, a MNK, RDM, DRK or WAR can white damage for excellent damage and stay out of the way of SAMs, DNCs, or THFs (just examples) chaining with ja-assisted WS's, and everyone benefits.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-10 15:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There aren't enough mobs out there with low enough evasion and high enough HP that they don't die in 3 seconds that you'll be fighting in attack capped situations. *maybe* Wave 3 Dynamis-D bosses, but even those can be cleared in 15 minutes with a halfway decent group, and ideally the only ones that should be fighting the megaboss fulltime are Corsairs anyway.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-10 15:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the only thing that's close to selling me on the set right now. I would LOOOVE for Ukon to become relevant again in endgame content. I might even start throwing Detritus into the one I have if so. But is it going to be enough to surpass the current meta of using a Naegling+Fencer+sub-DRG > spam Savage Blade on ALL the Things?

Looks like Savage Blade spam might be getting eclipsed by Decimation spam now depending on how testing goes once enough people get their hands on the new set. I can imagine though how fun WAR is about to get in several ways now. This set even revives Resolution spam for god's sake. The question is, what DOESN'T this set do for WAR at this point?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 15:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't turn them into mnk, and start a new bandwagon

Still lacks the subtle blow, idiotproofness
By Aricomfy 2021-02-10 15:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There aren't enough mobs out there with low enough evasion and high enough HP that they don't die in 3 seconds that you'll be fighting in attack capped situations. *maybe* Wave 3 Dynamis-D bosses, but even those can be cleared in 15 minutes with a halfway decent group, and ideally the only ones that should be fighting the megaboss fulltime are Corsairs anyway.

At this point in the game, the end-game dream is to get that 3 second timeframe down to 2.9 seconds.
By Seun 2021-02-10 23:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD didn't have MEVA options, much less good ones. BRD didn't have good TP options either. PUP trying to melee with automaton... Those are the types of things I like to see being addressed. I'm not biased against WAR, but I really don't think we needed a 4th and 5th way to be as effective or slightly better at doing the same thing.

All that being said, FFXI sucks. FFXI sucks as long as BLM sucks. Not even up for discussion, it' s a matter of fact. It should be a criminal offense that a game that calls itself a fantasy RPG has a $#itty caster DPS job/class and leaves it that way for as long as they have. Any and all updates suck until this is sorted. Altana weeps.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-02-10 23:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
All that being said, FFXI sucks. FFXI sucks as long as BLMBLU sucks. Not even up for discussion, it' s a matter of fact. It should be a criminal offense that a game that calls itself a fantasy RPG has a $#itty caster DPS job/class and leaves it that way for as long as they have. Any and all updates suck until this is sorted. Altana weeps.
fixed that for ya.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-02-11 00:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

>8% skillchain damage

Skillchain damage is that good. The problem comes that only skillchain damage is not good when something else is half as strong damage wise, with more supporting stats, and applies to all WSs.

The neck piece gives ONLY skillchain damage. These legs give stats that benefit all WSs.... AND boost SC damage.

SC damage multipliers is why sam is so good when it is solo/low man, and much weaker in alliance content compared to outside of it.
By SimonSes 2021-02-11 01:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
>8% skillchain damage

Skillchain damage is that good. The problem comes that only skillchain damage is not good when something else is half as strong damage wise, with more supporting stats, and applies to all WSs.

The neck piece gives ONLY skillchain damage. These legs give stats that benefit all WSs.... AND boost SC damage.

SC damage multipliers is why sam dnc is so good when it is solo/low man, and much weaker in alliance content compared to outside of it.

Name the king of skillchain bonus right :)