Bahamut Dead?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Bahamut dead?
Bahamut dead?
 Bahamut.Branwen
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-28 05:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope they dont start force transfering people....
[+]
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-10-28 06:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont think they'll force transfers when there are only 1-2k people online most of the time. thats about the same amount of people on most other servers.

i'm sure that was an empty thread from the beginning. you really think they would just transfer people without asking them? I would be pissed if they do so. It would lead a lot of people to quit FF and i dont think thats what SE wants anyway
[+]
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-28 06:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is >_>
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2009-10-28 07:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are willing to switch servers I'd say go for it. Leveling lower level jobs is a pain, there is usually not one party in the dunes anymore. You'll have to solo/duo to Qufim, which isn't as bad as it seems with FoV but still a pain. Before you leave I'd get any NM's you need. As someone stated earlier EGLS's are getting stronger though and RMTs are almost nonexistent. I think about switching sometimes but I'll probably stick it out hoping for a merge or for it to reopen. Bahamut is my home <3
[+]
 Bahamut.Kormix
user: Korm
By Bahamut.Kormix 2009-10-28 07:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, I have to agree that bahamut is slowing to a crawl. If you're not in a good EGLS with some good friends there's not much reason to be here anymore. I find myself standing around afk more and more with nothing to do when I'm not attending linkshell events. Yes, low level parties re non-existant as well... I ran throught the dunes last night during jp primetime and it was empty.. not a single party. It's sad, and I really wish SE would open the server back up before we lose more people, but as long as you have friends and a good shell to hang out with you can still enjoy bahamut.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-10-28 09:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the forced transfers, it has happened. Friend of mine, Blizzardy, logged off one evening about a month and a half ago and then logged back in the next morning, on Asura or Hades, don't remember which. They did it against his will and when he asked the GMs about it, they said it was a wave of force transfers and they happened to get his name to transfer.
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-10-28 09:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
As for the forced transfers, it has happened. Friend of mine, Blizzardy, logged off one evening about a month and a half ago and then logged back in the next morning, on Asura or Hades, don't remember which. They did it against his will and when he asked the GMs about it, they said it was a wave of force transfers and they happened to get his name to transfer.

I knew a few people who had gotten force transferred, but they were all sent warnings via /tell and PO message, about a month before the transfers took place, so he should of tried to talk to them about it before hand.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-28 09:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:

I've been wondering why I haven't seen blizzardy around, that sucks!

If I was force transferred, I would at least like to be able to choose where I go.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-10-28 09:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that tells you why... as to the warning, as far as I know, they did not give him any warning. SE has done 2 rounds of forced transfers. As far as I know, the 2nd round (one Blizzardy got transferred on) they didn't tell people. I could be wrong, and I'll double-check with him on MSN next time I see him on there.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-10-28 10:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Be strange if they never, and I didn't realise they did two waves, just thought it was the one forced and the rest were all volunteers from those GM NPCs, but I did notice a hell of a lot more leaving after the initial force switch.. So would make sense. Stupid if they never got at least a /tell while they were on, then, they are employed by SE..
[+]
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-10-28 10:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well after the first wave, the avg player base online was about 2-3k still. As of yesterday during NA primetime, there were 1127 people on actively. I wasn't checking last week, but Agent told me after I told him the number from last night that last tuesday there was only 922 people on during NA primetime. The numbers for NA prime hover between 900-1200 now. EU primetime on Saturday is around the same. JA I'm not sure about. They really did hit the hammer though with 2nd wave.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fannwong
user: Fannwong
By Bahamut.Fannwong 2009-10-28 10:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

800-1200 are what all everyones different numbers are roughly looking like and that is true. I reactivated my account and did some sea's. The thing that i dont like though is that out of that number i did a /sea all 2-74 and there was only 250 people lol, which means over 75% of the people are either level 1 mules or level 75's which doesnt poke too well at me who wanted alot of mixed stuff heh. Ima stay on baha for a bit and see how things turn out, but from everyones responses and from what i can imagine ill give it a couple weeks to a month but unless things come together i might just end up farming some stuff i need and head elsewhere :(
TY everyone for all your responses
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-10-28 11:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm afraid I don't believe Bahamut can heal in that way until SE decides to reopen it, from how much it's died, I'm actually surprised they haven't already giving it's life back.

Hope you manage to get somewhere on it though.
[+]
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-28 11:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin's been that way even longer, so I feel what you all are saying. I hope SE works something out that works for both of those servers.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lazuras
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-10-28 11:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither server will likely reopen for a very long time still. Remember that SE cares not for the number of active characters, only the number that are registered to that server.

Just think of how many people may only get online a couple times a month. Also, the number of registered characters only goes down if people transfer out, deleting characters doesn't do anything since those characters are still registered to the server, even though they are deleted.

If Bahamut needs to drop ~50% of its current registered population before SE will reopen it... I can only imagine how piss poor playing there will become with populations of that level, not to mention how long it may take to get there.
 Remora.Meredoc
Server: Remora
user: Doc2love
By Remora.Meredoc 2009-11-03 18:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

YEAH! its Nomnomnomnomnomnom

P.S BTW this is Doclove.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-03 18:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut has an incredibly stagnant endgame scene especially if you are GMT. Most servers are this way too though... I just miss ApkalluVendetta though :(
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-03 18:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Bahamut has an incredibly stagnant endgame scene especially if you are GMT. Most servers are this way too though... I just miss ApkalluVendetta though :(

Aww.. But you don't play anymore!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-03 18:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I know :( the last month or so I played was basically absolute hell, constant drama/fighting in the LS I was in. HNMs absolutely suck, the shell was rotting from the inside out which is very depressing to see and people RMTing their accounts/transferring left right and centre.

Then SE appear not to care AT ALL... the version updates don't seem to include any balance changes which would break the WAR or SAM onry mentality, and forced grouping still seems incredibly dominant.

My shell finally breaking into a new shell which I didn't want to join was essentially the final bullet. I might be back in the future, who knows... right now I'm enjoying life without XI and haven't really looked back.

EDIT: Oh, and I didn't enjoy the whole constant battles over Sky thing to make money. There was ALWAYS one group up there completely monopolising it.

People will respond I am hypocritical because that is exactly my intention, but it isn't. I'm quite happy with one of each timed spawn NM each day... but these people bring and rotate various mules and such just so they can continue to dominate. It became a full-time job trying to sneak kills past them.

Dunno if they still do it, but it was Mahayaya/Trefold/Alriath when I left! Cyrite/Cypanlyrh before that, and Mokonya/Boonzu etc ages ago...
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-11-03 19:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I know :( the last month or so I played was basically absolute hell, constant drama/fighting in the LS I was in. HNMs absolutely suck, the shell was rotting from the inside out which is very depressing to see and people RMTing their accounts/transferring left right and centre. Then SE appear not to care AT ALL... the version updates don't seem to include any balance changes which would break the WAR or SAM onry mentality, and forced grouping still seems incredibly dominant. My shell finally breaking into a new shell which I didn't want to join was essentially the final bullet. I might be back in the future, who knows... right now I'm enjoying life without XI and haven't really looked back. EDIT: Oh, and I didn't enjoy the whole constant battles over Sky thing to make money. There was ALWAYS one group up there completely monopolising it. People will respond I am hypocritical because that is exactly my intention, but it isn't. I'm quite happy with one of each timed spawn NM each day... but these people bring and rotate various mules and such just so they can continue to dominate. It became a full-time job trying to sneak kills past them. Dunno if they still do it, but it was Mahayaya/Trefold/Alriath when I left! Cyrite/Cypanlyrh before that, and Mokonya/Boonzu etc ages ago...

If you dont play anymore why do you continue to name people who lead to you leaving. Do you ever take responsibility for your actions? I mean we all know you make ***up and are 80% wrong about anything you post but if you don't play, really sir, why bother pointing fingers, still. Just rmt your account for whatever you can get it for and we'll see you on 14. Your post was uneventful and not constructive towards the forum topic.
[+]
 Asura.Foxxy
Server: Asura
user: Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2009-11-03 19:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss bahamut, i knew Reanryong and i dont belive he would lie or and he seldemed seemed to be wrong about most ffxi things
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-03 20:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Foxxy! Kept meaning to talk to you again but I haven't been on lately :p never knew you transferred!

Rydiya made a statement and I answered it! I don't know about taking responsibility for my actions... what do I have to take responsibility for? <_< for other people farming Sky? Note I hold nothing against those three as people, but anyone who did Sky regularly can tell you - always up there.

If you're going to make accusations, back them up with proof please :(

Quote:
I mean we all know you make ***up and are 80% wrong about anything you post

Quoting exactly which bit I require evidence for.

RMTing did cross my mind, but eh... feels so wrong. Maybe in the future but it's looking very unlikely at this point.

I wasn't expecting for my posts to be revelations or anything. I merely stated that Bahamut endgame is somewhat stagnant like most servers and then Rydiya commented that I left so I gave her reasons why.

Don't know why you're taking offence!
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-03 20:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foxxy said:
I miss bahamut

Trust me, Foxxy.. You don't. Bahamut is pretty much in it's death throes.

Honestly, at this point, I'd welcome a free transfer to a more active server, even if was forced.
 Asura.Foxxy
Server: Asura
user: Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2009-11-03 20:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss all my friend on Bahamut, only reason I transfered was to play with a real life friend, but still a lot of friends i miss there.
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-11-04 03:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

missu Raen!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-04 03:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

:( I miss all of my friends! Did you quit/go inactive too? Your AH history stops pretty abruptly :(
By Jouliont 2009-11-04 04:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jouliont said:
The new Bahamut has its ups and downs. Although I hate how it's hard to make a party and all (which will only get worse with more and more tanks hitting 75), I like how it's bringing people closer together. Almost kind of like that feeling I had (and I bet a few others had few years back) when you basically could only invite people to your party who are close in level which were usually the same group of people every time. Now with the server population starting to decrease dramatically, we've started to branch off into more tighter groups again so i've made a few more friends in FFXI while getting back with those I've known for awhile now. To you understand where I'm coming from, It's like one of our human instincts which is to stay together in groups or how it's a small world after all. XD

Actually, I need to rephrase some of the stuff I said. Sure it's hard to find a party but it makes finding a camp much more better. With the limited amount of key jobs, it has become easier to find a under-crowded camp that supports exceptional XP. It really makes it easier for those who actually make their parties. Although the hard part will always be when you see 5 other ppl who are lfp that'll make a really good xp party but majority of them either AFK or not interested. As for that branching off part; I view it as a good way for me to lead events. There are now a lot of bored people who want to do stuff. The remainder of my stay here in this game is for pimping my SAM (meaning salvage and Tomoe). Now, with the current state of how Bahamut is, it becomes easier (for me at least) to actually do what I need to do since that branching has become easier for me to get to know people... or something to that effect (rambling a bit).
Anyways with that being said...
any MNK (with gear on par or than better mines once I hit 75) on Bahamut want to do Salvage so that it'll better increase my chances in getting Usukane? Doing my first run later today. Hopefully it's doable with the current setup I already have.
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2009-11-04 11:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I know :( the last month or so I played was basically absolute hell, constant drama/fighting in the LS I was in. HNMs absolutely suck, the shell was rotting from the inside out which is very depressing to see and people RMTing their accounts/transferring left right and centre.

Then SE appear not to care AT ALL... the version updates don't seem to include any balance changes which would break the WAR or SAM onry mentality, and forced grouping still seems incredibly dominant.

My shell finally breaking into a new shell which I didn't want to join was essentially the final bullet. I might be back in the future, who knows... right now I'm enjoying life without XI and haven't really looked back.

EDIT: Oh, and I didn't enjoy the whole constant battles over Sky thing to make money. There was ALWAYS one group up there completely monopolising it.

People will respond I am hypocritical because that is exactly my intention, but it isn't. I'm quite happy with one of each timed spawn NM each day... but these people bring and rotate various mules and such just so they can continue to dominate. It became a full-time job trying to sneak kills past them.

Dunno if they still do it, but it was Mahayaya/Trefold/Alriath when I left! Cyrite/Cypanlyrh before that, and Mokonya/Boonzu etc ages ago...

lol.. shout out :), Just wanted to make money for our gearz rae ;;, we're on caitsith now so if you ever came back Sky's all j00;).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-04 11:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha I know, I don't blame ya. As I said, I have nothing against you as people; in fact I got on with you all fairly well. You did dominate it pretty crazily though!

Hope things go well on Caitsith, Bahamut is kinda dead :(
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2009-11-04 12:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I still had plenty of friends on Bahamut before I left but my EGshell came here as well. I also had 3-4 older friends from other servers that had previously left Bahamut that moved here with us, so its pretty much the same.

Sky money in terms of lesser gems is trash here :/ 100k summers/easts/norths ftl.
Hope you find a reason to come back and enjoy the game again Rae.