users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 2021 Mog Bonanza
2021 Mog Bonanza
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22
By SimonSes 2021-01-25 00:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Won three rank 3, yay for vanity gear.

For me rank 3 was more important than 2 by far. I really wanted Spriggan Coat and got it :) I can farm everything from rank 2. Nisroch would be cool, but I will get it eventually.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-01-25 04:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Won three rank 3, yay for vanity gear.
so what did you pick? got any news for us on those items no one else picked yet?
By Draylo 2021-01-25 20:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are in rank 1, didn't win that. I picked the rest of the hats and weapons I missed from other bonanza. So now I have all the unique bonanza vanity items lol. The troll hat is really ugly on a Hume though but I like the afro hat.
By LucentThePLD 2021-01-31 10:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Grabbed the Onion Sword III. Will be messing around with it today. Let me know what questions you may have.
[+]
 Asura.Kronkeykong
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-01-31 11:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

LucentThePLD said: »
Grabbed the Onion Sword III. Will be messing around with it today. Let me know what questions you may have.

Someone chose Fast Blade II!
By SimonSes 2021-01-31 11:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

LucentThePLD said: »

Nice!

Well first let us know whats exactly the description in game from WS menu?

Also you can do simple test.

Go outside of city and do Fast Blade II at 1000TP, then 2000TP then 3000TP (ideally at least 10+ times on each threashold and without any TP bonus gear/buffs and always at the same TP. Can be 1020, but always 1020)

Then add single stat (simplest solution is probably boost spells from WHM) and see which one increase damage (could be more than one). When you find stats that increase damage, you need to make another 10+ WS at the same threshold you did before around 1000TP. Post numbers and we will try to math it out.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-01-31 11:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah don't sweat it just take 60 carefully controlled data points and we'll do all the work
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-31 11:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
yeah don't sweat it just take 60 carefully controlled data points and we'll do all the work

Look, I made tons of tests and spreadsheets for this community and would gladly do that test myself, but I havent won Bonanza, so can only offer help that is possible from my position. You dont need to be sarcastic about it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-31 12:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Relatively simple matter with sam on it

Just naked med to 1k and hit it from the back

You can cut the 10x though. twice is good enough. 30 minute test.

med > ws, med > ws, med > ws with a bunch of str, med > ws with a bunch of dex

Then just go hit something under normal conditions with fast blade and then right after with fast blade II (same set) (2x 3000tp)

After that, you can get fancy and do a bajillion bunches of other ***
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-01-31 12:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is no one going to bring up that this guy won a bonanza before and now again? Quit playing ffxi and buy an actual lottery ticket man!
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-31 12:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Relatively simple matter with sam on it

Just naked med to 1k and hit it from the back

You can cut the 10x though. twice is good enough. 30 minute test.

med > ws, med > ws, med > ws with a bunch of str, med > ws with a bunch of dex

Then just go hit something under normal conditions with fast blade and then right after with fast blade II (same set) (2x 3000tp)

After that, you can get fancy and do a bajillion bunches of other ***

You have randomizer on pdif so 2 times might not be enough. Also if you only WS with static amount of WSC, you won't be able to tell what WSC % is and what fTP is. You need to change value of WSC, so you can calculate (based on difference in damage) what gain you get from WSC (knowing weapon base, previous WSC stat value and fSTR).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-31 12:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

99% chance its just a higher mod fast blade. probably doesnt even have a new animation.
By SimonSes 2021-01-31 12:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

99% chance its just a higher mod fast blade. probably doesnt even have a new animation.

I like your optimism :)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-31 12:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean it's literally fast blade II it's not quick blade or optiblade or newstabbyfacemcgee
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-31 12:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's also an onion sword III yet it has completely new model :P

Edit: NVM lol it isnt.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-01-31 13:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So it looks like Lucent might not be the only one to claim it.
I won't link the person, but if you search the item, you can view people that have it equipped and were scanned and well, someone else on asura popped up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 17:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So........ why would you not post a comparison to a fast blade I
[+]
By Nariont 2021-02-03 17:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

buffs, debuffs, set, dmg comparison to other WS, etc
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-02-03 17:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

because it wouldn't matter anyways, a screenshot with no controlled variables doesn't mean anything
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 17:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, when you're 4 geo 8 song 10 rolled 2houred everything does damage even a fast blade will do 50k (and hounds take extra slashing damage)

Comparison pic wouldn't be "informational" just "informative"

Like how you gonna test fire II and not cast fire I to make sure it's better, ya know?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-03 17:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It really doesn't matter about what Fast Blade was doing, what were his other WS doing with those same buffs from something like Sequence? Does Fast Blade II have the same properties that Fast Blade does? I assume so, but are there differences in SC damage? That's what I'm interested in.
 Asura.Sharkkie
user: Sharkky
By Asura.Sharkkie 2021-02-03 18:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello just to be clear I have actually started testing the Onion sword III on mobs with recommendations from a forum member on this site. I am now working on testing with boost spells (soon as I can find a WHM with 500 enhancing magic). I'll turn in my info to the number crunchers and try to help best I can if they need more info.
By waffle 2021-02-04 10:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, here's the jp wiki info on Fast Blade II.
http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/38159.html
If that's accurate, same number of hits, different SC property, different ftp, different stat mod.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-04 10:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Double the ftp though (nuclear heat probably means "fusion")
By SimonSes 2021-02-04 10:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

waffle said: »
If that's accurate, same number of hits, different SC property, different ftp, different stat mod.

If that's true that ws is absolutely broken

It's written there that it has fTP transferred to all hits. With 1.8/3.5/5 ftp and 80%dex it's the best WS in the game basically.

Now I'm super pissed it's behind bonanza and it will probably stay there. ***... On the other hand this ws is super broken and almost all jobs, so outside of bonanza everyone would build that for all jobs.

EDIT: ok that was small overreaction. Its not the best, Its among the best, but it has easily the highest potential to cheese the most damage possible and its also all jobs. Its also totally OP for THF and BLU. I will math this out later...
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-02-04 11:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
waffle said: »

If that's true that ws is absolutely broken

It's written there that it has fTP transferred to all hits. With 1.8/3.5/5 ftp and 80%dex it's the best WS in the game basically.

Now I'm super pissed it's behind bonanza and it will probably stay there. ***... On the other hand this ws is super broken and almost all jobs, so outside of bonanza everyone would build that for all jobs.

EDIT: ok that was small overreaction. Its not the best, Its among the best, but it has easily the highest potential to cheese the most damage possible and its also all jobs. Its also totally OP for THF and BLU. I will math this out later...

What about RNG with KClub + Gandiva R15 (for all the DEX and STR) and HArrow lol
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-02-04 11:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »
What about RNG with KClub + Gandiva R15 (for all the DEX and STR) and HArrow lol

Pretty sure the TP bonus bow would push damage higher than Gandiva ever could (unless you hold TP to 3k that is).
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22