2021 Mog Bonanza
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-16 19:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is +20%, but we'd need a test with a 1 handed weapon (or with other PDL gear on) go see if it's a percentage or flat increase.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-16 19:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a slightly longer test - 10 minutes this time with same use of everything, but 3 mobs.

All 3 hits crit..
2230 worm
2163 bee
2242 bee

Also hit a stray bee passing by...
crit...
1909 bee

Asura.Geriond said: »
My guess is +20%, but we'd need a test with a 1 handed weapon (or with other PDL gear on) go see if it's a percentage or flat increase.

IF there is a particular test for me to perform, I'm more than happy to do it.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-16 20:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also check if VE is significant weighted more than CE.

You've got numbers for extended durations for total enmity, but if it's only using VE (which might be a thing they can denote, idk) then you'd get wonky results.

If it's meant for you to use hate generators directly before you use WSs and the cap is much higher, it would be easy to miss in the test you're doing.

For PLD, doing Divine Emblem > Sentinel > Flash > Invincible would generate a very large hate spike. Can Provoke if /WAR, I'm sure someone can come up with a larger hate spike. If the numbers are significantly higher or even in the same ball park as capped total enmity then you have more data to figure it out.

I'd love to find out that hitting 2h on tank jobs sets that thing into overdrive.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-07-17 05:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
You don't really need a lot of samples as long as the test is well controlled. At attack cap, damage only varies by the randomizer factorz which ranges from +0% to +5%.

Yea, I started to notice that. Did a really quick test in south gusta.

1521 Worm
1510 Worm
1515 Worm
1924 Bee(crit)
1515 Bee
1498 Bats
1482 Bats

Spent about 5 minutes building enmity. Marchx2, haste, all JA's used in that time, including 2 hours, and foil with stun/flash when nothing else.

1808 (Worm)

Did a slightly longer test - 10 minutes this time with same use of everything, but 3 mobs.

All 3 hits crit..
2230 worm
2163 bee
2242 bee

Also hit a stray bee passing by...
crit...
1909 bee

IF there is a particular test for me to perform, I'm more than happy to do it.

ok, disclaimer here is that it has been a long time since I did FFXI math.

Brave Blade III has 331 base damage, which means it has an fSTR2 cap of 44 (8+floor(331/9)) for a total base damage of 375.

You're showing a non-crit, post-randomizer pDIF range of 3.952~4.056 and 5.091~5.130 for crits, when the base for GS is 3.75 and 4.75. Damage Limit + changes the expected range, so what job were you using for this, and were you using Physical Damage Limit gear? You mention Foil and Stun, so I assume RUN/DRK and probably no PDL gear?

If it's any other job combo, then I suspect it is considering your claim enmity when calculating your damage. You should pull monsters with your mule using Elegy or something when collecting your baseline samples.

If it *is* that job combo, then you would expect a pre-randomizer value of of 3.95 for your pDIF. Your sample size is small and you got lucky with the crits, but it would make sense. I'll do the rest of the math assuming 3.95 pDIF for non-crit and 4.95 pDIF for crit.

Non-crit: 1808 (4.82)
Crit: 2163 (5.768) ~ 2242 (5.979) :: 3.7% spread

The "up to +20%" with capped enmity is as good a guess as any with this data.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-17 05:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, sorry about the small data size. These were more of a "i have a few minutes to kill" kind of tests. I'll keep that in mind about pulling with elegy. Should I sleep the mobs or let them swing?

RUN/DRK ML18, so only 2x Damage Limit traits.

Here is the set used when attacking. Spoiler, it's a tank set because I didn't think about changing. No other PDL gear used.

ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
head={ name="Nyame Helm", augments={'Path: B',}},
body="Runeist's Coat +3",
hands={ name="Nyame Gauntlets", augments={'Path: B',}},
legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
neck={ name="Futhark Torque +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Eabani Earring",
right_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ring={name="Moonlight Ring", bag="wardrobe2",},
right_ring={name="Moonlight Ring", bag="wardrobe3",},
back={ name="Ogma's Cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Server: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2022-07-17 07:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Without the intent on touching anyone in their potency, Miracle Cheer sounds pretty awesome. 15 Min 1-off SV sounds like win.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-07-17 07:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, sorry about the small data size. These were more of a "i have a few minutes to kill" kind of tests. I'll keep that in mind about pulling with elegy. Should I sleep the mobs or let them swing?

Looks like it might not matter and we don't really need baseline samples as long as you stay on RUN/DRK and don't wear PDL gear.

I'd say there are really two practical questions to answer:
1. What is the PDL bonus at capped enmity?
2. How much enmity do you need to reach that cap?

For the first question, SE has already stated that it depends on both CE and VE. It won't really be possible to swing while at the VE cap without using non-scalable hacks like Caper Emissarius, so just do the best you can and maybe collect another 10 samples or so.

For the second question, the pattern would be something like:
* Lock your gear set
* Cast Flash on a disengaged monster (claim enmity + Flash + your enmity bonuses)
* Swing at it
* If the damage is lower than your capped-enmity range, add another enmity action until it gets prohibitive.
* Keep in mind that VE decays so the time between claim and your actions and hitting the monster matters. However, don't have an aneurism.
* When you get into the range of your capped damage, that's probably good enough and you should report here. If it gets too annoying before you find it, that's also useful information.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [182 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2023-01-15 03:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pearl sales end Monday. You can buy 2.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22