Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-25 14:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to get roc sim serket and KA even though they're always dead. and LJ but he's got no title.

No dice on vrtra jorm tiamat taisiai xioltl (but I'm not super invested, I just check once a day)

1 title for a king probably isn't heavily weighted, it's not high on my mountain of ***to do, that's a I'm rank 6+ how do I get 7 or 8 type thing for sure.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-25 18:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ENMs are stingy. I'll never get a cloud evoker for ouryu/wyrm bc clears ;;

and 900 RoE Complete! No rank obviously, but at least at 1000 RoE I get the RoE unlocked that gives 99x copper vouchers so that's a thing

edit: I should be able to hit 1000 without much trouble. A lot of them aren't difficulty, but just grindy (hello harvesting in every zone)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-25 22:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. k.
I did cop and rotz with two characters with differing progressions. Neither ranked up.

Character one was basically the same as the first one that ranked on dawn's bc

The only outstanding differences are amount of trusts. and jobs unlocked/99's (titles, maybe, another thing I didn't track at the tiem)

Character two had less of basically everything. I only skilled them up to caps to test that, and nothing else at all.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got nothin. Not in the mood to unlock and 99 21 jobs, so I guess tomorrows goal is pick up trusts.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 01:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

WHOA

all I had to do was complain about wanting to do fiat lux and the rest of my server seemingly took care of it. windy controls all the campaign northlands on lakshmi right now. right on!

edit: OHHH, its the campaign event right now, no wonder they took it over they must have wanted the extra drops or w/e
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 02:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

BIG NEWS

Getting the *** fiat lux clear ranked me up to 7

I had checked JUST before doing the fight and was still rank 6. Checked again after talking to the campaign op npc and taking the fight again (I want the lockstyle drops), and BAM rank 7

Here are my current other stats to compare if it was something random or the fiat lux clear (the mission completion in the log or the title itself is my bet)

Rank 7:
-All Missions/addons complete
-Crafts capped (110 gold w/ escutcheon; ebisu+1/lu+1)
-All jobs mastered
-937 records of eminence
-Adoulin ring+1/ygnas
-Monster rearing: Missing 4 mementos (in progress)
-Maat's Cap
-All trusts
-All spells learned
-All mounts except chocobo (in progress)
-All skills capped
-12 REMA (1 relic, 3 mythics, 2 empy, 2 ergon, 4 aeonic)
-All mythic ws unlock quests complete
-All empy ws unlocked
-Max Fame everywhere
-Homepoints: all unlocked
-Survival Guides: all unlocked
-Proto Waypoints:all unlocked
-Outpost Warps: missing Movalpolis for bastok, dont know others
-Vorseals: Missing 2 HP(kills), 1 Atk(Choco Race)
(Also missing many dragon kill vorseals)
-UNMs: Missing 1 (not tumult, hes ded)
-Abyssea complete/Atma of the savior
-Monstrosity: Highest Monster Level 90 (Toad)
-Campaign Ops: 12/way too many (fiat lux(s/b/w), splitting heirs, and plucking wings complete)
-Chocobo Digging: Amateur (only dug 30 items for RoE)
-Voidwatch complete - Missing 4 periapt, 9 atmacite
-All dyna-d full cleared/judge,jury,executioner
-Master trial: zero completions
-144/145 atma (missing guild signboard)
-65/65 abyssites
-677+ quests complete (pre-title hunt, needs recount)
-771/1056 titles
-927+ days playtime

To do: chocobo raising/racing, 800 titles, 950 roe, buy useless guild items for titles (signboard, fool's gold), conquest point purchases for titles (copper vouchers), unlock all monstrosity species (UGH), do SCNM titles, Get missing NM titles (18 left), meeble burrows (batallia side)

Sure, there is the possibility that having one more campaign op completed over my previous 7 is what bumped me over, but if not the fiat lux clear or title itself specifically, I'm thinking that different titles or mission/quest clears maybe just have different point values in the ranking system themselves and fiat lux was worth a lot

edit: OR even better, there are 9 very specific requirements (for ranks 2-10 lets say) to complete a rank up, and along with those requirements, there is a point system as well and even if you meet or beat the amount of points you need to rank up, without that specific requirement you will not rank up. So maybe I was over on points needed and then one of the requirements out of the 9 was the fiat lux clear/title and *poof* instant rank up. So I'm considering fiat lux my crafting rank exam item, lol.

It's silly, but I think having a point system as well as requirements fits for the amount of grinding we've put in these past weeks and what we've seen. So in the Eiryl example maybe you already had your strict requirement to rank up complete, and then you got your rank up from grind your (great sword?) skill up by adding enough points to go over the required points for that rank. And now, even though you're adding more and more points with the things you're doing to rank up, there is another specific requirement you need and when you find it you'll *poof* insta rank up because you've been grinding out points towards the point requirement already.

Now that I know fiat lux ranked me up, I'm going to be pushing even harder to get a cloud evoker to see if ouryu and then wyrm/bahamut BC title might be a thing too
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 03:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, and I'll just put this seperate, but if specific titles are a thing, predictions on some titles that may be gatekeeper/guild test items that I don't have

chocobo racing: chocochampion and/or crystal stakes cupholders

MMM (mentioned in official dev post): Moblin Overlord (they wouldn't dare)

skirmish (also mentioned in official dev post): There are skirmish titles for beating the zones while using tier V torsos! I have none of these

ballista: the ballista royale winner title?! again they wouldn't dare make rank 10 basically unattainable would they? Maybe just gold ballistar...

master trial titles: these are a thing, I only know lux ex tenebris from the shadowlord one tho

wyrmking ascends bc: wyrm astonisher. More realistic, so probably not a thing

lu shang quest!: the immortal lu shang. I did this back in the day with 10k moat carp, but never on this newer character :x

extremely discerning individual: a wacky one, but no one rides the airships anymore, so I doubt a title given from completing the airship quest with every single character model would even be found these days.

Are there any titles linked to other things no one does? pankration? brenner? hunt registry? uhhh... anything?

All speculation, but all just in good fun!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 08:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you probably didn't track everything you did from 6 to 7. You got a rough idea though?

Somewhere in that list is a defining task(s) and the rest of the "mountain of ***" filled the points? Fiat lux doesn't seem like a defining objective, but, it's square it could be. (as in, I'm sure there are rank 7's who've never done it)

Congrats though. Just when you feel discouraged, they give it to you.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 08:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

from 6 to 7, rough:

-did all abyssea quests/fame/abyssites/all but one atma (had no abyssea fame before

-went from around 620 titles to 744 titles

-went from around 750~ roe complete to 904 RoE complete

-completed voidwatch, didn't have provenance watcher kill before I started grinding. Still missing lots of periapt/atmacite

-completed limbus: got titles from proto-omega/ultima and arch-ultima. already had arch-omega title

-beat a lot of weak unms I didn't have before as part of the roe clears. Already tumult curator cleared since before grinding this out

-learned quite a few (10+) spells that I didn't know before. Mostly ninja ones that i just skipped. still missing 1 spell

-capped pld staff skill as the last skill I needed capped

-unlocked at least 2 or 3 more survival guides and homepoints, and a lot of the protoway points (only had like 4 of these before) to have all of each unlocked

-completed the shantotto ascension addon as my last addon missions

-started raising a chocobo, it is adolescent now, so no racing done or anything

-might have gotten 1 or 2 more monster rearing mementos since starting. I was already doing these as a hobby so I've been close to done for a while

-leveled monster rearing tiger from 30~ to 75 to unlock the coeurl. didnt really level the coeurl much. (the start of unlocking species)

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure it would have been more enlightening if I started at 5 and went to 6 and then to 7, but we shall see

I'm not stopping btw, so let's see what I can accomplish between now and a rank 8!

edit: 2 more things I remember, for the vorseals one was the expeditionary force, and one was completing odin II
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 08:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it interesting going from 6## to 7## titles just as a "hey, this is of some noteworthiness" A rank 7 with 700 titles, hmmmmm (but 1 of many)
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Server: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2021-01-26 09:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you get a title count?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-26 09:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
BIG NEWS

Getting the *** fiat lux clear ranked me up to 7

I had checked JUST before doing the fight and was still rank 6. Checked again after talking to the campaign op npc and taking the fight again (I want the lockstyle drops), and BAM rank 7

Here are my current other stats to compare if it was something random or the fiat lux clear (the mission completion in the log or the title itself is my bet)

Rank 7:
-All Missions/addons complete
-Crafts capped (110 gold w/ escutcheon; ebisu+1/lu+1)
-All jobs mastered
-905 records of eminence
-Adoulin ring+1/ygnas
-Monster rearing: Missing 4 mementos (in progress)
-Maat's Cap
-All trusts
-All spells except cruel joke
-All mounts except chocobo (in progress)
-All skills capped
-11 REMA (1 relic, 3 mythics, 2 empy, 2 ergon, 3 aeonic)
-Max Fame everywhere
-Homepoints: all unlocked
-Survival Guides: all unlocked
-Proto Waypoints:all unlocked
-Outpost Warps: missing Movalpolis for bastok, dont know others
-Vorseals: Missing 2 HP(kills), 1 Atk(Choco Race)
(Also missing many dragon kill vorseals)
-UNMs: Missing 1 (not tumult, hes ded)
-Abyssea complete/Atma of the savior
-Monstrosity: Highest Monster Level 90 (Toad)
-Campaign Ops: 8/way too many (fiat lux complete)
-Chocobo Digging: Amateur (only dug 30 items for RoE)
-Voidwatch complete - Missing 4 periapt, 9 atmacite
-All dyna-d full cleared/judge,jury,executioner
-Master trial: zero completions
-144/145 atma (missing guild signboard)
-65/65 abyssites
-677+ quests complete (pre-title hunt, needs recount)
-744/1056 titles
-927+ days playtime

Well first and foremost, congrats Averith! I think I said this before, but stat for stat, we're pretty close. So while this doesn't help Eiryl's testing as much, this definitely helps the overall system.

It's silly, but I think having a point system as well as requirements fits for the amount of grinding we've put in these past weeks and what we've seen. So in the Eiryl example maybe you already had your strict requirement to rank up complete, and then you got your rank up from grind your (great sword?) skill up by adding enough points to go over the required points for that rank. And now, even though you're adding more and more points with the things you're doing to rank up, there is another specific requirement you need and when you find it you'll *poof* insta rank up because you've been grinding out points towards the point requirement already.

This seems feasible. I know I won't be able to do as much as you have in the short term, but this definitely gives a good jump-off point for someone with some more time on their hands to blaze through and confirm.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 09:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gennss said: »

Unfortunately, literally count them manually.

(If you're an old account this site/guildwork (CAN*) track your titles)
https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Avereith#titles
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-26 11:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on Page 8 a few suggestions were made. You can check old ffxiclopedia title page. Averith also provided a spreadsheet which I straight up copy/pasted and refined.
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
OK!

counting complete

Mind sharing that spreadsheet? It won't help me right now but would helpful for future endeavors. :)

sure here, enjoy my "i can't use excel" basics:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l81SmA_dVz0uXfNx5Ap71_rR6hral3aQXIMRU4s4bTw/edit?usp=sharing
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-01-26 13:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Unfortunately, literally count them manually.

(If you're an old account this site/guildwork (CAN*) track your titles)
https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Avereith#titles

I think I might have overloaded the title tracker, and newer titles weren't registering, last time I checked. Originally it had been pulling title data from the LSCom, but later from the client. I gave up on it long ago haha.

It says the last title I had registered was "Victorious Owner" 3 years ago. I certainly have done some things since then.

My current goal is to finish more named quests and work up incursion.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 14:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah as for the titles we output them all into a document/spreadsheet and just went around to title npcs counting them all and checking them off one by one, and then I've just made sure to add whichever ones I get as I get them from quests, nms, or whatever else
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 16:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So about titles... I know that no one has this, it would be a nice thing to have possibly. May work on this, it's nothing complex just cutting and pasting.

Titles grouped by how. A lot are pretty obvious, but defined categories are "nice"

Like;
Titles from HNM
Titles from Abyssea
Titles from main storyline mission
Titles from mmm

I want to know where the biggest pool of titles I can still get come from. So I can focus on that thing and move to the next etc. It seems like I've done a "ton of ***" until you realize I've only got 400 titles of the 1050. I don't even know where 600 more titles come from without putting serious research into it lol.

(I know a BIG chunk comes from doing all the VD HTB... of which I have ZERO...... on the account for testing purposes. that's a bummer to work on solo)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 16:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

got the walk of echoes titles for surged walks? that campaign is up now and its 15 titles right there, and then 15 more for the non-surged walks once campaign is over

edit: and also a title from buying an item of almost each rank from the conquest points in each nation. so thats probably like ~25 more titles
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 17:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, and if you're going to delve into title research, see if you can find out more about the mog garden titles given from ranking up in each thing (furrows, mining, etc). I am rank 7 all around in the mog garden, and yet the title NPC is actually missing some titles that I should have (adamanttock, etc) unless there are actually 2 or more titles given from each mog garden location with harvesting actually beyond what's required for reaching rank 7. And in that case... well crap

the titles are listen here under mog garden: https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Titles
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 17:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew about that page, not exactly what I had in mind, it kinda half does it. They're in an order, but not the order I want lol.

Also, yeah, a lot of things give double titles. You won't even know you got them cause your title changes so fast in a series sometimes.

I never noticed you get 5 titles for advanced job AF sets (after rotz and cop jobs)... when you do the first 15 you get 1 title at the end.

A WAR gets Paragon of Warrior
A DNC gets Dancer, promising, stardust, elegant, dazzling
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 18:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I had in mind

Every title from every HTB list, pulled out from the full list and grouped together (it's formatted like ***on here, but looks purdy on note++)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 18:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that would be a lot better to look at then the Rando bgwiki giant list of 1000+ titles only alphabetized

A nice completionist checklist
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 19:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So, perfect example of why

Was making the list of "every title while building an aeonic"

I hit the sky gods... neither wiki has the titles listed for either god (OG or Escha) so, I'm relatively sure that Byakko Tamer is 75 Byakko, but what is Escha Byakko (and Genbu Seiryu Suzaku)

Now, I can go to Norg and look at all the titles in the aeonic list and try to figure out which one it is, mildly irritating. I don't even know if they give a title in escha, just assume they do.

Ark Angels have titles HTB and Escha, maybe the gods don't.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 19:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

byakko tamer and the other 3 are indeed the escha titles

kirin dismantler is the kouryu title

of the OG gods, only kirin gave a title with kirin captivator

edit: on bgwiki, Suzaku Plucker, Seiryu Clipper, Genbu Cracker are all under the escha title section, the byakko page just saying "none" is just an error
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 19:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it was byakko I looked at first and assumed they would all be wrong... typical
 Bismarck.Rosalee
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-01-26 20:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Long long long ago, I had tried to maintain xiclopedia's list of titles. Then they turned into fandom and I was all "BYE, FELICIA".

The end.

P.S. I added Byakko's title to bgwiki. You're welcome. Also, ok so I got lazy when I was building my first aeonic forever ago and stopped adding titles to pages. Sorry.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-26 21:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

sure felt neat to add these today. shame bastok didn't have their act together so I could complete the set with cracking shells

Bismarck.Rosalee
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-01-27 00:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like my additions are going to be very slow and sparse as I finish up my Abyssea project that I started last March (thanks COVID! /s)

Today I finished Kupofried's Axe Moogle Magic.

Still 7.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-01-27 11:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Avereith, have you beaten every HTBF on VD? all macro orb on VD, ect?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-27 11:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

that's a big no. I doubt I have any VD htbf clears but tenzen and I think... odin?

I'll double check those titles, but I'm pretty sure I only have 2 or 3
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-01-27 14:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I ask is I'm wondering if its just "have x-number of titles" or if its "have x-number of specific titles", eg: HTBF and such.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 47 48 49