Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » Share your custom FFXI UI
Share your custom FFXI UI
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-03 10:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

michalmichal said: »
This is mine. I really like it. Everything has it's place and doesn't clutter the screen. Information doesn't repeat (party list covers the default one). There is only 1 thing missing. Currently I don't see mp cost of abilities.

This looks incredibly Clean w/ Clear visibility. I’m not sure how y’all made such look so alien to what I’m using but what Windower Plug-in Addons you using if you don’t mind sharing? I like it too btw.

How did you adjust HP/MP/TP into such a format
[+]
By Spookyfish89 2021-12-03 11:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
How do you make the background in xivparty opaque?

I'd like to know this too. Wish xivparty worked with alliance so I could just cover the party/alliance menu from the vanilla game.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-03 13:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Aliekber said: »

I use a *highly* bastardized version of XIVHotbar in order to make it look and act like XIV's crossbar since I mainly play with a controller. I originally wrote it to entice my XIV-obsessed wife into playing XI more, but in the process of making it I decided I liked it more than XI's macro system, so I stuck with it.

As long as that Hotbar does exactly what Macros do then such is absolutely Perfect and should had been that which was actually implemented into FFXIV to begin w/ in the 1st place. Rather than just a simple shortcut to bypass Menus but rather instead doing exactly as Macros themselves do in FFXI. FFXIV is just way too simplistic for my tastes.

Leave it to the FFXI community to make everything SquareEnix creates even better than what SquareEnix release. Never Fails.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-12-03 16:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly does that modified hotbar function? is it using the ingame macro bars (thusly rquring a complete revamp of your old macros) like the version I knew before this, or is it effectively an extra set of macros that I could bind to the extra buttons on an 8bitdo controller to double my amount of aviliable macro sets?
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-05 16:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I was feeling inspired to learn some things.....

YouTube Video Placeholder

I remember when SE wouldnt show us Party TP....
Now I need it OFF
By Tathamet 2021-12-05 19:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Beautiful. Share your settings :)
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-05 21:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tathamet said: »

I explained right here before I did it cuz I knew I would be able to do it once I had time to alter the code

llAKs0nll said: »
raycian said: »
If there could be a solid background in black it could cover the ugly default one.

I flipped the Assets backwards so that they faded to the Left instead of the Right. That didn’t work.
I increased the Length of ImgBG. That didn’t work.
I edited the Assets in Paint and Blackened everything. Even that didn’t work but it did drastically reduce the visibility of the Default UI.

I Copy/Pasted the FFXI1080 layout color Settings into FFXIV1080 layout giving me FFXI colored HP/MP/TP which looks much better than White.

I found this though & I know exactly what I am going to do w/ that.

This + AshenbubsHD-Prime, since I recently learned how to allocate more VRAM, and I should be satisfied. I don’t actually like FFXI colored HP/MP and I still need a Solid Black ImgBG so no more #FFFFFF

They only thing I couldnt Black Out was Trust/Party TP. I tried turning OFF visible TP but I dont even know if that /partyinfo showtp OFF works any longer but wasnt doing nothing w/ Trusts

#FFFFFF is actually Program Code for the color White so made it #000000 instead and used what I linked to pick & choose w/e other colors I wanted to use.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-12-05 23:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The party tp is an ancient addon . TPparty I believe. Just unload it.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-06 00:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried repeatedly to get the TP Bar to <blink></blink> but it wouldn’t work for me no matter what I tried. I reverted back to White color TP Bar cuz it’s supposed to be blinking nonstop & White is more visible w/o any blinking.
By ksoze 2021-12-06 05:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I see alot of large mp bars. I'd focus more on making the HP bigger to get a better feel of it. Seems alot more important to me.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-06 23:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tathamet said: »
How did you hide your Trust TP?
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
The party tp is an ancient addon . TPparty I believe. Just unload it.
Am I seriously using a Windower Addon/Plugin thinking it’s SE showing us our Trust TP? XD
https://docs.windower.net/addons/tparty/
I didn’t understand you but I think I do now…. LOL
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [99 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Woulfwood
Server: Asura
By Asura.Woulfwood 2022-03-16 11:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Work in progress

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-03-16 16:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I should steal this, but my own gearswap requires me to have more BP categories than you have displayed.
What are the embolden and prepare keys for?
I presume the trusts button toggles the whole thing into some special trusts hotbar?
 Asura.Woulfwood
By Asura.Woulfwood 2022-03-16 19:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

"Embolden" button:

"Prepare" button:

The "Trusts" button is just one setup of trusts I made to summon. It'd be awesome if this addon can do what you said. Like, changing out blood pact ability actions depending on which avatar I summoned.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-03-16 20:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be theoretically possible if you set your gearswap to send the send the commands to rebind your BPs based on your summoning an avatar.
I'm just generally too lazy to do that.
Doubly so when the gearswap I have already categorizes Bps so that I only need to bind one line to do an appropriate BP.
It's in the smn forums somewhere if you wanted to yoink it. The maker set things up so that the gearsets and the functions are in different files to make any future updates easier if they are made.
 Asura.Woulfwood
By Asura.Woulfwood 2022-03-17 00:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if I follow you. Rebinding buttons of xivhotbar, or rebinding command aliases or gearswap commands?

If it's about rebinding buttons of xivhotbar in the game, I wouldn't risk doing that. They stopped updating the addon after they added those commands, they are unreliable and can sometimes corrupt your file.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-03-17 06:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

AH. I didn't know the commands were unreliable and could corrupt things.
The basic idea would have been something like making your gearswap file sending the list of hotbat bind commands in aftercast (If pet= x then )or when you start summoning an Avatar.

EDIT: I just looked at the Akirana example lua and it has different keybinds based on your summon. Just use that as an example for your editing.
Code
}
xivhotbar_keybinds_job['Ifrit'] = {
  {'f 1 1', 'pet',  'Flaming Crush', 'stnpc', 'FC'},
}
 Asura.Woulfwood
By Asura.Woulfwood 2022-03-17 13:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, I'll consider it. I'm working on my gearswap first.
 Asura.Mystiana
user: Firemyst
By Asura.Mystiana 2022-04-05 02:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've coded mine to do this. I had to make some modifications to the xivhotbar code, though. If interested, let me know.

It's still a little buggy when showing the BP's though. I am still figuring out why.
 Asura.Mystiana
user: Firemyst
By Asura.Mystiana 2022-04-05 02:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Woulfwood said: »
Not sure if I follow you. Rebinding buttons of xivhotbar, or rebinding command aliases or gearswap commands?

If it's about rebinding buttons of xivhotbar in the game, I wouldn't risk doing that. They stopped updating the addon after they added those commands, they are unreliable and can sometimes corrupt your file.

I've had no issues with it so far... but I've kinda adopted the add-on, unofficially.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-05 09:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually have an issue where attempting to move hotbar 5 (I was putting all of the windower gearswap keybinds on there) makes all hotbar settings for charactes load their x/y position as 0 the next time xivhotbar loads up. really weird.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2022-05-20 09:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

xivparty has always had an issue where it wouldn't register <st> or <stal> targets in the menu. If you covered up the original party menu then you could no longer see who you was targeting with those commands. To get around that issue, I went ahead and made a minimalist version that served to enhance what was already there and decided to carry over that "less is more" theme to my entire UI.
[+]
By Aoibhe 2022-05-20 12:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind sharing your XIVhotbar config? I could never get the ugly numbers next to it to disapear
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2022-05-20 13:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The hotbar number is a setting outside of the regular settings. Go to XIVhotbar > lib > ui and open that up. Press ctrl + F to find:
hotbar.number:size(theme_options.font_size)

Change that to:
hotbar.number:size(0)

That's the easiest way to remove it. It just makes the font size 0 so you can't actually see the number there.
 Asura.Egal
By Asura.Egal 2022-05-20 13:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you make the original party list disappear to replace it with xivparty list?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-05-20 13:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Egal said: »
How do you make the original party list disappear to replace it with xivparty list?

It’s still there, but it’s behind the xivparty list.
 Asura.Rinky
By Asura.Rinky 2022-05-20 13:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok. Thanks!
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-05-20 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I have time to play again, I'm looking to redo my hud...

Can we get some more hud posts in here?

Please include resolution and add-ons.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2022-05-27 17:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Brixy said: »

xivparty has always had an issue where it wouldn't register <st> or <stal> targets in the menu. If you covered up the original party menu then you could no longer see who you was targeting with those commands. To get around that issue, I went ahead and made a minimalist version that served to enhance what was already there and decided to carry over that "less is more" theme to my entire UI.

Mind sharing how you get your XIVParty to look like so? That looks perfect.