Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » Share your custom FFXI UI
Share your custom FFXI UI
First Page 2 3 4
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-11 18:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The other night I decided to stream a quick Omen run for the LS leader on discord, he arrived a little late so he had to sit it out but wanted to watch our progress. He made a comment about my interface which then led everyone on discord to check my stream. They were all surprised with it's look/set up, some saying it's it looked like I was playing FFXIV (I do borrow a lof of their icons).

Now when they watch a video from Brixy or NextGames, they ask me which addons they use. Although I don't full time some of those addons like in thier videos I do on occassion activate them when needed (like gearinfo, scoreboard/parse).

I'm a little surprised a thread like this doesn't already exist. But here are the addons I full time when playing. Hope otheres will share theirs and if nothing else, this helps others modernize their game a bit if they care to. Your mileage will vary, I play at 3840x1440. So I have a lot of realestate to play with. Lower resolutions might look cluttered.

Fulltime Addons:
XIVHotbar - https://github.com/Akirane/XIVHotbar (Akirane updated SirEdeonX's original addon)
XIVParty
XIVbar
Invtracker
Giltracker
Equipviewer
FFXIDB
Debuffed

Occasional Addons:
Gearinfo
Infobar
Parse (liking it better than Scoreboard lately)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-11 18:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Few notable mentions about Akirane's updated XIVHotbar for those that messed with the original. Every bar can be moved anywhere/everywhere you want. They can be made to go vertical or horizontal. They are clickable by mouse. I find myself playing with keyboard and mouse a lot of the times. Can keybind to your liking. And there's more features/updates in the pipeline.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-11 18:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine:

[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-11 18:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ROFL, dead.
 Asura.Erupt
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-09-11 20:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play full width on my monitor resolution, and my second monitor is dedicated to alts. I have a hud window system I made that allows any kind of alt to send and make a hud window on my main screen to show me various information that I might not feel like looking at their screen for.

[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-11 20:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes... literally every video I upload they ask me about ui stuff. Even after I made a video about setting up a UI lol. I tried out xivhotbar but it tended to interfere with my actual macro bar and felt restrictive for that reason. I macro EVERYTHING. This was when it was new though, I may try to play around with it and implement it again. I have extra G keys on my keyboard so maybe I could bind those to some helpful macros or something

Edit:
Equipviewer, xivparty, distance, infobar, timers, invtracker (only for main inventory, not total inventory), pettp (not shown since I'm in mhaura), battlemod
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-11 21:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't like so much information all over the screen.
[+]
 Bismarck.Batton
Server: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2020-09-11 23:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me.. I need to make a keybind that toggles show/hide for some of these addons
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-11 23:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Erupt said: »
I don't play full width on my monitor resolution, and my second monitor is dedicated to alts. I have a hud window system I made that allows any kind of alt to send and make a hud window on my main screen to show me various information that I might not feel like looking at their screen for.

Man I really tried to intergrate ruptchat but I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. I saw you've updated since so I might give it another go. Might have to just put it over the regular chat and make the background opaque.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-12 03:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bro - This thread really made me feel bad about my UI - I need to step it up lol
[+]
By Aliekber 2020-09-12 03:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a *highly* bastardized version of XIVHotbar in order to make it look and act like XIV's crossbar since I mainly play with a controller. I originally wrote it to entice my XIV-obsessed wife into playing XI more, but in the process of making it I decided I liked it more than XI's macro system, so I stuck with it.

Some of the additions I've made to it include Xing out any BLU spells I don't currently have equipped and any NIN spells I'm out of tools for, including the count of any stackable item I bind to a button combo, a skillchain window indicator (the horizontal green bar, which shrinks into the center as the skillchain window passes), and a button combo binding utility. Also, any weaponskill bound to a button will change--if applicable--into the icon of the skillchain it would make if I were to use it right now (only when skillchain window is open), which you can see happening to Expiacion in the below image on the right side.

Skillchain indicator (with animated crawling ants, on which I spent more time than I'm willing to admit making look right).

Button combo binding utility menu.

Button combo binding utility confirmation screen.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-12 04:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The staggered line of your XIVhotbar is offensive to my eyes!
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-12 04:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Aliekber said: »

Skillchain indicator (with animated crawling ants, on which I spent more time than I'm willing to admit making look right).

Holy s*** man... This incredible stuff. You share this with the public? Or you gonna hog this amazing thing to yourself?
 Asura.Cluste
user: Bjggi
By Asura.Cluste 2020-09-12 04:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Some other example of my customized XIV Hotbar's for all my alts (Geo, Cor, Whm, Brd, Rdm, Main Drk).

[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-12 05:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice custom icons. Single tone color scheme looks clean.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-09-12 07:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Before this thread: My UI is fine, I got equip viewer and multiple horizontal chat logs!

After this thread: Jesus Christ my UI is terrible.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Arkanethered Asura 2020-09-12 09:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
Aliekber said: »

Holy s*** man... This incredible stuff. You share this with the public? Or you gonna hog this amazing thing to yourself?

I'll second this request... Been looking for a controler hotbar option for 7 years.

[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2020-09-12 12:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aliekber
Please post a link to this addon. I've been struggling with a joytokey ffxiv map for a long time. This would be life changing.
By Aliekber 2020-09-12 13:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
The staggered line of your XIVhotbar is offensive to my eyes!

It's meant to emulate the behavior of this.

Arkanethered Asura said: »
Carbuncle.Razziel said: »

I'll second this request... Been looking for a controler hotbar option for 7 years.

Yeah, I can release it, with some caveats:
  • I'll have to go through a whole approval process with my work, who claims ownership of any code I write while in their employ. Meaning it will be several weeks before I can open source it.

• To say that the code I wrote for this is hacky is an understatement; I never intended it to be viewed by anyone other than me, so forgive the ugliness of everything under the hood.

• Setting it up is not for the faint of heart. You'll have to unset some of your controller buttons in XI Gamepad config, you'll have to be running an AutoHotKey script (as Administrator) in the background, and you may have to modify the AHK script to match your specific controller. I just finished helping my brother set it up, and it took like 2 hours over Discord--even with me knowing exactly how it works--because his controller was different.

• There are some FFXI-specific limitations that affect what I can do with the UI, so there are some odd quirks. For instance, I can't really pass the dpad through from AHK to the addon, so I have to use the native dpad, which means that you have to have one of your triggers held--to open the macro bar--in order for navigating the binding utility to not start selecting targets in-game. So basically I just have a completely empty macro book that I can navigate safely because it doesn't do anything.

Edit: with all that said, while the setup is onerous, and the binding dialog is odd, I find it an absolute joy to actually use in battle, and I'll never go back to vanilla macros.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2020-09-12 17:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been assigning complex keyboard combinations via gearswap / windower.

Then I use joytokey to press those actions similarly to ffxiv.
Lt + rb = cycle elements
Lt + rt = cor shot
Rt + x = double up

Perhaps there is a way to slim down some of the requirements?

I'd be happy to just mess around with your version of the hotbar.
Maybe I can make the key assignments part work for me with a different method.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kiriyak
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kiriyak
By Ragnarok.Kiriyak 2020-09-13 21:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

EnigmaFFXI said: »
My current UI :)

thats pretty sweet!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-13 21:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My current UI :)

Bruh... is this all custom on your end? Can you share if someone wants to do something similar?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Aliekber
user: Aliekber
By Carbuncle.Aliekber 2020-09-14 01:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the FFXI box art thing under where it says Valkurm Dunes an indicator of what expansion's zone you're in, or just for pretties?
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-14 05:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the compliment's!

All of the games menus, chat frames, player frame, pet frame, party frame and equipviewer frame: are all custom made by me.

Addons list:
Barfiller
Battlemod
Clock
Enemybar
Equipviewer
Gametime
Giltracker
Infobar
Partybars
XIVBar
XIVParty
XIVPetbar
Zonetimer
FFXIDB

All of these addons have been modified(some heavly) to get this current look. As for uploading it for others...I may but I do like that it's personal to me.

It's alright if you don't feel comfortable uploading it for others. Thanks for sharing your setup.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-14 17:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Been tinkering with xivhotbar for a couple of days now and now I have it setup to control all my subjob magic on summoner. Any time I swap subjobs it swaps the spells macroed to match. Enfeebles and nukes for /rdm, -na spells, replacing sleep with repose, and banish/ga for whm etc... I also added a load and unload macro to drop the minimap when needed. So much new fun stuff I can do with this now!
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-14 18:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Brixy said: »

What addons are you using? I can't recall the last time I've seen such a great UI. I'd love to steal it.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-14 18:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

xi view (window and icon dat mods), equipviewer, invtracker, xivparty, xivhotbar, ffxidb, distance, infobar, pettp, timers. I think that's all the visual plugins on screen.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4