Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 53 54 55
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 09:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not aware of any protests going on in Houston atm, but I don't live there. But yes, I can easily say that gathering in an indoor stadium is not ok, but gathering outside in the street is. We know what the cause of the current surge in Texas is, the governor has admitted it on several occasions.

Isn't that what Trump is doing in NH? Having an outdoor rally soon? Its still not smart, given how much he discourages mask use on a daily basis, but its considerably less dangerous than his Tulsa rally which is now seeing a surge.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 09:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

at this exact second? probably not. He let them protest for over three weeks. quit splitting hairs- outdoor or indoor, it doesnt matter. the fact is, hes denying his political opposition the opportunity to do the same thing that he allowed his political supporters to do.

You cannot do that in a free society. it would be like if a republican govenor came out and said 'only republicans can own guns in my state'.
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 09:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, yes outdoor vs indoor matters A LOT. It has always mattered. You really are desperate huh?

Your opinion is you believe the Houston mayor is denying his "political opposition" to do what you think he allowed his "supporters" to do, and you are wrong of course.

The Democrat convention has always intended on being an online event. Now the GOP convention will be online as well. The governor wanted nothing to do with this problem, he had repeatedly dodged questions about the indoor convention over the last few days, even though he had the ability to cancel it as well. The mayor just took that decision off his plate, and the fact that he remains quiet about it says a lot.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 09:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
lol, yes outdoor vs indoor matters A LOT. It has always mattered. You really are desperate huh?

Your opinion is you believe the Houston mayor is denying his "political opposition" to do what you think he allowed his "supporters" to do, and you are wrong of course.

The Democrat convention has always intended on being an online event. Now the GOP convention will be online as well. The governor wanted nothing to do with this problem, he had repeatedly dodged questions about the indoor convention over the last few days, even though he had the ability to cancel it as well. The mayor just took that decision off his plate, and the fact that he remains quiet about it says a lot.

and morons like you that try to shield this morality policing, are why they can get away from it. you have absolutely no ability to recognize this for what it is. you are delusional.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 10:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

"morality policing." Too funny.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 10:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the ultimate secret - the ultimate litmus test of correctness.

Place the shoe onto the other foot.

The mayor of houston is now a republican.
the mayor of houston sends out the police to prevent any and all black lives matter rioting and organizing
The mayor then says "no problem trump, hold your rally, you have my full support"

Would this be ok?
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 10:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No it wouldn't be ok, and it has nothing to do with any of your stupid political examples. It wouldn't be ok simply because holding an indoor gathering of thousands of people, a lot of which are older, regardless of political affiliation, in a county with over 20k covid cases and hospitals at max capacity, is the height of stupidity. Which is exactly why the Republican governor wanted nothing to do with the topic. He was going to have to cancel it and he knew it, but the mayor bailed him out.

Your efforts to insert politics into the argument have failed from your very first post. It was not a political decision. Your fearmongering and disinformation campaign has been amusing tho.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-09 10:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We know what the cause of the current surge in Texas is, the governor has admitted it on several occasions.
Among other things, the spat of protests over a murder that happened in a different state, and the subsequent faux-outrage for another death that was, in the eyes of the law, justified.

Stop pretending that the spread isn't attributable to the Floyd protests.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-09 10:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The Democrat convention has always intended on being an online event.
That is incorrect. It was originally setup as a normal convention until March, when they announced that they would go online due to COVID.

Unless you are talking about the Texas democrat convention, which, then, yes, you are correct, since they don't have enough people to fill in a Wendy's, much less a convention center.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 11:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No it wouldn't be ok

There you go. thats all you needed to say. you acknowledge that your stance is incorrect. thank you. you cannot have actions that are ok for one group, but not the other. PERIOD. to enforce rules on one side, but not the other is the height of morality policing. Rules for thee but not for me.

and it has nothing to do with any of your stupid political examples.

It has everything to do with it. you just refuse to see it or acknowledge it. you keep injecting covid as some magical cureall for your arguments, but fail to make the basest of realizations that if covid was a factor for the republican convention, then covid had to be a factor for the BLM protests. acknowledging that fact, and understanding that the mayor is inequally applying his actions, is literally the crux of the issue.

It wouldn't be ok simply because holding an indoor gathering of thousands of people, a lot of which are older, regardless of political affiliation, in a county with over 20k covid cases and hospitals at max capacity, is the height of stupidity.

Is it? you dont think having far more people shoulder to shoulder rioting through the streets screaming at the tops of their lungs isnt worse by every measure? people spitting on and throwing piss at cops isnt worse? you have surpassed peak mental gymnastics. youve gotten your head so far up your ***, youve actually managed to re-enter your own esophagus, creating some kind of twisted infinite stupidity generator.

Which is exactly why the Republican governor wanted nothing to do with the topic. He was going to have to cancel it and he knew it, but the mayor bailed him out.

Now your assuming the motives of the govenor? on what basis do you think he was going to cancel the republican conventions, and foisted that decision onto the mayor?

Your efforts to insert politics into the argument have failed from your very first post. It was not a political decision. Your fearmongering and disinformation campaign has been amusing tho.

I'm not inserting anything. their actions are clearly targeting one political party and not the other. if you want to argue "BLM ISNT THE DEMOCRATS", you would be wrong.

you are the most willfully blind person i have ever met in my life- i dont honestly know how you have managed to function in society up until this point.
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 11:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, you are just in a tailspin on this huh? Like I have said repeatedly, it has nothing to do with politics. Your attempts to inject them have failed at every juncture. The mayor did the right thing, its easy to see. But please keep up the conspiracies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-09 11:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed something about Vic's responses.

When he starts out with "lol" it generally means that he doesn't have an answer to what he is responding to.

But since he wasn't to "feel" right, he makes his commentary anyway...
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 12:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't change the fact everything Hideka has said has been a contrived, non-existent narrative. He is lying, plain and simple.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-09 12:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming from the guy who makes nothing but contrived, non-existent narrative posts....

The hypocrisy is amazing.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 12:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't be hypocritical if it's not true, Another easy one. You guys can keep making ***up tho, it never stops being funny.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-09 12:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't be hypocritical if it's not true, Another easy one. You guys can keep making ***up tho, it never stops being funny.

Hold up, give me a few days to catalogue all the Trump/Russia collusion posts.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 21:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oof another new record. By 10,000 over the last one. damn.

+71,787
By Draylo 2020-07-10 22:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I noticed something about Vic's responses.

When he starts out with "lol" it generally means that he doesn't have an answer to what he is responding to.

But since he wasn't to "feel" right, he makes his commentary anyway...

He seems to make those posts every page lol.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-10 22:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The thread title in case you have forgotten:

Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-11 14:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as that... only allowed to have one covid thread, so this one kinda became that.

Starting Monday MI mandatory masks with $500 fines for non-compliance.

Businesses open to the public are required to refuse entry or service to people who refuse to wear a face covering, with limited exceptions.
By Prong 2020-07-11 14:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not aware of any protests going on in Houston atm, but I don't live there. But yes, I can easily say that gathering in an indoor stadium is not ok, but gathering outside in the street is.

So if people are involved in "reopen" protests staged outside, then that's perfectly fine? Yes or no.
By Prong 2020-07-11 14:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
As far as that... only allowed to have one covid thread, so this one kinda became that.

Starting Monday MI mandatory masks with $500 fines for non-compliance.

Businesses open to the public are required to refuse entry or service to people who refuse to wear a face covering, with limited exceptions.

I don't mind them making businesses require masks, or even masks in public. They suck, they aren't as effective as they claim IMO but, they aren't actually harming you to wear. However, if they ever do what North Korestralia did and charge people $26,000 for ordering KFC to a birthday party....that's insane level.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-11 15:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
I'm not aware of any protests going on in Houston atm, but I don't live there. But yes, I can easily say that gathering in an indoor stadium is not ok, but gathering outside in the street is.
So if people are involved in "reopen" protests staged outside, then that's perfectly fine? Yes or no.
Neither the reopen protests, where hardly anyone wore a mask, nor the BLM protests, where most wore masks, resulted in infection spikes. I don't think hardly any protests socially distanced.

There is currently a lot of talk about airborne dispersal. I think what we are seeing here is indoors, with neither sun nor breezes, favor airborne dispersal, while outdoor gatherings do not.

Sorry about the lack of a clear yes or no. (Actually not sorry.)
By Prong 2020-07-11 15:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Neither the reopen protests, where hardly anyone wore a mask, nor the BLM protests, where most wore masks, resulted in infection spikes. I don't think hardly any protests socially distanced.

There is currently a lot of talk about airborne dispersal. I think what we are seeing here is indoors, with neither sun nor breezes, favor airborne dispersal, while outdoor gatherings do not.

Yeah, hate to be clear on things, that might lead to people not arguing. Which is the point of these threads, right?
By Prong 2020-07-11 15:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, being there are a ton more BLM protesters, even if only 20% don't wear masks, which is clear that it's probably higher from videos/images, it's still technically more of a risk of spreading the airborne pathogen than reopen protests ever were, being the much lower turnouts.

I just wanted someone on here, one time, who tends to agree with the CNN's of the world admit that condemning one and not the other is rather silly, using the kindest word possible.
By volkom 2020-07-11 19:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-11 19:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But the biggest reason not to wear a mask is to say "*** you world."

No wonder its a republican thing.

P. S. The virus has no politics. Dying of COVID is not going to own the libs, sorry.
By Prong 2020-07-11 21:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

But the biggest reason not to wear a mask is to say "*** you world."

No wonder its a republican thing.

P. S. The virus has no politics. Dying of COVID is not going to own the libs, sorry.

Yeah, totally. Because conservatives have historically been anti-authority and liberals never questioned it and screamed, "*** you, I won't do what you tell me!' I wonder how many times Zach de la Rocha voted Republican.

I'm not certain if you make these absolutist statements because you truly believe them or are just trying to be an antagonist because it seems your daily routine is just, trolling/creating political arguments online.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-12 00:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong, the republican party and its media wing have been pushing necroeconomics from the start.

People must die to save Trump's economy!

Masks are an infringement on my FREEDOM!!!

It isn't going to get saved and haven't enough people died already?

Do you want to die of covid? Do you think it will own the libs if you do?

I would like it if fewer people voted republican but I DO NOT WANT THEM TO DIE TO DO IT.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 53 54 55