Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 53 54 55
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-08 12:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

(SFW)

about as effective as most peoples masks at preventing the spread of covid.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-08 13:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Six months ago, no one thought Covid-19 existed in the US.

The first reported case came on January 21. Within 99 days, 1 million Americans became infected.

It took just 43 days after that to reach 2 million cases.

And 28 days later, the US reached 3 million cases of the novel coronavirus Wednesday.
CNN
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-08 13:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

(SFW)

about as effective as most peoples masks at preventing the spread of covid.
I'll be honest, if she walked up to me like that, I'll do anything she wants too...
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-08 13:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Six months ago, no one thought Covid-19 existed in the US.

The first reported case came on January 21. Within 99 days, 1 million Americans became infected.

It took just 43 days after that to reach 2 million cases.

And 28 days later, the US reached 3 million cases of the novel coronavirus Wednesday.
CNN

yep.

lets also go down the list

1. we need more N95 Masks, were all going to die without M95 masks.

Whoops only the government needs these. dont buy these people. seriously, we need them

2. We need more ventilators, were all going to die without ventilators.

Whoops never mind, turns out ventilators are actually killing people, and we need to avoid putting people on ventilators unless absolutely necessary.

3. We need social distancing!

Whoops, turns out 6 feet wont keep you safe from a sneeze or cough thats shown to spread the virus up to fifty to sixty feet in an enclosed space.

4. We need people to wear face masks!!

uh oh, turns out face masks arent stopping those pesky sneezes or coughs either, and probably arent even stopping casual breathing according to some studies, and are about as effective as a babies saftey blanket at preventing the spread of covid. turns out those N95 masks are the only truly effective method of stopping the spread.

nothing the CDC or any entity has advised us to do, has worked, or succeed at all.

literally the vast majority of deaths came from IDIOTIC state governors who mandated that Nursing homes couldn't offboard covid patients to hospitals, and had to keep them in nursing homes. every single state who made this order other than california, has MASSIVELY higher death tolls, AND death rates, all most all of which were elderly people living in nursing homes for the first part, or elderly that were hospitalized from nursing homes once those absolutely moronic orders were rescinded and these elderly were allowed back into the hospitals.

yet you still have people acting like social distancing or cloth masks were actually going to stop this. The only effective means of stopping this are Therapeutics, Vaccination, or Herd immunity. We have none of these.
By Viciouss 2020-07-08 13:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure the real number is so much higher given how slow out of the gate the testing program was, and people that were asymptomatic didn't or couldn't get tested.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-08 13:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I'm sure the real number is so much higher given how slow out of the gate the testing program was, and people that were asymptomatic didn't or couldn't get tested.

honestly, its likely five to six times higher if our studies arent too far off the mark. several studies found that the saturation in cities was several times higher than testing was showing.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-08 15:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would expect another round of stimulus checks, and I would expect them to go out to even more people than last time. The threshold for cutoff might come down slightly, but not all the way to 40k. Filing taxes isn't required to receive a check, you should have been mailed one Prong?

Nope, I didn't receive the first one. I clearly recall seeing several news stories that stated, "You have to have filed a tax return in 2018, 2019 to receive a check" while watching our local news stories about it, so I just did not expect one and did not get one.

Long story short, I came back to my parents home in 2015 when my father was diagnosed with MDS (basically terminal Leukemia) to watch my parent's animals/take care of their property being my mother was basically in my dad's hospital room for 16 months til he was brought home 4 days before he passed Sept. 2016. The Christmas right after that, I slipped walked to the mailbox while it was snowing, tore up my right knee, don't have insurance so was just bed ridden for about 5 months, screwed up my back, got fat, etc, etc. So I've been all this time no income, no public assistance, no insurance. I make pipe & wood industrial/farmhouse shelves and tables from time to time for people, get cash that way. (Example pic below, but not my pic).

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 20:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

+61,848 New Cases Today

By Prong 2020-07-08 21:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
+61,848 New Cases Today

All came from that Trump rally in Tulsa that nobody attended according to the media.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-tulsa-rally-covid-19-surge_n_5f063886c5b67a80bc024826
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-08 21:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yep. has nothing to do with the prolonged BLM pro-communisim riots happening all over the country.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 21:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean obviously not. But a non-zero amount of people absolutely got it from the rally.

What I would love to see is them to just go ahead and dox the people, everyone who tested positive, confirm if they went to the rally or not. That's the point of the contact tracing.

Publicly shame these people.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-08 22:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Why stop there?

Why not dox and publicly shame anyone who has ever donated to a democrat?

Except Republicans don't do that. Democrats, however, do like to dox people they disagree with.
By Viciouss 2020-07-08 22:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In real news, the Houston mayor took matters into his own hands today and canceled the Texas GOP convention when they refused to. The Republicans also tried to cry "but the protests!!!!!" and the mayor was absolutely not interested in their ***.
By Prong 2020-07-08 22:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In real news, the Houston mayor took matters into his own hands today and canceled the Texas GOP convention when they refused to. The Republicans also tried to cry "but the protests!!!!!" and the mayor was absolutely not interested in their ***.

At least you can admit Huff Post isn't real news.

But your continued defense of the BLM protests and implications that somehow they are a hundred-fold multiplicative of a danger to spread an airborne pathogen than a tiny rally of conservatives is puzzling. You don't REALLY think that, do you? Just show me a thread of understanding and we can agree to stop mentioning it.
By Prong 2020-07-08 22:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

they are not* REALLY need an edit button.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-08 22:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently this thread needs this link now:

https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-and-committees/keeping-records/recording-receipts/
By Prong 2020-07-08 22:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Why stop there?

Why not dox and publicly shame anyone who has ever donated to a democrat?

Except Republicans don't do that. Democrats, however, do like to dox people they disagree with.

One thing I don't understand about this "doxxing" thing is, just like when the mayor in Minn released who wrote in to support defunding/dissolving the police dept....this is all public record. Why do people get in a twist if someone chooses to gather this information and publish it?

If I was dumb enough to think de-funding or dissolving police was going to help anything (especially in poor/violent minority neighborhoods)....if I felt strongly enough to write my mayor/city council about it, I'd have zero issues with my name being all over that letter for the world to see, as would I if I felt strongly enough to donate to the Trump campaign.

Unless I am missing something other than liberals once again setting certain social and behavioral expectations of others, then themselves completely ignoring them.
By Prong 2020-07-08 22:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

St. Louis mayor, not Minn. EDIT!!!!!!
By volkom 2020-07-08 22:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There's this counterstrike youtuber that has a secondary channel that he uses for personal videos and what not. He's been releasing a video about the virus every month. Its nice perspective of the outside in on his thoughts on American (he keeps its pretty neutral) and the coronavirus as well as what's happening in his part of the UK

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Prong 2020-07-08 22:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
There's this counterstrike youtuber that has a secondary channel that he uses for personal videos and what not. He's been releasing a video about the virus every month. Its nice perspective of the outside in on his thoughts on American (he keeps its pretty neutral) and the coronavirus as well as what's happening in his part of the UK

YouTube Video Placeholder

Geez don't try and toss some semi-neutral video in at this time of night. This is when the Wonder Twins log in to pat one another on the back.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-08 23:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

no this is horrible, and your an idiot for thinking it is good.
Morality policing is the step before full on totalitarianism. This should literally horrify any sane american.
By Prong 2020-07-08 23:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

no this is horrible, and your an idiot for thinking it is good.
Morality policing is the step before full on totalitarianism. This should literally horrify any sane american.

I still can't understand how people who even fake trying to be reasonable just refuse to admit how tens of thousands of protesters doing ten times worse things that could spread a virus deny it that bad, then get giddy when the liberal media again tries to blame a rise in Covid cases on a rally they themselves laughed about it's low turnout.

I mean I get partisan politics but damn, we're just talking common sense, and these guy act like if they crossed that line and admitted probably BOTH are bad ideas right now, that they lose their voting rights or something. Maybe I just don't really understand the toxic online troll culture and am expecting too much.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 00:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

what idiots like that dont get, is that when you allow for morality policing, when you allow for one ideology to have the support of the governing force, we hit the point of no return. you cannot have rules that apply based on ideology like this. Morality policing is the very core precept of totalitarianism.

*** anyone who calls me crazy over this next statement, because you dont know the *** chaos and ruin that you are playing with.

Mark my words - this is a warning to anyone willing to listen: If you keep going down this road, the road where the government starts picking sides in an ideological conflict like this; if by some miracle you manage to survive that trip the only thing left will be the blood stained dust of everyone you know and love. PERIOD.

This isnt me doomsaying - this is me saying that some doors cant be opened, because you cannot undo some mistakes. it will lead to full on conflict. It is LITERALLY what happened to spark our first civil war - the presiding government picked a side in an ideological conflict.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-09 00:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Orange boy already picked a side, and goads the fight, daily.

It IS only a matter of time, but you act like the pig hasn't been *** yet, but it's already a wrap.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-09 00:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you didn’t want the pig to get ***, why are you still *** it? To use your analogy.

It is the left who is going down this ideological road of no return, not the right. Don’t play dumb and say that it’s all Trump’s fault. This has been going on for decades now, well before Trump got into politics.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 08:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Orange boy already picked a side, and goads the fight, daily.

It IS only a matter of time, but you act like the pig hasn't been *** yet, but it's already a wrap.

no, trump has not picked a side. trump is irrefutably the public's response to the government picking a side.

for all intents and purposes trump is a centrist. he literally is running on many the same platforms clinton and obama ran on. it is irrefutably the left that is dragging us to this point with things like word policing and morality policing.

Word policing, like saying 'you cant say retard', is the very beginning of the insanity. they try to exert an unreasonable degree of control over the common person. they try to morph the definition of words, to skew reality, and then codifiy that warped reality into law (Bake the cake you bigot).

Morality policing, "you cant think this way", is the next step. its the step that literal dictators have. its the next step before 'voting for donald trump is illegal', which laughably so many states quite literally tried to do by trying to block him from being on the 2020 ballot this year.

the heads of state are absolutely picking a side.
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 08:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow your fearmongering is hilarious man. Cancelling an indoor gathering of 6,000+ people that was going to take place in a county with the highest amount of covid infections in the state is not "morality policing." That is some funny spin tho.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 08:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow your fearmongering is hilarious man. Cancelling an indoor gathering of 6,000+ people that was going to take place in a county with the highest amount of covid infections in the state is not "morality policing." That is some funny spin tho.

but yet its ok for people to go protesting by the hundreds of thousands in that same city for nearly a *** month?
its ok for those same people to keep protesting, but its not ok for people who would be ideologically opposed to them to hold a political rally?

are you being serious? can you legitimately say that they are not literally saying "I agree with your side, therefore you can continue, but i disagree with their side, so they have to stay home"?

if you cant admit that's what this is, you have no grasp whatsoever on reality.
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 08:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, the Houston mayor completely shut down that bogus argument. It has nothing to do with politics no matter how much you wish it. The Dems aren't having an in person convention, therefore theirs wasn't canceled.

Its been funny to watch you guys ignore the evidence of how much more dangerous the virus is indoors compared to outdoors, and now its also funny to see the number of protestors inflated from a few thousand to tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 08:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, the Houston mayor completely shut down that bogus argument. It has nothing to do with politics no matter how much you wish it. The Dems aren't having an in person convention, therefore theirs wasn't canceled.

Its been funny to watch you guys ignore the evidence of how much more dangerous the virus is indoors compared to outdoors, and now its also funny to see the number of protestors inflated from a few thousand to tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands.

then why hasnt the democratic mayor forced the protestors to stop? no answer? you cannot say one is ok, but not the other. Period.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 53 54 55