Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 129 130 131
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-02 19:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Punchus said: »
People acting like they are immune after pulling through are stupid. This virus isn't acting like chicken pox or any other one and done virus. Your body will have built up anti-bodies against covid-19 but that doesn't mean you are immune forever. Still need to take the proper precautions that everyone else is or isn't taking.

There are also worries that getting it a second time might be even more deadly. Testing still needs to be done, but this is why we still don't have a vaccine for SARS. When they exposed mice to SARS after a vaccination, the antibodies caused the SARS to be even more aggessive.
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-04-02 19:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ugh. Look at this mother *** "the president" getting a second Covid test when we can't even get a first test.

In his case, his life just happens to be worth more than yours. Not saying that in general; I'm saying that to Eiryl.

I feel like it's pretty clear. If you didn't file 2018 taxes or file 2019 taxes - You don't get a dime. If you did, you do. (under 75k etc)

The problem with that system, is that anyone making minimum wage/part time/10-99/under the table/tip workers don't file and/or don't make enough to be required to file. THOSE people need the money, and won't get it.

Quote:
The minimum income amount depends on your filing status and age. In 2019, for example, the minimum for single filing status if under age 65 is $12,200. If your income is below that threshold, you generally do not need to file a federal tax return. Review the full list below for other filing statuses and ages.

You can get a letter from the social security office if you haven't filed your taxes in the last two years and still qualify.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 20:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
I feel like it's pretty clear. If you didn't file 2018 taxes or file 2019 taxes - You don't get a dime. If you did, you do. (under 75k etc)

The problem with that system, is that anyone making minimum wage/part time/10-99/under the table/tip workers don't file and/or don't make enough to be required to file. THOSE people need the money, and won't get it.

Quote:
The minimum income amount depends on your filing status and age. In 2019, for example, the minimum for single filing status if under age 65 is $12,200. If your income is below that threshold, you generally do not need to file a federal tax return. Review the full list below for other filing statuses and ages.

You can get a letter from the social security office if you haven't filed your taxes in the last two years and still qualify.
Who/Where did you hear that

Quote:
The Internal Revenue Service posted a notice on its website this week that people who typically don’t file taxes would need to file a simple tax return to receive one of the payments. That would have included low-income taxpayers, senior citizens, Social Security recipients, some veterans and individuals with disabilities who are otherwise not required to file a tax return.

And if you have to do it that way, it may take up to six months. September.
 Asura.Biglovin
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-04-02 20:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like it's pretty clear. If you didn't file 2018 taxes or file 2019 taxes - You don't get a dime.

And if you have to do it that way, it may take up to six months.

So a 6 month wait would equal not getting a dime?
 Asura.Biglovin
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-04-02 20:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're living off your social security benefits up to this point, how is waiting 6 months for a check for more money bad?
By Viciouss 2020-04-02 20:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

It isn't clear for students with no income. My sister filed taxes for her mutual fund, thats all.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 20:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
It isn't clear for students with no income. My sister filed taxes for her mutual fund, thats all.
Filed is filed, doesn't get clearer. It's a yes or no.

Quote:
If you're living off your social security benefits up to this point, how is waiting 6 months for a check for more money bad?

nothing to do with SSI. Completely irrelevant. people who were already job seeking and/or don't typically file, completely different from SSI, got ***. As of yesterday, less ***. Six months is a long time with zero income. Considering they wont qualify for unemployment and literally can't work.

Quote:
I feel like it's pretty clear. If you didn't file 2018 taxes or file 2019 taxes - You don't get a dime.

So a 6 month wait would equal not getting a dime?
Quote:
The Internal Revenue Service posted a notice on its website this week that people who typically don’t file taxes would need to file a simple tax return to receive one of the payments. That would have included low-income taxpayers, senior citizens, Social Security recipients, some veterans and individuals with disabilities who are otherwise not required to file a tax return.

You have to file or you don't get a dime. Per the IRS website.
By Draylo 2020-04-02 20:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people getting money off the books, illegals or etc are not getting that check. Those are gonna be the people who need it the most too, shame on that stipulation. They need money too!
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-04-02 20:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Six months IS a long time without income. Why again are they going to go six months at this point with no income?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 20:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
A lot of people getting money off the books, illegals or etc are not getting that check. Those are gonna be the people who need it the most too, shame on that stipulation. They need money too!

That's what I was saying.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-02 20:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Six months is a long time with zero income
It isn't without income, if you were on SS or similar you're still getting that. Your situation is literally unaffected.

The people who are screwed are the ones who were making money entirely off the books and not filing. Though, given they're including 2019 returns, is it possible they could file now and still be eligible?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 20:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Six months IS a long time without income. Why again are they going to go six months at this point with no income?

Because it's a possibility that no one will be doing interviews and hiring for the foreseeable future.

All the guys employed for seasonal events are getting absolutely zero pay for the rest of the year as of right now. No concerts. No city events. No sporting events. No fashion shows. No firework tents. Now that could all change, but when they changed from 15 days to 30 days to talking months, it ain't lookin to great.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 20:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Six months is a long time with zero income
It isn't without income, if you were on SS or similar you're still getting that. Your situation is literally unaffected.

At no point did I say or mention SSI

Quote:
The people who are screwed are the ones who were making money entirely off the books and not filing. Though, given they're including 2019 returns, is it possible they could file now and still be eligible?
Yes, and get the money in september. But you do have to file.
By Draylo 2020-04-02 20:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you do one for 2019 and get it? I'd be interesting in knowing for someone I know in that situation.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-02 20:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The part you quoted was about SS though, and those people have their income regardless of what gets cancelled.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 20:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The part you quoted was about SS though, and those people have their income regardless of what gets cancelled.

Yeah I had to quote it, because he said it when I didn't. SSI people are fine(ish)

Could you do one for 2019 and get it? I'd be interesting in knowing for someone I know in that situation.

If you backfile right now (2018 return), you'll get it. If you file 2019 (even though the deadline is pushed back) you'll get it.

Two caveats; you can't e-file, you won't qualify ($0 legal income etc), it has to be snailmailed. Then, the check will get mailed in september.

(that could change, or if you know a way to override the e-file that would be good information)
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-02 21:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We just called our credit cards, they gave us like two months till June without the interest. Worth trying for anyone going thru any issues due to lack of work. Most require you call them for any kind of help, they won't automatically.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 22:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, they are going full on bananas on BG on corona. I checked over there once like a week ago and kept forgetting about it lol...

They had to start a new thread. 19 pages in two days. The old thread is 151.
By orangemanbad 2020-04-02 23:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish it would kill all of you so it would make FFXIAH slightly better.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2020-04-03 02:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We just called our credit cards, they gave us like two months till June without the interest. Worth trying for anyone going thru any issues due to lack of work. Most require you call them for any kind of help, they won't automatically[\b].

This little portion eludes a lot of people. The worst anyone can do right now, in most places, is say "no".

Our district courts are closed except for emergency protection orders. This means no new lawsuits or evictions. That last part is important. I don't pretend to speak for every state, but if you're in one where an eviction has to be filed with the courts, served, and a court date to appear before it's valid, I'd be hard pressed to find any landlord not willing to at least deal with renters if contacted right now. Some money is better than no money as well as the stigma of being branded Douchebag Extraordinaire during a pandemic.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 05:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Philippines is openly shooting on site, we're all not far behind

Hope you got it and get some (partial?) immunity to it before we get there. Start throwing plague parties.

It's already a terrorist threat to have it, it's not leaps and bounds to shoot on site... it's baby steps.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 05:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
In the UK in my town now people are starting to ignore the lockdown, far more people are out than previously since the lockdown started.

This now has enabled new government laws to be put into place, almost all shops are closed anyway but the few that are open have strict rules as to how many people can be in them at once. In smaller shops this is 2 people, in supermarkets this is 30 people. This means there are long queues outside of them, with 2 meter spacing between them (with staff enforcing this) that go on for huge distances (talking 30-40 minute wait to get into a shop).

When you get in, someone uses a infrared gun to check your temperature and if you have a high temperature for any reason..keeping in mind it's warm today too (fat people btfo?) you will be denied entry. No word on how you are supposed to get food if this is the case of course, since online shopping is also impossible now due to all delivery being booked to capacity.

Oh and when you do get in, there are limits being put on how much you can buy of specific items (cause stupid people could not control themselves) and also stock is rather limited of "non essential items". So you are being forced to make more trips to the supermarket over the week also.

This is tranforming from a biological danger to a social danger.

And with higher risks than the virus because you just can contain social problems by the use of force. And once we go that route, there is no turning back.

Deaths keep happening, im not sure if lockdown is actually proving any major benefit because many country death curves are in steady exponential pace, not a single inflection, what would be expected if a measure was effective.

All arguments the pro-lockdown peeps can use is “it could be worse if we hadnt did this, look italy”. Italy and Spain are outside curve already, not because contagious but because their death rate is twice the other big countries. And lockdown dont affect letality, just contagious. If people are dying more there than other country, just mean either they have twice infected people than reported or their population is more susceptible to the virus. other than that, there is no much difference between their curve and other countries
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 05:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, deaths rising exponentially.

Any and every system behaving exponentially means something totally out of control.

Why do people still pretend we have any control of this? What about giving proper and true asnwers instead of fear?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 06:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, if it were easy they would do it. When you lie half the people believe you. When you tell the truth only half the people believe you. Someone with a bigger mouth than you will always overtalk you. For money. For power. For greed. For hubris.

It needs to be a crime to lie, there needs to be actual repercussions for spreading lies.

How do you know whats actually true when 50 people will sell you *** another 50 will give you an opinion and one guy is begging you to listen to facts, but the 100 have megaphones.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 06:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The big thing is that this lie cant be sustained for too long.

Once we get what, 100k deaths per day, 500k, 1M, either to covid either for poor medical treatment, common people will be questioning, why im sitting here waiting my death?
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 06:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people even think that houses are a safe place for biological hazard?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 06:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There are people that still think it's a hoax. Still think china cured it and stopped all deaths. Still think it's just a cough. And now they're emboldened even more because a large number of people have no symptoms at all.

Pantafernando said: »
Why do people even think that houses are a safe place for biological hazard?

This is a false whatever the word is. it's not the structure keeping you safe. "shelter" is a misnomer. You're merely imprisoning yourself to avoid human contact for fear of death... but that sounds scary.

There is no place safer for me that just cruising around in my car. I can't get more socially distant. But you don't want everyone driving around aimlessly.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 06:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they believe they are safe because every question is readily combated turning any discussion in a political one.

So questioning people just remain silent.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 129 130 131