Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-10-11 18:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
endxen said: »
All 3 chests in the same spot within a few yalms of each other. First one was a mimic, put trusts on it to move to second chest, popped a mimic. Put trusts on it also and moved on to third chest. Popped it and was a mimic. How hard is it to understand 3 mimics at once? Hopefully that dumbed it down enough for you to understand.
the odds of that to happen seem pretty low and could indicate that every chest within maybe 20 yalms of a active mimic or if mimic aggro is still active also become mimics?
i know i've also opened chests outside of the 20 yalm radius but didn't clear hate yet by dieing and that chest also turned out to be a mimic, could just be a coincidence tho.

did anyone have a similar scenario as endxen or me described with one or multiple active mimics on you/your trusts, you didn't die yet to clear mimic aggro, but managed to succesfully open a chest that did NOT turn out to be a mimic?

Did a run the other day where I attempted to key a chest on the floor and popped a mimic. Second chest was less 5 yalms away and I attempted to key second only to get ANOTHER mimic.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-10-11 18:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a few cases where I've popped a Mimic and keyed another nearby chest with trusts holding the first since Plan B is to die anyway, and it turned out to be a normal chest, but I can't vouch for how close the second chest was to the original in these rare instances.

I've always kind of secretly hoped for a second Mimic to spawn so they can play draw-in tennis like I've seen a couple times in abyssea...
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-11 18:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's certainly a coincidence, I have opened chests directly next to Mimics and had them be both regular chests and mimics before.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-10-11 18:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dridian42 said: »
Siren.Codegen said:

You just had bad luck (and possibly were also using thief's tools instead of skeleton keys), I had 2 chests near each other and was almost out of time, had a mimic pop but while engaging to get AAEV on mimic I used trade and tab to open the other while fighting, and just got normal content from it as expected.

So far I have MM 29
(14/15 levels from A, missing last strongbox,
12/15 from B from all NMs killed at least 3 times,
3/? from C, 6 unique NMs so far, some killed twice, wyrm is the worst on monk solo s people mentioned it has a strong blunt resist)

Nostos Killed 1022 |Mastery level Increase: 50, 100, 200, 800, 950
Chests Max 250 Opened: 174 |Mastery Level Increase 10,
Number of NMs killed |Mastery level Increase: 23
Coffers Opened 56 |Mastery level Increase: ??
Aurum Strongbox Opened 6 |Mastery level Increase: 1
Killed 57 NMs and 8 of them were killed 3 times over. Just missing Kuk for all NMs killed.

Sheol(A): MM15
Sheol(B): MM8
Sheol C): Nil

I'm guessing there's a point system here since I'm killing more Nostos then NMs and getting credit for it. However, as the point is transferred from NMs to Nostos I loose the chance of getting the Mog Mastery Level from a determined number of kills form NMs. I know someone posted a Nostos kill are 600 one of which I didn't get and thought that they're wrong about it but did that number from Nostos 600 transfer to the 23rd NM kill because of points accumulated? Where as the person didn't do 23 NM kills and got the number of Nostos kills to 600. Just speculating but right now that's what I've got. As Sheol(A) is a determined path and Sheol(B) is dependent on the persons path in which case I wonder about Sheol(C).
It's not a point system.
Just think of them as 15 unique checkmarks or trophies. If you never open gold chests, no amount of NMs or nostos or chests will compensate for that, you will always miss that level up condition and will be stuck a MM13 or 14 even while you get the other level ups from nostos etc. For example killing 27 of the same NM in B won't trigger all the level ups you would get if you killed 27 NMs but as 9 unique NMs each killed 3 times.

Some of those checks might have multiple requirement thresholds like "6 unique NMs at 3 kills or more AND at least 200 nostos killed", so that one player might see the level up at nostos or at NMs, whichever comes second for them, but they are very specific threshold and they do not change.

At the end it gives you a sum up to 15 but in reality two players with the same sum can have very different ones completed and leftover, so they will need to do very different things to advance.
By SimonSes 2020-10-12 03:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
All 3 chests in the same spot within a few yalms of each other. First one was a mimic, put trusts on it to move to second chest, popped a mimic. Put trusts on it also and moved on to third chest. Popped it and was a mimic. How hard is it to understand 3 mimics at once? Hopefully that dumbed it down enough for you to understand.

Its not about me being dumb, but you not giving enough details before this post. Like I said "at once" can also mean spawning them without having aggro on previous ones. Stop being rude for no reason.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-10-15 10:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mimic spawn rate seems to be increased alot.
I just had 2 mimics on same area also.
but for last several weeks I cannot get thru 2 floors without a mimic.

its really bad enough to not be worth it for me anymore.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-15 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

While we are in mimic topic, can anyone share the fastest strat to beating them, suposing an entire party of 6 foccused just for that?
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-16 11:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

With 32ish chests, 0 coffers, 1200 nostos, and 3 kills of each NM, I have MM9 in Sheol C, so my guess is that it's going to follow B's pattern and require 6 kills of each NM to max out the NM portion of MM.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-16 11:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

remind me to never do Odyssey in the morning again. Completely wrecks my day to start out with that ***.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-16 11:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
remind me to never do Odyssey in the morning again. Completely wrecks my day to start out with that ***.

Had 2 days break. Went back and started with Odyssey. 6 mimics in one path B run... Couldn't even open all chests in time. Ended up opening only 16/18. Almost 50% mimic rate XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-16 12:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how bygul is like 30-70% chance not in favor of me soloing it, or levels up 3 times for no reason and one tourbillion just ends the run. I love how AAEV positions horribly and gets us all wiped to spike flail on wyrm. I love how dragon breath can occasionally do 4000 damage to me when I'm on his feet (??). Hydra is really fun when he takes a full 16 minutes because he simply will not stop using physical shield.

If you are getting frustrated doing key farming, I suggest moving into NMs to be equally as annoyed. Just an entire zone of suck if you are solo character.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-10-16 14:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

encountered 3 chests right next to each other, the first one was a mimic, he other two were regular chests. so i can confirm that opening chests while having direct mimic aggro does not turn other chests automatically also into mimics.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-19 07:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
With 32ish chests, 0 coffers, 1200 nostos, and 3 kills of each NM, I have MM9 in Sheol C, so my guess is that it's going to follow B's pattern and require 6 kills of each NM to max out the NM portion of MM.

ymm no.

First of all, B requires only 3 kills of each NM.
Second of all, Papesse already confirmed MM up at 9 kills of each NM and confirmed no MM up at 12 kills, so no need to speculate, just read this thread more carefully :P

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-19 11:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

ymm no.

Second of all, Papesse already confirmed MM up at 9 kills of each NM and confirmed no MM up at 12 kills, so no need to speculate, just read this thread more carefully :P
Meant to say A, was just a brain fart.

This topic has beem going for months, so while I've read every post, you'll have to forgive me for not remembering every point that has been gone over since C has come out. It would have been more useful to simply point out the post rather than implying that missing or forgetting one post out of hundreds means I haven't been reading.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-19 13:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dridian42 said: »
MM effects trusts but seams to also affect pop items needed per floor to spawn NMs

I don't think this is the case. You simply get the discount from continuing to pop NMs, the same way you do chests. It doesn't have anything to do with MM, though you would think it does since you can gain MM increases from popping NMs and opening chests. They can happen together but they aren't necessarily linked. For instance, you could gain multiple MM levels by doing chests, coffers, aurums, and Nostos and completely skip NMs, but your MM level won't grant you the discount to pop NM materials unless you actually start killing NMs.
By SimonSes 2020-10-19 17:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

ymm no.

Meant to say A, was just a brain fart.

This topic has beem going for months, so while I've read every post, you'll have to forgive me for not remembering every point that has been gone over since C has come out. It would have been more useful to simply point out the post rather than implying that missing or forgetting one post out of hundreds means I haven't been reading.

":P" at the end was suppose to mean Im being half serious with that last statement. Its obviously easy to forget or to miss some info, but Papesse's post was almost at the end of last page. There was only like 10 posts between his and yours.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-10-23 21:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

anybody knows the correct mapping of the NMs in Sheol C from that buggy report that lists them as NM1, NM2 etc instead of b names?
I am close to having all NMs with 6 repeat kills each but it's been made harder by the cryptic untranslated report...
My best guess so far is
1 Lotanu Wyrm Hidhaegg's Scale
2 Kurmajara Adamantoise Tolba's Shell
3 Dabbat al-Ard Behemoth Sovereign's Hide
4 Chaos Steward Dvergr Tunult's blood
5 Wayra Tata Hydra Thu'ban's Scale
6 Arsena Cerberus Sarama's Hide
7 Bygul Khimaira Shedu's Mane

1 and 5 might be flipped (they are both blunt resistant so I have been skipping them more since I solo on monk, sine I try to get 2-3 NM kills per solo run)
Anybody has any better info on that?
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-10-23 21:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I love how bygul is like 30-70% chance not in favor of me soloing it, or levels up 3 times for no reason and one tourbillion just ends the run. I love how AAEV positions horribly and gets us all wiped to spike flail on wyrm. I love how dragon breath can occasionally do 4000 damage to me when I'm on his feet (??). Hydra is really fun when he takes a full 16 minutes because he simply will not stop using physical shield.

If you are getting frustrated doing key farming, I suggest moving into NMs to be equally as annoyed. Just an entire zone of suck if you are solo character.
Bygul is not too bad to solo on monk, I won 7 times against him (lost just once before I got everything down), mantra helps keep your trusts alive, h2h ws usually do ~20k on it so he dies quickly, and if you have trouble you can fight him on the 1st floor instead of the 2nd or 3rd. I often use a trust tank just because when he perfect dodge and hate resets he can start attacking other trusts, but with a tank even that can be avoided.

But I am with you about the wyrm and hydra, I am almost considering using a different job to solo them because of their blunt resistance...
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-10-24 22:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

btw I think for C one of the mastery points has 2 triggers, in one run I reached killing 5 unique NMs 6 times each, but didn't get a point on that NM kill, but I got it shortly after when killing nostos number 250.
Right now I am on mastery 33, missing several ones from chests since I focused on soloing NMs on monk for a while.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-26 00:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Think Puks either have a native PDT or have a high blunt resistance, not sure which. Was hitting for 1200 dmg triple attack crits vs other monsters for 5k+
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-10-28 05:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Think Puks either have a native PDT or have a high blunt resistance, not sure which. Was hitting for 1200 dmg triple attack crits vs other monsters for 5k+
I think it might be blunt resistance, SE might have made not just the wyrm NM but all dragons in the area.
By SimonSes 2020-10-28 07:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
I think it might be blunt resistance, SE might have made not just the wyrm NM but all dragons in the area.

Im almost sure that every mob in C hes weapon type resistance for something.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-29 18:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

High MM levels make tank trusts actually feel like proper tanks (at least, mitigation-wise). At MM40, Asena (Sheol C Cerberus) was doing about 110-160 per hit (compared to 300-400 with 45% PDT on DRK), and was blocking about 80% of the hits for 10-30 damage.

I'm sure a lot of people would have engaged with Odyssey if they made MM apply to trust strength outside of the event.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-29 18:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey would've been a "major success" moreso than a simple daily/gil-grab had they given MM at all times.

Like, best content ever. (engagement/participation wise and completion rate)

Broken! You say? Hardly. It would make them just good enough to want to improve them, instead of soloing boxes for gil every day.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-10-29 23:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

unless you have a army of mules you'll be busy farming forever to finish your own upgrades and befor those are done you don't make any gil. of course you could put your own progress on hold and sell at start to rebuy when prices dropped but content updates are so scarce chances are R15ing unity items is the only thing left to improve on your own, outside of picking up a new job from scratch.

also runs on mules tend to end way earlier than on your main cause your first mimic on a mule is very likely to kill you befor stun wore. on main with proper -dt/malignance you still have a chance to engage without 1hour so trusts can take over befor die. can recover from multiple mimics that way.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-29 23:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Always sell it first.

(*)Unless "it" helps you earn more, faster, than you gain by waiting. Nearly impossible.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-29 23:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
of course you could put your own progress on hold

I always look at it from the perspective that there is no new content with a high enough CL that warrants a rush to finish R15 upgrades so early. The opportunity to upgrade the gear is always there, but the chance to make money is always at it's highest the moment a new sellable is available. The sensible move is always to sell your spoils early, unless you're on a dead server and can't move the goods as fast as you can farm them.
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 238 239 240