First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 238 239 240
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-12-30 19:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh great, only another 130 pages of people measuring their *** by how many Lustreless items they can pull in a run left to scan.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-30 19:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Oh great, only another 130 pages of people measuring their *** by how many Lustreless items they can pull in a run left to scan.

Every page, every thread, every time
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-12-30 19:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, right? Tape measures exist, lads.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-30 19:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be Codegen posting somewhere before page 56 (maybe the summary is around or after 56)

Papesse had milestones highlighted too
[+]
By macsdf1 2021-12-31 13:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

this is all done without any speed hacks and what not?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 11:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The only thing I would say about this(thinking out loud here, as I have never contemplated making it work) is that traveling to B6 may be the same amount of time as killing 1 group on B1, warp to B2 and kill whole floor, and then resume one B3 and kill 3 more before going to B4. It puts you at the same amount of groupings killed so you lose no gil, saves you the time of warping twice, the path is more linear, and the monsters are much weaker on B1-B2 vs B6. Might even get lucky and get a halo on B1. Walking to B3 also puts you closer to the basement to travel up to B4, which is worth considering.

Just following up on this comment/idea I had to theorycraft a better Gil Output strategy in Sheol B. The group I run with decided to try, since the cost of hides is so much more than the cost of wings (and to give a change of scenery), so we took a few runs seeing if the gil+hide reward was even/better than doing our normal C runs. I wanted to share a few observations from our (5) runs so far. Keep in mind, this method completely disregards segments, so it is not ideal for that goal.

We were able to meet our normal C average in terms of gil on at least one of our runs. If we factor in the singles/boxes, we easily net higher than Sheol C gil on this particular run.

So it seems Sheol B can be quite lucrative (more than I considered) if you have a good path and group. Other runs we got 1m twice, and 1.2m twice. Probably room for growth. We tried CJ method, but it is too dependent on getting lucky with group placements of favorable mobs next to each other. I could see CJ method being a lot better if you could map it out perfectly, but it was too inconsistent without ideal communication so we scrapped it.

I would like to point out that nearly all of the monsters in Sheol B are vulnerable to Hybrid WS, including some of the Beastmen (the Tonberries appeared to resist). It appears the monsters' native magic evasion is so low that you can destroy them with Blade: Chi or Jinpu, even monsters that normally resist slashing. I was surprised how much stronger Ninja was than my BLU or WAR here, as next to nothing resisted me (not even skeletons or ghouls). You can one shot practically any monster even up to B5. So SAM might be the perfect job here.

The HP of the Agon beastmen in Sheol B is a lot higher than what you would think it would be, compared to Sheol C. I don't believe anybody has put out a chart listing their stat values, but I hit one Beastmen on B3 for 52k WS, and it still had 35% HP left. That already seems higher than what even a C1-3 Agon beastmen has. Maybe SE jacked up their HP to compensate for their lower levels? Seemed odd. Also, multiple people in our group said they felt the monsters were almost just as tanky and hit just as hard as monster in Sheol C. For instance, I took a 592 normal melee attack on B5 (from an unBerserk'd Dhalmel on Ninja). Probably not a good example, but it was one of several instances where I hit/got hit from these monsters and said "these are stronger than I thought". Clots, for example, are still just as bad as Sheol C.

On that note, I should mention that Sheol B has some pretty nasty monster types that I had completely forgotten about. Tauri (they can doom), Magic Pots, Antica (the BLM is annoying), Corse (yes, they can charm), Tonberries (throat stab), Sahagin (they guard everything), and probably a few others I am forgetting. Also not sure if someone pointed this out, but Lizards are flat out immune to CJ. I was not expecting that, but I had 10/10 "No Effect" on them.

A little fun break from Sheol C farming for gil, I think if you could nail down a consistent strategy, you could easily beat Sheol C numbers, since there are so many more monsters. The biggest drawback is that Sheol B is loaded with travelling. Almost half of your time is spent travelling up and down stairs (B5 particularly), so you have to be cognizant of the need to keep moving as you can get behind quickly. We didn't pop any NMs (though we probably could add a couple for some more boxes), and we only killed Halos that were along the path, never seeking them out since time was critical. And since our coffer discount isn't capped, we lose quite a bit of izzat (for now) opening those, which does cut down on the amount of singles/boxes you walk away with. I appreciate Saevel sharing his method, as it gave us the motivation to try it out. Maybe when we cap discounts in B, we might go back to A and see if we can replicate something similar.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 11:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep we found that Sheol B gave us less segments but way more gil per run. If folks have a good team with large amounts of segments, then they should try Sheol B. Remember Sheol B has more floors, mobs start at level 124 on floor 1 and end up 134 at floor 6. Sheol C is level 129 at floor 1 and level 135 at floor 4, so practically the same level, which is why Sheol B giving so much less segments per kill is BS.

We're gonna be putting NM's in our run because we need to clear them to raise our MM level more to unlock getting coffer price down more.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 11:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
we need to clear them to raise our MM level more to unlock getting coffer price down more

Chest/Coffer/Discount is completely independent of Moogle Mastery. The same as UNM material cost, this has been stated many times. It entirely depends on how many boxes of that type you open, which lowers the cost. I think every 10 you open its 10% discount, and then caps at 50 (-50% cost).

I have MM45, but Aurums still cost me like 18 or something really high (in Sheol B), because I stopped at 16 when I got my last tier for that category. The reason why people think MM affects your box discount is because you can grow MM from opening boxes.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 12:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

we need to clear them to raise our MM level more to unlock getting coffer price down more

Chest/Coffer/Discount is completely independent of Moogle Mastery. The same as UNM material cost, this has been stated many times. It entirely depends on how many boxes of that type you open, which lowers the cost. I have MM45, but Aurums still cost me like 18 or something really high, because I stopped at 16 when I got my last tier for that category. The reason why people think MM affects your box discount is because you can grow MM from opening boxes. But when I returned to Sheol B (with MM45), I didn't automatically have lowered Aurum cost.

I was thinking that the cost reduction ended up getting locked until you had cleared a certain number of NM's / regular mobs. We got our regular chest cost to 5 but the coffer is still like 15.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-04 12:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You just haven't opened enough coffers. Key-farming THFs that were killing nothing quickly got coffer discounts from opening enough of them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 12:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We got our regular chest cost to 5 but the coffer is still like 15.

Just confirm your box count with the moogle. You probably have >50 Chests open, but Coffers is probably still at <30. My Coffers in B is 8, but my Aurums are still really high, which prove it has nothing to do with NM or Nostos count, since I have finished those objective.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 12:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We got our regular chest cost to 5 but the coffer is still like 15.

Just confirm your box count with the moogle. You probably have >50 Chests open, but Coffers is probably still at <30. My Coffers in B is 8, but my Aurums are still really high, which prove it has nothing to do with NM or Nostos count, since I have finished those objective.

Just checked and 165 chests but only 8 coffers, so as we open more coffers the cost of coffers will go down.
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-01-04 12:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Chest/Coffer/Aurums all drop by 10% every 10 you open, until 50 are opened. Rounding might go the other way on coffers for 10-19 and 30-39, I keyed to 50+ on those before segements mattered.
Code
Count    Chest  Coffer  Aurum
0-9      10     15      20
10-19     9     14      18
20-29     8     12      16
30-39     7     11      14
40-49     6      9      12
50+       5      8      10
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 12:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the cost reduction being separate for each one is what was getting me. We've been avoiding opening coffers cause of how expensive they are and spending them on more chests since Sheol B has so many chests to open. Looks like we need to open more coffers to help ourselves in the long run.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 12:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Radec said: »
Chest/Coffer/Aurums all drop by 10% every 10 you open, until 50 are opened. Rounding might go the other way on coffers for 10-19 and 30-39, I keyed to 50+ on those before segements mattered.
Code
Count    Chest  Coffer  Aurum
0-9      10     15      20
10-19     9     14      18
20-29     8     12      16
30-39     7     11      14
40-49     6      9      12
50+       5      8      10

Since you kept such good records, do you have any data on the % of Lustreless Boxes found vs singles from Chest vs Coffer? And likewise of % of HQ box vs NQ box vs singles from Aurum Strongboxes? Looking at it from purely a gil perspective, want to see what is a better way to spend your izzat. Assuming all maxed discounts, pop chests all the way, or do the numbers support picking the better quality boxes when you can? Just wondering.
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-01-04 13:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
              Single    Box    Large Box    Single%    Box%    Large%
A    Chest     174       60                 74%        26%      0%
A    Coffer     97       74                 57%        43%      0%
A    Aurum      40       14    18           56%        19%     25%
B    Chest     871      269                 76%        24%      0%
B    Coffer    268      179                 60%        40%      0%
B    Aurum      84       28    35           57%        19%     24%
C    Chest    1410      408                 78%        22%      0%
C    Coffer    242      214                 53%        47%      0%
C    Aurum      65       21    25           59%        19%     23%

Rough estimate for all zones would be
Chest 75% Single, 25% Box
Coffer 60% Single, 40% Box
Aurum 55% Single, 20% Box, 25% Large

Edit, assuming 15 singles per box, 45 per large box, and lowest-cost openings:
Chest: 0.85 Items/Izzat
Chest+Coffer: 0.87 Items/Izzat
Chest+Coffer+Aurum: 1.10 Items/Izzat
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 14:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm the other thread got deleted, so going to paste our theoretical dual team setups here, incase V20 proves to be super annoying to clear.

Mboze

Team A

WAR (Savage Blade)
GEO (Fury / Haste?)
RDM (Haste II / Dia III)
SCH (Healer)
MNK (Chi Blast Penance)
BST (Killer Instinct Vermin then switch to Leech for TP reduction)

Team B

DRK (Torc Spam)
COR (Samurai's / Chaos)
BRD (Normal Songs)
WHM (Healer / Auspice)
SMN (Mewing TP Reduction)
BLU (Feather Ticket / Silent Storm / TP Reduction)
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2022-01-06 13:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey C Segment Farm (12600+ segments)
Party Composition: RUN WAR WAR COR SCH BRD

Pre-entry Enhancing Magic
Naturalists Roll Embolden Protect / Shell / Regen / Haste

Post-entry
SAM / Chaos Roll
RUN Embolden > SCH Accession > Perpetuance > Phalanxx on RUN
SCH & COR Coordinate Wildcard for Tabula Rasa / Soulvoice (HM+Haste)

This run features Morbol, Dahak, and Scorpion packs, with Morbol being part of the Fetter, none of which were skipped. We also popped the non-usual set of NMs because one of the members was maxing their moogle mastery.

The farming style of Odyssey C has been gradually improving since it's debut. Preparation and coordination are ultimately the key to maximizing segment points per run. RUN with Embolden Phalanxx for 10+mins goes a long way. Damage dealers engaging the mobs with the priority of weak point, example a pack with Lamia + Skeleton + Wamoura, you'd want the COR engaging the Lamia with Last Stand, the Warrior engaging the skeletons with Judgement, and the Bard Savage Blade on the Wamoura. The recent gear creep has allowed groups to also split up and engage multiple packs in different areas, this does come with a risk, we experienced one casualty today, but it gets better the more you practice. Usually I am not on COR, so I messed up with the WS priority on some packs as I am not use to playing COR in Odyssey.

Choose HD for higher quality.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-06 13:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amazing and all, but I can't watch this. Having 0 lag on auto target makes me super jelly. I wish I could have FFXI running like this in group events. EU server please.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2022-01-06 15:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
regional servers

NO THANKS.
By SimonSes 2022-01-06 15:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Quote:
regional servers

NO THANKS.

Because JP servers aren't regional? You are ok with it, because you have semi good connection from USA (even really good if you are on west coast). My signal in FFXI need to travel like *** 20000 km, even that Japan is "only" at 8600 km distance from where I'm writing this post right now. You know how my segments farming or DynamisD looks like in party/alliance? First is annoying as *** and it should be certified angry control training and second is unplayable, so I'm sorry but *** your "NO THANKS." even that I know it will never happen anyway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-01-06 21:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just beat Ongo V15 with only SCH BLM RUN COR in the fight.

(literally had 2 leech jobs who did literally nothing)

-Disclaimers: The SCH and BLM in this particular fight are top geared and freaking crazy good.

Why two leech jobs?

Trying a setup to kill V15 Ongo, Xevioso, Bumba in the same run and the two jobs we 'want' for Ongo, we don't have with our current group today.

Anyways, Ongo is confirmed doable with only RUN SCH BLM COR and 2 leeches assuming you get lucky and don't get magic acc down or magic damage down auras. Multistep SC was not used/needed. SCH gravitation and scission SCs were used, and COR opened SC for SCH if it was needed cause stratagem timers. 1st RD did not reset either gambit or Rayke

-Edit: 2nd attempt, got magic acc down aura on ongo, managed to get it down to 5% with the same jobs/setup.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-01-06 22:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
It's amazing and all, but I can't watch this. Having 0 lag on auto target makes me super jelly. I wish I could have FFXI running like this in group events. EU server please.
probably looks smoother due to addons, however i'm 100% with you.

it's so bad that complettly off the rails weird behaviours occur. the other day i was soloing odyssey and managed to get stuck in a trust related context menu right befor engaging a NM with links. there are no "switch target" or "disnegage" buttons in that menu and it wouldn't accept text commands either.

somtimes a entire dyna D statue pop is dead befor you can get your spell out. the lag and delays are already realy bad on it's own but the worst part is the additional packet loss. i'm starting to suspect my isp is routing thru the hood.
[+]
 Asura.Mithrial
user: Jaeden555
By Asura.Mithrial 2022-01-07 01:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm the other thread got deleted, so going to paste our theoretical dual team setups here, incase V20 proves to be super annoying to clear.

Mboze

Team A

WAR (Savage Blade)
GEO (Fury / Haste?)
RDM (Haste II / Dia III)
SCH (Healer)
MNK (Chi Blast Penance)
BST (Killer Instinct Vermin then switch to Leech for TP reduction)

Team B

DRK (Torc Spam)
COR (Samurai's / Chaos)
BRD (Normal Songs)
WHM (Healer / Auspice)
SMN (Mewing TP Reduction)
BLU (Feather Ticket / Silent Storm / TP Reduction)

Isn't Mboze unique in that it regens? This may put a wrench in the two attempt strats.
By Serjero 2022-01-07 01:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
-Disclaimers: The SCH and BLM in this particular fight are top geared and freaking crazy good.

Would you happen to be able to share their gear sets.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-01-07 08:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Serjero said: »
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Would you happen to be able to share their gear sets.

I know they have Mythics, other than that, it's pretty standard sets i think. Mischief was the BLM, Pikohan was the SCH.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-07 09:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mithrial said: »
Isn't Mboze unique in that it regens? This may put a wrench in the two attempt strats.

Pretty sure it's the aura that causes regen, so if you don't give it TP it shouldn't get regen. Not 100% though, I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-01-07 09:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The wiki is way off on this, so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone knew.

If I do all the clears at v15 without climbing v0, will I have access to everything at v15 once they are all done or do I need to do the v0 climb also?
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2022-01-07 09:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
The wiki is way off on this, so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone knew.

If I do all the clears at v15 without climbing v0, will I have access to everything at v15 once they are all done or do I need to do the v0 climb also?

A v15 kill means you're done. You can leapfrog all of it, provided a friend or someone can take you in and you can clear it.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-07 09:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you're clearly able to comprehend technical information, the specific requirements to pop a NM seem to be:
-Clear that NM at a difficulty within 5 ranks of the difficulty you want to pop.
-Clear all lower tier NMs at the difficulty you want to pop or higher.

So, if you clear all T1 and T2 at V15, you can pop all T1 and T2 at V15, but you'd still be at V0 on T3. But, if you want to pop Bumba V15, you would need to clear everything at V15 and Bumba at V10 or higher. There may also be a requirement that you've killed all NMs at v0 or higher to get the vengeance CS from moogle? I'm unsure on that one.

You can, without a doubt, clear all at V15 and be able to pop all though. I did that for a mule.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 238 239 240