Forum » FFXI » General » Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Vanixim
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-04-12 08:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing. Worth every penny for the 1st Class Edition. I can totally see why SE is unashamedly milking it for what it's worth (a Shinra... clutch? Okay, whatever works I guess...).

Without having finished Remake part 1, I can already tell that it's going to suck waiting for part 2. Just hoping they don't take too long on PS5, and that Diablo IV or Elder Scrolls VI comes out in the interim.

Would be stunned if part 2 came out on PS4 instead of PS5.
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-12 08:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... that ending is going to cause controversy. Be really interesting to see where this goes in the next few parts. Massive spoiler below of course.

Some of the things the Remake did which actually fixed plot holes.

About some of the 'convoluted' fears.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-12 12:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooo, got my Amazon shipment much sooner than expected. Two days late, not bad.
By ashcrow 2020-04-12 12:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Well... that ending is going to cause controversy. Be really interesting to see where this goes in the next few parts. Massive spoiler below of course.

Some of the things the Remake did which actually fixed plot holes.

About some of the 'convoluted' fears.

i am in chapter 15 i was so close on clicking ur spoils!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-12 16:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotta say, my expectations for the music were not very high because the original set such a high bar (IMO). I've heard a lot of modernized covers of FFVII music over the years and a vast majority of them simply don't live up to the original. That being said, I've spent the past hour listening to the music included in the Mini Soundtrack from the Deluxe Edition and I am quite impressed with what I've heard so far. Not all of the tracks are better (there are a few songs where I'm questioning the instrument choices), but overall it's a really solid soundtrack.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2020-04-12 17:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I gotta say, my expectations for the music were not very high because the original set such a high bar (IMO). I've heard a lot of modernized covers of FFVII music over the years and a vast majority of them simply don't live up to the original. That being said, I've spent the past hour listening to the music included in the Mini Soundtrack from the Deluxe Edition and I am quite impressed with what I've heard so far. Not all of the tracks are better (there are a few songs where I'm questioning the instrument choices), but overall it's a really solid soundtrack.

Yeah, well the soundtrack was probably the second thing I was looking forward too with the remake.
I do really appreciate how faithful a lot of the new arrangements are, Distant worlds in London last year did a lot of FF7 tracks too you should look up if you haven't already.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-12 17:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Distant Worlds has some pretty good stuff. They're kind of in the same boat where I don't always agree with their instrument choices (why anyone would use horns instead of a flute for Terra's Theme is beyond me).

I have one major grievance with the Remake soundtrack now, though. That Crazy Motorcycle remaster (Law Down Some Rubber) is just bad, and I'm not crazy about the Honeybee Inn song either (Stand Up). Oh well, I can always take those off the playlist....
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-12 21:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of the OST, perhaps the best boss theme in the game was the Jenova one.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-12 21:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Always loved the Jenova music. I still would give the edge to the OG track on that, though the Black Mages did a really good job with their cover:
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-04-13 02:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know how to finish the 200 stagger?
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-13 03:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
Tifa gets it easily with True Strike.
By ashcrow 2020-04-13 03:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
Tifa gets it easily with True Strike.
omg i never upgraded tifa lol ok thanks
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-13 04:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering how Square-Enix will go about the subsequent parts of the project as far as progression goes. By the end of this first part you're likely going to have most of, if not all your materia to master and be around Lv.40'ish without power leveling. Either things are going to scale even higher, way higher than they did in the original, or they're going to have to do something about it. They can't have all our materia be reset and our progression forcibly reverted, I think that'd honestly piss off a lot of players.

I think they're going to go one of two ways. The first is what was seen in the .HACK game series which was an episodic game series consisting of four parts. When you finished an episode it created a 'data flag' where all character progression was transferred to the next episode. The trade-off was that enemies stopping giving EXP once you hit a certain level. The same thing happened in Mass Effect as well.

The other is what can be done in Witcher 3 where you can go through the entire game before tackling the additional storylines and bring all your progression when you start them. If you didn't go through the main storyline beforehand then you could start at a pre-determined state of progression suitable for starting the content.
By ashcrow 2020-04-13 12:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of the OST, perhaps the best boss theme in the game was the Jenova one.

final boss theme was best
By ashcrow 2020-04-13 13:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering how Square-Enix will go about the subsequent parts of the project as far as progression goes. By the end of this first part you're likely going to have most of, if not all your materia to master and be around Lv.40'ish without power leveling. Either things are going to scale even higher, way higher than they did in the original, or they're going to have to do something about it. They can't have all our materia be reset and our progression forcibly reverted, I think that'd honestly piss off a lot of players.

I think they're going to go one of two ways. The first is what was seen in the .HACK game series which was an episodic game series consisting of four parts. When you finished an episode it created a 'data flag' where all character progression was transferred to the next episode. The trade-off was that enemies stopping giving EXP once you hit a certain level. The same thing happened in Mass Effect as well.

The other is what can be done in Witcher 3 where you can go through the entire game before tackling the additional storylines and bring all your progression when you start them. If you didn't go through the main storyline beforehand then you could start at a pre-determined state of progression suitable for starting the content.

part 2 70. part 3 99!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-13 21:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and it gets all the more convoluted when you consider the implications of any kind of Gold Saucer date point system if it's supposed to work like it does in the original, because having New Game + options as well as a chapter select kinda screws that over. My guess is that it will be wholly dependent on choices made in Part 2 even though there are obvious scenes in Part 1 where you choose between Aerith and Tifa.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-13 21:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and it gets all the more convoluted when you consider the implications of any kind of Gold Saucer date point system if it's supposed to work like it does in the original, because having New Game + options as well as a chapter select kinda screws that over. My guess is that it will be wholly dependent on choices made in Part 2 even though there are obvious scenes in Part 1 where you choose between Aerith and Tifa.
I have a feeling that the save files will be separate. The New Game will have a continuation when you load up FF7R2, and the New Game + will load up separate when you play the + game.

Like how .hack did it. You loaded a specific file, even if you have multiple save states, when you transferred over info.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-13 21:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I have a feeling that the save files will be separate. The New Game will have a continuation when you load up FF7R2, and the New Game + will load up separate when you play the + game.

Like how .hack did it. You loaded a specific file, even if you have multiple save states, when you transferred over info.

Could be, but the chapter select situation is still iffy because you can go back and make different decisions. Maybe it just takes the last iteration that you chose? I dunno. Either way, I imagine that the point system wouldn't be too influential in Part 1 just so that people can get every possible date in Part 2 by playing around in that one's chapter select (there will probably be an achievement associated with it).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-14 09:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Could be, but the chapter select situation is still iffy because you can go back and make different decisions. Maybe it just takes the last iteration that you chose? I dunno. Either way, I imagine that the point system wouldn't be too influential in Part 1 just so that people can get every possible date in Part 2 by playing around in that one's chapter select (there will probably be an achievement associated with it).
I'm just saying.

If there's no bro date in FF7R2, I'm flipping a table.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-14 09:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only should there be a bro date, there should be all the bro dates. Cid and Vincent have potential for hilarity.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-14 09:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That damn pull up game, finally won the pro trial.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-14 09:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bestiality is where it's at.

Red XIII/Nanaki for the win!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-14 10:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, don't say you never wanted any tail!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-14 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
I.. so you want to *** Red XIII?

Post deleted by User.