New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13
By Pantafernando 2020-04-04 03:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Avoiding all spoilers until I've played it, waited a long time for this game so I'm sure I can wait a week longer.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-04 13:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Avoiding all spoilers until I've played it, waited a long time for this game so I'm sure I can wait a week longer.

[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-04-04 13:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that they recreated the ending from crisis core.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-04-04 19:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They wont do that, their reason for the two regions is holiday falls on the end of the week for them.
By Viciouss 2020-04-06 17:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The review embargo has lifted, it's coming in at an 87 on metacritic with over 70 reviews. I probably won't read any of them, but I'm thrilled with that score.

Then again it occurs to me that FF15 was reviewed really well and that game was hot trash at launch -.-

Oh well, 3 more days!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2020-04-06 19:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
reviews

Why does anyone bother to read these?
By Draylo 2020-04-06 20:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't ever, most of them are paid off to give good or bad reviews.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-06 20:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

had to cancel my amazon pre-order today. they tried to feed me some *** and bull story that square enix wasnt shipping the game to them until the 10th, which was why they couldn't deliver it to me until the 17th. despite MULTIPLE announcements from square that they'd already given the game out to the major shippers and carriers for early delivery. Kicker: my friend twenty minutes away unboxed his collectors edition of FF7R , Sent from amazon, today. i could physically put hands on it. in fact, i literally took a picture of me holding it in my hands giving a thumbs up to send to them.

they told me to email a picture of it to some fake *** amazon box that doesn't accept incoming mail as proof. the third or so person i got bounced to, because thats the game they play now if they get someone who wont go away- just keep bouncing like a *** tigger on crack so you never get anywhere. so i went the twitter route. Figured id have better luck than dealing with the sixth person in a row.

Posted it to amazons twitter with screen caps of the conversation asking where my game is. They blocked me right away. after that i went back to customer service chat, asking why they sent me a bogus email box, and deleted my posts from twitter. they told me that they dont have the game in their warehouses, and wont be getting them until the 10th. which, lo and behold is bogus as well.

My significant other, works in one of their automated shipping sites, where they load ***into totes and the machines pick and pack from them. She was able to physically put hands on a copy inside of an amazon warehouse. Last Week.

i asked them to simply fulfill my order as promised on the 10th. nothing more nothing less but they're in full denial mode and wont do anything to provide you your game. so i canceled my prime and all of my other subscriptions i had through them too.

No interest in doing business with a bunch of liars.

So when amazon tells you they cant deliver it on time: *** em. they're lying to you.

Do what i did, and go digital so you dont have to avoid the internet for a week to avoid spoiling it to ***.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-06 20:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah sadly mine is arriving on the 9th, from SE store, but at the wrong house. I'm just gonna buy it digital and have to wait to release day :/
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 22:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are you located (roughly), Hideka?
By ashcrow 2020-04-07 01:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

2 MORE DAYS
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-07 05:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Just don't go into it expecting a 100% story remake. They changed a lot about the story.
Can already tell this is going to cause a lot of angst among purists. It's a remake, not a remaster. The core of the story is still there, they're just increasing the scope of it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-07 07:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a remake, not a remaster.
Remake =/= Reboot though.

They added a lot of stuff, the majority of which is done quite well if you ask me, I could name a couple of addition that feel like useless but overall it's truly nice. (granted that you would hope they won't add this much stuff to the other parts of the game or we'll never see the end of this project)

But I digress, in general the game is well done in my humble opinion.
What they did to the story is highly debateable though. Especially after their repeated promises of "we're gonna add a lot of stuff but the story will stay faithful to the original".
For better or for worse I can't tell, but it's totally not the case.

I'm not talking about small addition, small tweaks, small changes. Those would be all inside the spectrum of what I call a "Remake".
Some of those choices are so huge they are turning this game basically into a Reboot, and I won't say anything else but expect pretty big changes.

The scale of these changes could be limited with retcons and changes in future episodes, or it could be amplified, I guess they're waiting to decide on that according to how people will respond to this title, quite obviously.

I won't say it's necessarily a bad thing but:
1) If you wanna change that much, grow some balls and make a new game
2) If you wanna change that much I might even be fine with that, but then be honest about it instead of lying for 5 years saying you were just bringing in additions and no radical changes at all.

With all of that said, I'm sure things will cool down in a few months and what will be left is the memory of a game that's not perfect but is quite good.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-07 08:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Where are you located (roughly), Hideka?

East coast, relatively rural area. im 99% positive they're delaying my delivery because im not intercity.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-04-07 08:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
It's a remake, not a remaster.
Remake =/= Reboot though.

They added a lot of stuff, the majority of which is done quite well if you ask me, I could name a couple of addition that feel like useless but overall it's truly nice. (granted that you would hope they won't add this much stuff to the other parts of the game or we'll never see the end of this project)

But I digress, in general the game is well done in my humble opinion.
What they did to the story is highly debateable though. Especially after their repeated promises of "we're gonna add a lot of stuff but the story will stay faithful to the original".
For better or for worse I can't tell, but it's totally not the case.

I'm not talking about small addition, small tweaks, small changes. Those would be all inside the spectrum of what I call a "Remake".
Some of those choices are so huge they are turning this game basically into a Reboot, and I won't say anything else but expect pretty big changes.

The scale of these changes could be limited with retcons and changes in future episodes, or it could be amplified, I guess they're waiting to decide on that according to how people will respond to this title, quite obviously.

I won't say it's necessarily a bad thing but:
1) If you wanna change that much, grow some balls and make a new game
2) If you wanna change that much I might even be fine with that, but then be honest about it instead of lying for 5 years saying you were just bringing in additions and no radical changes at all.

With all of that said, I'm sure things will cool down in a few months and what will be left is the memory of a game that's not perfect but is quite good.

Some of the textures are far from good id have rather had them take another year on it so planks of wood didnt look like blocks of plastic with a wood pattern painted on them. A lot of corrugated metal that is at head height on Cloud is one flat model with stripes painted on. Most notable in CH8 when you are going to where Aerith lives and you can see roofs made out of the stuff.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-07 09:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some issues with some textures I agree (even some missing textures here and there).
Some of these issues will be solved with a post launch patch.
Some won't be fixed, but in the end it represents such a small part of the overall game that focusing exclusively on that is like looking for split hairs, imho.

I mean, I don't wanna deny it, it's there, it has its relevance, but I wouldn't overbloat things either, imho.
By Draylo 2020-04-09 18:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I wait 5 days or pre order it again digital :/
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 21:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

But is it worth it?
By Draylo 2020-04-09 21:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess, I got it digital lol so now I'll have two copies. Had to for my bday gift :)
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 21:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

1 more hour!
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-09 22:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

New Zealand got it about 13 hours ago so I'm a little ways into the story. Two stand-out moments for me so far. Both with spoiler tags for obvious reasons.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-04-10 11:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is unbelievably goodm played it yesterday from 11 night to 3 am, and 10am to now 8:30 taking a 30 mins break and going back to play, :O
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-04-10 11:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Only a few hours in, but it's really good.
Got it delivered yesterday to work addy, so I had to carry on like I totally didn't have it waiting for me after lol
By Mattelot 2020-04-10 12:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Just don't go into it expecting a 100% story remake. They changed a lot about the story.
Can already tell this is going to cause a lot of angst among purists. It's a remake, not a remaster. The core of the story is still there, they're just increasing the scope of it.

Which is what I honestly hope for as long as it's more depth to the original design rather than going off on some weird tangent.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-12 07:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

TIL

Kyrie is pronounced: kir-e-ay ...what
By Mattelot 2020-04-12 07:48:16