Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Autherius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Autherius
By Bahamut.Autherius 2023-01-13 12:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Got VD down in under 4 mins from entry now, really easy month if you can do good white damage. We are using 3x WAR, BRD COR WHM with 3 Ukons. Its barely getting 2 SPs off before it dies from the sheer white damage power, just follow the moogles as needed.

Thanks Kujah. So I joined a group, we did 2 Empy MNKs, and 1 Empy SAM. 6 min kills. Not bad if you don't have Uko yet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kinzu
user: Pra
By Bahamut.Kinzu 2023-01-13 12:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried Kujah's strat via /yell PUG with Vere MNKx2 and Masa SAM, BRD, COR, WHM and had about 4-6 min total fight time. Won 3/4 and only lost one because of the exciting stun followed by terror combo as the small moogles ran away. Randomness aside, this strat consistently worked for my PUG.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kinzu
user: Pra
By Bahamut.Kinzu 2023-01-14 12:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding a little more insight on a run where the boss did not do Benediction. Our BRD did Soul Voice on this particular run and our Composition was MNK (R15 GH), MNK (R15 Vere), WAR with Chang. BRD, WHM & COR. Total fight time was 1 min and 37 secs. We were in the zone for a total of 3 mins? Can't say it will always go that way, but we didn't didn't run 3 Empy Wpn DDs. I would say if you have a solid WHM, a MNK (can't go wrong with Chi Blast with Relic head/merits summon friends spam is annoying when it comes to TP feed)and people who pay attention to when the smaller moogles move, you can absolutely win with Kujah's posted strat consistently.

Alternatively another strat you can run with little to no threat but takes a lil time is the following: RDM (healer, silencer, mob binder) MNK BRD COR & 2 AFKs.

MNK is the sole DD on the boss to control mob HP and coordinate binds with RDM. RDM binds the boss at 85%, 65%, 45%, 25%, 10% and you run 40+ yalms out of range and wait out the SPs. Rinse repeat. Expect 10-15 min VD wins with this method.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-01-16 21:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you that want the super easy button this month, SMN strat still works. Killed in about 2 minutes and did 7 total VD runs in under an hour with 6 resets and KI trips.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-16 21:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

guess the old strat still works exactly the same
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-01-16 21:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lineup was THF/WAR, GEO, SMNx4. THF tanked it then stole the 2-hour when it popped.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-17 05:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

wat
But didn't the patch notes specifically say they nerfed repated BP on this month's reiteration of the Moogle Ambu?
Did they fail? Was it a matter of bad patch notes translation?
Or what else?

Because from what you guys are discussing this seems exactely like the strat we used last time this annoying ambu was around, with no variation whatsoever
By SimonSes 2023-01-17 06:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
wat
But didn't the patch notes specifically say they nerfed repated BP on this month's reiteration of the Moogle Ambu?
Did they fail? Was it a matter of bad patch notes translation?
Or what else?

Because from what you guys are discussing this seems exactely like the strat we used last time this annoying ambu was around, with no variation whatsoever

If you notice Volt Strike dropped to 5k from 50k below 80% (for a moment), so I assume BP wall is when its affected by SP ability, if THF steals it, then you can zerg it. Just not sure why this strategy is related to SMNs zerg anyway? Can't you just use 3xDDs instead? EDIT: Well 3DDs as 2DDs+THF and COR and BRD would dps also. GEO is not needed.

EDIT: I guess melee could maybe not be fast enough, but above setup assume WHM, so you could buy many extra sec with curaga 4 and 5 right? You could also use Apocalypse DRKs and ride through Aura like I do solo (with buffs from COR and BRD) on N :)
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-01-17 06:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

why do they kill the little moogle
By SimonSes 2023-01-17 07:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
why do they kill the little moogle

I assume, so they wont come to them and put Amnesia aura on them.

Also why you have "Kurwa" on avatar? Jesteś jednym z 4 Polaków, którzy grają w FFXI? :D
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-01-17 07:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

because it looked funny I'm not polish
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-01-17 08:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This was a JP shout that I joined, so I couldn't really understand what they were discussing. They auto translated the main part of the strat, and I just kind of winged it. Honestly was a better and more organized run than some of the empy aftermath PTs I joined with English folks. I don't think I did this Ambu last time around either.
By SimonSes 2023-01-17 09:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
This was a JP shout that I joined, so I couldn't really understand what they were discussing. They auto translated the main part of the strat, and I just kind of winged it. Honestly was a better and more organized run than some of the empy aftermath PTs I joined with English folks. I don't think I did this Ambu last time around either.

I mean JP PUGs organization is on whole another level. They were good enough to clear V20 A3-4 (I bet they will do it for V25 too) and do almost capped Segments runs.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-01-17 11:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed in about 2 minutes

Here I am killing this with a normal party in 3 mins with no resets... God, I'm an idiot...
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-01-17 12:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks interesting. Either way it's still dangerous. Empy DD strat is straight forward as long as you can follow the Moogle adds though. Glad there is more than one way to do this. Not to say RNG+COR burn can't still be done on this.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-01-17 12:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Here I am killing this with a normal party in 3 mins with no resets... God, I'm an idiot...

I'm not one to poop on the many strategies that people use to clear content and have often wondered why other choose to do so. A win is a win in my book, and I think it's great that people explore the many strategies available to them.
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2023-01-17 12:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
If you notice Volt Strike dropped to 5k from 50k below 80% (for a moment), so I assume BP wall is when its affected by SP ability, if THF steals it, then you can zerg it.
Basically what he said. One run I only killed 1 of the regular moogles and BP dmg was halved or worse (20-30ks vs 60-90ks) but I can't confirm if it was because of that, or boss possibly stepped outta the bubble--dunno.

But other than that yeah, the nerf happens when it's under any SP. Larceny that and BP dmg kicks back up to normal. I didn't have a 4th smn so just used a cor with pet rolls in its place and works just as easy. thf/geo/cor/x3smns. Better setup though would be swapping the cor for a run for odyllic since it can otherwise sleepga or paralyga ramuhs. That'd make it pretty much failproof. sch regen V and pro/shell outside buffs are also nice.
By SimonSes 2023-01-17 13:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Whats the point of your post? He presented other viable strategy. Is that a problem?

Post deleted by User.
[+]