Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Disclai
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2021-12-14 21:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can further attest to RDM method. Been soloing D on RDM, and duoing VD with my BRD friend.

Both have been reliable and safe, with only the occasional unlucky mishap (e.g. terror being readied right as I push 1hr threshold).

Runs have been about ~12min on average I think, largely depending on Benediction occurrence/timing. Not bad for low-manning and not having to reset 1hrs.

Silencing the moogle becomes very unreliable after a couple of successes, but that hasn't actually proven to be much of an issue between Addle & Paralyze crippling its casts. At worst, it opens up the off-chance of it Chainspelling a Sleepga after phase push. Bind never resists, though. (Did have one frustration where Shock Spikes appeared to break Bind, lol. Stopped applying it after that.)
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-12-14 23:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
Can further attest to RDM method. Been soloing D on RDM, and duoing VD with my BRD friend.

Both have been reliable and safe, with only the occasional unlucky mishap (e.g. terror being readied right as I push 1hr threshold).

Runs have been about ~12min on average I think, largely depending on Benediction occurrence/timing. Not bad for low-manning and not having to reset 1hrs.

Silencing the moogle becomes very unreliable after a couple of successes, but that hasn't actually proven to be much of an issue between Addle & Paralyze crippling its casts. At worst, it opens up the off-chance of it Chainspelling a Sleepga after phase push. Bind never resists, though. (Did have one frustration where Shock Spikes appeared to break Bind, lol. Stopped applying it after that.)

Sounds like Disc needs Otomis to come Cor or Brd to speed this along :)

All begging aside, Disc has a super nice Rdm.
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2021-12-15 15:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been testing out tri-boxing RDM+GEO+BRD (GEO doing Malaise/Frailty, BRD doing marches/minuets) - My RDM isn't top-of-the-line (Malignance gear/etc., no Croc, usually just dual-wield Naegling and Thibron/Sakpata Sword/ambu dagger), but I seem to have crap luck or am just doing something wrong :| Do you guys bind and run WAY far away (like 50') to avoid Kaustra DoT, or do you just run to/follow a Moogle? I've been trying to keep him in a corner and then running straight to the opposite corner during SP, but inevitably at least one of my binds wears prematurely, and I don't realize it until I suddenly fall over dead.

Either that, or I catch a Benediction at 10-25%, but.. not much to do about that other than pray harder to RNGesus :P
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2021-12-15 16:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Armaddon said: »
I've been testing out tri-boxing RDM+GEO+BRD (GEO doing Malaise/Frailty, BRD doing marches/minuets) - My RDM isn't top-of-the-line (Malignance gear/etc., no Croc, usually just dual-wield Naegling and Thibron/Sakpata Sword/ambu dagger), but I seem to have crap luck or am just doing something wrong :| Do you guys bind and run WAY far away (like 50') to avoid Kaustra DoT, or do you just run to/follow a Moogle? I've been trying to keep him in a corner and then running straight to the opposite corner during SP, but inevitably at least one of my binds wears prematurely, and I don't realize it until I suddenly fall over dead.

Either that, or I catch a Benediction at 10-25%, but.. not much to do about that other than pray harder to RNGesus :P

Yes, I pull it to a corner, and then run to the opposite diagonal corner after pushing/Binding. Wearing Carmine Cuisses +1, I'll generally get to the opposite corner before the DoT even applies. Also move a short distance whenever a Steward is spawned.

Haven't had any issues with Bind wearing prematurely. Are you certain it wasn't broken by something? e.g. an auto-attack, or spikes. Make sure to disengage before casting Bind, to ensure trusts don't break it.

Late Benediction can't be helped, yeah. Adds a few minutes at least, unless you have another person helping DD.
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2021-12-15 20:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
Lakshmi.Armaddon said: »

Yes, I pull it to a corner, and then run to the opposite diagonal corner after pushing/Binding. Wearing Carmine Cuisses +1, I'll generally get to the opposite corner before the DoT even applies. Also move a short distance whenever a Steward is spawned.

Haven't had any issues with Bind wearing prematurely. Are you certain it wasn't broken by something? e.g. an auto-attack, or spikes. Make sure to disengage before casting Bind, to ensure trusts don't break it.

Late Benediction can't be helped, yeah. Adds a few minutes at least, unless you have another person helping DD.

yeah, the binds usually wear like 20? seconds in when it happens (just short enough for him to run up into DoT aura range before his SP wears. I think I just gotta improve my gear a bit more and git gud
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-15 21:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds like a gear problem or something. I've bound the moogle for well over 2 minutes while the group recovered, so 20 seconds sounds extremely short. Maybe let us see your enfeebling set so we can see the problem
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2021-12-15 22:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That sounds like a gear problem or something. I've bound the moogle for well over 2 minutes while the group recovered, so 20 seconds sounds extremely short. Maybe let us see your enfeebling set so we can see the problem

Here's my current set after some tweaking, I just did another attempt on N and had no resists but he bene'd at 25% then terrored me right before SP at 10% when I thought I'd win ; ;
Code
sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'] = {ammo="Hydrocera",
		head="Viti. Chapeau +1",neck="Duelist's Torque",ear1="Vor Earring",ear2="Snotra Earring",
		body="Atrophy Tabard +2",hands="Jhakri Cuffs +2",ring1="Kishar Ring",ring2="Stikini Ring",
		back=gear.nuke_jse_back,waist="Eschan Stone",legs="Chironic Hose",feet="Vitiation Boots +1"}

Weapons are Naegling + Sakpata's Sword, nuke_jse_back is just Ambu mantle with int/m.acc/mab on it. Definitely room for improvement but in general I don't get any resists (other than silence, once I've tossed it out a couple times). NQ unaugmented neck really sucks, but I haven't had a good opportunity to grab the +1 and augment it yet... And +2 is a bit out of my reach for now :/

Edit: This is literally my third time in a row tonight of this happening right at 25%:
https://imgur.com/oIVGdDo
The 2hr he uses is random but he's hit me with terror every. damned. time. Anyone here happen to be a priest of RNGesus? I gotta pray harder
 Odin.Wikitaru
Server: Odin
By Odin.Wikitaru 2021-12-16 05:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi we tried SMN burn method.

3 SMN PLD GEO COR

GEO SMN pop SP1
PLD run in and see small moogle’s movement.
GEO throw Geo frailty and SMN SP2

We tried 2 runs and failed because of perfect dodge.

Is there anything we doing wrong? Or it just unlucky?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-12-16 05:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf/pld for tank, use larceny if bad SP use.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-12-19 23:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested ES Absolute Terror w/ BLU similar to the Ramuh cheese strat?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-19 23:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Wikitaru said: »
Is there anything we doing wrong? Or it just unlucky?
Asura.Wotasu said: »
Thf/pld for tank, use larceny if bad SP use.

This is the way to handle Perfect Dodge, but you would be equally as unlucky if it did Benediction first, as that would also be a loss. AFAC SMN Burn is potentially very quick, but a very unreliable method.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-12-20 07:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How long it takes from SP being used to Aura wear off (so basically when its safe to go back in range taking triggering SP as start).
By Shichishito 2021-12-20 09:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Has anyone tested ES Absolute Terror w/ BLU similar to the Ramuh cheese strat?
tried ES blistering roar on VD, got "completely resists the spell".
while i don't know wether that message means it could land but didn't due to not enough macc or if it's simply immune to terror, however i do know BLU can't have nice things so i assume its immune.
By SimonSes 2021-12-20 09:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That msg means it's immune
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-12-20 10:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Found the most consistent strat this month for VD to be just bring a RDM and bind during the SPs.

We took SAM WAR BRD COR WHM RDM.

Pull to starting corner, bind every SP and run to 50+ away and wait for SP to wear, rinse and repeat til dead. Never really any danger, our kill time ranged from 7 - 10 mins depending on when/if Bene was used. For invite over you can either push the next SP and bind, or just move a little away from the new add. If Bene and PD are both used before 25%, we would push the 10% or 25% SP and kill before aura comes on.

This is the strat I am using now too, very reliable. With the strat too I have found it more beneficial to use addle2 rather than silence, one tier 6 nukes takes it like 10 seconds to cast, meaning you can push it multiple 1 hours if it uses it at the correct time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-21 01:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
How long it takes from SP being used to Aura wear off (so basically when its safe to go back in range taking triggering SP as start).

I wasn't timing it but it felt like around 45 seconds.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-12-21 19:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems whenever we try this with the bind SP method, we get deaths running away. Would it not make sense going to a small moogle, instead of trying to run 50+ yalms away?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-21 19:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The small moogles may or may not be close enough to get you aja spammed during manafont, or chainspelled.

Do what works for you. Disengage faster.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-21 20:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Seems whenever we try this with the bind SP method, we get deaths running away. Would it not make sense going to a small moogle, instead of trying to run 50+ yalms away?

Positioning is key. Pull Moogle to starting corner, and DDs swing around face the corner with the Moogle in between. Just disengage before every % threshold. Have one person (the rdm normally) be the designated pusher. Bind, then run. You should have more than enough time to run the opposite corner. If not, use the Addle2/T6 nuke method (have everyone turn just before SP, apply AddleII, wait for a T6, and have everyone use 1-2 WS, then disengage and RDM Binds, run. You don't even have to see it SP to know it used it, so it always works).

Running to a moogle is obviously easier if you can get to one. Sometimes the positioning of a moogle is a distance away, and trying to follow one can get you killed if you're not in front of them. They do move, so it does make it a little bit tricky if you're not paying attention (has gotten me a few times). Moving 50+ should be relatively fool-proof as is; The SPs are all on a HP% pattern, so you can always be prepared for it.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-12-21 22:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Safe white damage strat. We push as soon as a little moogle moves. That gives us max safe time on a moogle without having to chase after it.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [379 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Evolved
Server: Phoenix
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Evolved 2023-01-04 11:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So, Moogle Ambuscade next month, and SMN BP Nerf in full effect it sounds like. ("with multihit Blood Pact resistance playing a role")

Is this a month that is going to be the worst ever? I'm not normally pessimistic but my god...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-04 11:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Moogle is one of the worst yessir

Regen aura will be bigger though, that's the primary reason moogle sucks. Instant death if you're a millimeter away from the good moogle when kaustra aura comes out.

And E-N trust dumbfuckery like Yoran always running out of regen aura. It is unreasonably difficult to keep his stupid *** in the bubble. (and away from the totems)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-01-04 11:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, Moogle might be trival now, just due to master levels putting almost everyone over 2k HP natively. Might be able to ignore auras outright (although I probably wouldn't).

Edit: If you have a great healer that is.
By Trillium 2023-01-04 12:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully this means the mount for login campaign. Missed grabbing it twice now at least. Recall this one being annoying for positioning with trusts. With real players not too bad. I think I used the meleeing whms to help control vs Yoran and Ygnas running put of range.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-09 23:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Bozzetto Voyager Moogle has gained resistance to multiple hit blood pacts while under 2hour.

The radius of the moogle’s sphere effects has been increased.
Very Easy: From 5m to 8m.
Easy: From 8m to 10m.
Normal: From 8m to 10m.
Difficult: From 10m to 15m.
Very Difficult: From 15m to 20m.

A message will now display when the moogle begins to move.

I'm pretty sure the orders of those are reversed, the good moogles were increased and it should be VD>VE

(Or they increased both and forgot to mention the other resizing)

If you do the update and log in before the windower team updates the resources you will see the incorrect TP move names. They know. It happens every single time. Just launch windower again to fix it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-10 08:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm pretty sure the orders of those are reversed, the good moogles were increased and it should be VD>VE

(Or they increased both and forgot to mention the other resizing)

Yeah it must be something wrong with those numbers. There is no way it was 15 for VD, since then there would be no need to pretty much walk in front of moogle to be in range and /follow would easily work.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-01-10 08:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone recall the strat for this? I don't remember it unfortunately. Only that you could bring a THF to steal the SP
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-10 09:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
Anyone recall the strat for this? I don't remember it unfortunately. Only that you could bring a THF to steal the SP

No special strat. Buff and attack. Follow totems if it's VD.
By Veydal1 2023-01-10 09:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Jokes said: »

No special strat. Buff and attack. Follow totems if it's VD.

Pretty spot on. The wandering Moogles have a generous safe zone now. You don't need to run in front of them anymore. I'm enjoying RDM to help with enfeebs and helping DDs meet accuracy requirements without a BRD. It's just a long(er) fight and does require paying attention to friendly Moogle positioning / HP % for inc 2 hours.

Jobs this month seem to be forgiving.