Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-10-13 07:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm jealous; it took me about 300 VD runs (with me as the only lotter), and I already had legs from ~400 E runs when I switched to VD.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [278 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2023-07-18 16:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Anyone have an updated strat for Lilith +3 adds?

The only video i see is quite old, wondering if new gear can make more accessible to average geared people to farm this more efficiently.

Thanks in advamce

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Odessyus
Server: Odin
user: Odessyus
By Odin.Odessyus 2023-07-19 08:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What’s your strategy for zerging on VD? Do you just super buff a MNK or DRK with capped subtle blow and then have others in the party rotate using Absorb-TP?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Odessyus 2023-07-19 12:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks for clarifying that. I would much rather give this a try than to continue through the slog of spamming E hoping to get the right drop. I appreciate the detailed strategy!
By Blazed1979 2023-07-19 12:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Victory smite her until she gives
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-07-19 14:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH solo it. It's easy!

But make sure you bring a THF for TH. It totally helps...you believe that anything will make this better.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-07-19 20:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk man, watching her slowly die on VD is pretty satisfying. Lots of time to yell obscenities at her. And then you get the loot and you never go back.

Plus you don't have to pretend the BRD COR GEO WHM players are having fun while the other 2 people get to actually play the game
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2023-07-19 21:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's when she prefers to be Fisted.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darwinion
user: DBrown67
By Phoenix.Darwinion 2023-08-12 08:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying this recently on THF solo at Easy level. Wiki says that Trance occurs at <50% and is freely available. This is incorrect. She can do it right from the start. Twice I've not even got the first WS off and she charmed me. Without trust support it's instant game over. If I have to turn away at the start and wait for the Gyve thing to pop to get TP then that's just a waste of time. Takes ages.
By AegParm 2023-08-12 09:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darwinion said: »
I've been trying this recently on THF solo at Easy level. Wiki says that Trance occurs at <50% and is freely available. This is incorrect. She can do it right from the start. Twice I've not even got the first WS off and she charmed me. Without trust support it's instant game over. If I have to turn away at the start and wait for the Gyve thing to pop to get TP then that's just a waste of time. Takes ages.

You're looking at the details for the mission battle. The High Tier Mission Battlefield version below it (noted with the star) has Fatal Allure listed as any time. The details note it's used on Easy or above.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-12 09:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also: you can turn away from Fatal Allure. It's actually not very difficult to do, it has a decent ready time. Only time you can really get stuck is during WS animations. Time your WS when she's using/just used a TP move to avoid getting animation locked during a Fatal Allure. You'll get used to it with time.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-08-12 13:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »

Who’s your profile pic of? I recognize her from somewhere.
By Serjero 2023-08-12 13:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Shiva.Alistrianna said: »

Who’s your profile pic of? I recognize her from somewhere.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
By Pantafernando 2023-08-12 16:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This is FFXIAH, not Tinder
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
By Lordtrey 2023-10-01 04:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

on vd if you replace the geo with a smn then on form 2 you can perfect def and the support can join the zerg and kill it in 30 seconds. And have the mnk open with staff and use shell crusher then h2h kill.

and with a warlocks on the thf and brd if /drk, and have some macc gears, their stuns and absorb-tps will land pretty ok in the first round to make it even easier on the mnk to get to the second form. Then dont forget to use last resort on the /drk jobs for the 2nd form zerg.

whole fight with buffs can take about 4 mins this way.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Oraine
user: crazy00
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-20 05:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

bringing this thread back to life. im 3/5 now im paying mercs because im tired of running VE lol.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2023-11-20 08:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not make a party for VD? Or at least try to solo it on Normal (or Easy) with SCH? Seems like it would take just about the same amount of effort as griping about it here.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-11-20 09:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I know its an old game and I am not oblivious to the merc culture on other servers and that's a topic in itself... but I do find it disheartening that the culture as a whole doesn't first migrate to linkshell members helping out or just general players helping. This game once upon a time was based on the community simply helping one another. I solo lots of HTBF's and v0 ody unlocks for people in my shell whenever they want some help, most often its VD Lilith and VD Shinryu, but yeah its nice just helping out, otherwise some players that are newer just get frustrated with the game and leave. I find 75% of my time in this game nowadays is simply helping others, the other 25% is for me basically doing only ody/sortie lol.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Godfry 2023-11-20 11:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
counterpoint: you can only help so many people who don't stick around before getting frustrated yourself.

we need a balance between the two

Very much so. "People didn't help me get 5/5 Malig pieces so I quit".

I usually help people I like, or new players that are very grateful with whatever help they get. If they are unwilling to do the grind, this game is not for them.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2023-11-20 12:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN can also solo E very easily with Siren now with the pet defense update.
 Shiva.Myamoto
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-11-20 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valid points for sure ^^ and I agree with them. Balance is necessary... my comment was more in the direction of the community actually playing together and helping one another rather than a bunch of solo people getting stuff through mercs. Because that in itself also creates a player base that may or may not comprehend and appreciate the work it took for others to get where they are and who have put in the work etc. Then they get bored because they bought and paid for everything and deem that there is "Nothing to do, I have everything soooo I guess I'll quit now because I am bored" lol.

I am just an advocate for helping people is all, I would rather go down with that ship than the alternative.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-20 14:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've kind of been of the mindset that most people spam her on VE, unless they get blessed with a friend group/make a group to do her on VD.

I've just been spamming her VE. Have killed her maybe 80 times?

Have gotten:
Malignance Sword, Daybreak, Malignance Pole, Malignance Earring, and Malignance Tights.

I'd love to get a group for it, but I'm chronically shy about grouping for much outside of Ambu these days. I feel like I don't know anything/anyone endgamey, and like I'll be viewed as a leech if I get help from people with the levels/gear to slaughter her on VD with relative ease.

I don't wanna feel like I got a hand out, but it sure would be nice. Especially seeing/meeting other people who do in Ambu lol. Like there's this one dude. Apparently he returned and was still on pretty good terms with his buds from the before times. They took him places and got his WAR full Sakpata's. He admitted he'd been given it as a hand out, but like a few weeks later had upped his Ambu standards to only Intense D or higher.

Since I can beat her on at least VE though, I kind of view her as a solo target to work on. Shinryu on the other hand, I can't seem to be alone even on VE by myself. Just don't have the raw power needed since I've got no jobs mastered.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-20 14:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried tequila?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-20 14:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Have you tried tequila?
I'm more of a sake or vodka kind of guy.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-11-20 14:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I farmed most of my pieces on E with a SB capped MNK. Most of the pieces came pretty quickly until I got down to one left, that took around 80-90 tries just to get the stupid feet to drop. Almost every time I did VD with someone else, we never got what I needed (a coincidence, I know). Maybe I was just lucky, but I think I killed her with at least 90% success this way.

I'd get unlucky here and there, but once you learn the mechanics of the fight and get into a rhythm, you can pretty consistently kill her on E even if your MNK isn't super geared out. It's been ages, but IIRC the main thing is to make sure you turn when her spikes go up so you don't die to those, giving trusts enough time to dispel the spikes. I think I avoided any long SC attempts, just doing whatever WS did more damage, because otherwise you lose damage if you have to turn to avoid spikes. You can kite her around to make sure the fetters don't damage you or your trusts. Be sure to use Chi Blast to inhibit her TP and you can try to stick plague with Shijin, although I could never tell if it actually landed or not. For TH, if someone was available, I would have them try to stick Bounty Shot instead of using a THF, but that wasn't every time, otherwise it was just me and trusts.

The one thing I did differently than others was using Path B Sagitta, this allowed me to cap SB easier and swap in some pieces where I would normally need SB, as well as making it easier to cap DT and the added attack helped TP gain
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49