March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-26 20:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
See, it really doesn't matter in the slightest how it's supposed to work, only how the people make it work, or in this case, no longer do.

But that's only how the main NA meta works. The merc meta uses RNG, JP meta uses BLM's. You can't only play this game one way, and trying to force 22 jobs into one specific meta is how you get a game that may as well not have those 22 jobs. We can job change for a reason, change to what fits the fight, and not every fight needs to be or should be outright zerg'd, even if it's possible. And with that mindset, roughly every job can play a part in the game.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-03-26 21:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

BLM suck ***

I know what you mean by this and they are absolutely valid criticisms, however BLM can be the main DD and clear aeonics and wave 3. So they're still viable in some manner. People act like they're an entirely dead job, but that's because of how the NA meta works, not because the job is entirely useless.

Agreed. And replying to the aforementioned quote I feel that if the reduction to consecutive damage during magic bursts is removed then clears will be the same if not just slightly slower as with SMNers. BLM strats are safe because they can deal damage while avoiding it. You want to take a BLM group you are choosing a slower but much safer strategy. I agree in some respects that something significant can be done but there needs to be a risk/reward aspect.

That is why SMN strats, to me, are actually broken. I love clearing content quickly but there should be risk to choosing a high spike damage strat like SMN burn. Instead, they can deal that damage while avoiding all danger.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-26 21:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because blm is usable in certain content doesn't make the job ok. Magic damage is far too unbalanced in contrast to melee, and not only is bringing blm to most events sub optimal, but playing it isn't even that fun. Nukes don't hold a candle to the sustained DPS a melee job can do, and blm is supposed to be the magic damage class. It's supposed to be powerful and destructive. But right now it's so far behind the crowd it doesn't feel good to play even with the highest tier equipment available to the class. Sure crowd control is important, but aside from a dedicated magic burst setup it's just feels bad to play on.
By clearlyamule 2019-03-26 21:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure cor and rng do more magic dps than blm
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-26 21:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Pretty sure cor and rng do more magic dps than blm

They do A LOT more magic DPS than BLM.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-26 22:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
That is why SMN strats, to me, are actually broken. I love clearing content quickly but there should be risk to choosing a high spike damage strat like SMN burn. Instead, they can deal that damage while avoiding all danger.

The only caveat here is that you need your SP's. Honestly the most annoying part of doing Reisen t4's to me is you do a fight and then AFK 10-25min while the entire alliance leaves to reset ACAF. I'm sure the experienced merc groups do that in almost no time, but it's a big annoyance to the SMN strat and the main drawback there. I think you can do a few T4's without utilizing bolster/SV/etc. in a melee setup if you do it right, and I'd rather work on that and deal with 2-10min fights than a 30s fight and 20min afk.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-03-26 22:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of group, any group, takes 20min to reset 1hrs and come back? Are they taking showers in between kills or what.
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2019-03-26 23:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
What kind of group, any group, takes 20min to reset 1hrs and come back? Are they taking showers in between kills or what.

Gotta be clean & fresh, man ;)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-26 23:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asurans. Lul. They can *** up, anything. literally. I've seen it take more than 30 minutes to get 2hours back.

They all warp and go to Jeuno. No one has Maze. One goes to get maze a couple already left to get Cactus in Abyssea. Half reset in MMM the rest are waiting for cactus to repop. they finally get it 10 minutes later. We get ready to pop. One of them forgot to use the revit. Now he has no maze access and no cactus. Goes to kill resheph. Gets killed as its one of the only mobs that can still kill a 119. by now his 2hour is almost ready to come back naturally.
By Shichishito 2019-03-26 23:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Just because blm is usable in certain content doesn't make the job ok. Magic damage is far too unbalanced in contrast to melee, and not only is bringing blm to most events sub optimal, but playing it isn't even that fun. Nukes don't hold a candle to the sustained DPS a melee job can do, and blm is supposed to be the magic damage class. It's supposed to be powerful and destructive. But right now it's so far behind the crowd it doesn't feel good to play even with the highest tier equipment available to the class. Sure crowd control is important, but aside from a dedicated magic burst setup it's just feels bad to play on.

when ever there is new content that is tough to melee, first thing people do is throw BLMs and SCHs at it for SC/MB strat. it might not always be the fastest/best strat but it usually is the first thing that works (unless the content is not ment to be beaten with magic by design).

BLMs isn't in a bad spot. when the gear advantage gets pretty high BLMs eventually run into a deadlock cause they hit cap numbers on MBs. as soon as they release new content and melee are back at struggling to hit acc/att requirments BLMs will be on top of the game again. its a constant back and forth.
By Shichishito 2019-03-26 23:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asurans. Lul. They can *** up, anything. literally. I've seen it take more than 30 minutes to get 2hours back.

They all warp and go to Jeuno. No one has Maze. One goes to get maze a couple already left to get Cactus in Abyssea. Half reset in MMM the rest are waiting for cactus to repop. they finally get it 10 minutes later. We get ready to pop. One of them forgot to use the revit. Now he has no maze access and no cactus. Goes to kill resheph. Gets killed as its one of the only mobs that can still kill a 119. by now his 2hour is almost ready to come back naturally.

thats usually how it goes, not a asuran exclusive scenario.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-03-26 23:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If this isn't the realest thing someone's said in 2019 I don't know what is. Welcome to Asura, more likely in pugs.

Reseph gives me nightmares, I get bullied for dying to him twice on my Rune... lol
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-27 01:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pugs. Though the LS that I got my aeonic dagger with (my first) would do that on occasion as well.
By SimonSes 2019-03-27 03:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Reseph gives me nightmares, I get bullied for dying to him twice on my Rune... lol

Wouldnt simply put stonskin up make this impossible? His TP move that put you at 1HP, ignores Stoneskin, so Stoneskin should be there after the move to stop any melee hit that would kill you. +Phalanx to make it even safer.
By kishr 2019-03-27 03:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder what this accumulated roe is, sounds interesting.
The more PW you kill the more cells?
Next Wednesday is early also for a update.
Like a week early this time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-03-27 04:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You have no idea how giant impact would Temper II have on optimal TP and WS sets. You would literally need to double the number of TP and WS sets for every melee DPS job and toogle when Temper is up or not.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-27 04:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a 0% chance Temper II can ever work with Ascension. Every 2h job would be completely broken at that stage, not even removing mainhand only could balance it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-27 04:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
minor refinements to Dia, Bio, and Light and Dark Shot.

Quote:
Completing these new objectives will reward points that accumulate rather than reset, so the more you play, the more rewards you’ll be able to get!

It's 100% pulse weapons, with a new point system... Cruor+1! They're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Repeatable means it's not a MONTHLY ROE. *forehead*
By kishr 2019-03-27 05:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There's always whale spam.
By SimonSes 2019-03-27 06:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
minor refinements to Dia, Bio, and Light and Dark Shot.

Quote:
Completing these new objectives will reward points that accumulate rather than reset, so the more you play, the more rewards you’ll be able to get!

It's 100% pulse weapons, with a new point system... Cruor+1! They're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Repeatable means it's not a MONTHLY ROE. *forehead*

Maybe you can get like x amount of points per month, but they wont reset every month? :P

Storing Job points V2 :)
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-27 07:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy cant wait for bots to ruin this too.
By kishr 2019-03-27 07:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Was reading the jp official forums on train home from work just now, to see if they had anything to about last ambu weapon upgrade.
Came to find out they just complain about bots.
A few guys were saying on some servers there a group a 18 anon ppl in a alliance spamming delve constantly and nothing is done..
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/16#threads/54750
Weird part is, even on official forums and the jp side, a dev says zero to them even after 7 pages of rants.
By Shichishito 2019-03-27 08:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Was reading the jp official forums on train home from work just now, to see if they had anything to about last ambu weapon upgrade.
Came to find out they just complain about bots.
A few guys were saying on some servers there a group a 18 anon ppl in a alliance spamming delve constantly and nothing is done..
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/16#threads/54750
Weird part is, even on official forums and the jp side, a dev says zero to them even after 7 pages of rants.

find 19 people who threaten to quit and post screenshot proof on the official boards, maybe that changes SEs mind.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-03-27 08:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That link doesn't work for me for the thread. :<
By Shichishito 2019-03-27 08:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
That link doesn't work for me for the thread. :<

maybe they already deleted that thread?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-27 09:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
BLM suck *** because the damage wall cause's multiple of them to nerf each others damage. This was put in place to prevent an alliance of BLM's from time nuking entire BC's like they used to, it should be removed as it no longer serves it's purpose. A BLM is anywhere from 1/8 to 1/10 the damage of a DD and only gets worse as you add more BLMs.

Would we be happy if Magic Bursts just straight up ignored the damage wall entirely? I feel like thats a reasonable place to start and fits in FFXI's design scheme of rewarding teamwork.

tyalangan said: »
Agreed. And replying to the aforementioned quote I feel that if the reduction to consecutive damage during magic bursts is removed then clears will be the same if not just slightly slower as with SMNers. BLM strats are safe because they can deal damage while avoiding it. You want to take a BLM group you are choosing a slower but much safer strategy. I agree in some respects that something significant can be done but there needs to be a risk/reward aspect.

I would just remove the damage wall entirely, melee attacks don't have it so neither should elemental. It was implemented a long time ago to prevent 18 BLM's from instantly clearing DM2 BC fight and chain nuking NM's from afar. That's no longer an issue and the game has since been balanced around dealing high volumes of damage in short periods of time. Buffing nuke damage a bit then allowing multiple BLM's to chain nuke non-stop without hitting a damage wall would go a long way to fixing the issues.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-03-27 09:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd laugh if it wasn't anything to do with Pulse weapons, and they straight out said "We aren't making it easymode after just one month. In the meantime, your new RoE points can be spent on Treant Bulbs"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-27 09:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not going to be limited to Pulse weapons, but I'm sure it will be a part of the reward system somehow. They just keep adding more gobbie box/sp key/anv keys/aman trove/bonanza events. They made clear their goal:

Quote:
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-03-27 09:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like Gobsdfgbsdblox or whatever Merit Pt storer! Only in RoE form!

edit: And it's not as if I'm complaining. It's just there's 2 options for SE, and both lead to whining. Either things are too easy, and people whine they capped out in 5 minutes, or it's too hard, and people whine that they didn't cap out in 5 minutes.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 21 22