A SCH Gearswap...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A SCH Gearswap...
A SCH Gearswap...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Fallyn
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2019-12-07 10:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, that fixed it - crazy that it broke the whole thing haha.

Many thanks again for the help, time to get started on sets!
 Fenrir.Mumra
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mumra 2019-12-10 23:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible to copy the auto movement speed function of your Rdm.lua to the sch?
By DianC 2019-12-27 18:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

was running the old deprecated version still, trying to upgrade now. I downloaded the SCH_Lib.lua and the SCH.lua, put them both in the data folder of gearswap. when I try to load the sch.lua it says "could not find/load the inlcude(sch_lib).
It should be there, shouldn't it? what am I doing wrong?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-12-27 20:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am noticing that the skillchain window no longer shows as being open. Is there a new version that fixes this?
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-27 20:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DianC said: »
was running the old deprecated version still, trying to upgrade now. I downloaded the SCH_Lib.lua and the SCH.lua, put them both in the data folder of gearswap. when I try to load the sch.lua it says "could not find/load the inlcude(sch_lib).

At a glance, it looks like you're missing the .lua ? That has been stable for a lot of ppl for a long time now so it must be something on your end. I can't check atm as I am out of the country on travels with the holidays. The include should try to include Sch_Lib.lua not just Sch_Lib
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-27 20:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I am noticing that the skillchain window no longer shows as being open. Is there a new version that fixes this?

That hasn't broke afaik. It does only work on things you are targeting though. Are you not targeting the mob the SC is happening on? Do you have trust *** up your SC?
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-27 20:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mumra said: »
Would it be possible to copy the auto movement speed function of your Rdm.lua to the sch?

It's possible, it's requested. Haven't gotten to it yet. Soon(TM)
By DianC 2019-12-28 05:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
DianC said: »

At a glance, it looks like you're missing the .lua ? That has been stable for a lot of ppl for a long time now so it must be something on your end. I can't check atm as I am out of the country on travels with the holidays. The include should try to include Sch_Lib.lua not just Sch_Lib

In my own defense, I thought about that and checked for it, only to oversee a space between SCH _Lib.lua... I got that working now, thanks. But now I'm stuck at the next error:

Lua runtime error, Gearswap/flow.lua:102:
user event error, sch_lib.lua:1047: attempt to index local 'act' (a nil value)

which seems to refer to this section:
Code
windower.register_event('action', function(act)
	for _, target in pairs(act.targets) do
		local battle_target = windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_target("t")
		if battle_target ~= nil and target.id == battle_target.id then
			for _, action in pairs(target.actions) do
				if action.add_effect_message > 287 and action.add_effect_message < 302 then
					last_skillchain = skillchains[action.add_effect_message]
					mBurstOldValue = mBurst.value
                    MB_Window = 12
					MB_Time = os.time()
					validateTextInformation()
				end
			end
		end
	end
end)

Nevermind, figured this one out, too. Testing the new lua now. Thanks for your hard work!
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-28 08:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes the act error. Usually only happens on load from either a job swap just as you enter the mog house or when you log in the game from cold. I haven't figured out how to make that Bullet proof, or if it's super necessary tbh. It's tied to the game checking for things to init variables that aren't loaded yet, like the inventory... So a quick //gs r command fixes it. It shouldn't happen again while you're zoning but it could if you swap to sch super fast after zoning in your mog...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
By Ziggles 2020-02-12 01:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried using "gs c nuke t1" but it doesn't have a target. I feel like I'm missing something.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Stu
By Stu 2020-03-16 17:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the work on this lua - it's been great.

Using Send, is there a way I can do /console gs c nuke t5 from another char and send it to my SCH char with this lua loaded?
 Odin.Vikter
Server: Odin
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2020-03-24 00:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a way to make the lua cast accession with certain Aoe-able spells?
By Teazy 2020-04-15 18:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you're still updating this, but I gotta say this lua made SCH way more enjoyable! Great job.

I am having an issue that I can't figure out. When I try to use the specific element macro (e.g. gs c nuke Ice) the lua immediately switches back to the element that was selected with the cycle key. Oddly, the skillchain element stays for the element I selected.

Any way to fix this?
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-04-15 18:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's a bug I never got around to fix. It comes from the handle skillchain feature.

the specific element macro like gs c nuke Ice were basically intended so you can select something as opposed to cycle to it. IIRC the issue is that it doesnt save it as if you'd cycled to it.

I dont have a sub at the moment to test it though. It could likely be able to be fixed by making sure the proper variable are set to the proper element when usin gthe specific function.

iirc that could potentially be fixed with adding:

oldElement = elements.current

between line 772 and 773 in SCH_Lib.lua

Let me know if this works.
By Teazy 2020-04-16 16:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. That appears to have fixed it. You so smart!

Thanks a bunch!
Cheers
By Endtanis 2020-04-20 00:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ziggles said: »
I've tried using "gs c nuke t1" but it doesn't have a target. I feel like I'm missing something.

I'm having the same issue. I primarily use my laptop and everything works great, flawlessly.

When I backed up macro sets to server, copy/pasted my LUA files to the cloud and downloaded everything to my Desktop, everything looks fine, however, when I cast any Spell or Helix using the '/console gs c nuke t1-t5' I get an error onscreen saying "/ma "Blizzard V" ...A command error occurred.

I can't make sense of it. lol I've checked, double and triple checked everything is the same and I can log back onto my laptop and everything continues to work. The skillchain function seems to work without issue, just the individual casting of spells.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-04-20 16:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That happens when you are missing the shortcuts addon! ;)
[+]
 Siren.Tawny
Server: Siren
user: aashafox
By Siren.Tawny 2020-05-15 20:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks pretty cool.. I'm fairly new to sch and have been using the sch template that's in the gearswaps folder so it's simple.

Does the auto Sublimation supposed to keep it up, and if so what is the toggle for it? Cycling the idle didn't seem to do the trick.

The battle area of the HUD doesn't seem to show the right SC that the group I'm in is doing. They will do a fragmentation sc, and the battle area will show liquefaction. Is this for use when solo?
By Korgull 2020-05-15 22:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming here to say thanks for the lua, it made the hellish road to get 5/5 malignance much more bearable. After 400+ runs, having automated skillchains and elements helped made the fight a lot easier.

Now i can finally retire my SCH... lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-05-28 23:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
is it possible to change the burst check so it only reacts to the skill chain action packet?

That's exactly what the function starting on line 1041 in SCH_Lib.lua does. The spam in debug mode is likely coming from the function starting on line 1058.

The 1058 function is what's counting down the MB window and acting on the flag set by the one checking the packet on 1041.

I don't have a sub, so I can't test it. But please let me know if that helps.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-06-07 13:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lioncourt said: »
Also the function on line 1041 reacts on everything done on/by the target.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, yes it reacts to any action to check if it's a SC kind of action. But it doesn't do anything beyond validating the target isnt nil and in battle, then check for a SC type action, then it flips values for the rest of the functions to work.

I don't think there is another way to parse an action to find the SC action without checking each actions... It's like asking to let me know when a red car drives by in front of the house, but asking you to avoid looking through the window at the passing cars on the street. How are you then supposed to know when a red one goes by and alert me about it?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
By Jayf19 2020-08-09 18:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way your format can be used on WHM. I LOVE the HUD on your LUA's xD
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-08-10 12:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you can likely make a copy of SCH.lua and SCH_Lib.lua and call them WHM. Some stuff is going to be irrelevant (like the SC making stuff)And it's likely going to be lacking in WHM specific stuff...

The lua is still set to equip sets called by name like
Code
sets.precast['Sacrosanctity'] = {}

will work with the lua.

You can also refer to https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54410/a-gearswap-academia/ With that and reverse engineering the lua you could turn this into a WHM lua without much trouble.

I basically did the RDM lua that way (forking from the SCH lua).
[+]
By Jayf19 2020-08-11 08:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes a lot of sense, I will try to add the core functions of WHM in the lua.

Ultimately I shouldn't have to touch anything in the library though, right?

Also, just I'll take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your lua and also for sharing your knowledge on the scholar job thread. <(^.^)>
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Endtanis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Endtanis
By Ragnarok.Endtanis 2020-10-26 15:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if anyone has been experiencing an issue where when I'm casting (any spell), my gear will change but will immediately change back before the spell finishes casting so Magic Bursts aren't landing to full potency, etc.
 Shiva.Osborn
Server: Shiva
user: Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2020-10-26 16:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using Fast Follow, by chance?

This was a big issue with that addon but there is a fix.
 Ragnarok.Endtanis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Endtanis
By Ragnarok.Endtanis 2020-10-26 16:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Osborn said: »
Are you using Fast Follow, by chance?

This was a big issue with that addon but there is a fix.

I do have it autoloaded via init, but it's rarely enabled to follow. I just did a fresh reboot and per normal, it seems it's random. Sometimes it will work perfectly, others not. I will check the update for Fast Follow, though, thank you!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8