Antican Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
 Bahamut.Archdiocesan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Archdiocesan 2022-03-13 09:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alseyn said: »
the Japanese names for SCH abilities sure are exotic.

Ooh, I’m curious. Exotic in what sense?

Boss seems to reset hate after petrifying everyone. Without a good tank he runs at the player with the second highest amount of hate (usually WHM?) and smacks ‘em.

Not sure, but his Debris Storm move is just an enhanced Sandstorm and is thus magical earth damage, yeah? I don’t think that move was listed in the BG wiki entry for this ambuscade fight last time I checked.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-13 09:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The AOE petrify is hate reset, standard antican move. WHM resists so they keep their enmity.

And yes, Debris Storm is just renamed Sodstorm renamed Sand Rush, aka; enhanced sandstorm (darkness magic damage?)
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-03-13 09:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been able to reliably Climactic Rudras -> Rudras to kill the cactus in one round?

I tried as /SAM with Sekkanoki. I'd Meditate and No Foot Rise twice for TP, then engage the cactaur while the rest engage the ant. I use Climactic and Sekkanoki, then wait for it to run in range while engaged. When it runs up to do it's TP moves, I hit it twice with Rudras. The first always lands, but pretty consistently (3 times I tried), the second never does anything despite taking my TP and the animation going off. When I hit the second, it's still right next to me for a second or two, but nothing happens.

Using /DRG, I can take it down pretty hard the first Rudras, but RF takes too long to get the second WS off.
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-03-13 10:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Archdiocesan said: »

Well, maybe not exotic but fancy? A lot of the ability names for most jobs (not SAM or NIN) use English words (Defender, Invincible, etc.; GEO Lasting Emanation is 'Endure Emanate', and so on), while SCH ability names tend to use real-world complex four-kanji compounds that give them a learned-sounding flavour. For example Enlightenment is 大悟徹底, which actually means the same thing - "achieve enlightenment". Meanwhile the storms are "battle formations", e.g. Windstorm is 烈風の陣 (Violent Wind Formation), and Helix spells are 計略, which confusingly means "strategem" (and strategem charges are just called "Charge" instead).
When I translate videos like this I look at the Japanese wiki a lot to figure out the various abbreviations that get used. :V
By SimonSes 2022-03-13 11:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Has anyone been able to reliably Climactic Rudras -> Rudras to kill the cactus in one round?

I tried as /SAM with Sekkanoki. I'd Meditate and No Foot Rise twice for TP, then engage the cactaur while the rest engage the ant. I use Climactic and Sekkanoki, then wait for it to run in range while engaged. When it runs up to do it's TP moves, I hit it twice with Rudras. The first always lands, but pretty consistently (3 times I tried), the second never does anything despite taking my TP and the animation going off. When I hit the second, it's still right next to me for a second or two, but nothing happens.

Using /DRG, I can take it down pretty hard the first Rudras, but RF takes too long to get the second WS off.

I noticed that when this Ambuscade was before. Second Rudra misses a lot (or always?). I think it's some kind of hidden mechanic when consecutive use of WS by same person is either forced to miss or maybe forced to accuracy floor (20%). I just haven't figured out the details of this mechanic. It's definitely limited to one person, but I don't know if it needs to be same WS or any WS for example.
[+]
 Asura.Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-03-13 11:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Iamaman said: »

I noticed that when this Ambuscade was before. Second Rudra misses a lot (or always?). I think it's some kind of hidden mechanic when consecutive use of WS by same person is either forced to miss or maybe forced to accuracy floor (20%). I just haven't figured out the details of this mechanic. It's definitely limited to one person, but I don't know if it needs to be same WS or any WS for example.

The video posted earlier mentions that the cactuar becomes evasive to physical/magic during a skillchain (which is why they use Elemental Seal for the Death casts), so I guess that's related?
 Bahamut.Twiggmeister
By Bahamut.Twiggmeister 2022-03-13 13:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, same thing has been happening to me on SAM. If I use Konzen-ittai on cactaur and try to Fudo immediately after, it will completely miss or do like 3K damage. The mechanic seems to be forcing you to SC with another player.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2022-03-13 13:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Antican boss can be stunned. I kept stunning his sand trap
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-13 14:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Antican boss can be stunned. I kept stunning his sand trap

Like I said earlier, JP on the video keep stunning it to break his summoning, forcing it to renew it few times and during summoning boss takes like double damage.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-03-13 15:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Archdiocesan said: »

Well, maybe not exotic but fancy? A lot of the ability names for most jobs (not SAM or NIN) use English words (Defender, Invincible, etc.; GEO Lasting Emanation is 'Endure Emanate', and so on), while SCH ability names tend to use real-world complex four-kanji compounds that give them a learned-sounding flavour. For example Enlightenment is 大悟徹底, which actually means the same thing - "achieve enlightenment". Meanwhile the storms are "battle formations", e.g. Windstorm is 烈風の陣 (Violent Wind Formation), and Helix spells are 計略, which confusingly means "strategem" (and strategem charges are just called "Charge" instead).
When I translate videos like this I look at the Japanese wiki a lot to figure out the various abbreviations that get used. :V

We need cooler sounding abilities that we shout out like "Demon Tiger Fang".
[+]
 Asura.Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-03-13 16:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
We need cooler sounding abilities that we shout out like "Demon Tiger Fang".

Elemental Sforzo is pretty great!
[+]
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2022-03-13 20:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What about...

GUST OF WIND

DANCE
[+]
By Afania 2022-03-14 07:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Try to guess the speedrun jp vod

Something like get tp as fast as possible on cor (tact/sub sam/main sam shiki) 2 leadens > zerg ant

Nice guess!

Here is your Speedrun JP video with CORs, with explanation on how to setup macros.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-14 08:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

69(nice) seconds including buff time. Even my 75 second guess wasn't accounting for just how much power creep we've gotten.
[+]
By Afania 2022-03-14 08:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

69(nice) seconds including buff time. Even my 75 second guess wasn't accounting for just how much power creep we've gotten.

I think the fact that they only roll once(since pt has 4 cor for 4 rolls) makes quite a bit of difference. If they roll twice it would add another 30 sec lol.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-03-14 11:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

I think the fact that they only roll once(since pt has 4 cor for 4 rolls) makes quite a bit of difference. If they roll twice it would add another 30 sec lol.

They keep rolling during the fight - at the end they have 6 rolls up. They just dont wait for all buffs to be up to get started.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-14 12:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
They just dont wait for all buffs to be up to get started.

Seems like this is a JP thing. I have seen videos of them doing Ongo, Arebati etc where they zone in and immediately pull the boss and let the tank build hate, while the BRD/COR buff while fighting. But then again, I don't know if it's always feasible. JP live closer to servers, maybe their wardrobe gear loads faster. I noticed I have to sometimes wait a 30-45 seconds after zoning to even begin buffs, or some of them are cast in the wrong gear. Maybe in JP they don't have that problem, so they can buff right away after zoning.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-03-14 12:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
JP live closer to servers, maybe their wardrobe gear loads faster. I noticed I have to sometimes wait a 30-45 seconds after zoning to even begin buffs, or some of them are cast in the wrong gear. Maybe in JP they don't have that problem, so they can buff right away after zoning.

Shouldn't matter for gaol, since you can let bags load in lobby. Ashita4 users can use findall to instantly load bags too.
By Afania 2022-03-14 13:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
JP live closer to servers, maybe their wardrobe gear loads faster. I noticed I have to sometimes wait a 30-45 seconds after zoning to even begin buffs, or some of them are cast in the wrong gear. Maybe in JP they don't have that problem, so they can buff right away after zoning.

You can clearly see their loading time is just as long in the video. If you idle in roll set before you enter ambuscade, you can roll immediately right after you zone in without having to wait for wardrobe to load. Since the gear that you are currently wearing loads immediately.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-19 21:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [738 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-26 14:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the easier months. Rejoice.

Should even get it under a minute this time, if they're trying.

Everyone else tp the boss ws the cactus stun the sandstorm move and watch it fall over dead in 2 minutes
(Or conduit)
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-04-19 16:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-04-19 16:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »
No idea who was those ppls in my pt..they just invited me..so if I like to think how can I say like backwards no idea who they were..but..seems they rocked hole game..yea I was main meat shield and did my best.. no idea how this even happened chinese scripts idk... but I am confused atm ?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-19 16:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea who those ppl in my pt were..they just invited me..so I'm trying to determine how to say like backwards (?) no idea who they were..but..seems they rocked the whole game..yea I was main meat shield and did my best.. no idea how this even happened, maybe they used chinese scripts (?) idk... but I am confused atm ?

So...some people invited you to ambu and did a lot of damage, and now you're confused and think they used Chinese scripts to accomplish doing damage? Are you trying to figure out how to say "like" backwards, as in you didn't like them? Or...you're trying to figure out how to say backwards...?

I have no idea what you're trying to convey. Did you pass this through Google translate 4 times between 4 different languages before posting it to ffxiah?
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2024-04-19 16:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea who was those ppls in my pt..they just invited me..so if I like to think how can I say like backwards no idea who they were..but..seems they rocked hole game..yea I was main meat shield and did my best.. no idea how this even happened chinese scripts idk... but I am confused atm ?

[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-04-19 17:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm so 1st apogolies my 1st language is Finnish..and I have to say my english skills bit limited..but was kinda amazed how did this group did..yes I did my part..okay to put my story short just was amazed how fast they killed this ambu..no I did not used google I was just try speak in my mind.. I got 1 word for u in finnish Haista vittu..u can google it if u like. XD
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-19 17:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 1 word for u in finnish Haista vittu..u can google it if u like. XD

I'm no mathemagician, but I think that's 2 words.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-04-19 17:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I got 1 word for u in finnish Haista vittu..u can google it if u like. XD

I'm no mathemagician, but I think that's 2 words.
My mistake seems u r right <3
By Shichishito 2024-04-19 18:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »
Why did he *** die though?
Gozilla lives in japan and the country is known for good healthcare and after work drinking culture so a sip of alcohol and 2 aspirin can't have been hard to come buy till the paramedics arrive.

Clear case of denial of assistance.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-04-19 19:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I am health care worker just something came my mind XD
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12