Antican Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Aldolol
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-03-11 02:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been using no tank strategy for this month and has been working well so far.

SAM, WAR, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM.

Usual thing of build TP, kill the sabo in one pass, then just kill the main boss, during the main boss I have switch from frailty to barrier for some extra security. About 1 minute 30 fight time, don't think I've seen the boss use Mighty Strikes once yet.

I do this while 6 boxing so I am sure 6 playable characters could make this strat work even better, the geo does Melee for like a 30-40k black halo too on the sabo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-03-11 08:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What method are you using to get TP and then have everybody engage/WS the cactus at once while 6 boxing?
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-03-11 08:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
What method are you using to get TP and then have everybody engage/WS the cactus at once while 6 boxing?

Might be using Selindrile's ws another target function.
By Autherius 2022-03-11 10:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Cinzia said: »
ng Selindrile's ws another target function.

Would love to learn where to find that in the lua.
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-03-11 12:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This lua is amazing, some random guy made it and does exactally what you want it to do.. I take no credit for the addon just got lucky in it being sent to me

https://github.com/yyoshisaur/attack-related_addon
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-03-11 12:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
This lua is amazing, some random guy made it and does exactally what you want it to do.. I take no credit for the addon just got lucky in it being sent to me

https://github.com/yyoshisaur/attack-related_addon

Oooh spicy, thanks for linking this.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-03-11 14:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
I have been using no tank strategy for this month and has been working well so far.

SAM, WAR, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM.

Usual thing of build TP, kill the sabo in one pass, then just kill the main boss, during the main boss I have switch from frailty to barrier for some extra security. About 1 minute 30 fight time, don't think I've seen the boss use Mighty Strikes once yet.

I do this while 6 boxing so I am sure 6 playable characters could make this strat work even better, the geo does Melee for like a 30-40k black halo too on the sabo.

What's your difficulty? 1:30 fight and no Mighty Strikes (and killing sabo before any adds?) sounds like maybe D and not VD? If that's VD... impressive!
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-03-11 16:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The boss still spawns adds, one set of 3, they die super quick though. It is VD, will try and post something soon of how I do it. This one gets Mighty Strikes off at like 20% but a bit of Sand Trap bad luck can do that to you

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By alina 2022-03-11 17:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for sharing the video as well as the addon, looks like its pretty a pretty neat tool
By Draylo 2022-03-11 17:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Using every addon and bot under the sun lol. Impressive.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-11 18:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

when the camera is off taco is on chasing the cactuar.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-03-11 18:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta make sure to turn off GM mode, that makes it legit.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-03-11 18:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What bot do you think I am using, I just use the addons which I literally mentioned above? Happy for you to critique, but at least spit true ***rather than just assuming I am botting
By Shichishito 2022-03-11 19:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe JP brigade can answer that question.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-03-11 21:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat video Aldo. I've never seen the distance thing down there next to PartyBuffs. Is that a modified version of PartyBuffs or something totally different?
 Odin.Phinneus
Server: Odin
user: ayer
By Odin.Phinneus 2022-03-12 01:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Neat video Aldo. I've never seen the distance thing down there next to PartyBuffs. Is that a modified version of PartyBuffs or something totally different?
https://github.com/Petewilmer/DParty
By SimonSes 2022-03-12 10:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look 2x BLM in meta setup :)

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-12 11:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH BLM(?) GEO SAM BLU

Immanence nuke(helix) the cactus and multistep the ant with bursts, 75 seconds, I said 75 originally exactly but changed it 90. Silly me.

Not entirely sure at all what the BLU did, 2 ineffective sudden lunges and?

Hey! No deleting the damn video lol.

[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-12 15:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

didn't study the video but considering how short the full battle is i assume he went for tearing gust for the -30 MDB which apparently is more potent than the 75% nerfed bolstered geo-malaise.

got to love the title screen of that video.
By Izanami 2022-03-12 18:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja hybrid weapon skills work well this month, but require a Malaise bubble. Use Blade: To on the Cactuar and Blade: Teki on the Antica. Blade: To might work well on the Antica as well, but I was getting good results from Teki so I didn't give To many trials in the few runs I've done on Ninja.

The boss was taking 40k~55k damage from Blade: Teki with spikes over 70k~80k. Savage Blade appeared to perform similarly to Blade: Teki on the boss, with my few uses dealing around 50k~55k damage. The Cactuar regularly took 80k+ damage from Blade: To and the Antica adds seemed to regularly take 70k+ damage from Blade: Teki.

Excluding the almost guaranteed 99999 damage dealt during the windows of enhanced damage on the boss while he tries to summon adds:
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-03-13 00:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
didn't study the video but considering how short the full battle is i assume he went for tearing gust for the -30 MDB which apparently is more potent than the 75% nerfed bolstered geo-malaise.

got to love the title screen of that video.
Going off memory, the NM took really high magic damage if you could land magic bursts while it was attempting summons of adds even if they fail because the cactuar is dead. They can just maximize that since they aren't losing time pulling back for safer position or anything, just going immediately for the kill.
By SimonSes 2022-03-13 04:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

First of all I'm aware that you won't notice this response, unless someone will quote it for you, because you have me blocked and you have already missed someone deleting video link because it was double of my post.

Anyway back to the topic. You should know by now, that JP players almost never showcase something ineffective. Sudden Lunge wasn't ineffective. If you look closely you will notice Consul start summon animation twice after each sudden Lunge, which means stuns connected. So they prolong window of boss taking double damage with those stuns.
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-03-13 05:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

First of all I'm aware that you won't notice this response, unless someone will quote it for you, because you have me blocked and you have already missed someone deleting video link because it was double of my post.

Anyway back to the topic. You should know by now, that JP players almost never showcase something ineffective. Sudden Lunge wasn't ineffective. If you look closely you will notice Consul start summon animation twice after each sudden Lunge, which means stuns connected. So they prolong window of boss taking double damage with those stuns.

Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-03-13 05:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey! No deleting the the damn video lol.

I mean someone already posted it literally the post before yours.
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-03-13 07:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the basics from reading the subtitles and watching the video:

Composition: SAM BLM BLM BLU SCH GEO
Pro/Shell/Regen before entry
After entry, Entrust-Haste on the SAM, AOE Erratic Flutter, SAM roll (from sub /COR)

SAM tanks boss, SCH/BLM/BLM delete cactus with Immanence skillchain and Elemental Sealed Death (it gets an eva/meva spike during a skillchain so you need elemental seal).

SAM and BLU apply Ageha and Tearing Gust to boss, then BLU spams Sudden Lunge.

GEO does Ind-Frailty/BoG-Eclyptic Malaise, SCH gives BLMs Windstorm and uses Enlightenment to cast Blindna on the SAM (they'll be cutting it close with accuracy).

SAM skillchains: Jinpu > Ageha [Grav] > Shoha [Frag] > Kasha [Light] > Fudo [Light], then Rana > Shoha [Frag] > Kasha > [Light]

(Both BLMs are killing the sabotender with Death up until around Ageha, then Myrkr and cast Aeroja to burst the first Fragmentation, followed by regular Aero-line spells. SCH and GEO are bursting as well.)

As a side note the Japanese names for SCH abilities sure are exotic.
Also... it looks like the GEO is standing south of the boss so if you want to replicate this strategy and you're the GEO, stand on the east or west side of the boss for big Cardinal Chant gains :V
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-13 07:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Yes, that's who I was talking to. They posted the video, and I was watching it then replied and they deleted the post. So I had to post the video.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-03-13 08:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Yes, that's who I was talking to. They posted the video, and I was watching it then replied and they deleted the post. So I had to post the video.

No its still there it hasn't been deleted.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-13 08:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It is on my screen. I have other poster blocked and couldn't see it.

So it is what it is.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12