Ask The FFXI Development Team Your Questions!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ask the FFXI development team your questions!
Ask the FFXI development team your questions!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By fonewear 2018-05-31 20:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ashstar said: »
I wasn't highI dont even smoke! That was just pure boredom and inspiration on making the idea interesting. At least that sounds more interesting than the crappy storylines we are getting lately IMO. The merger would be for the same class of weapon of course. Except for bard which a macbook is okay.

The issue is that I have a gungnir, and soon a Aeonic, and halfway through empy lance. Soo I have this problem, Aeonic gives me ultimate SC, but Gungnir allows Skillchain flexibility and a nice AM effect. I want both AM on me. ultimate skillchain and the boost if i were to make a macro and just swap them around. SE does not allow me to do that. WHY?? I see no reason why not.

Also it will be fun to see shouts in asura requesting that weapon. Then the standard its not just a rema but all of them.

Asura is the best server ever!

I want the story line to involve really big dragons and flying carpets...also we should glow more !

Also when monk punches stuff I want it to say POW and ZAP in comic book bubbles.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-31 20:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Also when monk punches stuff I want it to say POW and ZAP in comic book bubbles.

You have just identified the only reason I'd ever play MNK. Make me Adam West era Batman and I'm on that ***.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-06-28 10:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Answers are up
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-06-28 10:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Latest Q&A is up from the reddit "most upvoted questions" thread awile back: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8svrxg/the_final_fantasy_xi_development_team_answers/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 10:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Funk....lol
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-28 10:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

You have just identified the only reason I'd ever play MNK. Make me Adam West era Batman and I'm on that ***.
Agreed
 Asura.Zenoxio
Server: Asura
user: Zenoxio
By Asura.Zenoxio 2018-06-28 11:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The Q&A has arrived!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8svrxg/the_final_fantasy_xi_development_team_answers/

[EDIT] /late
By Justuas 2018-06-28 11:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We know it has been said two times already.
By fonewear 2018-06-28 11:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer for monk is disappointing to say the least:

Q15) What are your plans for Monks in the future?
A15) Since the development team has become more compact and many things are being divided up among a small number of people, and we had equipment to upgrade such as RME, adjustments to jobs themselves were kept to a minimum. We can see that the overhaul on equipment is coming to an end, so we are now going to make adjustment to jobs (not just monk). We may ask for the players’ opinions when that time comes, so please be sure to help us then.

There you have it monk is fixed !
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-28 11:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer for monk is disappointing to say the least:

Q15) What are your plans for Monks in the future?
A15) Since the development team has become more compact and many things are being divided up among a small number of people, and we had equipment to upgrade such as RME, adjustments to jobs themselves were kept to a minimum. We can see that the overhaul on equipment is coming to an end, so we are now going to make adjustment to jobs (not just monk). We may ask for the players’ opinions when that time comes, so please be sure to help us then.

There you have it monk is fixed !
Lol some *** stick asked about relic WS unlocked lol. I mean if they did that what’s the point if the relics? It’s pretty obvious why they aren’t.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-28 11:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When the time comes for monk I hope they agree to my thinking to make monk way overpowered. To the point it makes all other jobs obsolete. Something like with every hit the chance to break 99k dmg cap per hit.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-28 11:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"We heard you and changed Boost back to normal method. No further MNK adjustments. w"
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-28 11:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd laugh really hard if the nerf monk even more and made summoner more powerful.

What will realistically happen is more dmg on H2H maybe add a small WS DMG like 10% and call it a day.

Cause we all know everyone is worried about PUP being over powered !
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-28 11:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd laugh really hard if the nerf monk even more and made summoner more powerful.

What will realistically happen is more dmg on H2H maybe add a small WS DMG like 10% and call it a day.

Cause we all know everyone is worried about PUP being over powered !
Uhh monk 4 life
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-28 11:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

When the time comes for monk I hope they agree to my thinking to make monk way overpowered. To the point it makes all other jobs obsolete. Something like with every hit the chance to break 99k dmg cap per hit.
Don’t forget the sound effects too
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-28 11:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really glad this was answered:

What's the deal with the Cardian Cards? They have been in the game since day 1, and aside from one or two of them they have never served any kind of purpose that players could figure out. A fair amount of the dev. team’s time must have been spent coding all those monsters to drop special cards that all have their own special art, descriptions, etc. That's a huge amount of effort spent on seemingly pointless content! What was the goal here? A player experiment? Planned content that got dropped at some point? A secret Easter egg? Something for the players to scratch our heads over?

A10) The “Cardian Card” is an item that has been implemented since service started in 2002, and at the time, we were preparing to use it in a project we were planning. However, a concrete project ultimately never came to be, and that’s where we are today. One of the reasons is a problem with the opportunities for it to drop, but that’s a separate discussion.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-28 11:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really glad this was answered:

What's the deal with the Cardian Cards? They have been in the game since day 1, and aside from one or two of them they have never served any kind of purpose that players could figure out. A fair amount of the dev. team’s time must have been spent coding all those monsters to drop special cards that all have their own special art, descriptions, etc. That's a huge amount of effort spent on seemingly pointless content! What was the goal here? A player experiment? Planned content that got dropped at some point? A secret Easter egg? Something for the players to scratch our heads over?

A10) The “Cardian Card” is an item that has been implemented since service started in 2002, and at the time, we were preparing to use it in a project we were planning. However, a concrete project ultimately never came to be, and that’s where we are today. One of the reasons is a problem with the opportunities for it to drop, but that’s a separate discussion.
The dumbest question ever asked.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-06-28 13:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my questions was answered...
Quote:
Q14) What ever happened to being able to use Accession then Haste/Flurry? It was confirmed years ago that this would be done, yet it is still not implemented.
A14) Considering the current job performance of scholar, making it so Accession could be used in conjunction with Haste and Flurry would cause the demand for scholars to further increase. As such, we aren’t thinking of doing this at the moment.

So because SCH is useful, they won't increase it's usefulness. Also, this wouldn't make the job more appealing for invites. They can already cast Haste and Flurry, if /rdm. It just makes it easier for the SCH to AoE the spells, versus needing a minute to cast on a full party.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 14:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
The dumbest question ever asked.

Cheese Sandwich disagrees.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2018-06-28 14:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone knew this was the answer to this, that it was either an intentionally-useless item or far-more-likely an abandoned item.

What's scary is that next time, there will be someone eager to have that discussion, and devloper eager to waste time on a reply.

I personally like how they keep going back to blah blah, small team, when its halfassing content and planning that gave them the small team. The mere fact that so many of you can muster passion about a limping game says that it would still be popular had it been led correctly by people who understood the game and tested it every now and then, instead of people who balanced around a glitch for four years.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-29 14:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How SE devs work:

It's a sweaty Japanese guy saying developers...then they do nothing.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2018-07-04 10:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though my expectations were low, I'm disappointed.
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-07-04 13:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts about Monk rework.
Monk has the most HP at of any jobs of the game, so you cant really expect it to keep up with damage with Blue mage, Dark Knight or Rune fencer for instance when it has a ridiculous amount of HP to work with. There has to be a draw back from being practically Un-killable

Asura.Eiryl said: »
As if they care about anything an NA player wants to know. ***is a farce. They don't even have anyone on staff to do english translation anymore.

Your always so Negative Eiryl haven't you ever heard of if you have nothing nice to say its best to say nothing at all? I was one of the players that suggested each job should have a second two hour abilities at the time summoners perfect defense with scholar embrava was all the hype, and at the time certain 2 hour abilities would make jobs seem useless. I posted this over in ffxiclopedias forums which are closed now. Anyways they do listen if you give them substance to listen to.

so What do i think are adjustments to be made in the game?
I think Weapon skills like Savage Blade and Chant du Cygne do entirely too much damage in comparison to 2 handed weapon skills, So i think they should buff Great Axe, Great Katana, Katana, Polearm and Scythe weapon skills. I wouldn't mind seeing a small adjustment to dagger weapon skills as well, as I think they nerfed it too hard when they did.

Instead of Nerfing Summoner, I would just like to see content that Summoners can't complete. Maybe a monster that rages when you use pets on it, or a monster that devours all the pets and gets stronger because that would be hilarious.

I also would like to see Bahamut and Hades summons for summoners, and I would like to see Odin and Alexander get blood pacts like normal summoners. While we are on that note I think that Dragoon should get blood pacts too for their pets, maybe make it to where their pets can grow into a monstrous wyvern I think Dragoon is in a worse place then Monk right now because you cant rationalize bringing Dragoon when their pets die off so easily and there not much of a point when their pets die off so easily outside of soloing.

I would like to see the effect of treasure hunter multiplied, it should be extremely useful and making things drop and give a noticeable difference.. I don't think 8% increase is a noticeable enough difference if Thiefs damage is going to be so weak when compared to other jobs at least boosts it role in what its suppose to do.

My ideas for next jobs is Freelancer, Oracle and Tribal Native.

Freelancer would be a job that gets a boost from each job you have mastered, a weird tank that uses Spear and can set traits simular to blue mage.
Oracle would be a job that focus on ying yang magic (inspired from final fantasy tactics) so they would specialize in using Dark magic and divine magic, maybe they would get spells that put up a damage shield on players..
I am Inspired to encourage Square Enix to make the Tribal Native job for a few reasons, first of all we only have 2 jobs that use archery weapons Samurai and Ranger, and it seems like we only have 2 main ranged damage jobs Corsair and Ranger. So to me Tribal Native would be a job thats inspired from Final Fantasy 2 Rosa character, it would cast enhancing magic spells while attacking things from a distance with its bow.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-04 13:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »

Oh god...
By fonewear 2018-07-04 13:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of adding new jobs...they should hire 2 or 3 more devs to put out content more than once a year.
[+]
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-07-04 13:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

for me though, when content comes out too quickly its really frustrating it becomes harder to complete the content that I want to and I feel like every time i try to climb the ladder I get reset back down to the bottom again. This is what I experienced with everquest in 2003, and at that time i played that game a lot. I reached the level cap and then the level cap became 10 levels higher I think it more important to release content of quality then content of quantity.

However; I would like to see another storyline arc, perhaps we can go the the Mithra homeworld? Maybe make male mithras a playable race for us.. I have nothing against more content generally. Likewise I am very statisfied with trying to finish my BRD mythic at my current pace. I have real life things to do as well...
By fonewear 2018-07-04 14:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

for me though, when content comes out too quickly its really frustrating it becomes harder to complete the content that I want to and I feel like every time i try to climb the ladder I get reset back down to the bottom again. This is what I experienced with everquest in 2003, and at that time i played that game a lot. I reached the level cap and then the level cap became 10 levels higher I think it more important to release content of quality then content of quantity.

However; I would like to see another storyline arc, perhaps we can go the the Mithra homeworld? Maybe make male mithras a playable race for us.. I have nothing against more content generally. Likewise I am very statisfied with trying to finish my BRD mythic at my current pace. I have real life things to do as well...

Too quickly...we are lucky if we get new stuff once a year.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-07-04 16:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually roll my eyes when people post stuff like this. But I have to admit that these jobs sound fun. Never gonna happen, but still fun.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-07-04 16:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For people who have multiple jobs and can't be playing 6 hours a day, the rate of increase is good enough. I still wanna do Omen for stuff and it's been out for a while now.
By fonewear 2018-07-04 16:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
For people who have multiple jobs and can't be playing 6 hours a day, the rate of increase is good enough. I still wanna do Omen for stuff and it's been out for a while now.

I don't know. I guess I'm in the minority that doesn't consider doing Ambu over and over as content.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8