Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Garbage Campaigns Next Month
Garbage Campaigns Next Month
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By clearlyamule 2018-01-31 15:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My biggest pet peeve for delve is the stupid pop items. Was going well last campaign for awhile mostly just farming for mats for myself. Then one night was going to do 1 more set and bam took almost an hour to farm the 3 pops for me and my mules.

SE wont update VW though because they have this crazy idea that droprates should be based on how much an entire alliance would get
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-31 15:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like the rate would be pretty decent, if they would remove/adjust the slot.

Pretty insulting to get 99 abjs. And the dialabj is even more insulting. (most of them werent even good at the time...)

Gotta love those Fajin boots that should've/could've been a pouch.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2018-01-31 15:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Pil used to be way better than pure Heavy Metal farming back when Pil's tuilles were worth 1m+.

In 200 kills, which took about 3 hours during campaign, you'd get about 65 plates and 10 Tiulles, for ~18m.

A long time ago, people tended to agree that the drops you got from kaggen/pil/akvan far outweighed the low % of pouches (and low plates per pouch). Single HMP from t3 is ~40% vs ~7 plate pouches @ 5%

(8/20 singles vs 7/20 qilin/aello) (rough numbers etc)

At some point people decided they'd rather do pouches.

But yeah, delve (with campaign up) is more money, but more effort.

The point when opinions changed from kaggen, pil, akvan to pouches, pouches, pouches was when they added the drops to login points. 2 mil item dropping to 200k in a week.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-31 15:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but those are once a year (maybe twice?) so the prices dip and recover. (log in campaigns really can be ridiculous... I did get over 100 kaggen's cuticles last time..............)

HMP is on a steady downward trend. (thanks ambuscade)
[+]
 Asura.Chocobits
user: Chocotaku
By Asura.Chocobits 2018-01-31 19:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Sounds like trolling to me, lol. Heavy Metal is only less than 60k each now, if I remember correctly VW campaign Gil/per used to be 2m/hr avg per character back when it was 100k/each, now it's probably more like 1.5m/hr per character avg.

My fastest Kamihr run with 2 people(COR+GEO) + 1 leech is 9 min by leaden self darkness SC + AE cleaving. After 1hr of spamming, assuming 10 min break between KI renewal or small wc breaks between runs, that would be 5 runs in an hour= 900k(180k x 5 = 900k) plasm/hr= 3 delve mat.

1 waktza crest or cehuetzi pelt = 650k minimum, 3=1.95m gil/hr each person. And the price may even go back up next month if delve mats no longer buyable with log in points.

Assuming 2 pelts drops in 5 runs and split 3 ways, each person adds another 430k. So that's roughly 2.4m/hr per character in delve. If you split 2 ways(since 3rd person is just a leech) that's 2.6m/hr.

The only advantage of doing VW for gil is that you can alt tab YouTube videos/bot/afk/or multi box 3+ characters for more gil. Otherwise delve is way better for Gil farm IMO.

Never mind the fact that VW farming is horribly boring and frustrating due to RNG factor in it. At least delve income is consistent and it provides opportunities to help newer people by letting them leech plasm/gears. So bonus point to good karma.

CP campaign doesn't always benefit everyone. For people that doesn't need CP, it just makes other random event party harder to make for zero benefit. On average it takes 30 min for me to organize an ambu VD pt on NA prime time whenever I want to do them by dragging people from LS, whenever CP campaign is active itd take more than a couple of hours if entire LS are CPing, people are also less willing to do ambuscade even if they still need a lot of points. So it only really benefits people that needs CP, for those who doesn't need CP it's actually an disadvantage.

I'd take delve campaign over CP and VW personally.

(*brb resubbing)

Not sure I'm getting your math here. You say you're doing 5-6 runs per hour and getting an average of 3 crafting items per hour. You say this is equal to $1.9+M gil. You go on to say this is per person.. that's the part I raised an eyebrow. This looks like a math fail. Are you saying each individual person is getting 3+ crafting items per hour? Because if not, you're not dividing total gil per hour by total number of participants.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-31 19:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chocobits said: »
Are you saying each individual person is getting 3+ crafting items per hour?
Yes. 6 runs at 210k plasm = ~1260k plasm = 4 mats from plasm. Direct drops are extra.
 Asura.Chocobits
user: Chocotaku
By Asura.Chocobits 2018-01-31 19:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Yes. 6 runs at 210k plasm = ~1260k plasm = 4 mats from plasm. Direct drops are extra.

I see that I failed to calculate extra plasm. Where is the 210k plasm number coming into play? I thought the max was 180k per run during campaign? Thanks.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-31 20:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

750 + 1500 + 2250 + 4500 + 5625 + 90,000 = 104625, + some trash mobs, doubled for campaign
By Afania 2018-01-31 21:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I didn't calculate the extra plasm from other NM and trash mobs. If you can somehow get 1 more mat from those after 1hr that would make delve even better.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-01-31 21:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Spam Yorica, build all the idris/epeo, and then use all the boles to craft brd su3 +1.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-07 06:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone quitting over the bad Login Campaign? Is anyone re-subbing just so that they can unsub in protest?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-07 07:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Is anyone quitting over the bad Login Campaign? Is anyone re-subbing just so that they can unsub in protest?
Yes omg I don’t get the free stuff I want! Whine whine ;(.

Jk
By fonewear 2018-02-07 10:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yea I'm definitely coming back to FFXI after a 10 year break for a special statue !
By zaxtiss 2018-02-07 10:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Oh yea I'm definitely coming back to FFXI after a 10 year break for a special statue !
hmmm sexy dancer! :)
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-07 10:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

People quit the game all the time. You don't need a lousy campaign as the reason to quit.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-07 10:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

People quit the game all the time. You don't need a lousy campaign as the reason to quit.
You’re right :quits because fone said so:
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-07 10:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is we've come to expect better campaigns. And when the campaign is kinda meh people will be disappointed.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-07 10:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is we've come to expect better campaigns. And when the campaign is kinda meh people will be disappointed.
Fact and the point to that statement is simple: welcome to life with many disappointments.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-02-07 11:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

These campaign's suck

But if your unsubbing because of this you are probably worthless.

Nothing of value lost
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-07 11:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
These campaign's suck

Nothing of value lost
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-02-07 11:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
These campaign's suck

Nothing of value lost

Calm down hotshot, didn't say I was quitting. The campaigns and yes the login campaign this month are pure ***. No reason to quit though. In the word of Drakenv "Fact".
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-07 11:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry I heard next month they are going to do a Delve campaign too but with like 10 times the plasm !
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-02-07 12:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to check if you were the op..

You have no goals in this game that your unsubbing till march or april? Thats sounds like a quiter

If the shoe fits blah blah blah
By Nyarlko 2018-02-10 02:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Came up with a simple way to implement an SR campaign. :D
Kinda figure that the biggest reason we have not seen one yet is not that people are still running it, but that the rewards are randomly generated by the menu after winning, which would probably make it a programming nightmare to do any sort of significant changes to... So, how about after you pick your normal loot after winning, you get a direct/bonus drop of one of the ANV items like https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Dec.:_August too?

This is basically how they did the Vagary campaign, would bypass the need for the menu to generate new random items twice, and give us an extra shot for gear. Those Decanter items also stack to 99, which would be a lot more convenient for spamming sessions than inventory getting clogged with more direct gear drops.

Don't worry I heard next month they are going to do a Delve campaign too but with like 10 times the plasm !

That.. would be stupidly amazing if you actually want the items and stupidly horrible if you wanted to sell them. @_@
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-02-10 02:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

One alternative way to implement a SR campaign would be to let players select which bosses they want to fight. That automatically reduces the randomness of the current drop system.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-10 03:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
One alternative way to implement a SR campaign would be to let players select which bosses they want to fight. That automatically reduces the randomness of the current drop system.

That is equivalent to rebuilding the entire event, which is NOT going to happen. Asking for an extra random item from a pool of only 9x possibilities seems quite doable by comparison, and most definitely easier to implement.
[+]