user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 12:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Im sure everyone wants CP, dynamis, omen, vagary, gaes fate campaign in a permanent loop. That is not going to happen.

Delve and seal battlefield campaign is ok. Can farm up pops for escha or the shark for gil.

This content is perfectly suited for returning, new and less well geared groups and you know they exist.
Naw just give me perma infinite dark matter trollings

Earlybird grats on your PET: INT +10 augments.
Nothing beats katana pet augments...

Just got this today. Its needed for when you /smn mew
Lol hmm nin/smn I need haste! :summons Garuda:(because that booty tho)
By clearlyamule 2018-01-30 12:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Im sure everyone wants CP, dynamis, omen, vagary, gaes fate campaign in a permanent loop. That is not going to happen.

Delve and seal battlefield campaign is ok. Can farm up pops for escha or the shark for gil.

This content is perfectly suited for returning, new and less well geared groups and you know they exist.
Naw just give me perma infinite dark matter trollings

Earlybird grats on your PET: INT +10 augments.
Honestly wish I could get more. Can never seem to get more than 2 pet augs on the same piece or even values higher than I can normally get.
By maxiel 2018-01-30 13:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I think the only bad thing about this campaign is no Alter Ego HP and status resistance. I kinda thought that was a staple for each campaign and it'll suck to see them rendered useless on a few things.
By Pantafernando 2018-01-30 13:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For shark you mean Dakuwaqa? I dont get why he would be reference for money as the delve 2 zones have better drops/more plasm, unless im missing something.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-30 13:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume he means Pakecet, maybe (Marjami Delve items to pop it)?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-30 13:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

For shark you mean Dakuwaqa? I dont get why he would be reference for money as the delve 2 zones have better drops/more plasm, unless im missing something.

Teeth, for relic+3 feet, specifically, or could've meant pakecet, looks like *beaten
By Pantafernando 2018-01-30 13:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And, seeing the current limited time RoE, I just noticed another good aspect of the next month campaign (ok, a poor man good aspect but well). With increased rate for crest and seal drop, that means that probably the second best limited time RoE for spark/accolade farming will be Spoil (seals) if you go with a party.
By Taint 2018-01-30 13:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kilorilo said: »
Aren't HMP droprates the same no matter what?

According to Kincard's translation of a JP Dev post:
Quote:
Voidwatch (2017/4/20)

How do the Blue and Red Alignments affect the drop rates for Empyrean materials?
We tend not to disclose all the mechanics behind how items drop, but we will share with you some information regarding “Red Alignment” and “Heavy Metal”.

Red Alignment affects the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”. By using the item “Rubicund Cell” to increase Red Alignment by 150%, the item “Heavy Metal” will be added to the list of potential drops! Increasing the alignment further will have no effects on the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”.

Original source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/353-%E6%95%99%E3%81%88%E3%81%A6%EF%BC%81%E9%96%8B%E7%99%BA%E3%81%95%E3%82%93%EF%BC%81?p=595621&viewfull=1#post595621

After doing about 10,000 VW stones. Ruby needs to be 150 (as stated) to get plates. So campaign does not matter if you have all the abyssites. (you start with 150) Campaign Ruby actually leads to lots of Abjurations, Rare/ex items and scrolls, that take the place of plates/cinders etc.

Cobalt however plays into the drop rate. If you don't trade Cobalt cells (event off) you will rarely get plates/cinders etc. (1-2 drops per chest) If you trade cobalts they drop frequently. (3+ slots)

In an ideal environment you would cap Cobalt but not Ruby.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-30 14:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Quote:
Voidwatch (2017/4/20)

How do the Blue and Red Alignments affect the drop rates for Empyrean materials?
We tend not to disclose all the mechanics behind how items drop, but we will share with you some information regarding “Red Alignment” and “Heavy Metal”.

Red Alignment affects the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”. By using the item “Rubicund Cell” to increase Red Alignment by 150%, the item “Heavy Metal” will be added to the list of potential drops! Increasing the alignment further will have no effects on the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”.

Original source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/353-%E6%95%99%E3%81%88%E3%81%A6%EF%BC%81%E9%96%8B%E7%99%BA%E3%81%95%E3%82%93%EF%BC%81?p=595621&viewfull=1#post595621

After doing about 10,000 VW stones. Ruby needs to be 150 (as stated) to get plates. So campaign does not matter if you have all the abyssites. (you start with 150) Campaign Ruby actually leads to lots of Abjurations, Rare/ex items and scrolls, that take the place of plates/cinders etc.

Cobalt however plays into the drop rate. If you don't trade Cobalt cells (event off) you will rarely get plates/cinders etc. (1-2 drops per chest) If you trade cobalts they drop frequently. (3+ slots)

It's been tested; cobalt only affects drop rates of non-unique items, and has no effect on items like HMP or equipment.

Ask Byrthnoth if you want details.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-30 14:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I always felt that getting more drops ie cobalt capping was better. But all the testing done never convinced me either way.

And as cheap as cells are (crour is literal garbage) why would you not use them.

But, I also keep the ingots/gems/logs and npc to cover the cost of displacers, so /bias
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-30 14:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Teeth, for relic+3 feet, specifically, or could've meant pakecet, looks like *beaten

Good catch. this campaign is a good boost to those looking to +2 some relic gear, since both feet and hands require x3 Bztavian Stinger OR Rockfin Tooth, depending on the piece.

Following this line of logic, it appears next Dynamis Windy drop will clearly be headgear, and +2 will require x3 Gabbrath Horns. +3 will require x3 Defiant Scarf, which is Palloritus's other drop. Can we deduced by following the 119 empy/+2/+3 relic upgrade items and comparing the trend.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-30 14:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Following this line of logic, it appears next Dynamis Windy drop will clearly be headgear, and +2 will require x3 Gabbrath Horns. +3 will require x3 Defiant Scarf, which is Palloritus's other drop. Can we deduced by following the 119 empy/+2/+3 relic upgrade items and comparing the trend.

Should've bought out the AH before you told everyone the secret, byebye free money
[+]
By Taint 2018-01-30 14:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Quote:
Voidwatch (2017/4/20)

It's been tested; cobalt only affects drop rates of non-unique items, and has no effect on items like HMP or equipment.

Calling absolute BS on this. When campaign is over go do 100 stones with no cells. Just zerg the mob, no procs. Then trade cobalts, do the same. Do 1000 each if you want a larger sample, but you'll get next to zero plates without cobalt.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-30 14:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Should've bought out the AH before you told everyone the secret, byebye free money

I don't have that kind of money, and with my luck, plus I think the market price for delve mats is gonna tank soon anyways. Just had a login campaign + a delve campaign. Vagary prices never seem to really lower out since it takes more of a coordinated team to complete vs steamrolling delve. Not sure you can make a serious stash of money off of buying and selling this stuff, since they are so inconsistent with their campaigns. Sometimes you have to hold stuff and wait to sell.

From what I posted above, its extremely easy to see what the upgrade materials will be for head, legs, and body. So people can start amassing mats right now if they want to.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-01-30 14:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped using cobalt some time ago, and decided to use Rubicund only. I get just as much really, although it's hard to tell. It doesn't feel like Cobalt affects HMPs, and for a while I did it without Rubicund too, and seemed to get more HMPs. I could have just been lucky though, and I only do it during a campaign. I've had plenty of HMPs without Cobalt (and some without either), but I don't keep a record or anything.
By Taint 2018-01-30 14:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I stopped using cobalt some time ago, and decided to use Rubicund only. I get just as much really, although it's hard to tell. It doesn't feel like Cobalt affects HMPs, and for a while I did it without Rubicund too, and seemed to get more HMPs. I could have just been lucky though, and I only do it during a campaign. I've had plenty of HMPs without Cobalt (and some without either), but I don't keep a record or anything.

Campaign and no campaign are two different animals.

During campaign i don’t use any cells. Outside of campaign you need cobalts. (Or proc to get blue)
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-01-30 14:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, the VW Campaign is really "Do VW without filling your inventory first with cells."

My inventory is wrecked (my own fault for having 80+ pieces of furniture because reasons...), so I'll do a set of like 12 pops hoping for a pulse I haven't gotten from the Gobbie yet (don't get me started on this game's tendency to reward drops outside of content better than within its content of origin) before NPCing my gems and logs and moving on with my life.

Which brings me back to the OP... You are complaining that boredom must never set in for others when you are complaining that the two most boring things to do in the game aren't part of a campaign? Both CP and VW are both so simple and boring that many bot these processes...
You may well have better success at both of these things outside of campaign due to camps and pop spots not being as contested.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-30 14:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares about HMP drop rates will it help me get more dross!?! This ochain aint gunna afterglow itself
By Staleyx 2018-01-30 14:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

CP is endgame.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-30 14:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Voidwatch (2017/4/20)

Calling absolute BS on this. When campaign is over go do 100 stones with no cells. Just zerg the mob, no procs. Then trade cobalts, do the same. Do 1000 each if you want a larger sample, but you'll get next to zero plates without cobalt.
I have tried that, and sorry if I don't take your word of mouth account as reliable.

Byrthnoth's testing used automatically collected data to check 10,000s (might have even been 100,000s) of kills with and without cobalt.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 15:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Voidwatch (2017/4/20)

After doing 8 emps for myself/3 alts and farming half of them during the VW campaign without using cobalts 0 to nothing on plates is idiotically incorrect. Mind you I run VW with 4 characters (no ones got time for that.) I spammed qilin and one character came thf. Any idiot that tells you TH has 0 influence on VW can’t read and does 0 research. About 7 years ago maybe 6 when they made an update to have TH have influence oh here it is:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38764-Dec-11-2013-%28JST%29-Version-Update#threads/11231-July-12-2011-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=141693&highlight=Treasure+Hunter#post141693

“ ▪ The names of players who successfully strike enemy weaknesses are now displayed in the log window.
* A new alignment bonus called Synchronic Blitz has been added, which grants players who inflict damage on a weakened enemy a full-spectrum alignment boost based upon the percentage of the monster’s HP depleted.
* A minor full-spectrum alignment bonus based upon the player's Treasure Hunter effect level will now be granted upon defeating an enemy.
Basically TH has an influence they also added more to this when they added it to high tier battlefields. Since I read that so long ago I always brought a thf and got about 2100 metals in 2 weeks of farming VW campaign with 0 cells. Now of course my experience is different since I had 4 characters running VW. But to say you won’t get metals, pouches etc is completely incorrect and idiotic. The cobalts influence amount and rubi influence quality. That’s all and at the end of the day SE still has not stated which helps riftdross, riftcinders or pouches etc. In conclusion which cell gets you metals etc is merely opinion not fact. Also I do VW outside of campaign with no cells and seem to get the same amount of pouches a week or two longer but procs take more time then just kill. At the end of the SE hasn’t once said cobalt yields more chances of pouches. The end.
[+]
 Asura.Diggs
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2018-01-30 15:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

After doing 3k+ last event, what it seems like is that Rubicund actually lower your droprate on HMP (NQ: hmp HQ1: neck HQ2: boots HQ3: Lux HQ4: Crouscanti)

Cobalt didnt seem to do jack ***tbh.

In total i went 258 pouches.

Interesting with the 150% red though.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-01-30 15:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, TH helps and VW is a great way to test which trusts have innate TH. Sometimes I VW on THF, but other times I just use a TH-trust if I want to change it up. AAMR is entertaining as she provides TH and you can easily position her to the rear of the target so she sometimes will SA+WS for nice (for a trust) numbers.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 15:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Yep, TH helps and VW is a great way to test which trusts have innate TH. Sometimes I VW on THF, but other times I just use a TH-trust if I want to change it up. AAMR is entertaining as she provides TH and you can easily position her to the rear of the target so she sometimes will SA+WS for nice (for a trust) numbers.
Too bad her rear isn’t Garuda :) hehr
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-01-30 15:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaigns next month...

Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 15:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diggs said: »
After doing 3k+ last event, what it seems like is that Rubicund actually lower your droprate on HMP (NQ: hmp HQ1: neck HQ2: boots HQ3: Lux HQ4: Crouscanti)

Cobalt didnt seem to do jack ***tbh.

In total i went 258 pouches.

Interesting with the 150% red though.
Hmm I do need 1k metals still... *** it I’ll do it with just cobalts my goal will be 1k metals in 2 weeks
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-01-30 15:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
1. Master jobs BLM, SCH, COR, PLD, BLU, GEO, BST, SMN, and DRG.
2. Finish Ochain, start Burtgang, Idris, and Nirvana.
3. Get back into Omen and start Dyna D for +2 and +3'ing gear.
4. Quit the game.

Congratulations on skipping directly to #4.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 15:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
1. Master jobs BLM, SCH, COR, PLD, BLU, GEO, BST, SMN, and DRG.
2. Finish Ochain, start Burtgang, Idris, and Nirvana.
3. Get back into Omen and start Dyna D for +2 and +3'ing gear.
4. Quit the game.

Congratulations on skipping directly to #4.
Lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-30 15:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

2 pages of whining
Here we have a classic case of, "If I can't enjoy it, how dare you guys enjoy it!". Sure, the campaigns aren't the best. But, they aren't worthless and the game has never required campaigns to be fun. I was out of kupon i-seals, so the BC event is very welcome. Rest assured, nobody cares that some whiny nobody will be deactivating for a month.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-01-30 15:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
2 pages of whining
Here we have a classic case of, "If I can't enjoy it, how dare you guys enjoy it!". Sure, the campaigns aren't the best. But, they aren't worthless and the game has never required campaigns to be fun. I was out of kupon i-seals, so the BC event is very welcome. Rest assured, nobody cares that some whiny nobody will be deactivating for a month.
/clap's his hands
well said :)