Ok, What's The New Dupe Trick.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ok, what's the new dupe trick.
Ok, what's the new dupe trick.
By iambatman3131 2018-02-04 07:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Shields are quite simply about quantity.

The first gold shield completely obliterated the gold market in one day. He makes more Gil, selling severely undercut in probably a week than it cost to make the shield.

Also, I'm more than willing to bet something fishy is going on. Last night a guy shouted he had SEVENTY FOUR jinxed wristbands... who holds that many, and/or admits to it.
Possible it is the same person that yelled that they had 90 last week!
 Asura.Heeroyuy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2018-02-04 08:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

iambatman3131 said: »

The first gold shield completely obliterated the gold market in one day. He makes more Gil, selling severely undercut in probably a week than it cost to make the shield.

Also, I'm more than willing to bet something fishy is going on. Last night a guy shouted he had SEVENTY FOUR jinxed wristbands... who holds that many, and/or admits to it.

That's not unlikely, the SKCNM campaign flooded the market with nq's, I personally sold 24 hexed wristbands to the same guy 2 weeks ago, but those were from last time they were in the Login Campaign
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-02-04 08:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Heeroyuy said: »
iambatman3131 said: »

That's not unlikely, the SKCNM campaign flooded the market with nq's, I personally sold 24 hexed wristbands to the same guy 2 weeks ago, but those were from last time they were in the Login Campaign
24 hexed would be 3-5hq, with shield depending on luck, so high side call it 5. to make 90, he would of had to have 18x24= 432 hexed wristbands.. approx equal # of eschite/macuil/warblade along with that. To make 90jinxed wristbands, there is some epic materials gathering going on.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-04 09:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to say confidently that nothing's going on, but someone claiming they have 74 jinxed wristbands and someone having 74 jinxed wristbands are completely different stories.

Now, let's do some rough math on production instead of crying about how it is or isn't possible:

T2 Synth with 80% mat retention and ~30% hq rate will result in about a 5/6 conversion rate. Thus, you need about 89 Hexed Wristbands-1 to produce 74 jinxed wristbands.

T1 synth with 80% mat retention and ~9% hq rate will result in about a 45% conversion rate on materials. Thus, you need about 198 sets of mats to produce 89 hexed wristbands -1.

Now, let's add some leeway since those are rough #s and call it 300 mats (that's an extra 50% against the shield user).

300 Velvet Cloth - 2.5M
300 Marid Leather - 10M
300 Befouled Silver - 240M
300 staghorn coral - 125M
300 sealord leather - 125M
135 eschite ore(89 * 1.5 rounded up) - 54M

A single server transfer could acquire all of these mats for roughly 560M. Remember, this is potentially 50% more mats than actually needed. At a synth rate of 3 synths/minute, for 30 minutes out of the hour, they get 90 synths an hour. They would require approximately 22 hours where they synth the shields 30 minutes, this could easily be done in a weekend given how simple it is to automate crafting with available plugins.

Now, we have about 5 hours time and $36-50($18 each for 2 transfers and $1 each for any additional mules needed) gathering materials with a transfer, 22 hours light babysitting, and 560M investment. How much do you think 74 Jinxed Wristbands will be worth? The lowest sale I can find on xiah is 17M. 74 * 17M = 1,258M, a profit of 698M. They sell on mules because they're likely selling the gil and don't want to endanger their crafting shield.

That said, I'm still not confident there isn't something going on. However, the numbers support the current pricing and availability.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-04 10:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm watching for the Staunch Tathlum +1 fire sale.
[+]
 Asura.Kaotik
user: Kaotic
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-02-04 22:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people out there even have multiple shields done though? That's the fishiest thing to me, the one guy is selling hq su3 gear from 3 different crafts, and it's not like he has 1 of each he has 4-5 plus a bunch of other stuff, and given the lack of NQ's it would imply a shield unless there is some form of exploit.

I mean I guess it's one of those things that once you get one finished you can just use it to power through another one aside from guild points.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-05 02:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
[cut]
If you're feeling bored can you make a similar, approximate calculation for Mousai gear?

It's 116 Bonecraft and ?? Alchemy. I guess that means that pretty much it's gonna be a T0 no matter what, right?
What would the approximate HQ rate with a shield? Skill alone it's not enough to bring it to T1.
Also didn't SE boost the base HQ rate for T0 recipes the same patch that Eschuteons were released? But I don't know the details and I seem to recall someone claiming that the "new recipes" (like Mousai, for instance) were exempt from that base HQ rate boost.

The enchant on the shield grants a straight HQ rate boost to the ~2% HQ rate we already get from T0.
But then a further indirect boost is granted from the fact that you either HQ or retain 80% of your synth maths, which kinda equals much more attempts at crafting with the same amount of mats, which kinda converts, in a sense, in a higher HQ rate with the same amount of mats compared to someone without the shield.
Correct?
I suck at math, I apologize lol
By Pantafernando 2018-02-05 03:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaotik said: »
How many people out there even have multiple shields done though? That's the fishiest thing to me, the one guy is selling hq su3 gear from 3 different crafts, and it's not like he has 1 of each he has 4-5 plus a bunch of other stuff, and given the lack of NQ's it would imply a shield unless there is some form of exploit.

I mean I guess it's one of those things that once you get one finished you can just use it to power through another one aside from guild points.

Once when i went to rolandberry throug jeuno i noticed 3 chars next to each other with some weird name. The 3 of them were syncing crafts, all of them with stage 3 shield for 3 different crafts.

Also, if you really look, stage 3 shields arent that uncommon to find in a server with low population like mine.

What i can guess is, while its a hard task to get a shield 4, certainly are people using every last trick in the book to make them on an industrial scale.

Personally i think SE should do something about those shields. Something doesnt feel rigt when just a small part of community that uses non-conventional means to obtain them to control some synth market. Its totally impossible to compete with a shield if you dont have one.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-02-05 07:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
[cut]
If you're feeling bored can you make a similar, approximate calculation for Mousai gear?

It's 116 Bonecraft and ?? Alchemy. I guess that means that pretty much it's gonna be a T0 no matter what, right?
What would the approximate HQ rate with a shield? Skill alone it's not enough to bring it to T1.
Also didn't SE boost the base HQ rate for T0 recipes the same patch that Eschuteons were released? But I don't know the details and I seem to recall someone claiming that the "new recipes" (like Mousai, for instance) were exempt from that base HQ rate boost.

The enchant on the shield grants a straight HQ rate boost to the ~2% HQ rate we already get from T0.
But then a further indirect boost is granted from the fact that you either HQ or retain 80% of your synth maths, which kinda equals much more attempts at crafting with the same amount of mats, which kinda converts, in a sense, in a higher HQ rate with the same amount of mats compared to someone without the shield.
Correct?
I suck at math, I apologize lol

Ive tried quite a bit of Su3 gear with my shields and my success(HQ) rate to other t0 is significantly lower.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-02-06 05:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The person geigei is talking about (i ragna) is Wandarin which is surprising, he has the kupo shield but also made the alchemy shield in less than 1 week without farming anything, i know him/mules and never saw any of em @ the farming camps, he probably bought the spheres on another server (asura probably) or just RMT the spheres idk, the things is he's selling the whole alchemy hq items fairly cheap, while its fishy to me the prices are currently pretty good so i guess this is half-rant lol.

30m for a jinxed doublet is pretty good considering i paid 250m for mine lol.
[+]
By pchan 2018-02-06 14:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Kaotik said: »

Once when i went to rolandberry throug jeuno i noticed 3 chars next to each other with some weird name. The 3 of them were syncing crafts, all of them with stage 3 shield for 3 different crafts.

Also, if you really look, stage 3 shields arent that uncommon to find in a server with low population like mine.

What i can guess is, while its a hard task to get a shield 4, certainly are people using every last trick in the book to make them on an industrial scale.

Personally i think SE should do something about those shields. Something doesnt feel rigt when just a small part of community that uses non-conventional means to obtain them to control some synth market. Its totally impossible to compete with a shield if you dont have one.
So what, the money they make is not that impressive. Waiting days or weeks to maybe sell an HQ gear 40millions, nd they'll probably have to sevrer transfer to sell their junk? Really ? 40million today is like 400k in 2006. Personnally I find it cool because I found slaves to farm cheap HQ gear for me that's how I see it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-06 16:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not entirely wrong (man thats hard to say about pchan lol).

But they're not waiting days or weeks to sell HQ, they're selling 20 a day.
By Quizzy 2018-02-06 16:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the most expensive I ever saw Jadeshells was 3m/ea.

That would make 40m today 4m in 2006.

Anyone ever see them higher? ;-)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-06 17:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ca$h app funds to whoever can make me a few pieces of HQ. I'm good for it *winks*
 Lakshmi.Cortez
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-02-06 17:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »

I use to sell single pieces for 100k each back in 2005ish.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-06 18:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cortez said: »

Your server must've been insane... I can't ever recall over 30k for a single.

I mean think about it, a sponsor run was only a mil who's going to buy 100k coins when you can buy the glass for 10 singles.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-02-06 18:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cortez said: »

Your server must've been insane... I can't ever recall over 30k for a single.

I mean think about it, a sponsor run was only a mil who's going to buy 100k coins when you can buy the glass for 10 singles.

Japanese on Lakshimi
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-06 18:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose that was the height of the cashmere hack or right after, so that doesn't really count...

Gil was literally toilet paper, JP generally had billions.

But fair is fair.
By zaxtiss 2018-02-07 09:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose that was the height of the cashmere hack or right after, so that doesn't really count...

Gil was literally toilet paper, JP generally had billions.

But fair is fair.
cashmere hack?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-07 09:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't a hack, but an exploit. Could buy subligars in Tavnazia for less than the product you received from desynthing them NPC'd for. At the time, there were few NA/EU playing the game and those that were didn't generally have access to Tavnazia yet nor the crafting levels necessary to desynth the subligars.
By pchan 2018-02-08 02:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't. Not enough population, too many crafters. Ever since the game started there has been a mentality of "but hey when you reach level 100 goldsmithing you make insane money". It obviously wrong, and it's even more wrong with shield. I already said a couple of months ago that with the number of shields increasing, the crafters will have to cut their prices. In this game, if you make x% profit you will always find someone else to go for x/2 % profit. Me and mdk call this lolcrafting.com. Anyone with half a brain will make 40 millions easily through selling junk to an NPC, withing a couple of hours solo, and in less than an hour multiboxing. The truth is that they craft many HQ then server transfer to sell their ***, and wait sometimes a month to sell, making their craft between 40M (minus mats costs) a week to 40M a month.
 Odin.Spoiled
Server: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-02-08 03:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sudden influx of Dyna currency now on servers...fishy
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-02-08 03:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »

They don't. Not enough population, too many crafters. Ever since the game started there has been a mentality of "but hey when you reach level 100 goldsmithing you make insane money". It obviously wrong, and it's even more wrong with shield. I already said a couple of months ago that with the number of shields increasing, the crafters will have to cut their prices. In this game, if you make x% profit you will always find someone else to go for x/2 % profit. Me and mdk call this lolcrafting.com. Anyone with half a brain will make 40 millions easily through selling junk to an NPC, withing a couple of hours solo, and in less than an hour multiboxing. The truth is that they craft many HQ then server transfer to sell their ***, and wait sometimes a month to sell, making their craft between 40M (minus mats costs) a week to 40M a month.

40m solo selling to npc seems kinda exaggerated. I dont have half brain so share your trick please.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-02-08 05:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that's true. If you have a dupe method and can dupe as much as you want, you go and dupe some item, that you can sell to npc for good amount of gils. Even duping Acheron Shield, you could make hundreds of millions of gils per day per character. It's risk free and much easier than selling stuff on bazaar.
By fonewear 2018-02-08 09:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
pchan said: »

40m solo selling to npc seems kinda exaggerated. I dont have half brain so share your trick please.

My guess someone has been hoarding earth crystals for like 15 years...or using 18 mules to sell things...
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-08 09:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spoiled said: »

This thread will never die because you can automate or mass gather anything and demand will never rise again, only drop.

But come on, dyna currency? Have you not seen the china bots?

Also, Pchan hyperbole is nothing new. If I didn't already know not to take him seriously, you could systematically call his bs by looking through npcable items.
[+]
 Odin.Spoiled
Server: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-02-08 15:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spoiled said: »

This thread will never die because you can automate or mass gather anything and demand will never rise again, only drop.

But come on, dyna currency? Have you not seen the china bots?

Oh I have, but they disappeared on my server awhile back so I didn't even think about them. There's been a lack of Dyna currency on my server the last ~2 months, all of the sudden theres 90+ of each 100 piece, 5 R. Goldpieces etc. on the AH and three characters with 300+ of each 100 in their bazaar. They could've just brought everything over to my server though after farming on a lower populated server, that would make sense.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-08 15:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like you can get 10,000 coins a day per account, no amount of dyna money is ever going to be fishy to me.

Why I asked originally is a thousand linens is super suspect. Best case realistic scenario thats a week worth of linens. My mentality is play everyday like you'll be banned tomorrow, not save up for a week and unload. Especially if you're undercutting it. People that sell 30k in one go charge a premium for having it all at once.

(18 boxing bots not being realistic)(but i could still how it's possible, just still suspect.)
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-08 15:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like you can get 10,000 coins a day per account, no amount of dyna money is ever going to be fishy to me.

Why I asked originally is a thousand linens is super suspect. Best case realistic scenario thats a week worth of linens. My mentality is play everyday like you'll be banned tomorrow, not save up for a week and unload. Especially if you're undercutting it. People that sell 30k in one go charge a premium for having it all at once.

(18 boxing bots not being realistic)(but i could still how it's possible, just still suspect.)

YouTube Video Placeholder