Ok, What's The New Dupe Trick.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ok, what's the new dupe trick.
Ok, what's the new dupe trick.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-26 12:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

OH on the radar map. Got it. For some reason I thought they were saying a green dot was floating behind their character through salvage. I may have missed it since I don't use the mini-map or radar much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-01-26 12:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, My comment completely ignored about the Green dot.

IT IS the invisible doll you get when you start the Records of Eminence quests. It wasn't just a bizarre quest line. They REALLY did give you an invisible pet to follow you around everywhere.

Its not just there during Salvage.

Its not even particularly hard to figure out.

Grab your mule which you never unlocked RoE on and go unlock it w/ Apradar running. You'll see it appear. and follow you afterwards.
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-01-26 12:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just give it a model and call it a friend
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-26 13:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Wow, My comment completely ignored about the Green dot.

IT IS the invisible doll you get when you start the Records of Eminence quests. It wasn't just a bizarre quest line. They REALLY did give you an invisible pet to follow you around everywhere.

Its not just there during Salvage.

Its not even particularly hard to figure out.

Grab your mule which you never unlocked RoE on and go unlock it w/ Apradar running. You'll see it appear. and follow you afterwards.

It IS only there during salvage. It's not there in any other zone. It's not even there in nyzul.
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-01-26 13:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There are any number of reasons to tie an NPC to a character model, especially in a game as old as this... Tracking your position is probably the least useful of all possible reasons to do so.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-26 13:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ceiling npc is always watching
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Spoiled
Server: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-01-26 14:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing this sudden influx of Alexandrite, there was almost 500 stacks of Alex on the AH the other day and some char in Nashmau had 3 stacks of Linen in their bazaar. I wonder what it is :0
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-26 14:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be botting. Could just be savers. I used to think there was no way people could hold onto that much currency until I started saving my ambuscade earnings. Your be surprised how quickly that stuff adds up after months of you don't spend it. Now linens are not buyable so that is fishy. I'd keep a brief reference of the names of who is mass selling and see how frequently they have a huge supply. That's enough to establish foul play. At this point it's speculation unless someone can prove it
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-26 14:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Having 30k 50k 100k alex yeah, I would've just said meh ambuscade.

But having a thousand linens is fishy as ***. You're only getting 30~ a day per character.

And he undersold the current market, so he wasn't "holding for a good time to sell".

Botting is an acceptable answer, If I had a salvage bot I'd be making 30k alex a day too.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2018-01-28 06:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe instead of glitching cinders via MB he decided to take linen purses instead? xD
By geigei 2018-01-28 06:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Something is going on, there's a lot of expensive mats buying from unknown mules and yet hq gear is sold very cheap. Keep doing it.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-28 06:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Something is going on, there's a lot of expensive mats buying from unknown mules and yet hq gear is sold very cheap. Keep doing it.
What mats and what hqs? It’s crafting shields buying mass mats
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-01-28 06:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I literally made a post about currencies the day before and how they are being bought up. Not many had much to say or agreed, but I think there is something happening as well.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2018-01-28 07:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Geigei, that's called supply and demand.
By geigei 2018-01-28 08:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How much hq % to afford selling jinxed at 20mil?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-28 08:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How much hq % to afford selling jinxed at 20mil?
It's not the HQ% that makes the shields insane, it's the (up to) 80% material retention.

If you get 5 shots at a HQ per set of mats, and your HQ rate is 1/40, you can expect to HQ for every 8-10 sets of mats.

It's compounded on jinxed, because you can apply that to both synths. Jinxed wristbands, for example, cost about 1.6M to synth a hexed wristbands. At T1 with final shield, you can expect maybe 1/13 chance of HQ. Factor in that you're only losing 1/5 of the mats, and you may be looking at ~3 sets of mats per hexed wristbands -1.

Then, you have a 30%~+ chance of the T2 synth to make Jinxed. With only 1/5 chance of losing mats, you're going to get a HQ out of almost every hexed-1. The shields utterly demolish the costs associated with producing jinxed items.
[+]
By geigei 2018-01-28 08:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i see, thx for explaining.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-28 13:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Those shields basically duplicate materials for you. 4~5 synth attempts per material set is functionally the same as duplicating those materials by 4~5.
By pchan 2018-02-03 18:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Darksparksnot said: »
Who multibox and is dumb enough to farm alex? That's like the worst gil/hr.
First relevant post of the thread.
By fonewear 2018-02-03 18:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Could be botting. Could just be savers. I used to think there was no way people could hold onto that much currency until I started saving my ambuscade earnings. Your be surprised how quickly that stuff adds up after months of you don't spend it. Now linens are not buyable so that is fishy. I'd keep a brief reference of the names of who is mass selling and see how frequently they have a huge supply. That's enough to establish foul play. At this point it's speculation unless someone can prove it

I called the SE police they sent the FBI to investigate (they weren't busy at the time) Please check back when I get a detailed report of their findings.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-03 18:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I called the SE police they sent the FBI to investigate (they weren't busy at the time) Please check back when I get a detailed report of their findings.

I hope it is better than a weak-sauce memo.
By fonewear 2018-02-03 19:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
fonewear said: »

I hope it is better than a weak-sauce memo.

I got the memo !
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-03 19:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That movie is pure gold.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-02-03 21:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kaotik
user: Kaotic
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-02-03 22:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the retention rate really that high on shields? I've been wondering this myself because it's always mules selling the stuff and can never be tied back to an actual player with a shield. Like Varar Rings +1 dipped to 8m the other day, at 2mil per synth even if you had 80% retention you'd still have to HQ 1/20 to break even, on a t0 synth.

I'm curious if the crafting exploit is still around, all these random named chars bazaaring ***loads of HQs extremely undercut, and over multiple crafts too, implying they have 3 or more shields.

Just seems unlikely any sensible crafter would undercut by these huge margins. Ken. body +1 went from 130m to 80m via 1 sale on Asura. If I spent billions on a shield I'd want to milk as much as I can out of it, dunno.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-03 23:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shields are quite simply about quantity.

The first gold shield completely obliterated the gold market in one day. He makes more Gil, selling severely undercut in probably a week than it cost to make the shield.

Also, I'm more than willing to bet something fishy is going on. Last night a guy shouted he had SEVENTY FOUR jinxed wristbands... who holds that many, and/or admits to it.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-02-04 01:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest here, but is there actual proof another player opened about a thousand linen pouches via a log or compiled screenshots, or is this one of Lu Shang's fishing tales due to eyeballing something?

The green salvage dot makes for a neat XI-style ghost story on how Matsui puts people on Krampus' list, though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-04 01:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

He opened them in port jueno, as he was selling them. I bought 30,000 and 3 other people were buying.

I'd show you the logger, but logger was the cause of serious frame rate drops @ last update so I killed it.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-14 14:08:34

Add-on

Yup it's 100% logger.

Load it up, instant frame drop