Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30
 Cerberus.Ephexis
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2018-09-23 15:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We just got glitched after Mini Boss. Killed a lot, killed Aurix early on in Bastok, got near the mini boss and there was an Aurix sat at 10% that couldn't be engaged.

Killed MB, and nothing respawned in the entire zone. GM's couldn't resolve, or restore entry, so wasted a run.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-23 15:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That glitch has been (very rarely) occurring ever since Dynamis-D was introduced.

No-one knows how to reproduce it, and seems to be utterly random.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-23 19:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just confirmed that filling up the Dynamis-D Mask bar gives you an M.Astral in your personal pool each time you do it.
[+]
 Asura.Iiana
By Asura.Iiana 2018-09-24 08:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've yet to see M astrals drop anywhere else, too.
 Asura.Limpbiz
By Asura.Limpbiz 2018-09-24 08:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So you don’t really need a boss win just 30m dmg? Or does a boss win negate the 30m?
By Brynach 2018-09-24 09:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Boss kill OR 30m dmg OR 10,000 job points turned in
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-24 20:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone who actually does wave 3 with the MB method. Apparently nuke damage is higher the closer the caster is to the circles. With 3 blms standing directly on top of it, we were able to kill it in one 4 WS SC rotation
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-09-24 22:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
For anyone who actually does wave 3 with the MB method. Apparently nuke damage is higher the closer the caster is to the circles. With 3 blms standing directly on top of it, we were able to kill it in one 4 WS SC rotation

Isn’t this how the new magic belt works also?
If so then it was designed to be a Fetter buster.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-09-25 00:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

I dunno how accurate that is. I normally find myself on Vex/Attunement/Fade/Frailty or some such duty that requires being on top of the circle. I typically free nuke some T5/4s just cause and haven't seen anything really outlandish. Perhaps MBing is boosted in some way, but just free nuking doesn't seem to carry any benefit, beyond the circles taking decent damage from their weakness element.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-25 00:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Works on free nuking as well. The damage is about double compared to far away. Considering you have no nuking bubbles, you don't really have a good baseline to compare too.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/luteff11/archives/54183914.html
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2018-09-25 00:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Uncontrolled sample because I wasn't looking for it, but from tonight's run my circle-MB averages are 15-25K at distance, and ~40k up close when extending SCH fusions with Vidohunir on Ice and Dark.

Can't confirm distance on the other circles aside from "not close" - could be anywhere 15-20, which would explain the variations.

No Indi's on me either, rest of the BLM and GEO were at range - only lang/mal/fade on the circle.
By Staleyx 2018-09-25 01:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they screw up magic damage when putting in that new belt. Is this effect active 100%?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-25 01:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably not a bug since it seems like a circle specific gimmick. It's possible the gimmick was on the circles first and they just applied it to the belt, who knows.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
By Fendarin007 2018-11-08 04:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Fendarin007 said: »
Can anyone share there melee strategy for wave 2 mega boss’s please or would my group be best taking a tank/dd/Mb party for wave2/3 and Mb the wave 2 and dd wave 3 bosses. sandy Bastok and jeuno wave 2 boss seems a pain to melee any info would be great ty

Both melee and mage works, and difference isnt huge. Although I think melee kills wave 2 bosses faster.

You should use whichever setup that you have more man power to do. If your ls is mage heavy, use mage. If your ls is melee heavy, use melee.

I dont think a hybrid setup with both is a good idea, because ffxi doesnt favor mixing 2 different type of dps and split the dmg, instead the best result usually came from focusing on one type of dmg and push it to the max.

Theres a couple of streams showing jeuno and sandy wave 2 boss fights. But I cant find bastok wave 2 atm, try to search youtube.

Sandy wave 2 melee
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/288868446?t=26m05s

Jeuno wave 2 melee
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/287623068?t=34m58s

Melee setup for both takes 2 min or less to clear wave 2, mage seems a bit slower, but not that much.

Sandy wave 2 MB
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/286352467?t=50m30s

Jeuno wave 2 MB (as you can see, this position is not recommended, there are other position better than this but I cant find a video for it atm so this is all Ive found)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/287509843?t=04h25m00s

Credit goes to streamers, I just link them.

Thanks a lot for posting these videos/sharing cor sets afania. My group have managed to clear jeuno and Bastok now so we moving into sandy zone. The sandy dd video doesnt work anymore but the mage one does. I’m wondering what barspells/carols/position we need for the wave 2 nm. Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated
 Leviathan.Kozumi
Server: Leviathan
user: Shiyo
By Leviathan.Kozumi 2018-12-04 22:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have disjoined galka use Shin-Zantetsuken twice in a row? Not once, then again after a bit of time I'm talking TWICE at EXACTLY the same moment, resulting in RR removal + everyone instantly dead.
By Staleyx 2018-12-04 22:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Were there adds up?
 Leviathan.Kozumi
user: Shiyo
By Leviathan.Kozumi 2018-12-04 22:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Were there adds up?
No, we just killed all the adds. None were up.
By Justuas 2018-12-04 23:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You had bad luck then.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-12-05 00:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kozumi said: »
Anyone have disjoined galka use Shin-Zantetsuken twice in a row? Not once, then again after a bit of time I'm talking TWICE at EXACTLY the same moment, resulting in RR removal + everyone instantly dead.

I've seen this a couple times when automatons are tanking.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-12-05 01:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Leviathan.Kozumi said: »

I've seen this a couple times when automatons are tanking.

And not just on the Galka, we've seen it on the others as well anytime the Automaton had hate.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-05 01:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen it on the Elvaan as well and iir the Taru too?
From our experience it's somewhat related to how much time you take to kill the adds.

Multiple Zantetsuken like that always happened to us whenever we were either keeping Fomors alive (a strat we attempted on our first runs with the WHMs and CORs) or when for whatever reason we were taking too much time to kill them after they spawn.

Not sure what the link is there, but from our experience it's somehow connected to how much time they stay alive.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-12-06 21:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Zdukez of Shiva server is streaming right now! Come join!

https://www.twitch.tv/zdukez
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2018-12-25 00:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So I came back to the game with the intent of maxing out my THF again, but plans are turning south, so I may need to start my own group. Does anyone mind helping me out on this? I've put together groups before to kill things, but I'm rather new to the new dyna. Going to start with Jeuno

Wave1/2, run around kill stats for TEs. Jobs that can 1-shot the statues are CORs and BLMs death'ing stuff, right? Since we're not farming, is there any reason to pop the beastmen?

Wave1 boss, SC/MB it down. How many BLMs do people normally bring? Do people still use SCHs to do skillchains, or are we going back to sams, or rngs, or cors to do the skillchains?

Wave2 boss, melee it down until 50%, then disengage. Spam mew and kill it like Erinys. Any reason to pop beastmen on wave2?

Wave3, run around and kill elemental circles. Based on the video I saw, you sac the AH and grand duke palace elemental circles, kill all for the rest. Then you fight the boss, adds pop every 20% and have the same hate as the main NM. Beat them down and continue with the boss. Are they about as strong as the normal wave3 fomors?

Am I missing anything? I appreciate any help with this.
By Staleyx 2018-12-25 01:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Wave2 boss, melee it down until 50%, then disengage. Spam mew and kill it like Erinys

That sounds like a nightmare. Just use physical brute force to kill it. Make use of fullbreak with the usual songs/rolls/bubbles "fury,str,frailty"

Watch out for spikes make sure you can "react" fast enough.
By Afania 2018-12-25 04:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
So I came back to the game with the intent of maxing out my THF again, but plans are turning south, so I may need to start my own group. Does anyone mind helping me out on this? I've put together groups before to kill things, but I'm rather new to the new dyna. Going to start with Jeuno

Wave1/2, run around kill stats for TEs. Jobs that can 1-shot the statues are CORs and BLMs death'ing stuff, right? Since we're not farming, is there any reason to pop the beastmen?

usuall cor, especilly in melee setup because you wont have blm.

in general for wave 3 it can be done with melee setup, rng setup or blm setup and you build alliance based on that.

Wave1 boss, SC/MB it down. How many BLMs do people normally bring? Do people still use SCHs to do skillchains, or are we going back to sams, or rngs, or cors to do the skillchains?

you dont actually need sc mb if you have cor. one single cor can solo wave 1 boss without geo in about 5 min spamming leaden salute and wildfire. add a geo it would be faster than that.

if you have a DD another way is to start darkness sc with a melee dd and that would be faster too.

l
Wave2 boss, melee it down until 50%, then disengage. Spam mew and kill it like Erinys. Any reason to pop beastmen on wave2?

wave 2 just zerg with defensive buffs. no reason to pop beastmen but once your group get used to T3 clears you should have an hour to do wave 1 and 2 farming then proceed to clear wave 3. in that case you can do beastmen for drops.

Wave3, run around and kill elemental circles. Based on the video I saw, you sac the AH and grand duke palace elemental circles, kill all for the rest. Then you fight the boss, adds pop every 20% and have the same hate as the main NM. Beat them down and continue with the boss. Are they about as strong as the normal wave3 fomors?

thats correct, or you can cleave adds when they pop.

not really jeuno but heres stream for a different zone.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/353446394?t=01h10m54s

there are quite a bit of in and outs:
1) for wave 1 and 2, nin is the most dangerous, have whm sacro or default one song to scherzo to save lifes.

alternatively cor can one shot nin and bypass sp completely if you ask your team to leave nin to the cors.

2) for wave 3, war geo blu rdm are the most dangerous. drg and mnk can be if dds dont position correctly. never stand in front of drgs and mnk, always turtle up against war, use wilt for war and fade for geo luopan. if luopan is out turtle up. silence rdm and blu mob since their aoe debuff move is deadly. aoe petra can wipe a pt from what Ive seen.

volte requires most group coordination, imo. the boss itself is extremely easy.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2019-01-18 08:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I was wondering if we missed a change in game or if it was a bug. yesterday, we were doing sandy Wave 3. cor add pops at the 39% mark. we start to pull it away, after maybe 15-20 sec and little damage dealt to it it used wildcard. instead of bringing the boss back up 20% it fully healed it.
Did that happen to anyone? in previous wildcard event it only healed it for 20% which is a lot of HP alredy but fully healed from 36% really killed the run for us. couldnt recover that in the time left, timed out after the 19% mark adds. would have been an easy win else.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-18 08:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what the mob rolled on wild card, it has 6 seperate possible effects. Little damage dealt is pretty subjective. Most likely not a bug.
By Brynach 2019-01-18 09:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajirha said: »
Hello,

I was wondering if we missed a change in game or if it was a bug. yesterday, we were doing sandy Wave 3. cor add pops at the 39% mark. we start to pull it away, after maybe 15-20 sec and little damage dealt to it it used wildcard. instead of bringing the boss back up 20% it fully healed it.
Did that happen to anyone? in previous wildcard event it only healed it for 20% which is a lot of HP alredy but fully healed from 36% really killed the run for us. couldnt recover that in the time left, timed out after the 19% mark adds. would have been an easy win else.
A useful tactic we use is to stun-lock the cor, target him first and kill quickly. We have 1 SMN on clear runs for buffs and enmity control, but when the COR pops, he AC stuns for added security. Just an idea of something that works for us.
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2019-01-18 10:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to stunning, you can also gravity/gravity II and pull the boss away from the Volte Corsair. Between the sporadic stuns and slowed movement, the corsair can't ever catch up.
 Asura.Limpbiz
By Asura.Limpbiz 2019-01-18 10:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Volte Haubert from windy wave2 boss last night, anyone have any other body info on which zones drops which?
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30