First Page 2 3 ... 409 410 411 ... 426 427 428
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-27 14:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
guess I'm in the super minority, but I've never understood the desire for Chemist in FF games of any sort.

What I have always wanted was mid-battle crafting to support the fighters.....make that woodworker produce a Trebuchet for the Ranger, dammit! :D
I'm still not sure how easy Chemist would be to balance. Would it be prohibitively expensive to play, but bonkers overpowered to compensate? Would it totally just step on the toes of a job like White Mage, or are there interesting input/output ideas to keep it unique enough?

Only way I could ever imagine it working would be via meds we don't see in game, and make it a generic buffer/status-cleaner, but not a healer. Like boost-STAT meds, or meds to replace rolls(STP, DA, etc), or even a couple aspects of RDM and WHM without all their tools (super-remedies, stone potions, etc). Otherwise I agree, it would be spooky overpowered and stomp on a lot of other jobs all at once.
 Asura.Thunderjet
Server: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-27 14:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

t
Chemist is only in Tactics no?

Why still no expansion we pay for extra mog wardrobe!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-27 14:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
t
Chemist is only in Tactics no?

Why still no expansion we pay for extra mog wardrobe!

One person buying all the extra wardrobes isn't equal the cost of 1/3 of a player leaving the game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-27 14:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My pipe dream is still Chocobo Knight. Though Rune Fencer assumed my original concept of a tank that leaned more into magic defense, buffs, and damage, I still want to see it come to light somehow. XI needs another spear-wielding job, dangit. Mounted, armor-clad soldiers with a lance and shield are the coolest aesthetic ever.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-27 14:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Onionknight still works. Very first weapons in the game tease it's addition.

Master of many jobs... all been building up to this from day 1
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-03-27 15:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My pipe dream is still Chocobo Knight. Though Rune Fencer assumed my original concept of a tank that leaned more into magic defense, buffs, and damage, I still want to see it come to light somehow. XI needs another spear-wielding job, dangit. Mounted, armor-clad soldiers with a lance and shield are the coolest aesthetic ever.

I saw it shortened to CBK and immediately thought of Comeback Kid (band from Winnipeg) then remembered I met people from FFXI at a concert they were playing at and realized that was almost 20 years ago... jeeeebus >.<
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-27 16:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Comeback Kid (band from Winnipeg)
Holy crap that's a coincidence and a half.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-27 16:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean Chocobo Knight and Chemist sound cool, but what about making Ninja good...at something first. Reasons to bring THF to current fights...

And also a nyame set that can only be C or D path.
[+]
By Meeble 2024-03-27 16:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
ML cap increased to 99!

I was curious what that would look like.

Right now, if you cap out @1 to ML51, you've obtained 29.5 million EP in total. Based on ML40-50 numbers, ML 99 would be just 100k shy of 610 million EP, or about four thousand hours at 150k EP/hr. If you treated it like a job, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, it would take you 2 years to finish.

Keep in mind this is the best case scenario, where the amount TNL follows the 40-50 path in linear fashion. ML 1-50 had relatively large spikes in required EP every 5-10 levels so.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-27 16:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I mean Chocobo Knight and Chemist sound cool, but what about making Ninja good...at something first. Reasons to bring THF to current fights...

And also a nyame set that can only be C or D path.
They should just make every fight work with TH even coffers
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-27 16:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
ML cap increased to 99!

I was curious what that would look like.

Right now, if you cap out @1 to ML51, you've obtained 29.5 million EP in total. Based on ML40-50 numbers, ML 99 would be just 100k shy of 610 million EP, or about four thousand hours at 150k EP/hr. If you treated it like a job, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, it would take you 2 years to finish.

Keep in mind this is the best case scenario, where the amount TNL follows the 40-50 path in linear fashion. ML 1-50 had relatively large spikes in required EP every 5-10 levels so.

Not to mention at its current punishment rate, you might lose an entire level to one death @ML99 lmfao!
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-27 17:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

what about making Ninja good...at something first.

1) It's already pretty great for hybrid WS wherever those are viable, covering a different set of 3 elements than SAM's wind/fire/thunder. That's a unique niche that came into much greater relevancy once we got Nyame augments.

2) NIN is also uniquely able to do strong SC+MB damage when solo (double burst on a self-SC is pretty powerful on stuff like Apex mobs).

3) And of course, for the niche situations where blink tanking is important, NIN rocks that.

I get that none of those things are exactly the common meta, but NIN is clearly uniquely good at those things while also being able to switch on the fly to playing as a competent enough regular ol' physical DD.

Like, what exactly are you looking for here? Just a buff to physical katana WS to the level that you'll arbitrarily change the pecking order and make everyone want to NIN instead of [insert other physical DD here]?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-03-27 17:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we give Ninja Throw Item/Gil job ability?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-27 17:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sange kind of already is? A consistent flow of small amounts of gil for NPC-able shuriken, or be like me and toss a Happo Shuriken +1 back when it was very rare and several million gil!

But yeah, they could expand that ability a bit. Let me equip furniture in my ammo slot and toss it? Maybe throw fish at mobs? I like where this is going...
[+]
By Meeble 2024-03-27 18:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention at its current punishment rate, you might lose an entire level to one death @ML99 lmfao!

That does sound like something the Muffin Man would do, but the numbers would have to be monstrously high to make that work.

50-51 is 3.8m, and EP loss is 2% of TNL, so to get deaths up to 3.8m you'd need the final few levels to be around 160m EP each, which would push the total EP needed to hit 99 to something like 4.3 billion.

@150k/hr, a bot could do it in forty months. A real player doing 40hrs/week would take over thirteen years.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-27 18:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A real player doing 40hrs/week would take over thirteen years.
(Rubs hands together) I've got nothin' but time!
[+]
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-03-27 18:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So they're going to talk about vanabout coming back + those changes then hype up the ff14 expansion no doubt.
[+]
By Meeble 2024-03-27 18:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
But yeah, they could expand that ability a bit. Let me equip furniture in my ammo slot and toss it? Maybe throw fish at mobs? I like where this is going...

One thing leads to another and pretty soon we're buying different flavors of throwable feral tarutaru at the vendor moogle.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-27 18:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

what about making Ninja good...at something first.

1) It's already pretty great for hybrid WS wherever those are viable, covering a different set of 3 elements than SAM's wind/fire/thunder. That's a unique niche that came into much greater relevancy once we got Nyame augments.

2) NIN is also uniquely able to do strong SC+MB damage when solo (double burst on a self-SC is pretty powerful on stuff like Apex mobs).

3) And of course, for the niche situations where blink tanking is important, NIN rocks that.

I get that none of those things are exactly the common meta, but NIN is clearly uniquely good at those things while also being able to switch on the fly to playing as a competent enough regular ol' physical DD.

Like, what exactly are you looking for here? Just a buff to physical katana WS to the level that you'll arbitrarily change the pecking order and make everyone want to NIN instead of [insert other physical DD here]?

Oh no that's what I would personally avoid. If you're one of the dedicated DDs then you live and die by how generous the dev's are with your damage.

Make it so you add NIN to the nuking line up by changing nin wheel nukes to have a baby rayke effect. RUN still tanks, NIN can do all the SC properties you'd want. (Add a Doberman pet named Interceptor) You know, the obvious.

20/22 jobs either have a niche or are very competitive DPS. Give THF and NIN a niche so if they aren't top tier DPS on a fight, you still have reasons to bring them.

Maybe throw fish at mobs? I like where this is going...

Submerged Iyo needs those fish first for Shark Punching! But yeah, NIN can throw all sorts of silly things and I'd never complain.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-27 19:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But yeah, NIN can throw all sorts of silly things and I'd never complain.

Y'all weren't saying this when DRKs were losing hundreds of thousands of gil throwing away their bomb cores.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-03-27 19:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Gil toss could help the economy and get rid of all those peoples capped Gil
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-27 19:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

only ninja abbility u can toss 999 mill for 999 mill damage
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-03-27 19:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sange kind of already is? A consistent flow of small amounts of gil for NPC-able shuriken, or be like me and toss a Happo Shuriken +1 back when it was very rare and several million gil!

Have Ninja able to throw equipment from inventory old school type. Start tossing them Relics boyz.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-27 20:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Give THF and NIN a niche so if they aren't top tier DPS on a fight, you still have reasons to bring them.
But SE has been on record saying TH is why they are limit THF has a DD. Unfortunately, TH has mostly been irrelevant for a while:
No confirmed impact in Sortie, and no one cares anymore since everyone is maxed out on stones.
No impact in Gaol.
Minimal impact in Odyssey, unless you're in A or B with the goal being lustreless.
Not much use in Geas Fete since a drop slot is 100%.
Not much use in original HTMB (D/VD have a 100% drop slot I think?)
No impact in Ambuscade.
No impact in UNM fights.
Useful in Omen.
Useful in Dyna-D.
Useless in Delve (I'm going pretty far back now)
Useless in Sinister Reign.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-27 20:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
But SE has been on record saying TH is why they are limit THF has a DD.

And likewise for NIN, the job's ability to use shadows for defensive purposes while also adding some damage has been a reason they have held back on boosting NIN's offense relative to other jobs since at least the Aht Urghan days. No matter that these days, single target stuff that is absorbed by Utsusemi is comparatively quite rare.

I'm confident they also feel like NIN's nukes mean it's less likely to get other buffs. Even though those nukes/MBs have fairly limited application (they're legitimately great for Apex mobs for job/exemplar points, but few good places to use otherwise).

changing nin wheel nukes to have a baby rayke effect.

OK that's a pretty great suggestion. Or even change Futae to cause a Rayke/Gambit-like effect for next nuke and adjust its timer.

One thing leads to another and pretty soon we're buying different flavors of throwable feral tarutaru at the vendor moogle.

I read that as "fecal tarutaru" at first and, OK, I guess that works too? Taru NIN flinging poo sounds on brand, TBH.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-28 06:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

changing nin wheel nukes to have a baby rayke effect.

OK that's a pretty great suggestion. Or even change Futae to cause a Rayke/Gambit-like effect for next nuke and adjust its timer.

Yeah give Futae only 2 charges so that COR is clearly a SUPPORT and NIN is clearly a DD. Wink wink.

Let it do 5~10 seconds of Rayke on the debuff element of the NIN nuke and 20~30 seconds of gambit on the damage element of the NIN nuke. If you want both effects at the same time then you must form the NINJA/PIRATE ALLIANCE! for random deal and wild card.

You could also have longer durations and lower potencies, but I think tighter windows with more dramatic results is more fun.
By Nariont 2024-03-28 06:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Always thought the wheel debuff aspect should be increased ir changed regardless of tying it to a ja, futae imo should just get the sabo treatment and apply to all nuke/enfeebling ninjutsu. Puts them back around to where the debuffs were under rdm potency but above most others

Though looking at potency numbers i may be misremembering, thought old slow with max dMND capped at 20 and II was 25, while hojo ni was a fixed 20

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Useless in Sinister Reign.

Hey it works on the garbage decanter versions(i think)
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-03-28 07:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they actually did have big plans, but their budget was suddenly ripped away. That seems to happen to XI all the time.

Definitely this. It appears TVR got its funding (and devs) ripped away due to FF16. We're still waiting for those weapon+xol hybrid bosses we were promised...!
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-03-28 08:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure you've just revealed the next expansion job....

THE BOBBY KNIGHT.

Can only throw chairs, has access to elemental enfeeble magic, but only choke! :P

I'm old.
[+]
By K123 2024-03-28 08:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Hey Gil toss could help the economy and get rid of all those peoples capped Gil
But would make pay2win even worse for all the gilbuyers.
First Page 2 3 ... 409 410 411 ... 426 427 428