First Page 2 3 ... 408 409 410 ... 426 427 428
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-25 14:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Regular user:
-Raqs Balagi charms me if I face it, ok, so I turn from Raqs Balagi.

Windower user:
-Damn, the TP moves have no names again. Guess I need to unload battlemod or wait for resources.
-Hm, the dances changed, the react file I bummed off someone last year doesn't work and I don't know how to fix it.
-Goes on whatever forum, begging for one of the few people with 100+ IQ to edit it for them.
-Several days later, maybe, has a working react again to cheat the BC instead of just doing it legitimately.

It's not exactly an even impact there. You can't actively do much about people who understand the tools they're using or how the game works in general; but it's definitely considerably more inconvenient to the average idiot than it is to someone playing legitimately. Of course, this is assuming they even change the names specifically to annoy react users, which is up for debate IMO.

I fully agree with your sentiment that the vast majority of players any more live and die by certain addons that now are so accepted the users can't separate what is original client, and what is an addon. But please, let's not just make a junket assessment that if you run Windower, you run stuff like React or CurePlz.

And I am motivated to ask- there's no React for Ashita out there among private developers?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-25 14:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There are several, including some public. It wasn't really meant to be a windower vs ashita thing, nor a condemnation of all windower users.. I only mentioned windower specifically because Ashita parses the dats directly and doesn't break in that manner. Could probably be better rephrased as tool user or w.e.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-25 14:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Then again, I wouldnt be surprised if most of the players on those servers play on Asura.

I mean, **most** players play on Asura, so not really a groundbreaking revelation.
11.4k of 69.6k = 17%
Lets not mix up “most popular server” with “most players are on Asura” please.

Most FFXI players on the public XI discords are likely using it as a live PuG outlet, hence the correlation they would mostly be on Asura. People on the 3-4k servers, the PuG unfriendly servers, likely arent relying on third party socials like Discord for that stuff.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-25 14:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

oh I got that, and I've followed your posting long enough to know you weren't trying to turn it into a "Windower vs Vanilla" or "Windower vs Ashita" thing- I just felt the urge to clarify when you said "regular user" and "windower user" as just two generic categories.

We both know not all who use 3rd party progs are doing so to such an extreme the game almost plays itself- just hoping the readers of your post know as well.
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-25 15:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Then again, I wouldnt be surprised if most of the players on those servers play on Asura.

I mean, **most** players play on Asura, so not really a groundbreaking revelation.
11.4k of 69.6k = 17%
Lets not mix up “most popular server” with “most players are on Asura” please.

Most FFXI players on the public XI discords are likely using it as a live PuG outlet, hence the correlation they would mostly be on Asura. People on the 3-4k servers, the PuG unfriendly servers, likely arent relying on third party socials like Discord for that stuff.

Gotta apologize, I misread your comment, I see what you're saying now.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-26 07:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gunna be a freshly picked (probably) before the vanabout

Dont know what would be the point if not to mainly cover the vanabout.

5 seconds on the master trial, maybe the 2nd "summoned type bc" (flans) ...and......? ((chemist and time mage, right, silly me))
[+]
By IGDC 2024-03-26 07:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you asked me 4 years ago, I would have said impossible, but now I can see them throwing two more jobs in the mix instead of anymore actual 'content'.

edit: and as long as they can replace other jobs for the same content instead of being necessary for something, I'm all about it. e.g. chemist support can replace cor because it can give stp + whatever.
 Shiva.Haldarn
Server: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2024-03-26 07:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoji_Fujito said:
...focusing on live broadcasts that are designed to invigorate the FFXI community. In addition to Freshly Picked Vana'diel, we are planning to share various types of content to help make your life in Vana'diel even more fun and exciting. The first episode will be made available soon, so please keep an eye out for it.

I'm at a loss as to exactly what kind of live broadcast could help make my life in Vana'diel even more fun and exciting.

I think I'll build myself into an unreasonable hype so that I can experience crushing disappointment... Ah, that's it!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-26 07:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The next version update is scheduled for Tuesday, April 2.

Were getting a mid-month patch for the logic campaign I think.

Quote:
The development period for this month's update is roughly one week shorter than most months, so please note that the amount of content will be on the lighter side this time

Lighter than we've been getting the last few months?? They couldnt even make a +1 version of the cosmetic item for March's login campaign. What can they scale back even further?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-03-26 09:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings adventurers - login items can now be taken to +1 using Voracious Psyche instead of synergy using the same item twice. NOW GET BACK TO SORTIE
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-26 10:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Greetings adventurers - login items can now be taken to +1 using Voracious Psyche instead of synergy using the same item twice. NOW GET BACK TO SORTIE

Should be "just 5 sapphires and 1 starstone" if you really wanna *** people^^
By Taint 2024-03-26 10:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Any use for Sapphires, Starstones and Psyche would be welcome. No matter what your place is in FFXI you have too many of at least one of those items and the middle class has too many of all of them.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-03-26 11:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the super important multiple stacks of prime weapon upgrade items of which you only need 2 per upgrade.
[+]
By Meeble 2024-03-26 13:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The development period for this month's update is roughly one week shorter than most months, so please note that the amount of content will be on the lighter side this time

Lighter than we've been getting the last few months?? They couldnt even make a +1 version of the cosmetic item for March's login campaign. What can they scale back even further?

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-26 15:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Be funny if they even skipped rotating ambuscade one month. They should've avoided announcing the new one this month to sow panic and discord

They may not be able to make new in game content but the forum PvP patch would be easy to implement
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-03-26 16:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting on a Monstrosity update.
[+]
By Meeble 2024-03-26 16:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Be funny if they even skipped rotating ambuscade one month.

Didn't that happen once during the 2020 lockdowns? IIRC they did the monthly points reset but nothing else changed.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-26 16:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, we got orc back to back. No one could get in to copy paste the change that one time.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-26 16:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ISINT THERE LIEK 3 MORE REIGONS WE NEVER EXPLORED IN XI?
guys lets donate to square enix to add them in game they clearly need donations and 30 more mog sacks 8 IS CLEARLEY NOT enough to develop stuff for the game
[+]
By Draylo 2024-03-26 18:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Lastly, the game will be celebrating its 22nd anniversary this May! We are hard at work on a new episode of Freshly Picked Vana'diel in order to cover all of the latest in-game news and talk about what's to come for FFXI, so we hope you'll join us to celebrate this momentous occasion!

Its happening!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-27 03:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

New Expansion!
Chemist job!
ML cap increased to 99!
(lmao)
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-27 03:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Prime weapons shaped led lamps with purple glow, so you can have even more purple in your life :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-27 07:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys if you're anywhere in Odyssey, you've already unlocked being a chemist. panacea, Panacea, PANaCEa, PANACEA!

When you get to ML 99, do you unlock a new sub job or do you get a double job that can use all the abilities of the sub job except the SPs and wear all it's gear?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-27 08:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Chemist is just the ability to use items on other people. Would be a funny April fool's joke if they allowed meds to be used on others temporarily and announced they've released the Chemist job.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-27 10:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

<Throw Item> <Do you need it?>

People would have entire characters filled up with Hi-Elixirs, Remedies, and Panaceas following them around.

Maybe they can get a Merchant Cart from Ragnarok Online...that takes 2 minutes to load when you zone...because server lag has been bad recently.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-27 13:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Quote:
Lastly, the game will be celebrating its 22nd anniversary this May! We are hard at work on a new episode of Freshly Picked Vana'diel in order to cover all of the latest in-game news and talk about what's to come for FFXI, so we hope you'll join us to celebrate this momentous occasion!

Its happening!
I wish they were hard at work making Chocobo Knight a playable job...
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-27 14:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
New Expansion!
Chemist job!
ML cap increased to 99!
(lmao)

I think the thing that really pisses me off about them not implementing Chemist for the 20th anniversary is that it feels like it was teased for a while. Maybe I was deluding myself into thinking SE actually gave a ***about this game.

In 2020 we got Monberaux as a trust that SE even referred to as a "Chemist." At some point during TVR, there was some an NPC's story dealt heavily with Alchemy--Garazu-Horeizu or Uran-Mafran I think. Lastly, in 2021 we got the Chemistry Set furnishing.

But hey, we keep getting super nifty updates about the We Are Vana'diel website or them recycling FFXI components into a new FFXIV raid. I guess that's supposed to be pretty cool.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-27 14:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

guess I'm in the super minority, but I've never understood the desire for Chemist in FF games of any sort.

What I have always wanted was mid-battle crafting to support the fighters.....make that woodworker produce a Trebuchet for the Ranger, dammit! :D
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-27 14:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I think the thing that really pisses me off about them not implementing Chemist for the 20th anniversary is that it feels like it was teased for a while. Maybe I was deluding myself into thinking SE actually gave a ***about this game.
They teased a lot of stuff. I think they actually did have big plans, but their budget was suddenly ripped away. That seems to happen to XI all the time.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-27 14:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
guess I'm in the super minority, but I've never understood the desire for Chemist in FF games of any sort.

What I have always wanted was mid-battle crafting to support the fighters.....make that woodworker produce a Trebuchet for the Ranger, dammit! :D
I'm still not sure how easy Chemist would be to balance. Would it be prohibitively expensive to play, but bonkers overpowered to compensate? Would it totally just step on the toes of a job like White Mage, or are there interesting input/output ideas to keep it unique enough?
First Page 2 3 ... 408 409 410 ... 426 427 428