New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 219 220 221 ... 427 428 429
By Torzak 2021-09-09 18:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Fixing a bug in the ffxi config where the number of simultaneous sounds didn't actually work

I've seen a few occasions where I couldn't hear a <call> even though I was staring right at the screen when someone did it. Always wondered if this setting had anything to do with it or what the setting did, exactly.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-09 21:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, this is cute. At some point this update they changed the "ambuscade quizes" that Gorpa does for new accounts.

they changed from the dumb ***like who is the wizard that created ambuscade to "how many hallmarks did all players earn from sept 18 to oct 18?" and "what was the win percentage for all ambuscades in sept 18 to oct 18?"
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-09-09 21:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeez - No real content since Dyna Again-D (oddy is trash) and they let us know they aren't putting in any effort for a couple of months... way to tell people to unsub for a bit.

at the very least fix Shinryu and let people hold more Trashlaphones.
[+]
By Bosworth 2021-09-09 22:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
Sylph.Herbs said: »
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they say the game was in "maintenance mode" and so they owe you no content at all now, they try to give it to keep people playing but there is no promise to do it
someone out there somewhere will pay you $1000 to ***on their chest. that doesn't mean the rest of us will or want that.

to put it into more lamen terms for you, if the game is going into maintenance mode they should do the respectable thing by lowering the cost or something else to make up for the fact that there is no longer full time development working on the game.

you are not doing the game a favor by expecting nothing. it is not in the games best interest to constantly get nothing in terms of content. i sure hope you don't have any direct reports because they would be the laziest humans known to man. it honestly is disrespectful of them to continue on like they are and embarrassing that so many of you simp while your chests are getting ***on.

Unsubscribe until they put out something you deem worth a sub. Boom. Problem solved literally in seconds. Complaining about not getting enough content worth your sub is just crying at a brick wall.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2021-09-10 00:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They shows again how they don't give a dam , about the Game ! , and any thing about it. No test !, no Team to develop anything good and interesting. They don't even have the ball or the decency to Apologies. But they do like your 20 Euros every months !

Any ones or anything Touching FF11 nowadays, Should be replace by a new team playing it, loving it, caring bout it, and thinking about a future for it !

Actualy the only peoples who did something for FF11 in the last 10 years , is the Peoples behind Windower 4 , and the Addons and plugings, PERIOD !
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 00:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Jeez - No real content since Dyna Again-D (oddy is trash) and they let us know they aren't putting in any effort for a couple of months... way to tell people to unsub for a bit.

How is Odyssey a trash?

Best event ever or at least in top 3. Only better thing about it should be moglophones stacking to 3. Segment farming is nice short event with randomly spawning mobs, so it's not that repetitive at least for DDs and Gils you get from it is really nice bonus. NMs are interesting to fight and using many jobs for 3 NMs is very refreshing. Rewards are bis sets for all jobs (and most of them very functional even without augments). What exactly you don't like in Odyssey?
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-09-10 01:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

The ***? Odyssey is great. It has added so much new gear. Initially we got a ton of updates via the Scale/Hide/Feather augments and now Gaol grants some of the best gear in the game with some pretty challenging NMs to boot. . . it has been a huge amount of content. Shinryu kinda sucks because his drop rate sucks, but whatever, it's a new fight with new gear. And didn't we just have a brand new V1 Ambuscade that was actually really fun? Oh, by the way, there's a new mission line in process. . . all from like five devs.

What, exactly, are you looking for?
[+]
 Sylph.Thelona
Server: Sylph
user: Thelona
By Sylph.Thelona 2021-09-10 01:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My only problem at this point is that it's clear I'm spending more on this then they are.
[+]
By Bosworth 2021-09-10 01:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Thelona said: »
My only problem at this point is that it's clear I'm spending more on this then they are.

Unsubscribe.
[+]
By Meeble 2021-09-10 01:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
What exactly you don't like in Odyssey?

Your Odyssey experience depends entirely on how good your gear was when you started doing Odyssey, because progression and gear unlock is tied to segment farming prowess.

For veteran players, it's great - easy gil every day, and you can bang out your v0 wins in a few weeks and start working on augments. It's a whole lot of suck for new players and returnees unless they can find a static or buy/beg the clears they need to get the base gear for their job.

If SE wants more people doing Ody, they should add a separate daily 'phone III (or w/e) that allows gaol access but no augment points, or maybe a daily RoE for a phone II. I think segment farming is fine for the augment grind, but it shouldn't be required for a v0 clear and it'd be nice to be able to help friends without having to pay segs for the privilege.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-10 02:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As a recent returnee, keeping on top of my segments has been a royal ***. I now have a static that meets weekly to knock out v15 clears and if I don't get into enough farming groups during the week, I'm basically running on empty by the last NM of the set we do. I typically can't afford amplifiers willy-nilly like the other guys.

Sometimes I just don't have the time to wait around and form/join one, so I go in and solo farm to much less segments. Better than skipping a day, and I can farm UNM upgrade items since I basically like playing damn near everything.

Worst part about it, but otherwise really enjoying it. I can't think of how they could adjust it that wouldn't lead to established people having even fewer reasons to join a segment farming run.
By Draylo 2021-09-10 02:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The last month has been filled with one guy and probably his sock accounts, constantly bitching about this game and harassing people on forums lol. Some people just don't have a life.

They are updating this game every single month, and after they stated the game would be on maintenance mode. Is it fair we don't get the same care and energy that XIV does? Most def not, but what can we do? Already established that voting with our wallets will just make them shut this game down, the only option is to voice your opinion on official forums (GL) or just keep playing until you stop enjoying it, which looks like some people (you especially D44K) lost that a long time ago. Just take a break, yall look super stressed.
[+]
By koffee 2021-09-10 02:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What does "Level adjustments have been removed from the following areas" actually mean? Have they raised the level of some mobs in those areas?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-10 02:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

koffee said: »
What does "Level adjustments have been removed from the following areas" actually mean? Have they raised the level of some mobs in those areas?
Mostly adjusted how Enmity works I think
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 02:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »

Enmity will change only if they update 99 lvl mobs with boosted stats to some 100+ lvl mobs. Otherwise nothing will change.

What this change does it basically let them include real 100+ lvl mobs in that area, without worrying about level correction mechanic. Without adding such mobs tho, it changes nothing to existing 99lv (and lower) ones.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-10 03:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity will change only if they update 99 lvl mobs with boosted stats to some 100+ lvl mobs. Otherwise nothing will change.

What this change does it basically let them include real 100+ lvl mobs in that area, without worrying about level correction mechanic. Without adding such mobs tho, it changes nothing to existing 99lv (and lower) ones.
Yes for future monster spawing updates most likely, but it also adjust how Enmity works on Unm pops for now.
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 03:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes for future monster spawing updates most likely, but it also adjust how Enmity works on Unm pops for now.

It wont. Unless they change those UNM from 99lv with boosted stats to real high level UNMs.
By Draylo 2021-09-10 03:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they change the respawn time on the rats, I remember them being annoyingly slow to respawn during the rat ambuscade.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-10 06:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Odyssey is trash at all, but still

What exactly you don't like in Odyssey?
I can say what I personally don't like are the following things
1) Being unable to store multiple Moglo1 and do multiple runs in a row
2) The fact that Segments farming, while fun, takes a lot of time. Wish there were other methods, even if slightly less efficient, that took less time. Or that you needed less segments, or that segments run gave you more, anything would work towards the goal of being able to do Segments runs less often or, in other terms, having to spend so much of your time farming segments.
Speaking of which, it would be good if they added some bonus to A or B so you could variate, doing C every *** time grows old after a while
3) The lack of subjob in the Gaol fights. Hate it more for the conceptual aspect than for the practical consequences
4) The fact that you cannot help friends with Gaol fights without spending segments yourself. Wish there was a way to help others (and getting nothing in return) without having to farm segments just to help a friend, or a PUG, or whatever
5) The fact that there is no solid/efficient way to justify spending segments on something you need nothing from (yes you can convert RP into Segments but I said EFFICIENT). I guess this point is one and the same with the previous one. If they solved point 4 then 5) would cease existing. If they solved 5 then 4) would be less relevant.
6) six-men content only, instead of content that scales from 6 to 18 like Omen

These are my points.
Odyssey is fun. Grindy but since the addition of the special item to boost and giving a purpose to the three-runs my concerns for grindness are gone. It's still grindy but now it's bearable.
Before that it was simply insanely grindy, for my tastes.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-10 07:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't hate Odyssey. I like the idea of it, job flexibility has always been a huge part of FFXI and having to cycle jobs without sub may be artificial, but characters have gotten so strong that creating difficult content without artificial handicaps is damn near impossible. So, it's fine with me.

My complaints are primarily related to reward mechanics. By first unlocking the whole sets with a rank 0 clear, then allowing players to burn an amplifier and do 5% damage to get 12/15 credit, they've created yet another piece of content where people can merc one clear then stop putting effort into improving.

The amount of groups who are actually killing multiple significant NMs in a single run is such a small fraction of the people playing Odyssey, it's hard for me to call the content a success, more like the rewards are a success.
[+]
By Finbar 2021-09-10 08:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I don't hate Odyssey. I like the idea of it, job flexibility has always been a huge part of FFXI and having to cycle jobs without sub may be artificial, but characters have gotten so strong that creating difficult content without artificial handicaps is damn near impossible. So, it's fine with me.

My complaints are primarily related to reward mechanics. By first unlocking the whole sets with a rank 0 clear, then allowing players to burn an amplifier and do 5% damage to get 12/15 credit, they've created yet another piece of content where people can merc one clear then stop putting effort into improving.

The amount of groups who are actually killing multiple significant NMs in a single run is such a small fraction of the people playing Odyssey, it's hard for me to call the content a success, more like the rewards are a success.
Agreed, and moreover, the 6 person cap has proven itself more bothersome than in content like Ambuscade or Nyzul (it was sort of an issue in Nyzul, but the rewards weren't so good as Odyssey's are), and the every other day incentive is just all kinds of awful because it causes many statics to ignore other content because everything else is outdated in comparison. It's pretty awful all around for newer/less experienced players.

I think they could improve it:

- Scale the content with more players and nerfing the reward if over a single party, thereby still giving some incentive for linkshells to participate together but still give the statics what they already had.
- Require the NMs to be defeated to get RP. If they can't, they'll be forced to farm lower tiers. That shouldn't be a problem.
- Treat the moglophones like canteens, you ***.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-10 08:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

95% of the gear I see is completely unaugmented. assuming 100% of the player base does the content only 5% of the playerbase doing the content more than once is a complete and colossal failure.

it's nowhere near 100% of players though, it seems a lot of hardcore players have completely skipped this content and casual players are not doing it at all. i'd say 2-3% of the playerbase max is doing this content, and another 2-3% of that is doing it with rotating jobs (spamming savage blade).

pretty big woopsie. the way some of you post though you'd say the login campaign is the best thing on earth if it gave BiS gear
By FaeQueenCory 2021-09-10 08:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

95% of the gear I see is completely unaugmented. assuming 100% of the player base does the content only 5% of the playerbase doing the content more than once is a complete and colossal failure.
To be fair, some of the gear's augments are... irrelevant. And most people from my experience start with getting everything V15 cleared. So while they might invest in some of the gear initially, they only go back and farm to r20 it after they clear v15 on everything.
So that would explain you seeing primarily unaugmented stuff.
Which Mboze (especially, but the other T3s too to an extent) is kinda a bottleneck. (and that would also explain why Nyame is bottomed out in price, while the other stuff is ~half off atm)

They have said that these fights are balanced to their new "leveling" system thing, hence why they are so reliant on resets now... but I am a bit skeptical that anything they might implement (especially given the silence on the details of how it will be exactly) being enough to change something like Mboze from being luck based to "fair".
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-10 08:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Mboze is definitely not luck based if you use the JP tp reset strats. It just has a high gear barrier. I wouldn't put it past groups to buy their Mboze clear anyway, so they can pop Bumba and get on with it.

The augments aren't irrelevant, some pieces of every set add substantial boosts. They're just smaller parts of the gear so people feel justified skipping them.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 09:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Mboze is definitely not luck based if you use the JP tp reset strats. It just has a high gear barrier. I wouldn't put it past groups to buy their Mboze clear anyway, so they can pop Bumba and get on with it.

The augments aren't irrelevant, some pieces of every set add substantial boosts. They're just smaller parts of the gear so people feel justified skipping them.

BLU + PLD keeping rampart and/or barrier tusk is also not luck based. It's how we killed it.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-10 10:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
The last month has been filled with one guy and probably his sock accounts, constantly bitching about this game and harassing people on forums lol. Some people just don't have a life.

They are updating this game every single month, and after they stated the game would be on maintenance mode. Is it fair we don't get the same care and energy that XIV does? Most def not, but what can we do? Already established that voting with our wallets will just make them shut this game down, the only option is to voice your opinion on official forums (GL) or just keep playing until you stop enjoying it, which looks like some people (you especially D44K) lost that a long time ago. Just take a break, yall look super stressed.
Imagine your head being so far up your *** *** you can't deal with people having a differing opinion than yours so you say it's all the same person.

You need help.

Says the guy creating endless anonymous accounts and pretending its not really him. The guy who consistently personally attacks people and claims people who still play this game are losers and brainwashed, yet he still plays said game and posts on its forums. Sure, but im the one that needs help, lol.

Dont you make it a point to harass people when they say anything positive about XI? Yet I cant handle different opinions? You just quoted me not long ago doing just that.
By joemamma 2021-09-10 10:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Being critical of the low quality updates is justified. We've had many updates with nothing. Changing out ambu mobs is not new content. You can claim it is. But it isn't. It is ok to call SE on their *** low quality updates.
By Draylo 2021-09-10 10:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For what its worth, I was talking about latifah and his many socks (Another dude who constantly shits on the game but has been playing on and off for 10 years?) Complaining since Abyssea. But most know you are quite the pessimistic, angry and hostile individual d44k. Why do people bother making sock accounts anymore. This game is so old most of the diehards stick out easily.
First Page 2 3 ... 219 220 221 ... 427 428 429