Link | Quote | Reply

zigzagzig said: »
For the 20th, some leak says:

SE going big on Reward for Veteran this time:

1 T-shirt ( SE love you long time )

1 ring def +10

and a Hugh Gil present of 10k ....

I just can't wait !

(PS: 20 years at 17 euros/month = 4080 Euros Fee of Subs... )

The 20th anniversary thing is going to be announcing the 30th anniversary rewards. The rewards themselves will be time-gated until the 30th anniversary because that's just how SE rolls. "Please look forward to it".
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-08-04 08:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder what shitty mechanic Ramuh is going to have.
By SimonSes 2021-08-04 08:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Wonder what shitty mechanic Ramuh is going to have.

KI from Ramuh HTBF to troll people whining on Shinryu fight :D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-04 09:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

With max DT and ridiculous meva and no way to dispel even if (when) it does conduit a party literally won't take 1 damage total.

All that 15 thundersparks will do is mildly annoy with paralyze. If they make shock spikes undispellable though, I'mma giggle. That'll really deflate epeen.
By Draylo 2021-08-04 10:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited we get some new ambuscade, I bet he'll come with thunder elementals that keep stunning you or some ***. Now we open up some new ambuscades with avatars, need some Diabolos aoe sleep hell.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-04 11:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never done the Citrullus battles before on Normal Ambuscade. Was that line about "emotes being the key to victory" in reference to the normal Ambuscade or the new Ramuh fight? I assumed it was the former since it came right after talking about normal ambu, but the context isn't specific to which battle the emotes would work in. Anyone did the Mandy fights and know if it requires emotes?
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-04 11:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I've never done the Citrullus battles before on Normal Ambuscade. Was that line about "emotes being the key to victory" in reference to the normal Ambuscade or the new Ramuh fight? I assumed it was the former since it came right after talking about normal ambu, but the context isn't specific to which battle the emotes would work in. Anyone did the Mandy fights and know if it requires emotes?

It's for the Citrullus ambuscade.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-10 01:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Square Enix YouTube channel posted a social post "So what games did you play over this weekend?". Go spam comments with Final Fantasy XI. It's good moment to show we exist.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-10 08:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao
By Pantafernando 2021-08-10 08:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Square Enix YouTube channel posted a social post "So what games did you play over this weekend?". Go spam comments with Final Fantasy XI. It's good moment to show we exist.

Actually dont do that. Because then they gonna notice they are doing a poor job killing FFXI, and will double the efforts for that.

Aka, halves the drop rate, double the merit cost.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-11 00:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, Ramuh will have flow and conduit.

Meaningless with barthunder and a geo, but should make for some lulz
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-09-09 06:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade
September will be frogs v1, Cockatrice v2

October will be the Ahriman v1, and a Halloween theme v2

Voracious resurgence

Looks like amphmau and qiltada will be in the final aht uhrgan chapter

Two new quests going to be added as usual, start npc Tateeya for 1 and the ??? In the reef for 2.

Other changes

Level difference adjustments like mentioned in matsuis post for 4 areas

Fixing a bug in the ffxi config where the number of simultaneous sounds didn't actually work

Adding the option to hide the pol email icon in game

Usual banter of in game event reminders going on

Apron from login campaign looks like it gives enwater/aqua spikes effect, they didn't show the stats.

Cait sith panties coming back for Halloween event starting on the 26th

More virtual backgrounds later this month to make your zoom companions ask more questions than you want to answer

Commentary on their commentary posted on their ffxi history pages
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-09-09 06:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

By joemamma 2021-09-09 07:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Ambuscade
September will be frogs v1, Cockatrice v2

October will be the Ahriman v1, and a Halloween theme v2

Voracious resurgence

Looks like amphmau and qiltada will be in the final aht uhrgan chapter

Two new quests going to be added as usual, start npc Tateeya for 1 and the ??? In the reef for 2.

Other changes

Fixing a bug in the ffxi config where the number of simultaneous sounds didn't actually work

Adding the option to hide the pol email icon in game

Usual banter of in game event reminders going on

Apron from login campaign looks like it gives enwater/aqua spikes effect, they didn't show the stats.

Cait sith panties coming back for Halloween event starting on the 26th

More virtual backgrounds later this month to make your zoom companions ask more questions than you want to answer

Commentary on their commentary posted on their ffxi history pages

Low effort update. Next month purple apron that you can get a free earth crystal every 2:00 hours.

Please look forward to it.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-09-09 09:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

I knew it! I turned mine all the way up and I still can only rarely hear the meow mallet make sounds over everything else going on.
By zigzagzig 2021-09-09 10:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So much effort for so few, and things we really , REALLY don't Give a SH... ABOUT !

Filler, Filler, Filler and a bit of Filler.

SE love you longtimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-09-09 11:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm okay with low effort a few months a year so long as they are dedicating time and effort into the "all job update" and new endgame content.

Are you expecting more from a 20 year old game? I think they are doing better than most people would've anticipated.
By ksoze 2021-09-09 11:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

joemamma said: »

Would be cool if old areas are adjusted for 119
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-09 11:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
I'm okay with low effort a few months a year so long as they are dedicating time and effort into the "all job update" and new endgame content.

Are you expecting more from a 20 year old game? I think they are doing better than most people would've anticipated.
which months this year have been high effort?
By joemamma 2021-09-09 11:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »

which months this year has been high effort?

Leaf mog bed July 2021
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-09-09 14:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
which months this year have been high effort?

If you consider the size of the team they have there, I would consider "high effort" to be more than ambuscade reset. I'm sure those Voracious Resurgence cutscenes and missions take a lot of time to create, even if there is no new content that comes with them.

I guess what I'm saying is that I generally cut the small development team a lot of slack. I appreciate they are doing their best after all this time.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-09 15:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lotta words to say every month has been low effort
[+]
By joemamma 2021-09-09 15:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of making content they are making blue aprons.
 Sylph.Herbs
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-09-09 15:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they say the game was in "maintenance mode" and so they owe you no content at all now, they try to give it to keep people playing but there is no promise to do it
By Vishwambhari 2021-09-09 16:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they say the game was in "maintenance mode" and so they owe you no content at all now, they try to give it to keep people playing but there is no promise to do it
To be honest, I don’t think other, current MMOs release content because they “owe” it to anyone. They do so because it is profitable, and ffxi is no exception. If they had stopped giving people a reason to play, most players would have quit by now, and servers would have shut. If they stop releasing new content, the game will end after a few months.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-09 16:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
someone out there somewhere will pay you $1000 to ***on their chest. that doesn't mean the rest of us will or want that.

to put it into more lamen terms for you, if the game is going into maintenance mode they should do the respectable thing by lowering the cost or something else to make up for the fact that there is no longer full time development working on the game.

you are not doing the game a favor by expecting nothing. it is not in the games best interest to constantly get nothing in terms of content. i sure hope you don't have any direct reports because they would be the laziest humans known to man. it honestly is disrespectful of them to continue on like they are and embarrassing that so many of you simp while your chests are getting ***on.
[+]
 Sylph.Herbs
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-09-09 16:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i think part of the problem with ffxi isn't so much making new content as making the rewards for the content, ody gear is already ridiculous and unless they make better gear than that nobody will bother with it

unless people want content with no gear rewards I guess
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-09 16:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't think it's about the rewards, maybe if you buy clears or something..

it's definitely about the content and rewards are secondary. ody was a flop in terms of player interest. blame the playerbase or blame the developer, you can pick. either way it's up to the developer to solve since there's no way a new generation of players is going to come to this game.
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 409 410 411