Bring Back The Newbies!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Bring Back The Newbies!
Bring Back The Newbies!
 Gilgamesh.Surazal
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user:
By Gilgamesh.Surazal 2009-09-24 06:20:25
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish SE would tell us something, anything about the status of the servers.

Also, FFXIcolpedia version of this thread: http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=22523

The folks over at the wiki doesn't seem to care though.
 Bahamut.Surazal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Surazal 2009-10-03 19:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

http://i36.tinypic.com/2u5basm.png

The dunes, on a weekend, late afternoon NA.

No, we don't need newbies back at all. We're obviously way too crowded.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-03 19:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Surazal said:

That screenshot just makes me die alittle inside >.>

Come on SE, stop hurting us!
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-03 19:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol hey Fyy, did you see that stupid trend I started on one of your screenshots? xD
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-03 19:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering who started that <_<
 Bahamut.Surazal
By Bahamut.Surazal 2009-10-04 00:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, kiss that idea goodbye.

User submitted image
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-04 00:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

We already have like 50% of what we used to be ; ;
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-04 00:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is trying to slowly make Bahamut server extinct
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-04 00:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I had much the same conversation with a GM not that long ago on Odin, just but even less informative if you can imagine. I can guarantee you that Odin has declined much more than Bahamut and we're still shut tight after well over a year, so don't get your hopes up.

The thing is though, while a /sea all a year ago showed 6k, and at the same time now will show 3k, that doesn't mean that population has dropped by half. A lot of people have gone inactive or don't play as often which will make the server feel a lot less crowded in every way shape and form, but all those characters are still technically on the server.
 Bahamut.Surazal
By Bahamut.Surazal 2009-10-04 01:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. Bahamut tops out at 2800~ at peak times, but I doubt that even comes close to its "total" number of characters (as I learned earlier, SE counts characters, not players).
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-04 03:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Surazal said:
(as I learned earlier, SE counts characters, not players).

I don't understand why they do this hey, I thought the main issue was how many characters could be on-line at the same time, so one person with 19 mules would be the same as 1 person with no mules.
 Bahamut.Surazal
By Bahamut.Surazal 2009-10-04 03:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it has to do with the total amount of data stored on the servers.
 Ragnarok.Sephiros
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sephi
By Ragnarok.Sephiros 2009-10-04 08:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Bahamut players!
If your server crashes,SE doesn't want to give a chance to reopen it or something else,just came to Ragnarok.
We got diversity of cultures (japanese,spanish,british,americans,frenchs and germans too) we got diversity of linkshells (endgame,newbies and offtopic/social ones).
And most important you can find ppl here that still wanna lvl,do missions/quests etc.
<Take Care> & <See you again here> (I hope)
 Fairy.Cailleach
Server: Fairy
user: Cailleach
By Fairy.Cailleach 2009-10-04 10:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

/Sea all on Fairy last night prime time EST showed.....1200 people. You think your server is dying....
 Phoenix.Darkreaper
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkreaper 2009-10-04 10:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Surazal said:

FFXI is a slowly dying game but that's ridiculous... The day i'm on any server and I see that i don't know what to do.... oh well glad i don't have any jobs that ever need to through dunes again. /Hurray to Smn Burns!!!
 Phoenix.Darkreaper
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkreaper 2009-10-04 10:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm originally from Shiva on my pre-salvage banning's character and about 2 years ago when i would do /sea all i'd get 4k+ at jp prime time and around 2500 during NA prime time. Before I left Shiva back in June, i think i was seeing about 1500~2000 during jp prime time and 800-1100 during na prime time. Now I've been off that server for about 4 months and don't know how its changed. But what I can say is I know Gilgamesh wasn't a very populated server from my experience with a majority of French players, some JP and a small number of NA's. I just arrived on Phoenix two weeks ago and i'm still getting a feel for the population but it seems close to shiva's without having done /sea all's yet and i won't dare do it now for my connection at work sux and i'll probably be d/c'd 50 times :/.

Honestly, I doubt that many people will flock too Bahamut or Odin if they were re-opened. I know some people who left those servers and wouldn't return, and a couple of others who might because of not finding what they were after. What makes that any different though from people wanting to go some place else? People server transfer all the time, i've seen some people join ls's i've been in or people i've known from years ago on Shiva with BG checks who've gone to multiple servers. If anything they should probably shut down a few servers rather than close transfers.

I know granted end-game HNM area's are not at like 150-200 for King windows on any server that i've heard of in the past year. Still though i do miss having about 2000-4000 people online and didn't even need to Level Sync, because now half the time i can't even build a level sync party from the lack of people online seeking exp party's.
 Bahamut.Sani
user: Sani
By Bahamut.Sani 2009-10-05 16:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

they need to reopen the server =/ so i can get my brothers to play lol
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-05 17:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm here!!!!!
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-10-05 17:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Current /sea all is 986 on Alexander & LFP is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE long here. We have more than just a low number of players making it hard to party, we have SMN burns here that if you cant pay to get into then you're just SOL. K.tunnel tends to have 30+ ppl in it just waiting in line to leech. They grab players at lvl 12-15 (prime dunes levels) and burn them up into the 20s and beyond, never stepping foot out of the tunnel till they are 75. SMN burn was fine and dandy when it was small and rare, but there are /sh in WG for SMN daily and it seems ppl would just do it that way. /rant (been LFP on BRD for over an hour) >.>
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-10-05 18:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy honestly has only seen a slow decline. I was expecting a much faster decline when they initially announced the free server migrations off of Fairy a couple years back and a lot of my friends jumped ship to Hades.
Hearing the reports from Bahamut makes me glad that SE never got the chance to close Fairy.

On this past Sunday we actually broke the 2k mark for the first time in recent memory. I suspect the holiday in Australia had something to do with that, as most of our Aussies in the Shell were online during a time they'd usually be sleeping/getting ready for work.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-10-05 18:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Not on Bahamut, but glad to see people like you exist anywhere on this sad game where 98% of people just want gear. Needs more people who get enjoyment from helping those who haven't yet reached a point to help themselves. Hope you get what ya want.

The only fun I've had in this game in the last month is helping a couple of new players who happened to be passing by the Highlands crag after I teleported someone. I've been helping them get their subjob, chocobo license, tele crags, etc.

Nice to see a few people who are actually having fun playing, and for a little while it made me forget how much I hate the adventure-less FFXI endgame nonsense. Of course, the second I stepped back in Whitegate, the terrible reality hit me again...random shouts squabbling over dynamis times, nerd-on-nerd flame wars, and 90 people standing around in Ares gear, hoping someone will /c them and validate their existence.
[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-12 09:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to see some new people about. My ls has traditionally been full of new players all seeking their way in the world. I feel a bit lost without them now.
 Sylph.Taruzard
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-12 09:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

/sea all on Sylph
This was about 9pm my time......
It can cap at around 1.6k-2k ish during JP day time but 934 lol
 Sylph.Ascher
Server: Sylph
user: Ascher
By Sylph.Ascher 2009-10-14 04:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sani said:
they need to reopen the server =/ so i can get my brothers to play lol

I know a couple of friends who wanted to start there and can't. It would be nice for it to reopen just in case I decided to move back to my home which I don't think I will since I don't remember anyone there.

Honestly what needs to happen is the limit of people it is at now needs to stay the limit and when it goes down it allows people to join until the limit is reached again. They should also really cut down and delete on brand new inactive for like say 7 or more months accounts.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Lithanye
user: Lithanye
By Bahamut.Lithanye 2009-11-28 18:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I really miss all the new people, too. The market for lower level gear's completely dead, and getting ingredients seems to be a little more difficult off the AH than I ever remember it being before. Sure, we have a lot of characters on the server, but aside from letting the world stagnate, SE doesn't seem to be doing much to help or even encourage other people to actually change servers, aside from the little bit when the server was first closed.

Also, if they gave us more information about the situation with Bahamut's capacity and their goal number on how many characters they want before the server is reopened, it would probably cause a better reaction from the public about who's leaving and who's staying. Ontop of that, if the server is at such a high capacity and they need people to vacate, they should be more active about it in the form of free world transfers. The cost of jumping all your characters (mules included) just to enjoy the company of new faces is a way of saying "damned if you do, damned if you don't" to all of us.
 Bahamut.Phage
user: Phage
By Bahamut.Phage 2009-11-29 05:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At 3:55am Mountain time, 2296 people online for a /sea all.

As for how the server is yes it can be tough for lower level jobs to find parties. Once you reach level 55 though, it's pretty simple to find a party. There's been time during the week where I've logged on and was still on my "weekend" job and I'd almost get an invite right away, but that's just natural do to work/school times as well. TBH I like how the server is atm even though it can be hard at times to do things. Camps are more open for parties, you dont have hundreds of people trying to get god pops all at once, even stupid stuff like fishing mantas isn't as crowded. The best part is basically no RMT to contend with. I guess it's just what you prefer to put up with. But on the other side of it, yes the AH has died down as far as getting lower level gear and stuff like that, it's harder to find people to do stuff like missions. In my EGLS we have people needing to get sea access but can't find the people to help with the missions. It can be tough for certain things but I think overall the server is in good condition, it's not so dead that you can not do anything at all.
 Bahamut.Branwen
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-11-29 06:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Apart from the lack of shouts for things in WG (assault/nyzul/missions) I think the server is actually doing ok. However I really miss all the new players coming along and making the game seem fresh and exciting. A server full of 75's is a bit dull.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-29 06:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yes please
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-11-29 08:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Newbies.....Oh wait, I thought this thread was something different.
 Bahamut.Oblivion
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2009-11-30 05:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, they need to reopen the server...I'm getting tired of hating all of you, I need new people to hate. Any longer, and I might actually start to like some of the people I'm stuck with.

But according to that GM convo that was posted, it won't be reopening anytime soon.