First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-07-06 12:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

3rbi said: »
Can anyone post updated Sanguine Blade/Seraph Blade sets?

There is a rather updated active thread a few posts down in the RDM forum that has tons of sets:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55385/rdm-end-game-gear-guide/
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-07 01:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That new Lethary Sayon +2 looks promising.
For who missed it, these are the stats (thanks to Funky for the translation)

Lethargy Sayon +2 (RDM)
DEF:147 HP+77 MP+81 STR+29 DEX+29 VIT+25 AGI+25 INT+42 MND+40 CHR+30 Accuracy+54 Attack+54 Magic Accuracy+54 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+49 Magic Damage+24 Evasion+81 Magic Evasion+126 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 Haste+3% Enfeebling magic effect +16 "Refresh"+3 Damage Taken-13% Set: Augments "Composure"

I'm a bit confused by the Acc/Att, did we really need those?
Couldn't they get more creative or give us more synergical stats rather than these seemingly random melee stats on what is otherwise a very nice magical piece?
ut we're finally getting very high amount of Macc on the piece with the highest Enf Potency effect. And also DT on what is going to be a pretty nice idle piece (refresh+3, and 126 Meva, nomnom)
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-07-07 05:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

I don't think it is a a matter of need, I cba to do the math right now but this gear is effectively level 140 or above. The base stat vomit reflects that, and the increased Accuracy and Attack make up for the fact that we're not getting higher Combat skills on our weapons.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-07 07:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

First reaction is Requiscat and Death Blossom piece. The DT isn't bad for safer WSs. More accessible than a powered up Bunzi's.

OR Hybrid WS incoming?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-07 07:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That new Lethary Sayon +2 looks promising.
For who missed it, these are the stats (thanks to Funky for the translation)

Lethargy Sayon +2 (RDM)
DEF:147 HP+77 MP+81 STR+29 DEX+29 VIT+25 AGI+25 INT+42 MND+40 CHR+30 Accuracy+54 Attack+54 Magic Accuracy+54 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+49 Magic Damage+24 Evasion+81 Magic Evasion+126 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 Haste+3% Enfeebling magic effect +16 "Refresh"+3 Damage Taken-13% Set: Augments "Composure"

Couldn't they get more creative or give us more synergical stats rather than these seemingly random melee stats on what is otherwise a very nice magical piece?
ut we're finally getting very high amount of Macc on the piece with the highest Enf Potency effect. And also DT on what is going to be a pretty nice idle piece (refresh+3, and 126 Meva, nomnom)

/em does best Kanye impression…

Ima let you speak,but keep that opinion to yourself!!! :D

I like that they’re putting random melee stats on all my mage gear right now.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-07 07:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno. I'll admit that's just my bias maybe, but personally I prefer specialized pieces for all the different roles a job can cover, rather than a single piece that tries to do it all and unavoidably ends up disappointing.

We already have excellent TP gear (with arguably better stats than this body).
We already have fantastic WS gear, better than this piece even for potential hybrid WSs.

So we're getting a piece mainly focused on magic stats -which is good- but that also has a couple of melee stats... I mean what are you gonna use this for?
An alternative to malignance with more accuracy but no PDL/STP? I mean sure but doesn't that leave a sour taste in your mouth?

I would've been happier getting, I dunno, Enfskill+ and MagicBurst+ rather than Acc/Att.
If I want Acc/Att I want a piece specialized in melee stats, so give me some STP, some TA, stuff like that etc.

Again, as I said in the premise maybe that's just a bias of mine eh
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-07 08:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If they hadn't put the ACC and such on, there'd have been nothing in its place. It's not a "wouldn't you rather have x stat instead" situation.

It's just a random bonus that can be used by newer players.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-07 09:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

while I agree, making (forgive the pun) Jack of all trades gear means that generally it ends up not finding a place.

I could see a piece like this being used for an enspell set with the great acc and macc/matk stats. In a situation where I'm rocking Crocea + Puk/Dem and I don't care about weaponskilling, this could be very strong.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2022-07-07 15:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The attack/accuracy can be helpful for enspell setups. You have to keep in mind they design this stuff without Gearswap in mind so gear consolidation is a real consideration.

I'd probably wear that body over Malignance body for a pure Enspell setup. More macc, acc, and also a bunch of MAB. All you're really losing is the store TP from Malignance.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-07 15:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For enspell, MAB is useless, Malignance has more ACC, not less, and the MACC difference is pretty small. I'd take Malignance over it for the MEVA even if I'm not using the STP. If you're not WSing, you're probably doing level 1 dagger strats, meaning the attack could be a hinderance.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-07 17:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone had this song and dance when omen first came out. If the +2 is slightly behind BIS, then the +3 will probably reasonably be upgraded enough to be best in slot.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-07 17:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm? Unless I'm misunderstanding you, AF +2 and +3 came out at the same time, and I believe the pre-patch preview items had examples of both.
VIP
By Lili 2022-07-07 17:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So we're getting a piece mainly focused on magic stats -which is good- but that also has a couple of melee stats... I mean what are you gonna use this for?
An alternative to malignance with more accuracy but no PDL/STP? I mean sure but doesn't that leave a sour taste in your mouth?

I think you're looking at this gear under the wrong light.

This is not a new set, or a new piece of gear. This is our old empy set, just +2'd. It does the exact same stuff it did before, but better, and has a little something more, as it's always been the case between reforged +1 and +2, but not so much that it changes the piece entirely in its function. In this case empy body was our best enfeebling potency, and now it's that again *by far*, possibly best macc piece in general, it became a decent nuke piece (on par with jhakri? I think), and it's a pretty good idle dt+refresh piece for when you're standing around doing magey stuff as it's often the case, with the dt, refresh, mdb, and meva.

The melee stat is not there because they want you to tp in this set, it's there to make you effectively iLvl 135 or 140 or w/e, which they aren't doing anymore through weapons because they haven't been giving us more skill on those in quite a while.

Now, of course we'll have to see how much effort this takes to get, but personally I am very happy about this since I can now have the same piece in both my enfeeb potency and max magic accuracy set, and possibly, with MLs, also the Distract/Frazzle sets since +18 effect that is likely to be on the +3 is likely to be a lot better than w/e tiers you lose by switching out the af body, while having the same or more macc (55 on af body, 54 on empy +2, which means at least 56 on empy +3).

So yeah, don't look at it as a new set because it's not that and it's going to be disappointing if you think it is. It's our old set, but improved. And it looks like quite the improvement for now. We'll see the rest.

(Inb4 +13 wsd on, dunno, legs, and all the effort to r20 nyame outta the window)
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-08 06:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It really doesn't matter about the acc and atk until we see the +3 or if they modify set bonuses. Considering it was going to be an enfeeble potency and they added the ability to use it as free nuke and ws for people playing catch up with gear, it's really good. For people that voraciously complete all content and keep everything at 11, SE will never be able to keep up with your gearing diversity expectations.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-07-13 21:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if barstatus spells cap at 500 skill similar to regular barspells? Just wondering since Sroda necklace reduces time on the barstatus spells a bit and would like to add in some duration pieces to compensate.
By Nariont 2022-07-13 21:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Think its assumed they do since barelements do, hard to test any increase with those
By Chimerawizard 2022-07-13 23:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

AF+3's enf.skill+21 mAcc+55 set bonus: mAcc+15 means it likely will never be replaced for max mAcc. Frazzle II definitely getting cast in it.
That being said mAcc+54 w/ enf.effect+16 is plenty enough to avoid entering max mAcc sets for almost any situation.

Empy+2 will also be replacing nyame body & shamash robe for idle DT and idle refresh.

Was the accuracy & attack needed?
No, but SE seems to want these to be somewhat generic as far as acc/macc are concerned and jobs they expect to do physical dmg are being given atk while jobs they expect to do magic dmg are given mab and mdmg. whm got none. The jack of all trades got atk mab & mdmg. Get to work doing everything while the whm just hangs back to watch. give my whm atk mab & mdmg gdi, i wanna holy & black halo!
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2022-07-18 19:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How worth it is getting a Crocea and what situations do you use it over the typical Naegling setup? I've been interested in getting one, but I've also had friends tell me that it's basically a toy.
Compound that with the high price tag, and I'm unsure if it is worth it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-18 20:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It is just a toy, it should be the last thing you worry about until you've got nothing else to improve.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-18 20:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, it's pretty great. It shouldn't be the first thing you spend gil on by any means, but it's not even close to the last thing to prioritize, either. Best DPS when underbuffed in a good number of situations (and makes you nigh invincible to boot), and MACC is only beaten by R15 Murgleis and R25 Bunzi but also with 20% FC for faster enfeeble recasts.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-07-18 22:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
and MACC is only beaten by R15 Murgleis

r15 Contemplator has entered the chat. It's ridiculous how good that staff is.

But Croc has the big advantage of not having to swap weapons to have a really good macc option in that slot, thus preserving TP. It fits rdm so well, it's amazing. It's what Murg should always have been.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-19 07:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Crocea has more MACC than R15 Contemplator +1 because of how much more MACC Ammurapi Shield gives than Enki Strap.

IIRC from the last time I mathed it out, if you assume non-capped macc from dINT and dMND, Crocea and Contemplator +1 are roughtly even on MND-based enfeebles, while the staff falls behind on INT-based enfeebles, and falls further behind on non-enfeebles (such as on Impact). If you assume capped dMND/dINT, Crocea always wins for MACC.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-19 07:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you factor the Enf skill and INT/MND as well?
Granted it's not simple to have extremely accurate conversions of those stats into Macc, but it's possible to have an approximate value.

Altough at that point you should also compare the Macc skill 255 of Crocea with Macc skill 228 of Contemplator, and we have conflicting data about how to convert that into pure macc.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-07-22 15:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In what situations is Ullr > Regal Gem?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-07-22 16:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Sleep, silence, bind, etc. Anything where the enfeeble doesn't have potency to enhance, so the gem is just lower macc. Or just when you can't land ***so you're going all in on macc to try to land spells.
[+]
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2022-07-22 17:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
How worth it is getting a Crocea and what situations do you use it over the typical Naegling setup? I've been interested in getting one, but I've also had friends tell me that it's basically a toy.
Compound that with the high price tag, and I'm unsure if it is worth it.
It's the closest thing RDM has to an all-in-one weapon. It's great DPS (gives you stupid WS numbers even unbuffed and a Sanguine Blade that keeps you alive forever, not to mention the white damage from Enspells), a bunch of physical and magic accuracy, and a silly amount of Fast Cast. I'd only not consider it if you already have Murgleis, Contemplator +1 *and* Bunzi's Rod RP'd, and Almace or Sequence. If the price tag is an issue, go with Vitiation.
[+]
 Odin.Lawii
Server: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2022-07-22 19:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a Crocea made right when they came out, and still have no regrets. If you like to play RDM it is a great addition to the arsenal.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2022-07-22 22:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Frazzle 1 and/or 2 if you can't land frazzle 3
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-23 07:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Crocea/Daybreak is an amazing combo because you need less cure potency and fast cast in all your sets so you can have more defense. If you enjoy playing RDM as a front line it's really good.

The extra 130 max HP that doesn't get swapped is very luxurious.

Not needed if you don't like hitting stuff on RDM.
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2022-07-26 02:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess this question doesn't only apply to rdm but since I saw it pop in various sets (enspell build, magic WS,...), I'll ask it here :
Is Sroda Tathlum really that good ?

I've been curious for quite some time about magic critical hit, and some stuff like Choleric or Halasz earrings, but it seemed like it was generally ignored/considered not worth it.

It just feels kinda strange to me to put these +10% II and nothing else related to magic critical hit.

Am I missing something obvious ? Or is it just there because there was nothing considered good enough in the ammo slot in the first place ? ( which would surprise me a bit with Pemphredo/Regal/...)
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 141 142 143