Summoner Gearswap (yep Another One :P)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoner Gearswap (yep another one :P)
Summoner Gearswap (yep another one :P)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Verda 2015-12-05 22:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Very strange, the file was gone off my mediafire account. I can assure you I didn't remove it, and have had other files hosted there for literally years. Uploaded a new copy, link updated in OP and again here:
Verda-SMN.zip
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2015-12-10 19:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Broke: SMN-Lib file.

My only request might be for naming convention for version control. I'm not sure if i am up to date or not lol.
By Verda 2015-12-15 16:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It works, when the update occurred all gearswaps were broken this was simply no exception. I'll start putting version numbers in the header of the files.
 Asura.Patb
Server: Asura
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2015-12-20 15:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way I can change it to work with a keyboard that doesn't have a 10key numberpad? I'd like to try it but I use a keyboard without a numberpad.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-12-21 01:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it is possible.
You will however have to change a lot the binds to other keys manually, or disable them completely. (Not sure if recommendable, I still use my own old Gearswap so haven't gone in depth on this one yet. Pretty sure Verda can tell you.)
 Siren.Blackroses
Server: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-12-30 16:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Broken for me for magical rage pacts. Anyone's working?
By Verda 2015-12-31 01:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »
Is there a way I can change it to work with a keyboard that doesn't have a 10key numberpad? I'd like to try it but I use a keyboard without a numberpad.

Ya there is, in the Verda-SMN.lua file there's lines like these:
Quote:
send_command('bind !%numpad1 gs c smn carbuncle')
send_command('bind !%numpad2 gs c smn fenrir')
send_command('bind !%numpad3 gs c smn ifrit')
send_command('bind !%numpad4 gs c smn titan')
send_command('bind !%numpad5 gs c smn leviathan')
send_command('bind !%numpad6 gs c smn garuda')
send_command('bind !%numpad7 gs c smn shiva')
send_command('bind !%numpad8 gs c smn ramuh')
send_command('bind !%numpad9 gs c smn diabolos')
send_command('bind !%numpad0 gs c smn caitsith')
send_command('bind !%numpadenter gs c smn atomos')
send_command('bind !%numpad. gs c smn lightspirit')

just change the !%numpad1 and like bind to the relevant keybind you want, windower documentation on that is here: http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id=windower:commands#keyboard_commands so you could make one for example:
Code
 send_command('bind !%s gs c smn shiva')

And that would make Alt + s summon shiva when you weren't in a chat window.

Siren.Blackroses said: »
Broken for me for magical rage pacts. Anyone's working?
It is working for me, if you pm me your lua I'll take a look and see what's up.
By Verda 2016-01-13 20:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple reports that magical blood pact rages aren't working at low TP levels, still. Luacore still hasn't been fixed to include pet.tp, so I removed the functionality for now where it checks your avatar's TP and decides to use tp bonus legs or not. It is definitely a drop in DPS if you're doing magical pacts at low tp so you might wanna adjust your set for what you're doing until they have this fixed . There's a new version uploaded with this fix in place to allow the magical pact rage swap to happen, but until I can access pet.tp again I can't tell it to use enticer's for merit pacts and impact at low tp.

https://github.com/Byrth/Lua-Byrth/issues/405 outlines their discussion on it, thank you especially to Blackroses for pointing it out.

In the header of the files it will say the version, just naming them after the date so should say 1.13.2016, thanks :) When updates come out I sometimes make changes to my version temporarily and had thought this issue was fixed, I'll make sure to keep this more up to date, I was busy with the holidays then had a 2 week cold, didn't really leave me remembering that bit thanks for your reports to me.
[+]
By Verda 2016-01-20 15:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have fixed Pet TP, and also updated both download links and updated the Download & Install Instructions because I now also supply an addon to feed the pet TP to gearswap. I tried doing it only in Gearswap but ran into so much issues this ended up being way better. It does read but never sends any packet.

Other than updates to my sets you're free to base your own sets off of, I have added in some conditional flags at the top that you can set to true false. Inventory is ever more so an issue for me so I can leave some sets at home with organizer if I don't feel I will need them that day.
Code
use_melee = true
use_enfeeb = true
use_nuking = true
use_resistant = true
shattersoul_set = true
exp_rings = true

If any are set to false it won't load the set, and so organizer won't get them from your mog house.

I included the inspect module for debugging but it isn't loaded by default. It simply lets me tail -f a log file and see any data structures I so desire to make it very easy to know the syntax I need for things, most people will never need this but it's included in case you want to turn load_debugging on and do any work on it yourself.

Ok so how the pet_tp addon works, it grabs the packet as Acron said, but if you load that in gearswap, it will force gear changes every time a packet comes in (which is all the time w/ and avatar out and the regain neck on), which could screw up a lot of stuff. So I tried a lot of things but I didn't want to modify core gearswap code and I can't change it's running environment it seems, so an addon was the best solution. Now the pet_tp is passed to the gearswap self command and updates it as it comes in I'm pretty proud of it, as it avoids having to mess with any core stuff.

Any other pet jobs are free to use this pet_tp addon in their gearswaps. Just send a command to load it somewhere in your gs and include it with it. You'll also have to include the self command in gearswap. After that pet_tp is available to use and updated on pet_tp changes.
[+]
By shubb1282 2016-02-01 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, first of all thank you for your work. I was using Motes GS before and had a few bugs and am now using yours as I like it's functionality. A couple of issues I've had that could be completely user error but here goes.

When I have a pet out attacking a mob with favor on my gear changes out of favor mpsaver, this happens whether or not i am engaged. Would be nice to be able to lock this when favor effect if more important then your engaged gear.

Is it possible for Reive necklace to get automatically equipped and locked when in a reive? Similar to councilor's garb in Adoulin?

Also was having trouble when in a UNM or similar NM instance fight when not engaged to NM it wouldn't equip my avatar.idle set while pet was attacking mob. Think i fixed this by adding my idle gear to another set.(was having the opposite problem with Mote's. His when engaged would never return to avatar.idle set.

Again thank you for your contributions and work and I realize there are workarounds for these things just wanted to make it easy when you update not to add a bunch of things in.
By Verda 2016-02-05 14:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Shubb I am glad you are liking the gearswap so far and hope you find it very useful in you adventures :)

To disable the feature you are talking about, in wanting to keep favor gear on while your avatar is engaged, simply comment out or delete the contents of sets.Avatar.Haste, this is what is equipped when you are not engaged but your pet is. I can add a toggle to disable it in the next update.

I can look into having the Reive neck equipped when you are in a reive :)

The rules work as follows right now:
if you are not engaged and pet is, sets.Avatar.Haste is equipped.
if you are engaged, and toggle is set to melee, your melee set is equipped
if you are engaged, and toggle is set to perp, your perp/idle set is equipped but can be overridden if your pet is engaged also.

I can understand wanting more control over this so I will add some toggles in the next update to disable the pet melee set (currently my pet melee set has all my refresh and favor still intact so is why I use it that way).

Thank you for your suggestions and I'll try to update it sometime this weekend.
By shubb1282 2016-02-10 15:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the reply and quick fixes, was so close to perfect now today everything is broken lol. The update jacked it all up, can't even use bp macroes. I think they're working on a fix already.
By Verda 2016-02-10 16:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you're welcome I am glad that worked for you, it seems the mote lib function job_pet_change is never called, and I'm not sure what else is wrong but yes it is a result of the update I'll report to the relevant people as well thank you.

Edit: it is now fixed, thank you windower team
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-02-10 16:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The new LUACore is released so pet midcast/aftercast is working again for Gearswap.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2016-02-29 23:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

When I switch jobs and load up a new Gearswap script, how do I get the keybinds to return to normal? I'm having the issue where once I switch to say COR or DNC, I can't use macros because some of the alt + 1 combinations have been unbound? I'm not sure if that is exactly what I'm experiencing or not, but relogging fixes the issue.
By Verda 2016-03-01 00:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That is handled in the user_unload function in the SMN-lib.lua file. If that isn't working then you might be using different means to switch your lua than normal? That or something else going on. I can confirm it works for me and willing to help you troubleshoot if you can give me some more info on specifically how you are switching jobs/luas.

Here is the lua code it uses:
I switch between different jobs quite a bit and it unloads the keybinds, I just switch jobs in my mog house and it handles it properly on its own.

An alternative to logging out and "resetting" all binds since this isn't working for you at the moment would be these commands:
Code
//clearbinds
//reload luacore
//exec init.txt

That clears all binds, reloads all the lua and lua addons and reloads your init script.
 Sylph.Kuumihumi
Server: Sylph
user: Kuumihumi
By Sylph.Kuumihumi 2016-03-09 00:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a "problem" when i try to use pet action they don't go, all i get in chat is "a command error occurred". It is like it miss the "<t>" or "<me>", everything is fine if i do them manually
By Supa 2016-03-09 00:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuumihumi said: »
i have a "problem" when i try to use pet action they don't go, all i get in chat is "a command error occurred". It is like it miss the "<t>" or "<me>", everything is fine if i do them manually

It sounds like you are missing the shortcuts addon in windower?
 Sylph.Kuumihumi
By Sylph.Kuumihumi 2016-03-09 01:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, i was missing that addon... tyvm
By saydn 2016-03-28 04:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

Thanks for the files, this looks great.
I think I've figured most of it out but I'm getting an error "GearSwap: Cannot find the include file (images.lua).", I've had a look around but can't find the file or where it should go. Could someone point me in the right direct please?

Thanks
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-04-06 11:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a question related to your lua Verda but maybe one you could answer anyway. How would I go about adding a rule to Motenten's SMN.lua that would equip Helios Spats if pet TP is at or above a certain level.

Also, could that same rule use the register event feature to check merit pact lvl and have a have its TP threshold adjusted accordingly? I tend to use my 75 merits to change which pact I have Lv.5 in based on what I'm about to do so if its possible to do, that would be nice.
 Sylph.Kuumihumi
By Sylph.Kuumihumi 2016-04-06 11:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm i noticed sometimes it swap gearset in wrong sequence. for example, when i do ward, it switch to BP delay set, then to avatar idle set and finally to summoner skill set, but at this point it stay on summoner skill gearset and i don't gain the benus by summoner skill. what could cause gearswap to mess with gearset sequence?
 Siren.Blackroses
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-04-15 08:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering, has your version of PetTP been updated or merged to the release on windower? Thanks
By Verda 2016-04-15 12:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

New version released:
Verda-SMN-4-16-2016.zip

* Sets updated
* Visibility of stats based on moon phase, for fenrir on summoner hud. It is not always accurate however, and it being debugged. Enaspir and Endrain are accurate about 90% of the time still trying to figure out which moonphases it's wrong on, help appreciated if you debug it.
* Visibility of stats for dream shroud for Diabolos on HUD.
* Unsure if happy with how much space these eat up on the HUD, if a problem can always toggle hud on and off as needed with appkey + 0.
* fixed some issues with ambuscade and not equipping idle set after a bloodpact, oddly only happened in ambuscade.
* pet_tp addon deprecated and use raw event in the gs itself. Details on that in next post.
* New format, I got pms of people saying they felt intimidated by it, so I have grossly simplified adding gear to it. There are three files:

Player-SMN.lua - This has keybinds, global config options and is the main file loaded when you change jobs, most people won't have to look at this unless they wish to change keybinds.
Player-SMN-sets.lua - This is a more organized only player sets file, where most players will spend their time, and not have to touch other files, it is the data mostly of what gear to equip when and has a table of contents and simple instructions and about as user friendly as I can think to make Gearswap.
Player-SMN-lib.lua - All the hooks and function calls, this part takes more advanced knowledge than just filling in sets, or even switching out keybinds, it's the driving force behind most of it and required.

Player will be your player name, ex. Verda-SMN.lua, Verda-SMN-sets.lua and Verda-SMN-lib.lua

Edit: Forgot to mention I changed the default binds for summoning to use the windows key + numpad instead of alt + numpad, this is b/c too often I'd accidentally summon things.
By Verda 2016-04-15 12:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

A separate post to answer questions:

saydn said: »
Hi,
Thanks for the files, this looks great.
I think I've figured most of it out but I'm getting an error "GearSwap: Cannot find the include file (images.lua).", I've had a look around but can't find the file or where it should go. Could someone point me in the right direct please?

Thanks

You're welcome, and sorry for late replies, if you don't see that then likely your core windower installation is missing some files. I would try reinstalling windower. If that doesn't fix it I can start supplying images.lua with the rest the files.

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
Not a question related to your lua Verda but maybe one you could answer anyway. How would I go about adding a rule to Motenten's SMN.lua that would equip Helios Spats if pet TP is at or above a certain level.
As far as I know, since a certain update, the pet tp variable isn't filled and you have to get it from packets. I tested again recently and didn't seem it worked still, so still have to get that from packets. See below for how you could implement it.

Sylph.Kuumihumi said: »
hmmm i noticed sometimes it swap gearset in wrong sequence. for example, when i do ward, it switch to BP delay set, then to avatar idle set and finally to summoner skill set, but at this point it stay on summoner skill gearset and i don't gain the benus by summoner skill. what could cause gearswap to mess with gearset sequence?

The order of packets received by the client can be wrong sometimes though it is rare, sometimes also you won't receive a packet. These are very niche and very rare however so if this is a consistent problem you could have an error in one of your sets. At the end of this post is a new version try it out and let me know.

Siren.Blackroses said: »
Just wondering, has your version of PetTP been updated or merged to the release on windower? Thanks

I found a way to not have to make it an addon at all, but I did verify it was still working. If I use raw event listener, it won't have the huge slowdowns and weird swapping associated with it if I make the event listener use gearswaps metatables too. Raw in lua means not to use metatables, from what I've learned.

To add a pet_tp variable to any gearswap lua all you have to do is this:
Code
pet_tp = 0
--Fix missing Pet.TP field by getting the packets from the fields lib
packets = require('packets')
function update_pet_tp(id,data) 
	if id == 0x068 then
		pet_tp = 0
		local update = packets.parse('incoming', data)
		pet_tp = update["Pet TP"]
		windower.send_command('lua c gearswap c pet_tp '..pet_tp)
	end
end
id = windower.raw_register_event('incoming chunk', update_pet_tp)

It is important to use raw_register_event instead of register_event. Either that or make an addon as I did before. You can then refer to the pet_tp field whenever you want and it will be accurate, here's how I do it in mine:
Code
    enticersRagePacts = S{
	    'Impact','Heavenly Strike','Wind Blade','Geocrush','Thunderstorm','Meteor Strike','Grand Fall'
    }
    enticersWardPacts = S{
	    'HealingRuby II','Whispering Wind','Healing Ruby','Spring Water'
    }
function job_get_spell_map(spell)
    if spell.type == 'BloodPactRage' then
	if enticersRagePacts:contains(spell.english) and spell.english ~= 'Impact' and pet_tp > 1400 then
            return 'MagicalBloodPactRage'
	elseif enticersRagePacts:contains(spell.english) then
            return 'TPMagicalBloodPactRage'
        elseif hybridPacts:contains(spell.english) then
            return 'HybridBloodPactRage'
	elseif magicalRagePacts:contains(spell.english) and pet.name=="Ifrit" then
            return 'IfritMagicalBloodPactRage'
	elseif magicalRagePacts:contains(spell.english) then
            return 'MagicalBloodPactRage'
	else
            return 'PhysicalBloodPactRage'
        end
    elseif spell.type == 'BloodPactWard' and spell.target.type == 'MONSTER' then
        return 'DebuffBloodPactWard'
    elseif spell.type=='BloodPactWard' and enticersWardPacts:contains(spell.english) then
	return 'TPBloodPactWard'
    end
end

You don't need all those spellmaps, the ones for TPBloodPactWard,MagicalBloodPactRage and TPMagicalBloodPactRage are the ones of interest for your question Alistrianna. I do need to adjust the TP value some, but you then can setup sets with these names:
Code
sets.petmab = { 
	head="Apogee Crown +1",
	hands={ name="Merlinic Dastanas", augments={'Pet: Mag. Acc.+16 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+16','Blood Pact Dmg.+9','System: 1 ID: 1792 Val: 8','Pet: Mag. Acc.+7','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+9',}},
	body="Apogee Dalmatica",
	legs="Apogee Slacks",
	feet="Apogee Pumps +1",
	main=bpmagicstaff,
	sub="Vox Grip",
	ammo="Seraphicaller",
	neck="Deino Collar",
	waist="Kobo Obi",
	left_ear="Gelos Earring",
	right_ear="Esper earring",
	left_ring="Speaker's Ring",
	right_ring="Evoker's ring",
	back=campestres
}
sets.midcast.Pet.TPMagicalBloodPactRage = set_combine(sets.petmab,{legs="Enticer's Pants"})

sets.smnskill = { 
	main=smnskillstaff,
	sub="Vox Grip",
	ammo="Seraphicaller",
	--head="Convoker's Horn +1",
	head="Beckoner's Horn +1",
	body="Beckoner's Doublet +1",
	hands="Lamassu Mitts +1",
	legs="Beckoner's spats +1",
	feet="Apogee Pumps",
	neck="Incanter's Torque",
	waist="Kobo Obi",
	left_ear="Summoning earring",
	right_ear="Andoaa earring",
	left_ring="Globidonta Ring",
	right_ring="Evoker's ring",
	back=conveyance
}
--you want to put tp bonus and + to hp here for stronger cures, smn skill won't matter this is for healing wards mostly
sets.midcast.Pet.TPBloodPactWard = set_combine(sets.smnskill,{
	head="Apogee Crown +1",
	hands="Apogee Mitts",
	body="Apogee Dalmatica",
	legs="Enticer's Pants",
	feet="Apogee Pumps"
})
By Arcto 2016-04-23 19:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to define these like the other LUA Verda?

I have this in my LUA:

sets.avatar["Carbuncle"] = {hands="Asteria Mitts +1"}
sets.avatar["Cait Sith"] = {hands="Lamassu Mitts +1"}

But it still does not equip them when they are out. Any reason why?
By Verda 2016-04-23 19:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't looked at that gearswap so I'm no sure, the sets would have to have rules for them, and they aren't working or aren't setup for that or have a different name/structure.

Mine has this:
Code
sets.perp.Carbuncle = set_combine(sets.perp, {hands="Asteria Mitts +1"})
sets.perp['Cait Sith'] = set_combine(sets.perp, {hands="Lamassu Mitts +1"})

and also this in the post_pet_midcast, though it might not always be optimal to have it midcast in them, I was gonna add a toggle.
Code
function job_post_pet_midcast(spell,action,spellMap,eventArgs)--override equip sets for bloodpacts without lots of messy sets
	d_chat('Pet Post Midcast')
	if pet.name=='Cait Sith' then
		equip({ hands="Lamassu Mitts +1", })
	elseif pet.name=='Carbuncle' then
		equip({ hands="Asteria Mitts +1", })
	end
end

Last I checked it was working correctly but I'll check again and upload a fix if it isn't. If you really need help and invested in another lua, pm me and I'll see what I can do. Edit: checked and it is working correctly.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Noxzema
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2016-07-16 22:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Does your Mana Cede work correctly? I get an error;

"GearSwap: Lua runtime error: gearswap/flow.lua:336:
GearSwap has detected an error in the user function precast:
...86)Windower4/addons/gearswap/libs/Mote-Include.lua:329: Trying to combine non-gear sets."

And I only get 2k tp return vs 3k with my gloves.
By Verda 2016-07-16 22:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine does work right, that is odd. I was getting around to releasing a new version so you can either wait for that or you can try sending me the file in pm, and I will see if when I use it I can figure out the source of your trouble. It's probably less work than going back and forth debugging.

Edit: I also had someone in my ls start using this 3 days ago and said it all worked great.
 Siren.Noxzema
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2016-07-16 22:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I figured it out... Apparently it works better with {}'s, who'da thought lol.

Thanks for offering, it ended up being even less work than that.

Guess that's how it usually goes, ask for help and it either fixes itself or you instantly figure out the problem lol..