Summoner Gearswap (yep Another One :P)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoner Gearswap (yep another one :P)
Summoner Gearswap (yep another one :P)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Verda 2016-10-12 09:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just updating, we resolved the issue.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
By shubb1282 2016-11-15 22:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda do you have a way to update your lua with new rules for the specific physical pacts and enticers pants for low TP? I'm not good enough at it yet to make those changes :) any help is greatly appreciated

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Verda 2016-11-29 19:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I see some definite rooms for improvement in your sets. If you download the lua it has a file called SMN-sets.lua that has literally every piece of gear I use for smn in it. It even has a table of contents with labeled sections to help you out. If you have further questions let me know.

You can also see the latest version here on pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/eDGVqGxc

I make shortcuts like
Code
merlinic_hands={ name="Merlinic Dastanas", augments={'Pet: Mag. Acc.+16 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+16','Blood Pact Dmg.+9','System: 1 ID: 1792 Val: 8','Pet: Mag. Acc.+7','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+9',}}

So that later I can refer to them as:
Code
sets.example = {
hands=merlinic_hands,
}

Then if I reaugment them and get better augments I only have to change the augment at the top of the file rather than multiple sets.

I also use set combining. Example:
Code
sets.petmab = { 
	head="Apogee Crown +1",
	hands=merlinic_hands,
	body="Apogee Dalmatica +1",
	legs="Apogee Slacks +1",
	feet="Apogee Pumps +1",
	main=bpmagicstaff,
	sub="Elan Strap +1",
	ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
	neck="Deino Collar",
	waist="Incarnation Sash",
	left_ear="Gelos Earring",
	right_ear="Esper earring",
	left_ring="Varar Ring",
	right_ring="Varar Ring",
	back=campestres_magic
}

sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage = {
}

sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage = set_combine(sets.petmab,sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage)

This lets me define less sets overall to again change things in less places and make updating and adding gear (even for new users) less work. Combine will override the set on the left with anything in the set on the right. In this case the first sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage is empty so it ends up using everything in sets.petmab, but if you added anything to the first sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage it would end up in the final set.

Other than those two things though which in the end make it easier to add or update gear, it is very straightforward.

Here's my physical at the moment:
Code
sets.midcast.Pet.PhysicalBloodPactRage = { --does physical damage only, like pred claws and spinning dive and volt strike
	main=avatarattackstaff,
	sub="Elan Strap +1",
	ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
	head="Apogee Crown +1",
	body="Convoker's Doublet +1",
	hands=merlinic_hands,
	legs="Apogee Slacks +1",
	neck="Empath necklace",
	waist="Mujin Obi",
	left_ring="Varar Ring",
	right_ring="Varar Ring",
	back=campestres_att,
	feet="Apogee Pumps +1",
}

and hybrid:
Code
sets.midcast.Pet.HybridBloodPactRage = { --At this time is only your flaming crush set
	main="Nirvana",
	sub="Elan Strap +1",
	ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
	head="Apogee Crown +1",
	hands=merlinic_hands,
	body="Apogee Dalmatica +1",
	legs="Apogee Slacks +1",
	feet="Apogee Pumps +1",
	neck="Deino Collar",
	waist="Incarnation Sash",
	left_ring="Varar Ring",
	right_ring="Varar Ring",
	back=campestres_att,
}

And here's FFXI posts I made not long ago for BiS for diff sets with other options:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/64/#3189574
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/65/#3190982

shubb1282 said: »
Verda do you have a way to update your lua with new rules for the specific physical pacts and enticers pants for low TP? I'm not good enough at it yet to make those changes :) any help is greatly appreciated

Yes I need to do that and upload an updated lua. Though that already exists for merit pacts.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Dennis
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: dpvanes
By Fenrir.Dennis 2016-11-30 02:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the gearswap working before, but since I updated it to the latest version I get an error in the console stating that send_command is not loaded. I looked around in windower, but I dont see it there.

Any help appreciated, I was just getting used to the keybinds..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
By Verda 2017-01-13 08:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Dennis missed your post, send_command is core to gearswap so that's a weird error to get. Try the latest here and let me know if you still have issues.

New Version,
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ccy5f87p76iprwc/Player-SMN.zip

I can't even remember all the changes I made D: A few were changes to go with updates, and a lot of gear changes.

I have display_icons defaulted to off as slower machines seem to struggle with it. There's custom includes for aliases and commands to help you keep any you add between updates, they default to off and you need to create the files yourself, if you don't know how to do that then you probably won't make much use of it anyway ;p

Some asked about using this with a controller. The hud isn't needed you can turn that off. The keybinds are just for convenience. But setup your in game macros like:
Code
    //gs c smn carbuncle
    /gs c smn fenrir
    //gs c smn ifrit

etc can help you. You can also setup macros with //gs c cycle damagetaken and any other binds you can convert to in game macros this way to use with your controller. All binds are listed in the Playername-SMN.lua file and start with the word bind.
By SMN4LIFE 2017-01-13 15:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just set up your Lua and so far I like it quite a bit. I do use a controller though so I'm very new to having that many keybinds. I can get some to work holding the CTRL key. Others work while holding the ALT key. But there are some that I can't figure out how to work at all. For example:

send_command('bind @numpad3 gs c smn ifrit')

I press that number holding CTRL or ALT and nothing happens. My keyboard is in full mode.

Also, since I use a controller, how do I get it to call a specific macro page when I use those keybinds?

Any help you can provide would be great. Thank you.

*edit*
It's the "Windows Key" lol. Didn't even think to try that. How do you know what button is the keybind button. Is there a chart? so far I have @=windows key, %=CNTRL, and !=ALT.
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2017-01-13 16:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

docs
Quote:
^ - Ctrl key
! - Alt key
@ - Windows Key
# - Apps key
state

$ - Valid when the FFXI input line is active
% - Valid when the FFXI input line is inactive
By Verda 2017-01-13 17:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for linking and answering Vow :)

SMN4LIFE said: »
Also, since I use a controller, how do I get it to call a specific macro page when I use those keybinds?

I've um never used a controller even once so I don't know how to change a macro palette with one. If you wanted to summon carbuncle with ctrl +1 on your ingame macro palette tho you can just make the macro say //gs c smn carbuncle

Any other listed bind can also be done that way.

send_command('bind @numpad3 gs c smn ifrit')

in the lua becomes

//gs c smn ifrit in your in game macros.
By SMN4LIFE 2017-01-14 08:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Verda,

I can't seem to figure out how to activate the "Conduit Lock" for Apogee and Astral Conduit.

Can you help me out please?

Thank you.
By Verda 2017-01-14 09:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's on by default. It just doesn't let your precast set come on if your avatar is still not finished with their last move basically. It even works for apogee. To turn it off is just type //cl or //cl again to turn it back on it'll say if it was turned on or off in the in game text. The only case I wanted to turn it off is when my avatar dies mid conduit, then I can use fastcast so resummoning them doesn't take forever. I've found that having this just helps not be in the wrong set when spamming pacts in conduit. It also works for apogee though there's always a trade off. If you spam you apogee back to back your recast might be really high since it locked precasts to ensure you are in your dmg set. It's still something I'm trying to make work exactly like I wish but there will be tradeoffs if you spam stuff basically I got tired of my 2nd apogee being low dmg etc if I'd use it back to back...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-14 10:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

if you plan better you can have your precast for fast cast and have it midcast your BP set if avatar is mid-BP

since the server reads precast < action < midcast in one uninterrupted segment, it's impossible for a precast swap to be present when anything besides fast cast is calculated

no reason to ever lose out on fast cast, only bp recast
By Verda 2017-01-14 10:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I could alter it and try that, tho I know for sure I've casted cure in the middle of a bloodpact before and it did the bp in my cure set ~_~ Also have had the opposite happen where I cure terrible but the bp goes off right.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-14 10:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm speaking solely from a technical standpoint, as I use ashitacast not gearswap. Gearswap may not be as streamlined for cases like this(or it could be more streamlined I don't really follow it).

The technical side is that if you precast in FC and your midcast factors in current BP and puts the gear on, you'll never hurt your BP by using a FC precast. Again, not completely familiar with gearswap but may require setting a variable when your BP starts and then reading the variable and overriding your midcast gear if it's set.

Sadly, the same case isn't true for BP- because it has to be on for a tangible amount of time.
[+]
By SMN4LIFE 2017-01-14 12:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
. To turn it off is just type //cl or //cl again to turn it back on

Got it.
Thank you so much. The work you've put into this is amazing. I've had to modify it a bit to adjust to my controller style of play but does everything I wanted my old lua to do and none of the things I wish my old one wouldn't do.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Doryll
Server: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2017-01-17 07:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello !
Great job on this lua, i'm testing it and it seems the Burst mode doesn't equip glyphic hands, i saw a typo error ;
but even with the good name, it doesn't equip the hands.

Do you have a toggle command to hide Avatar's keybinds in the hud ? I love seeing statesmode, but don't need to see keybinds (i'm playing with a controller)
By Verda 2017-01-17 08:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I could add a way to hide just the keybinds.

The conditions for using glyphic hands are:
Code
	if state.burstmode.value=='Burst' and enticersRagePacts:contains(spell.english) and spell.english~="Impact" then
		equip(sets.burstmode.Burst)
	end

I haven't used them in quite a while, merlinic with good augs seems to just beat them. But I'll field test later today.
 Asura.Sagaxi
Server: Asura
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-01-17 09:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Verda, still using, still loving it!

I changed my monitor recently, and every now and then I change resolution. Would there be a proper way to reste HUD position?

Been messing with Xs/Ys, as well as menu+0 (I think it is) from memory, but none of this seems to be working.
By Verda 2017-01-17 09:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi and thanks :D Try setting hud_x_pos and hud_y_pos to 0 then it will be in the upper left corner. To see the effects you need to reload gearswap.

//lua r gearswap
[+]
 Carbuncle.Doryll
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2017-01-30 10:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi !

It seems there's no rules for Perfect Defense, when i summon Alexander, it switch to PhysicalBP during Perfect Defense.

I solved it with this set :
sets.midcast.Pet['Perfect Defense'] = sets.smnskill

I noticed a problem too, when i'm in PetDT, it changes my idle, idle avatar and avatar melee to the sets.petdamagetaken.DT set. But it's not usefull to stay like this if no avatar out or if the avatar isn't engaged. It will be preferable to active this set only when avatar is engaged and return to an idle set with perp/refresh when avatar is idle or off.

Thanks for your great work, this lua seems more efficient for me !!
[+]
By SMN4LIFE 2017-01-30 18:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Doryll said: »
I solved it with this set :
sets.midcast.Pet['Perfect Defense'] = sets.smnskill

Where did you add this? Can you show me? Thank you.
 Carbuncle.Doryll
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2017-01-31 03:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

just with others sets, after the smnskill set.
By SMN4LIFE 2017-01-31 15:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Doryll said: »
sets.midcast.Pet.BloodPactWard = { --uses the smnskill set as base, if you want to override anything htat set you may do so here
    head="Beckoner's Horn +1",
    body="Beckoner's Doublet +1",

You use full Beckoner's for Wards? I just recently found out that it has a chance to increase time.
 Carbuncle.Doryll
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2017-01-31 15:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yes empy set has a chance to increase time for buffs
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2017-02-18 17:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure which update broke this for me, or if its a windower, or some other addon issue.

Whenever I try and use the hotkeys for a BP, I get the error:

>> /pet "Eerie Eye"
...A command error occurred.

I get that with everything I do. I noticed it on my dragoon as well. Any help would be appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Fcube
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fcube
By Ragnarok.Fcube 2017-02-24 09:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »
I'm not sure which update broke this for me, or if its a windower, or some other addon issue.

Whenever I try and use the hotkeys for a BP, I get the error:

>> /pet "Eerie Eye"
...A command error occurred.

I get that with everything I do. I noticed it on my dragoon as well. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem too. It does not seemed to be able to target anything (not enemy or PT members for rage and ward).

Can anyone help?
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-02-24 09:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Strange, I use it and do not have this problem... IT could be a keybind that is not unloaded after the Lua unloads maybe?

Or does it do it for any keybind?
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2017-02-27 15:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't been able to figure it out. I don't use a full keyboard, so somethings are changed, but even when I load the LUA fresh from a download and plugin a full keyboard it does it.

I ended up having to manually create all of the macros on the proper keybinds for BPs that the LUA uses, and edit them all in to add the <t> in. A bit cumbersome with how many macro pages it requires but it works for me so far.