Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Salvage BR2 Gear/Spell Set
Salvage BR2 Gear/Spell Set
By lhova 2015-06-24 08:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi All,

I haven't gotten any gifts yet and I'm stil hunting spells but I'm curious what gear sets and spell sets people are using to spam BR2. Taeon with physical trait spells, Subduction burn, etc. Just curious so that I know what to aim for. Thanks!
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-06-24 09:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much the same sets as Arrapago ;) Cerburus can be brought down pretty easily with Physical Spells spam abuse, even better with Azure Lore :P worst case, if you really have to, Requiescat or Sanguide Blade it :P
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-06-24 09:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The usual sets every blu should have.

Generally I TP normally to gears floors then switch to subduction then switch back to melee. For the last boss I add blank gaze and saline coat to my spell list and keep saline coat up as much as possible for the last 50% of Orthrus. I either go /thf for TH or /war if I just want to rush to the last boss and MGS my way through some floors that I don't need anything off.

It's pretty simple really.
By lhova 2015-06-24 09:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda new to blue so I'm not really 100% sure on sets or spells that's why I was curious on specific sets. For example I tp in full Taeon set with TA/DW augs (use the same set for my thf) with epona's and raja's and dual weild earrings. I also dub the skirm swords (current augs stink due to lack of dusk's and snow's on my server). For magic set I'm using my blm set of hag +1 head, body and pants, helios hands and feet, with appropriate rings and earrings and such. Still using swords since I haven't gotten clubs yet.

My spell list only has 40 spells but I have a lot of the ideal ones. So I wanted to check my current gear and spells against whats optimal in BR2. Thanks!
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Server: Cerberus
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-06-24 10:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30626/the-beast-within-a-guide-to-blue-mage/ and view the spell sets. I generally just use the 60-70 dd sets.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-06-24 11:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, I think ZR2 is just as easy as BR2, and is a faster run for me. This is as BLU/THF. I use subduction almost exclusively till the final floor.
[+]
By lhova 2015-06-24 13:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
For what it's worth, I think ZR2 is just as easy as BR2, and is a faster run for me. This is as BLU/THF. I use subduction almost exclusively till the final floor.

I haven't done to much SR2 so I wouldn't know. I just want to do the fastest one that I can spam. I'll still do AR2 once a day as well.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-24 13:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends entirely if you're farming triple gears, I'd say.

Bhaflau: Has only 2 ramparts you need to activate for the gears (and if I'm not mistaken, the highest ensured alex potential next to Arrapago). Boss is easy with simple HQ pop conditions. Slightly slower start with enemies having much higher HP, but Chain Affinity still wrecks flans.
Silver Seas: Has the advantage of ramparts instantly using Reinforcements (at the cost of them never dropping alex). Easiest HQ boss pop condition, just open the door before a certain amount of time (surprisingly plenty). Bosses are probably the most dangerous, though.
Zhayolm: Nude until 5th floor (barring lamp goodies). Most of the gear farming potential is on floor 4. HQ boss pop condition is not timed, just kill the chariots and gears on floor 6. Boss is easy too.
[+]
By lhova 2015-06-24 13:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Depends entirely if you're farming triple gears, I'd say.

Bhaflau: Has only 2 ramparts you need to activate for the gears (and if I'm not mistaken, the highest ensured alex potential next to Arrapago). Boss is easy with simple HQ pop conditions. Slightly slower start with enemies having much higher HP, but Chain Affinity still wrecks flans.
Silver Seas: Has the advantage of ramparts instantly using Reinforcements (at the cost of them never dropping alex). Easiest HQ boss pop condition, just open the door before a certain amount of time (surprisingly plenty). Bosses are probably the most dangerous, though.
Zhayolm: Nude until 5th floor (barring lamp goodies). Most of the gear farming potential is on floor 4. HQ boss pop condition is not timed, just kill the chariots and gears on floor 6. Boss is easy too.

Are Blu's subduction spam gears to death, charged whisker's?
 Cerberus.Kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-06-24 13:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I meant SSR2 - actually haven't messed with Zhayolm due to being naked the entire time. SSR2 bosses seemed tricky to me at first, specially since they can inflict curse and follow it up with a tier5 nuke that can leave you near dead. But, putting Magic Barrier in your spellset takes away pretty much all the difficulty. I used to bounce between SSR2 and BR2, but it feels like much less walking in SSR2, and the bosses die a lot faster.
 Cerberus.Kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-06-24 14:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Are Blu's subduction spam gears to death, charged whisker's?

Subduction spam is sufficient. If you have a typical subduction gearset with even mild MAB augments, the gears should die in 3 casts.