June Update (PUP)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » June Update (PUP)
June Update (PUP)
First Page 2
By dustinfoley 2015-06-16 07:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting changes:

More hp for our pets
Faster recast of repair (1 min 30 seconds, 1 min with merits)
More hp/repair (80 hp/3 sec with +3 oil, 96 with guignol earring, 104 with guignol + desulters)

Then add in a 4/5 taeon at +5% repair potency.... you get the idea.

Basically, you can keep a perm 100+ regen on pet with merits and +3 oil now. So it frees you up to not have to keep light maneuvers up.

And depending on the % hp boost, hopefully, with ilevel gear we are looking at 4k+ hp pets to be inline with beast pets. But even then i am doubtful they will boost our pets hp to the 6k range it needs to be as a 200% boost would just be wrong to them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-16 07:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My little automaton was damn near unkillable already, after this I won't even have to worry about moves that inflict weakness followed by large spike damage moves killing the puppet. We might actually be able to use the ranger pet effectively now.

Also, Niburu Santi have +10 repair potency on them. Don't you have to keep guignol and desulters equipped to get their effect? I seem to recall having to. If that is the case, I don't know if I would use them over my pdt pieces.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-06-16 08:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If only ranger pet would go into melee range without VE head.
By dustinfoley 2015-06-16 09:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as having to equip the regen+ pot gear for the duration of the regen...

1) If your in a pet only situation, +20% regen potency is pretty much the best earring you can have
2) for taeon, you can have acc/atk + repair + -DT
3) Desulters +10 potency < taeons 5 potency + -5 DT + acc/atk

Pretty sure even the taeon gear needs to stay equiped for the duration of the repair. So for pet only gear its great.

For stuff where your fighting next to your pet...not so much.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-06-16 18:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Of course if you deploy at maximum range it'll run up to the mob (I hope you knew this), but then it'll stay there if the mob moves just enough out of range to avoid melee attacks.

I've always wished for commands like "run to the mob, pretty please" and "STAY RIGHT HERE AND DON'T MOVE DAMMIT". And then there are the times Kenny gets stuck behind Salvage pillars.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-16 18:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, those Salvage pillars. They really need to fix that so they don't trap pets anymore.
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-06-16 19:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone notice any changes to Skirmish II? It 'seems' the monsters are hitting harder and tougher to kill? Even with the same eudamon.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-06-16 19:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

nah, they still seem weaker than when it first came out tbh
By darthmaull 2015-06-16 20:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That is also not the only head that makes it melee. The Harli head also does it and it will allow for faster ranged attacks.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-17 01:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i hope they give us the HP of Bst pets (4k-5k)

but itll probably not be very big....
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-06-17 01:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i still wish they give us a New frame, drk or blu or idk something that would be awesome

maybe let us upgrade out Harrlq frame into something better

im glad there not giving up on updating pup tho
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-06-25 04:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Attachments.

Rararoon sells them in nashma;
every 5 levels a new set unlocks
it looks like every attachment that wasnt sold before.

wind alone:
acc 2 - lvl 30
dm - lvl 65
tc - 80
barrage turb - 65
tc 2 - 99
acc3 - 60
scope 2 - 60
repeater - 75

prices range from 30k for a level 30 up to 750k for a 99 (tc2 + vivi valve 2)
By dustinfoley 2015-06-25 04:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

hp buff is rather laughable.

ss is at 2k
ve is at 3k
harle is at 2.5k
storm is at 1.8k

entirely based on frame
 Bahamut.Jkun
Server: Bahamut
user: Jkun
By Bahamut.Jkun 2015-06-25 04:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The Repair buff is absolutely fantastic though, loads more versatility without having to worry about light maneuvers for regen.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-25 04:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

hp buff is rather laughable.

ss is at 2k
ve is at 3k
harle is at 2.5k
storm is at 1.8k

entirely based on frame

Your numbers look weird to me. All my bodies shot up about 600-700hp. My VE has about 3400hp and Harle has 2800, SS was 2200 about I think and storm was over 2k.

I didn't unequip my attachments however, so that is repair kit 2-3 on I think. Also 10/10 Automaton HP, obviously.

Edit: Harlequin's unexpectedly high HP means it can probably serve as a tank on some occasions, and being able to self cure means it ought to hold hate decently well.
By Nyruul 2015-06-25 05:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Should change the title name of this. "PUP June update" or something.
By dustinfoley 2015-06-25 05:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

why...its in the pup forums
By dustinfoley 2015-06-25 05:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

No attachments, hp/mp + 10 (had points saved to avoid getting MA)

storm = 1588
ss = 1854
ve = 2784
harle = 2305

ar1/2/3
6.3/ 12.5/18.75

ar2/3
storm = 2084
ss = 2433
ve = 3654
harle = 3025
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 05:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Because there are now 2 topics on the main page titled "June Update", one actually for general discussion of the June Update, another for PUP adjustments.

AKA it's confusing.
By Nyruul 2015-06-25 05:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the recent forum feed doesn't say pup forums > june update.

It says, "[xi]June Update" right next to the ambiguous "[xi]June Update" thread.

The PUP specific thread should have a slightly more specific title to identify the difference. Not a big deal, was just pointing it out.
By dustinfoley 2015-06-25 05:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

But it does, if you click forums, it says ffxi -> pup -> june update. Not to mention this thread was around long before the other thread...
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 05:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

But it does, if you click forums, it says ffxi -> pup -> june update. Not to mention this thread was around long before the other thread...
Ok super, you made your thread first but I would argue that the other thread is more relevant to the title "June Update".

As pointed out, the main page doesn't show what forum topics are posted in, so for example, when you made this topic a week ago and it originally appeared on the main page, anyone looking in would have probably thought someone was discussing the June Update, clicked the thread and then realised it was a PUP discussion.

"I did it first" isn't really a valid argument.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-25 05:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Ok super, you made your thread first but I would argue that the other thread is more relevant to the title "June Update".

As pointed out, the main page doesn't show what forum topics are posted in, so for example, when you made this topic a week ago and it originally appeared on the main page, anyone looking in would have probably thought someone was discussing the June Update, clicked the thread and then realised it was a PUP discussion.

Sure it is. Whoever started the new update thread could have called it June Version Update(Version update is usually the title, no?) and there would have been zero confusion. Dustin can't be blamed for someone else picking the same title he picked nine days ago. And like he said, it's in the PUP forum. I'm sure that he is probably like me and doesn't go to the forums from the FFXIAH main page.
 Asura.Womwom
Server: Asura
user: Eilan
By Asura.Womwom 2015-06-25 05:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

June Pupdate!

;D
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 05:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

Sure it is. Whoever started the new update thread could have called it June Version Update(Version update is usually the title, no?) and there would have been zero confusion. Dustin can't be blamed for someone else picking the same title he picked nine days ago. And like he said, it's in the PUP forum. I'm sure that he is probably like me and doesn't go to the forums from the FFXIAH main page.
No one is blaming him but using a vague title for a specific forum topic leads to confusion.
By Nyruul 2015-06-25 05:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambiguous title for a more disambiguous thread. Stop taking offense, I'm not trying to burn you at the stake lol.

If you want me to be a critical *** about it though I will.

Both titles suck, something like...

"Puppetmaster Job Adjustments 6/25/15"

Other one should be...

"June 26th 2015 version Update"

But I'm a format Nazi and all and all it doesn't matter cause it's just a video game forum.
By Nyruul 2015-06-25 06:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget what I said, definitely name it June Pupdate!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-25 06:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No attachments, hp/mp + 10 (had points saved to avoid getting MA)

storm = 1588
ss = 1854
ve = 2784
harle = 2305

ar1/2/3
6.3/ 12.5/18.75

ar2/3
storm = 2084
ss = 2433
ve = 3654
harle = 3025

That looks more in line with what I had. I'll double check to see what attachments I actually had on when I log in later. I just realized my main character was naked so Div wasn't equiped I don't think.

I mentioned it earlier, but I kinda think Harlequin might be my new go-to body for tanking things where I am more worried about magical damage. So pretty much just Zapdos and Ice Tiger. I believe WHM head will cast pro/shell on itself, so it ought to actually be pretty stout. With a few jp into repair it'll always have MP also.
By dustinfoley 2015-06-25 06:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

This 100%, i dont use the main page feed to pick a topic in the forums...i go to the forums. And i have no control that someone made an identically named thread 9 days after mine. If anyone wants to complain about a thread name, go complain to the person who made the thread in the general forum to change his thread name (not that i even know how to change it, i tried but gave up after about 10 seconds when it wasn't obvious).

That and no one seemed to *** at all 9 days ago when this thread appeared that its name was ambiguous, only today, so it obviously didnt bother anyone until now.

I am sorry a thread in the puppetmaster forums is ambiguous, but its not like tabs hold a lot of relestate, open a new tab in the forum menu so you can see where each post is...

I bet you wont like me telling you how to use a forum, when none of us are wrong.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-06-25 06:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Title edited to reflect its puppetmaster focus.
[+]
First Page 2