June Update (PUP)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » June Update (PUP)
June Update (PUP)
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-25 07:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Harlequin is def. the way to go when your pets damage doesn't matter and magic damage is the issue. He protects and shells himself, so Crashing Thunder was doing 40~ damage. Attachments were:

Strobe 1/2
ARK 2/3
Magic Jammer 2/3
Reactive Shield
Mana Tank 3
Armor plate 2/3
Optic Fiber
Heat Sink

I was only doing Hurkan and not Cailihm, so results aren't perfect. But basically, Fire/water/light and I never had to use repair. Also he was doing a pretty decent job of keeping hate off of a rdm and mnk that showed up. Pretty please with him, overall. Also, he cures himself at lower hp. Because of this, I feel it might be worthwhile to actually use some of that automaton cure potency gear we have been getting. Dunno though.

While VE can tank magic fights just fine, I quite enjoyed Harlequin's performance and also the fact that he was still enfeebling, curing me and hasting me.
By dustinfoley 2015-06-25 07:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess its nice that all attachments are being sold, some are stupid expensive, but even then, stuff like vivi valve 2/tc2 are still cheaper on a merchant than they ever were with crafters.

It makes sense though, in 6 months there might not be enough people playing to craft half of the attachments, and stuff like talu ashif with a 1 day lock out and low% drop would be hellva annoying with even less people doing it (not many do it as is).
By darthmaull 2015-06-25 09:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A good test for Harley tanking more magic type nm would be the avatar fights. I did Shiva a bunch but couldn't do past Easy and I used 2 healer trusts. Ve also had a harder time tanking so I ended up using the Run trust. Harley tanking more magical stuff would be great.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-06-26 07:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they did okay on the prices for attachments from the new vendor. Sure, some are a bit lower than they're going for right now on AH (a lot of the recent ones that were selling for 100k are 65k from the NPC). Of course I can't tell on the really new stuff because they haven't been added to FFXIAH yet. And Turbo Charger II at 750K is way above the current AH price of 400K on Sylph.

But there's a level requirement (sure, you could just ask another PUP to buy them for you, and it's not that hard to level these days), and of course there are always people who won't know about the NPC and will pay more on AH. And it's nice to be able to quickly see which attachments you forgot to get (the ones you already have are in green text).

And there are still a few attachments missing, most notably Flame Holder and Ice Maker. They're not really useful, but it's that OCD thing.
By dustinfoley 2015-06-26 07:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ice maker is arguably the best ice attachment. Gives more increase to dmg than all 3 loud speakers combined.

Not that anyone uses blm for nukes anymore, but hey! back in the day it ment something
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2015-06-29 19:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this happened in the June Update or not but I just noticed you can exceed the elemental attachment limit of a frame if you swap frames with the attachments on.

Should be able to notice for example if you have Sharpshot frame up, fill it up and then switch to something with low wind like Stormwaker. It will just say something like 7/4 and keep the attachments on as long as they aren't removed.

EDIT: Boo... nevermind, can't activate it.
By dustinfoley 2015-06-29 19:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

happened when they added the jp to increase the max capacity
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2015-06-29 20:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhhh thanks for the info! :)