First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-06 16:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:
So yeah my brother just did this lol. Thought i'd share it with you crazy people.

bleh, guess I still suck at doing wid add's in here. It's this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbkPz6YJuo8
Just erase the "v=" in your tags.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-07 18:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was surprised at how Shantotto really is when you get some of the more powerful accessories. You can pretty much one shot anyone in seconds.

Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-12 17:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'm stuck on Squall

Utimecia is so cheap.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-12 18:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Squall is really easy from what I hear. If you chain Beat Fang as your Aerial O attack, the enemy slams into the floor. Then spam hit Square, and make sure your aerial HP attack is the one where he does an exploding circle motion. Before most enemies can recover and dodge, the HP attack hits em.

Also, the very same HP move is fast enough to hit if you EX burst-stun then. Beat Fang and Aerial Circle is a winning combination...all the way up to Inward Chaos and beyond. o.o
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-12 20:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah lvl 23 now my first day of playing, getting the low down from LS now. :) I do like the Ex Mode attack for squall.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-12 20:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gah, that is totally not how I imagined Shantotto's voice in my head. lol
 Kujata.Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-13 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You get used to it after awhile. Her Japanese voice is Megumi Hashibara, the same one who did the voice of Lina Inverse (The Slayers).

She can get into some rather exciting battles...
LVL 100 Shantotto vs LVL 100 Cloud

Squall is pretty easy after you play him for awhile. You can rape the enemies brave pretty hard with Beat Fang over and over till they break, then auto summon Titan and Aerial Circle = Death. He's got some other good moves but I can't remember their names.

LVL 100 Squall vs LVL 90 Jecht
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-13 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

While this game looks freaking cool... i tend to get bored and turn away from games like this with mind-numbing flashy graphics lol. Call me wierd I guess, so many visuals and bright flashing at once is a turn off for me.

still looks interesting tho ^^
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-13 17:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously she can self SC Fusion then self MB AM magic hehe

loving the AF2 and Vulcan staff.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-13 17:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact she idle in vulcan is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE tho :O
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-13 17:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

She is so powerful that she can self SC Fusion with a Staff WS followed by a H2H WS (Howling Fist) while Magic Bursting all 5 AMs. <3

I seriously hope that SE DOES NOT make us fight her in the new expansion but I guess that's another topic all together ^^;
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-13 17:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
The fact she idle in vulcan is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE tho :O

She idles in a Pluto too.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-13 17:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:
Antipika said:

She idles in a Pluto too.

Which is still HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE :d Never use earth staff :<
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-13 19:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

She has Herald Gaiters on too, see how fast she is?
 Titan.Blitzchaos
Server: Titan
By Titan.Blitzchaos 2009-09-14 11:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooh mah gaaaawd...

Inward Chaos is the most *** up final boss I've ever fought against... between the most bs movesets and 1 shot rapes, I've probably just wasted 12 hours of my life trying to beat him...

In the end, I only won by luck as I my finger slipped and accidentally attacked while I was trying to dodge... good thing my finger did slip, as the attack interrupted a *** HP attack ><

And if ya'll who already beat inward chaos wonder why I sucked so much... I used Onion Knight >.>; That paper-thin non-legit *** child broke under each incoming attack ><
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-14 16:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I'm having trouble with a lvl 27 Squall ... 3 hrs and I can't beat him with Cloud.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-14 17:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:
Hmm I'm having trouble with a lvl 27 Squall ... 3 hrs and I can't beat him with Cloud.

Because Squall is just that much more awesome. o.o
[+]
 Titan.Blitzchaos
By Titan.Blitzchaos 2009-09-14 18:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Squall AI is pretty horrid... just dash up to his face and block >.>

Pretty much odds are AI Squall will try to attack you whenever you're in his range, so as long as you block all his incoming attacks you can easily counter his *** to death 'A')
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-14 19:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

He keeps getting me with that Rough divide, and I get broken with the weird electro fireballs at the start.

And how do you avoid that drill attack??
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-14 20:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dissidia addicted ex says that Rough Divide should be easy to dodge since it's not delayable by Squall. When you see him start to rush you, hold R and hit X, while pushing your character left or right to dodge it. Beat Fang (the drill?) is hard to avoid if you're stunned from him guarding though, and the electro-blizzard shouldn't pose a threat if you keep moving.

Squall is a "vicious" fighter, going toe to toe with him isn't smart. Play defensively, go for EX crystals when they spawn, and then intentionally get caught in Beat Fang. Then, execute your EX form to break his combo, and also stun him. From there, Square attack him and begin your EX burst attack. :)

Also, if you're comfortable enough with him, immediately after dodging Rough Divide, use Braver(Aerial) if you're still doing Cloud. It *should* hit for some HP damage. Annnnd as always, if all else fails and he still hands your *** to you...allocate the Magic Pot (auto) summon if you have it. That's the best summon in the game, even though you get it really early on!
 Titan.Blitzchaos
By Titan.Blitzchaos 2009-09-14 21:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Eternaltriumph said, Rough Divide is really easy to avoid once you get down the timing of dodges. Also, his Mystic Fury can be avoided by just simply dashing towards him. All of his magics can be deflected by a dash, and it leaves him very open for a counter attack as he's casting.

And I'm assuming the "drill attack" is revolver drive? Just stay in the air til he's out of steam... keep mashing R+X to stay up in the air for a good amount of time.
 Kujata.Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-14 21:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloud and Squall aren't nearly as annoying as Bartz. I hate when he does that Wind Sheer move >.<

Gabranth seems pretty horrible though. I haven't unlocked him but every time he comes up on the Duel Coliseum he's pretty much just a punching bag.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-14 23:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah must admit Rough divide is not too bad to dodge do still get caught sometimes. At the moments I'm dodging and using O attack to build Bravery metre up.

Braver only works if I connect with Climbhazard. well must beat him soon...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [235 days between previous and next post]
 Kujata.Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-07 17:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro Bump ...

Started playing Dissidia again and got Shantotto (<3) the Claustrum and Close to You. Want to try and get a Super Ribbon for +100% EXP and then EXP to Brave.

Played around with the ingame replay editor earlier too.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-07 18:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There is what I have on Youtube from my replays.
[+]
 Seraph.Corrderio
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-05-08 01:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell if you like Gabranth or hate Shantotto xD

The game is pretty fun, so far I'd have to say my best characters are Terra and Onion Knight. Squall was my first 100 but I haven't used him in ages.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-08 01:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloud was my first 100 (yaya generic I know). Pretty limited in his attack options though; very predictable. Omnislash helps a great deal in that department though ...
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 01:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got 4 mains

Squall

Kefka

Emperor

Jecht.

I like playing Squall for simpler fights, Kefka is awesome against the mages, he can really *** them up with his hard to understand attack patterns, Emperor is fun as hell against people who run head long or need to be in striking distance of you

Jecht is a beast if you start comboing
 Seraph.Corrderio
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-05-08 01:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's one thing I hate about Kefka, his attacks make it hard for me to read even playing as him. He is however pretty awesome I'll admit that, however Terra's Holy Combo in EX Mode is pretty nice.

I need to get to work on squall a bit and look up some combo lists since I haven't seen a good Brave > HP Combo unless you time it right or are in the right spot.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 01:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played it in a long while, but I'm pretty sure it was beat rush into a fated circle made for the best Brave > HP

Beat rush is a beast of a move anyways
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7