users online
Forum » FFXI » General » HP Bayld Farming
HP Bayld Farming
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 12:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have talked this over to death with some people, and most will agree: use your gil to buy hpb when available, convert your unusued bayld to hpb when you hit 1,000,000. There isn't one person whose sole primary method of obtaining HPB was from lair/colo/wkr's, but rather, a combination of all of the above methods. When we are talking about doing something for 54 days straight, we are just using theoretical scenarios, not even considering how many realistic hours someone is going to actually be playing.

I don't believe there is one person to date who has made an ergon solely off of reives, and if there is, or someone is working towards it, speak up. Its possible with alex and currency, but for HPB, its a grueling task.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-15 12:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing Idris on farming only, started this last weekend currently at 900 HP-Bayld.

When I made Epeolatry I had some help. In the process of paying off the debt and building their Idris best I did was a combo of farming and buying, earning about 2.1k H-P Bayld in a week. I only bought about 4 stacks.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-15 12:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I'm doing Idris on farming only, started this last weekend currently at 900 HP-Bayld.

Your numbers don't add up then. How many chars?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-15 12:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

One character. Does 2-2.5M/Day with 40-90 direct drops.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-15 12:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmkay, and how many hours a day? I'm sorry if I'm a tad suspicious, people have a habit of underplaying how long stuff takes when it comes to R/M/E discussions.
By Creecreelo 2015-01-15 12:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Do 2 circuits of all the colonization reives in Foret you will make about 200k bayld and up 8 direct HP-Bayld drops with some luck.

When you have spare time/bored. Morimar is also good for circuits but reives go down gas and have a long repop.

You can walk of Adoulin and plan a route to Ra'Kaznar. Hitting all reives along the path will net you a few 100k Bayld and several HPs.

There are 10 col. reives in Foret, and each gives a max of 3k~ish bayld per reive. Aren't the col. reives here still an hour repop too? I'm 99% sure that they are.

Unless you are multi-boxing with multiple chars and/or killing every lair reive there too, there's no way you are making that much Bayld an hour. 8ish HP bayld per 20 col. reives seems about right though.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-15 12:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They actually give between 5-6k balyd at 10-12k a pair. I use a Homestead + kclub and use Aeolian Edge to boost the numbers. But like I said its the best area to legitimately farm. So is Marjami and Outer but they are botted heavily.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-15 12:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They actually give between 5-6k balyd at 10-12k a pair. I use a Homestead + kclub and use Aeolian Edge to boost the numbers.

Hmmm. I usually just go geo and murder both the tree and the adds with aoe nukes. I don't think I've seen bayld amounts that high, unless more attacks means more bayld.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-15 12:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

2-3 AE should cap each eval when hitting enough mobs along with tree
By Chyula 2015-01-15 12:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Mmkay, and how many hours a day? I'm sorry if I'm a tad suspicious, people have a habit of underplaying how long stuff takes when it comes to R/M/E discussions.

gotta be 24/7 botting hours.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-15 12:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

Lol no you don't get that type of output botting
By Chyula 2015-01-15 12:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Chyula said: »

Lol no you don't get that type of output botting

oh right, Plust speed hax to acheive that kind of bayld amount when he is dragging longer by getting evaluation. basically cut travel time to 0.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-15 13:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Good god so much density are you a dark star?
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-01-15 13:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

2,500,000 a day at 12k a colonization reive is 208 colonization reieves.

At 10/ hr thats 21 hrs a day to get those numbers on a single character...and thats assuming you dont miss any/no one clears one before you get there/no one else is doing them and you always get max points

So yeah gonna go with botting or lieing about numbers
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-15 13:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And im gonna go with hitting every lair reive along the way which die in 2 ws?
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-15 13:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Then they'd have to add relic weapons to them as well, creating more lore - which they didn't even do for the Aht Urghan jobs.
Well they already did that.
Sorta.
Kinda.
The Ergon Weapons are RUN and GEO's Relic-Empyrean-Mythic Weapons.
The weapons themselves are ghetto!Mythics. (Mythic JA augment style, Mythic AM, but no sameWSdmg boost.)
While the WSs tied to them are SE's answer to RUN and GEO not having Relic/Empyrean access. (Eg: they have Light property. Just like Relic and their ghetto substitutes, Empyreans. Not to mention being "high damage" so we don't complain about not having Relic and Empyrean access... SE's logic.)

What they should have done when ToAU was added, was add those jobs to relevant Relics.
Then again with WotG.
And again with SoA.
But then... Had they done that... We'd have no CDC, Fudo, Rudra's, Ochain, nor Daurabluhs...
So...
A blessing they shat on updating Relics.
(Though why we must keep not doing that is beyond me.)
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 13:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that Ergon weapons gave the epeolatry and idris their respective 30% increase.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-15 13:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that Ergon weapons gave the epeolatry and idris their respective 30% increase.

Nope, sadly.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-01-15 13:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

whatever make you sleep better at night and wake up happy with 2.5m bayld.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 13:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, sadly.
Damn it.

Dimidiation really needs that 30% boost.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-15 13:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.
They do not.
Which is why I compare them to Empyrean weapons.
They are, quite literally, "Mythic Empyrean Weapons"...
Empyreans came to be because BLU, PUP, COR, DNC and SCH had no relic access. So SE made a new set of high-damage-low-delay weapons (with identical or near identical DMG and delay to Relics before they got 119'd).
They even mimicked Relic weapons so long as their AM was maintained. (You could even view them as inverse Relics. ODD is permanent on Relics, AM-only on Empyreans; stat shenanigans are AM on Relics, permanent on Empyreans.)
But unlike Relics, they lacked the +40%dmg.

Same with Ergons. They lack the damage boost of their "equal" Mythics, but they have similar action when AM is up. (Though unlike Empys and Relics, Ergon AM is the same as Mythic.)
By gargurty 2015-01-15 13:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont know how you guys do it but the most i got from killing lair rieves is a low 10k an hr, and the drop of h-p is so freaking bad. Sometimes i got 1 per 6 hrs and sometimes 10 in 6 hrs. So i stopped doing that and just let h-p come naturaly. I dont dyna or salvage so it wil be slow, but i dont care. Sometimes my ls give me free h-p for some i get good deals. And thats ok, im not getting burned in wanting a weapon in 2 months and then stop playing it cos i played the game too much. One day i will be an idris owner :) Right now im on tier 3 613/2500 and i do my coalition every day, every gil i make in delve or incursion or skirmish (whatever is being planned) i join and convert to h-p. Downside no gear for other jobs to get to hnm level. Think thats the best way too look at it. A long time investement while having fun with the game.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2015-01-15 13:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They actually give between 5-6k balyd at 10-12k a pair. I use a Homestead + kclub and use Aeolian Edge to boost the numbers. But like I said its the best area to legitimately farm. So is Marjami and Outer but they are botted heavily.

I literally just farmed the colonization reives in Foret, and they each only gave a max of around 3k~ each, so... And using Kclub and Homestead and spamming AE doesn't boost the bayld. Causing extra dmg to the mobs only increases the amount of exp you get when doing reives.

I've farmed reives like crazy, especially when doing Idris, so this just sounds like a lot of misinformation to me.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 14:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is making an Ergon for the WS increase. AFAIK, Idris is vastly superior to Epeolatry in terms of sheer party assistance. Call it a ghetto Mythic, but it will take a kid from the hood to wall street the moment it is obtained. They should have some sort of damage boost, but even without it, Idris probably gets that boost simply by using Frailty anyways (cept its not ws specific).

As far as RUN goes, don't really see a large increase to anything besides the PDT II. Liementga is cool, but, moving on...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 14:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
Dont know how you guys do it but the most i got from killing lair rieves is a low 10k an hr, and the drop of h-p is so freaking bad. Sometimes i got 1 per 6 hrs and sometimes 10 in 6 hrs. So i stopped doing that and just let h-p come naturaly. I dont dyna or salvage so it wil be slow, but i dont care. Sometimes my ls give me free h-p for some i get good deals. And thats ok, im not getting burned in wanting a weapon in 2 months and then stop playing it cos i played the game too much. One day i will be an idris owner :) Right now im on tier 3 613/2500 and i do my coalition every day, every gil i make in delve or incursion or skirmish (whatever is being planned) i join and convert to h-p. Downside no gear for other jobs to get to hnm level. Think thats the best way too look at it. A long time investement while having fun with the game.

We might be twin brothers, because this is exactly my philosophy.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-01-15 14:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the fastest method of farming hpb is the skirmish route. Buying them of course is even faster if the supply is available. I bought 2/3 of my hpb from the market but the rest I farmed doing yorcia in and outs. It would have been far cheaper if I had done the whole thing from in and outs but as 4 of the characters were loaned to me I couldn't take that long (legit play allows for 16 - 18 runs an hour which is around 56 hpb an hour in yorcia).
 Asura.Alexandero
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-15 14:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SE just needs to make content where people can actually solo farm a bunch of HP bayld reasonably. Having the economy depend on people botting and/or getting them inadvertently through other content is simply bad design.

This. If this is the equivalent of a Mythic, where is our Salvage?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 14:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexandero said: »
SE just needs to make content where people can actually solo farm a bunch of HP bayld reasonably. Having the economy depend on people botting and/or getting them inadvertently through other content is simply bad design.
This. If this is the equivalent of a Mythic, where is our Salvage?

Wildskeeper reives.

Yeah, I ain't buying it either.
 Asura.Alexandero
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-15 14:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
I think the fastest method of farming hpb is the skirmish route. Buying them of course is even faster if the supply is available. I bought 2/3 of my hpb from the market but the rest I farmed doing yorcia in and outs. It would have been far cheaper if I had done the whole thing from in and outs but as 4 of the characters were loaned to me I couldn't take that long (legit play allows for 16 - 18 runs an hour which is around 56 hpb an hour in yorcia).
Even farming dyna to buy them seems unreasonable. If you can net about a mil per run, the current price on Asura is 500M, which means you still have to log on every single day for the next 500 days to obtain them. Not cool SE, not cool at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-15 14:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing though, you don't JUST do one thing to obtain them. You have many different things you can do.
[+]