HP Bayld Farming
 Asura.Alexandero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-15 14:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
That's the thing though, you don't JUST do one thing to obtain them. You have many different things you can do.

Right, I guess that's ok with some people. Doing dynamis for 2 hours then farming bayld the rest of your game time (assuming you have more than 2 hours) kind of removes the word "game" and replaces it with "job".

If mythics could be farmed via Salvage in quantities far surpassing the current rate of HP Bayld, I don't get why we don't have an equivalent.

Im cool with working toward a long term goal like the Mythics or Relics. This just seems unreasonable though. I mean, we've seen already in this thread that it's obviously unreasonable enough to justify the risk of doing things against the ToS (Not that I have issues with that at all...).

Basically, you can farm for 600 days, Bot for 52 days, or work a job for $20/hour for 50 hours and convert. I doubt anyone will pick option A.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-15 14:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexandero said: »
"job".

If mythics could be farmed via Salvage in quantities far surpassing the current rate of HP Bayld, I don't get why we don't have an equivalent.

That's been FFXI ever since** the beginning. It's always been a job, not a game. (youthinkthisisagame.jpg)

You just hadn't been subjected to it yet, welcome to the real ffxi.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-15 14:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just suck it and buy bayld from botters.

On a side note, is very funny seeing boter in a lair reives. 3 afk players with their trusts, and you can see an army of 12 bloodthristy people, just waiting the faintest sight of reive to appear to destroy it.

Call it cowardice.
 Asura.Alexandero
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-15 14:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"job".

That's been FFXI ever since** the beginning. It's always been a job, not a game. (youthinkthisisagame.jpg)

Been around since release. There's never been something this unreasonable.
 Asura.Alexandero
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-15 14:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Just suck it and buy bayld from botters.

On a side note, is very funny seeing boter in a lair reives. 3 afk players with their trusts, and you can see an army of 12 bloodthristy people, just waiting the faintest sight of reive to appear to destroy it.

Call it cowardice.

Yeah, buying it is the only thing that currently makes any Time-Value sense. There are a lot more ways to get gil than farming for 500 days. :)
By Pantafernando 2015-01-15 14:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything, if you are 2+ boxing, just try doing coalition task for all chars. The time wasted is marginally lower adding one more to party, and by the time you get legend, you will have 2+ living bayld storage.

I dont remember the possible amount of bayld you can gain by reaching legend in all coalition, but im sure isnt a neglible amount.
 Asura.Alexandero
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-15 15:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything, if you are 2+ boxing, just try doing coalition task for all chars. The time wasted is marginally lower adding one more to party, and by the time you get legend, you will have 2+ living bayld storage.

I dont remember the possible amount of bayld you can gain by reaching legend in all coalition, but im sure isnt a neglible amount.

:( Riding solo
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 15:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just recently hit Legend in 5 coalitions from absolute scratch. About to be 6, and I can tell you, the amount of Bayld I have earned from start to finish isn't even 600k. Between WKR, soloing reives, redoing missions/quests etc, I have accumulated about 2.5 million bayld casually (not really farming it), and I can say that the bayld earned from the coalitions is nothing great in comparison with the time invested.

In all honesty, let's call a spade a spade. Either you're going to put in the work to get the damn item, or you're just going to concede and find an easier and much more expedient way to get it done. I.E. buy gil/bot reives/multi-box 6+ characters and skirmish. You can't blame people for taking that route, because its so unbelievably unreasonable to acquire otherwise.

Personally, I don't have any rush to get the item, because there is no content in the game right now that even requires an idris. It sure makes the job a lot more fun, but to me, there is no rush to get it done. So I'll take my time accumulating it. For others, they may choose to just get it done in a few weeks time. That's all on them. Like Vaj has said, people have done things like that since the beginning of FFXI. Pick your level of play.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-15 15:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets consider woe as an example.

If you farm it for 1h and get it, you can sell it for 3m (odin prices), that is 85 hp bayld (35k each), or 850k bayld in an hour.

If you farm delve, and just can clear it in an hour, its 400k, so 11 hp bayld or 110k bayld. If you can win a lot for mat, you can triple your income.

If you do vw and manage in a hour a af mat, its 1m, so 28 hp bayld or 280k bayld.

Dynamis conservative should be 100 coins/hour, so 600k, 17 hpbayld or 170k/h.

Salvage is 100 coin for 1h clearing, 700k, 20 hp bayld or 200k bayld/h.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 15:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

How much bayld can you earn per hour if you just buy the gil, Panta?
By Pantafernando 2015-01-15 15:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I never bought gil, but i do invest in new accounts.

I prefer giving gil money (ffxi too much...) to SE instead chineses slaves.
 Asura.Alexandero
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-15 15:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I never bought gil, but i do invest in new accounts.

I prefer giving gil money (ffxi too much...) to SE instead chineses slaves.

Well, RUN is my fav job, and Im getting that damn sword, whether they like the way I get it or not!
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2015-01-15 15:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we all agree there's no efficient way to farm HP bayld and doesn't even compare to farming Alex, HMP, or dyna currency.

I think SE took the wrong approach to introduce new endgame weapons for the new jobs. The formula for introducing a new endgame weapon type was to give one for every job. Farming for currency that only two jobs uses narrows the market greatly.

Old currencies are easier to farm due to the difficulty of the content and frequency of them dropping. Honestly, SE doesn't care these days.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-15 16:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis would be 400 coins and more for 2h, so average 200 perhour...
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-01-17 13:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

"job".

Been around since release. There's never been something this unreasonable.

I guess you forgot how unreasonable relics were to get when they first came out.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2102 days between previous and next post]
By fltraceur87 2020-10-19 05:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i found a decent way of farming bayld is to do WKR during a bayld campaign. you're able to cap out bayld at 50,000 in about 10 to 15 min. once you reach cap either die or warp out grab another KI and reenter. repeat this until boss is dead.

i usually get about 150,000 to 200k bayld before i kill the boss.
By Thunderjet 2020-10-19 06:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fltraceur87 said: »
i found a decent way of farming bayld is to do WKR during a bayld campaign. you're able to cap out bayld at 50,000 in about 10 to 15 min. once you reach cap either die or warp out grab another KI and reenter. repeat this until boss is dead.

i usually get about 150,000 to 200k bayld before i kill the boss.
thats old news i used to do that too, you could also do the Skirmish 6 ppl rotation when campign is off but it got nerfed i think
By Pantafernando 2020-10-19 07:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

10 or 15?

The other day, i got that just spamming a couple of jinpus against yumcax to get the win for some mules in the first evaluation.

So, all you need to do is to deal a couple of heavy dmg.

But the real method fo fsrm HP bayld is ambuscade. If youre really hurting to extra, you should rotate some 1$ mule, maybe convincing someone to let that mule leech for 3 sealed runs.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-19 07:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, i always thought this guy was Eyril.

If not him, some close relative. Same school of writing.
[+]