Best Flaming Crush Gearset???

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Best Flaming Crush gearset???
Best Flaming Crush gearset???
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-01-03 13:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's been discussed before, but I haven't seen anything recently, but what about Caller's Sash vs Mujin Obi (hopefully they get replaced soon...). I've personally always used the obi for FC just because 2 MAB doesn't sound like much (neither is 10 atk tbh), but has there been a decision, or is it just preference still?
By Zoltar 2015-01-03 14:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked this on several occasions, people kept telling me sash > obi because the magic portion is stronger...Something like that
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2015-01-03 19:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

iv always got better dmg from flaming crus than any other physical because its easy to gear for than a normal bp, but on high lvl content I tend not to use it because of the acc issue, theres a few vids of some dude getting 85k flaming crushes on adl and 45k crushes on kahmir drifts delve boss, I highly doubt any other phisicals get near that even with his gear
[+]
By Zoltar 2015-01-03 20:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I get highest dmg with FC as well. On high-level content I eat food for added accuracy. Akamochi is good for pet acc/att where needed.
[+]
By Heimdel 2015-01-03 20:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
I know it's been discussed before, but I haven't seen anything recently, but what about Caller's Sash vs Mujin Obi (hopefully they get replaced soon...). I've personally always used the obi for FC just because 2 MAB doesn't sound like much (neither is 10 atk tbh), but has there been a decision, or is it just preference still?
I was of the understanding mab fo r avatars worked ediferent than mab for players.
By Zoltar 2015-01-03 22:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha thanks, having fun with it so far. Just made mincemeat of Umagrhk and got an Orunmila's Torque
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-03 23:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Siren.Noxzema said: »
I was of the understanding mab fo r avatars worked ediferent than mab for players.
MAB is MAB is MAB.

FC is both physical and magical.
The magic terms are affected by MAB, and the physical terms by attack.
Iirc the first hit is the magical one and the rest of the hits are physical whose base damage is determined by the damage of the magical hit...
Or I may have that backwards.
I can never remember.

This is why, in a vacuum, belt winds up being better than the obi. Though with respect to other gear (eg lots of MAB gear and little attack gear in other slots) can shift the value to the other.

Also, fun fact...
"Breath attacks", spells and magical weaponskills whose damage type is "breath", aren't affected by MAB.
However, Conflag Strike IS affected by MAB.
And now we know it deals breath damage.
So ever since CS was implemented, *technically* SMN's MAB became unique.
Though only in regards to that single ability. (Which makes me really curious about their coding the other breath attacks...)
[+]
By Acacia 2015-01-04 10:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Also, fun fact...
"Breath attacks", spells and magical weaponskills whose damage type is "breath", aren't affected by MAB.
Though only in regards to that single ability. (Which makes me really curious about their coding the other breath attacks...)
Nether Blast is also affected by MAB.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-01-06 10:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc the first hit is the magical one and the rest of the hits are physical whose base damage is determined by the damage of the magical hit...

Yep it's backwards. There are two or three physical hits, followed by one magic hit. I believe it's three, so 4 hits total including the magic hit, just based on the damage spread I see.

The damage of the magic hit is directly tied to the damage from the physical hits, meaning if all the physical hits miss completely then the magic hit will also miss (something normally impossible for a magic attack).

That's the basis for my belief as to why BP damage is so powerful on this BP compared to MAB. It's also why I use Mujin Obi over Caller's Sash, and I'm actually still on the fence about Sacrifice Torque vs. Eidolon+1. I switch between the two frequently, trying to determine which is better, but I think it would take a ridiculously massive dataset to truly answer this.

I do, however, agree that MAB is MAB. As far as I know, it works the same on avatars as players. Though keep in mind, avatars do have native MAB. I believe it's +40.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-06 16:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Acacia said: »
Also, fun fact...
Nether Blast is also affected by MAB.
Is Nether Blast "breath"? I just thought it ignored MDT/MDB/whateverelse.
Though I have not run into it ever taking a nosedive in damage from w/eNM... Unlike Conflag Strike... Oh Conflag Strike... Y u be so shitty good? You're like the SMN of BPs...

Asura.Pergatory said: »

Yep it's backwards. There are two or three physical hits, followed by one magic hit. I believe it's three, so 4 hits total including the magic hit, just based on the damage spread I see.

The damage of the magic hit is directly tied to the damage from the physical hits, meaning if all the physical hits miss completely then the magic hit will also miss (something normally impossible for a magic attack).

That's the basis for my belief as to why BP damage is so powerful on this BP compared to MAB. It's also why I use Mujin Obi over Caller's Sash, and I'm actually still on the fence about Sacrifice Torque vs. Eidolon+1. I switch between the two frequently, trying to determine which is better, but I think it would take a ridiculously massive dataset to truly answer this.

I do, however, agree that MAB is MAB. As far as I know, it works the same on avatars as players. Though keep in mind, avatars do have native MAB. I believe it's +40.
Ah. Thank you, I always get which is the first damage hit inverted.

I think Eidolon is better for FC... And Caller's better than Sacrifice Torque...
Basically, I don't see 3atk in this day and age, with all the other gear we have, beating out 5MAB or 8~9acc.

And BPdmg is always the best for damage. Regardless of the multihit or not. (Also pretty sure its % increase is added to the end of the total and not per hit.)
On crapmobs, +50MAB can wind up being better than +6%dmg, but why bother losing inventory for crap that dies in one BP regardless? (Idgaf about Epeen numbers...)

Also: sorry for the quote wall. On phone and is horribly hard to edit quotes on it.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-01-06 17:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been my (completely unsubstantiated) experience that Sacrifice Torque adds far more damage than can be explained by the apparent 3 attack increase. Infer what you will from that, maybe there's hidden stats or maybe I'm just too stubborn to let go of what used to be the *only* necklace that did anything at all for SMN, but I continue to swear by it.
By Zoltar 2015-01-06 21:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sacrifice Torque is junk. Use Eidolon +1.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-01-07 03:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have mine, and still use it for Physical pacts.
Other then that, it's still an insanely handy piece for those times I get slept with an avatar out.

As for Flaming Crush, yeah I use Eidolon +1.
[+]
By Zoltar 2015-01-07 06:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

On physicals I'm still using Caller's Pendant...skill + tp for me...
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-01-07 07:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
It's been my (completely unsubstantiated) experience that Sacrifice Torque adds far more damage than can be explained by the apparent 3 attack increase. Infer what you will from that, maybe there's hidden stats or maybe I'm just too stubborn to let go of what used to be the *only* necklace that did anything at all for SMN, but I continue to swear by it.

Used to be until the augmented beak necklace got released from ACP that has pet:att+5.
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-01-07 11:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What doyou guys think about the Ngen Seraweels for legs for flaming crush? I think it'd be better than hagondes legs augment right?
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-07 11:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rumblepakk said: »
What doyou guys think about the Ngen Seraweels for legs for flaming crush? I think it'd be better than hagondes legs augment right?

I use Ngen Seraweels for all my physical BP builds. I'm sure there's opinions on both sides of the fence on which legs are best for physcial, but for me those are what I use - at least until something better comes along.
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-01-08 23:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Its most likely the ngen because everyone has been saying +5% bp damage is better than pet MAB on hagondes legs, same goes for the spurrina gages. i also read that even the hagondes feet with augments arent as good as +5% bp dmg.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Warviper
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-03-25 01:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you guys aiming for some of the Helios Gear to be augmented with Accuracy or Attack? or going full MAB + BP dmg augments???
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-25 02:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

BP damage and MAB is the way to go for Flaming Crush.
As far as I know it's still undecided wether Double attack or Critical hit rate is better as Leaf augment.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-25 02:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's pretty decided that Critical Hit Rate is the way to go instead.
Most (all?) physical damage BP seem to be able to crit. Magical BP ones of course don't, so they won't likely benefit from Crit, but then again they won't benefit from DA either.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-25 03:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think it's pretty decided that Critical Hit Rate is the way to go instead.

Alright, thankfully I won't have to change anything on that Helios set then.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-25 04:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have DA+8 on both the Helios pieces I currently augmented.
In my defense I got DA+8 on my first and only Leaf stone trade lol.

It's not that DA sucks btw, it's more than Crit is so much better, period.
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-02 08:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone decided wether a Helios feet with crit, BPdmg and MAB augments is better than hagondes feet?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-02 09:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is You aren't yelling "FLAMING CRUSH!!!" at your screen correctly when using the BP.. there is a pause between flaming (yelled when he holds up his hand) and crush when he smashes ***...

this aint the *** mall... nobody cares what shoes you're wearing.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-04-02 10:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rumblepakk said: »
Has anyone decided wether a Helios feet with crit, BPdmg and MAB augments is better than hagondes feet?
It's much better. In fact, Helios with bp damage & mab augments can even beat Hagondes Sabots for pure magic BPs in most setups.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-04-02 10:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a mix of both Crit Rate and Double Attack for my Flaming Crush set. That way Ifrit's double atacks have a higher chance to crit.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-02 10:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
I use a mix of both Crit Rate and Double Attack for my Flaming Crush set. That way Ifrit's double atacks have a higher chance to crit.

I do this as well.
[+]