Jeanpaul's Dat Mod Workshop!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » Jeanpaul's Dat Mod Workshop!
Jeanpaul's Dat Mod Workshop!
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
By Draylo 2015-06-27 02:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-06-27 06:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Stickied, because it is awesome.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-08 14:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated for August 2015. The FFXIDats site was having some difficulty the day of the update and I haven't had a moment to check it again since then.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-16 21:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated for September 2015
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-11-03 01:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump because reasons.
Edit: 2 seconds after posting this I saw it was stickied by Rooks...
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-10 23:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated for November 2015
[+]
 Shiva.Tilanna
Server: Shiva
user: Tilanna
By Shiva.Tilanna 2015-11-14 14:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for keeping these updated. Realized after the update when I lost them that I really relied on them more than I thought.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-11 06:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated for December 2015
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-24 11:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to add the Job Master Stars icon dats to this thread too so they don't get lost:

http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1359
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-06 15:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking of shifting this thread into a direction to include my other dat mods, or at the very least my current works. Anyway, lately I've been focused on reworking Escha to have color. My initial effort started with copying the textures from normal sky, which was fine for all the vegetation, cermet, and water.

I still wanted to get the lighting and atmosphere into something unique, so I tried swapping regular sky and Escha sky dats to see what would happen.

While it plays fine, there are a few discrepancies, such as the giant chunk of bridge by Byakko being present and obscuring that whole section, as well as the doors being passable, leading to a zoning attempt which causes an error. To avoid any kind of banning or whatever, I had to search for a new method.

I went into the dat for Escha and found a few things in relation to time, such as a section of code that tells the clock to remain at like, 1100 AM. Deleting that code got the sun to move in the sky again, which was kinda neat.

However, I decided that rather than make Escha look exactly like the normal sky, I'd rather it be something like outer space. Eventually I found there are lighting and color values associated with the various times of day, by weather. This is what causes that drastic lighting change in the mornings. I modified the values here to be like normal sky at midnight.

I especially liked that underlighting effect, so I was off to a good start. I wanted to add stars too, so I copied that section of code from regular sky to Escha.

Looks great, right? Problem is, I screwed up and accidentally negated the display of the water and clouds, so I need to look into it. There's still a large dark grey/brown patch in the sky where the sun would normally be that I need to remove, without compromising the other visual effects. My attempts so far have only led me to create a super fruit popsicle versions of Escha:

So, here I am back at square one, trying to figure out how I can add/remove each little piece when possible. Ideally, I would love to have the "floor" of Empyreal Paradox in there, but Paradox's floor is a model, not a visual effect, so it's not a simple copy and paste. I'm not even sure I have the tools to do something like that.

Anyway, I'd love to get some feedback on this stuff.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-01-06 16:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I really have nothing to say other than that the floor of Paradox would be badass. Although the terrain underlighting in super fruit popsicle Sky looks cool.

Have you looked into the skybox from the final fight of Rhapsodies? The base dark cloud look might give Escha - Ru'Aun a similar outer space flair (while still fitting thematically).
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-06 16:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good suggestion, I'll have to consider that too. BCs might be a bit trickier to work with since they contain 3 battlefields and the lobby area, so they might not transition well. I'll definitely experiment with Paradox and Reisen Shrine though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-06 19:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Working with Escha Sky has given me a lot of insight in regards to adding and removing effects. In this case, I was able to remove the glow around Veridical Confluxes, which helps framerate on older machines significantly.

The dat is available here:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1361
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-08 00:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Colour in Escha Ru'Aun would be great. Then at least whenever Dremi tells me that it's such a sunny day, I can totally agree.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-10 12:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the stars and icons for Feb 2016. As far as I can tell though, nothing changed.
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-03-01 08:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Is the link to the dats updated in the main OP?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-01 08:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has been up for a year and a half and nobody has made this joke yet?

"Dat Mod"

[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-01 12:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

KnifeKatRengar said: »
^ Is the link to the dats updated in the main OP?
The links don't need to be updated, I just have to update the files themselves. So to answer your question, yes, you can use the links in the OP and they will always be up to date.

Basically, if there's an update, and you notice your dats were reverted to their original form, check back here.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-03-19 17:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Jeanpaul, could you upload that addon you've mentioned yesterday? Just want that before we get into what custom music you use :p
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-19 17:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's my brother's addon, I can talk to him about it when I get a chance. It's also a bit complex since rather than defining user settings, like how most plugins and addons do, he just put our settings right into the main thing.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-04-07 03:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So..

Hows that Escha - Ru'ann project coming along? I'd love for anything to take away that blinding grey on white.. My bleeding eyes thank you in advance.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-07 11:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the status and job star icons for April 2016.

As for the Ru'Aun project, I haven't touched it in a while since work and my graduate classes have really kept me busy. It's mostly done, I could release it as is and update as I refine it. The only issues are that the stars are only out at night, and that there's a slight off-black glow in the sky where the "sun" is supposed to be. You wouldn't notice it unless you look straight up though.

I'll release it when I get home tonight.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-04-07 11:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet good work!! Were you able to fix the issue with zoning into the palace and crashing?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-07 12:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Working with Escha Sky has given me a lot of insight in regards to adding and removing effects. In this case, I was able to remove the glow around Veridical Confluxes, which helps framerate on older machines significantly.

The dat is available here:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1361

Just now seeing this thread. Nice work JeanPaul!

For years I've been dat swapping those laggy fluxes both in WoE and in Abyssea with Runic Lamps. Also the maws that float can be laggy

Keep up the great work!
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-04-07 14:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Updated the status and job star icons for April 2016.

As for the Ru'Aun project, I haven't touched it in a while since work and my graduate classes have really kept me busy. It's mostly done, I could release it as is and update as I refine it. The only issues are that the stars are only out at night, and that there's a slight off-black glow in the sky where the "sun" is supposed to be. You wouldn't notice it unless you look straight up though.

I'll release it when I get home tonight.

Sylph.Kyogi
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2016-04-07 15:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was curious JeanPaul, do you have any dat mods for Apocalypse? I thinking one of scythes from Darksiders II:

Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-09 15:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

NEW THING ALERT: Escha - Ru'Aun Color Mod!

Same thing as the space looking pictures above. I am willing to consider more ideas on this too, but for now, try it out.

Staley: That problem was only happening when I directly replaced Escha - Ru'Aun with normal Ru'Aun dats. The mod listed is just a recoloration of Escha, so there's no risk of that problem again.

Kyogi: Making new models is actually a lot of work since I have to redraw them from scratch. Worse, the program I normally use, VRS, doesn't seem to work for me anymore for some reason. If anything, I'd want to finish my Qurupeco Chopper first anyway.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-04-09 15:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I love you.<3
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13