Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 110 111 112
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-01-14 19:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like the DRKs may have hijacked our thread...

Did a lot of testing with unlinked jumps. With all jump gear, I'm seeing a good increase as expected. I think this will open the gap a little more in Dynamis. It seemed to close the gap between war/drk/blu and drg on short fights like WoC. Pretty freakin' cool buff if you ask me. As long as you have a good SAM/Chaos up, DRG is sitting pretty now.

Has anyone done the tests on whether Ryu pulls ahead with the guaranteed jump crits? I know R15 Ryu was pretty close to where R15 Trish was.
 Asura.Veikur
Server: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-14 19:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about ahead, but at minimum, it closed the gap a fair bit.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2019-01-14 23:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad empyrean AM3 doesn't work on jumps. I reconfirmed it earlier with my forever lvl 90 rhongo. put up AM3 and didn't see any damage spikes that could be explained only by ODD, but by DA/TA/QA
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-15 01:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Casey said: »
Too bad empyrean AM3 doesn't work on jumps. I reconfirmed it earlier with my forever lvl 90 rhongo. put up AM3 and didn't see any damage spikes that could be explained only by ODD, but by DA/TA/QA

Wondering if Relic will, just like it does with Eagle Eye Shot/Barrage.

Also curious if Gugnir augment is +15% Damage or +15% Attack (gear was changed/retranslated to that this update)
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-15 13:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen any evidence Gungnir procing on jumps in the last 2ish years of owning and using one.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-15 15:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
I haven't seen any evidence Gungnir procing on jumps in the last 2ish years of owning and using one.

That is pretty sad. Thanks! was just wondering.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-16 12:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So R15 Gungnir's "Jump Damage +15%" is indeed a 15% damage boost and not mistranslated like other pieces of gear were.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-01-23 15:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had Gungnir for years and never noticed it proc on jumps. It could have actually made the weapon more interesting during the 75 cap era, back when Geirskogul was such a fuggin meme weapon. It blows my mind that they buffed Gungnir so much in recent times because it has always been utter trash. Back in 2004, Geirskogul had AGI modifer (DRG has the 3rd worst Agility in the game and had literally no endgame +AGI equipment), the aftermath on Geirskogul used to be Shock Spikes, which dealt a whopping 15 damage and rarely stunned (also...when would a DRG ever get hate at 75 unless solo). To add salt to the wounds, the "Additional Effect: Defense Down" procs were 15% and would overwrite Angon's 20%. There's never been a more useless endgame weapon.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-23 15:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Claustrum.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-01-23 16:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
I've had Gungnir for years and never noticed it proc on jumps. It could have actually made the weapon more interesting during the 75 cap era, back when Geirskogul was such a fuggin meme weapon. It blows my mind that they buffed Gungnir so much in recent times because it has always been utter trash. Back in 2004, Geirskogul had AGI modifer (DRG has the 3rd worst Agility in the game and had literally no endgame +AGI equipment), the aftermath on Geirskogul used to be Shock Spikes, which dealt a whopping 15 damage and rarely stunned (also...when would a DRG ever get hate at 75 unless solo). To add salt to the wounds, the "Additional Effect: Defense Down" procs were 15% and would overwrite Angon's 20%. There's never been a more useless endgame weapon.

As an original owner, some of this was true. This weapon was the highest possible base damage, good VIT, and ACC on it. Using this weapon enabled you to drop out ACC in other places and go full STR/DEX/Attack. (Very useful for Pentathrust)

You could not overwrite the defense down if you got a proc first, but you could, however, throw angon and the defense down proc didn't overwrite angon.

Shock spikes were KING for merit parties. I always run 4x DRG, 1x BRD, 1x RDM. Would tank with drg/war.

Other than that, it's BiS for standing around Whitegate/Jeuno back in the day.

It was best until Odin where they learned how to itemize polearms. (keep in mind Gungnir was available for a long time before anything close to its base dmg/stats came along)

That being said, it took me over a year to get and meant that other useful relics weren't being made like Ghorn, Aegis. Sooo... It's kind of a cruel joke.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-23 16:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah back in the day it was pretty bad.

I did take R15 Gungnir out for a spin the other night in Dyna. I was actually impressed with it.

+The Defense Down Effect has also been fixed/does not overwrite angon. It also procs fairly often. Basically it procced on every monster.
I was saving Angon for Aurix/Leaders. I did toss a few on normal monsters though.
+ Attack+5% and Double Attack+5% some what redeems the aftermath a bit. (compared to what it used to be)
+The Jump DMG+15% is really nice over time.
- Shock spikes still suck
-While Gierskogul has been giving me good numbers, damage does not vary with tp (All relic WS are like this though). It's nice being able to make a hard hitting light skillchain without using C. Torment.

I don't have access to augment Aeonics just yet. So it's just something to play with until I can. I've been in that situation for a few months due to schedules conflicts IRL with Dyna runs. My best bet is grinding the job points right now.

The utility is pretty nice overall though.

Also I have to say I am really liking the unlocked jump timers.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-01-23 17:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Do you have any DPS numbers from the parse on Wave 2 / Wave 3 boss?
Were you using the 59/60% WSD + DEX set?
Were you using a +1/+2 neck?
Using only Geirskogul or just putting up AM3?
Were you stacking the 15% Jump Damage with the Additional Effect from Ptero +3?

I'm very curious if the 15% jump damage warrants using the weapon in any scenario. I haven't put any detritus toward my Gungnir, just my Trishula. I've been teetering on making and R15ing Ryu for science or R15ing Gungnir for science.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-01-23 19:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Gungnir for all of Dynamis other than the W3 Boss. It's nice not having to waste a 3k WS for AM, you just Geirskogul at 1k when its down or Sekka at 2k. It aligns better with the start/stop nature of dynamis than a 3k AM weapon does (Rhon or Ryu).

The high ACC allows for the most flexiblity in Hybrid sets. And the random def down procs are nice given the high volume of mobs killed.

It's not even R15, as it's 3rd on my list to do and I am working on #2. But I like it in Dynamis.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-01-23 19:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I use Gungnir for all of Dynamis other than the W3 Boss. It's nice not having to waste a 3k WS for AM, you just Geirskogul at 1k when its down or Sekka at 2k.

Well, that's the same argument in favor of Trish. Just go to town WSing. The TP Bonus on Trish makes it so on Wave 1 and 2 all your Stardivers are nice and spicy.

I'm wondering since Jumps are so frequent and quite strong, maybe the 15% jump damage would offset your weaponskill damage.

The ACC on Gungnir is nice, sure, but DRG is a high acc job. Shouldn't have any acc issues in the whole zone.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-01-23 19:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A few random defense downs on trash crush for team dps compared to the individual difference between Trish and Gungnir, or at least I think so.

Jumps still account for a small percent of our overall damage. The 15% bonus is obvious mathematically more, but its not really a big dps increase.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-01-23 20:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'll drop some detritus for R10 and see if I can get a higher average DPS on 1/2.

I've been seriously testing the +2 neck. On Wave 1 and 2, it's BiS weaponskill neck and leads to higher weaponskill and DPS numbers.

I made a toggle for Wave 3 for the neck. I have an attack capped/uncapped weaponskill set toggle. On Volte mobs I use it, the PDL advantage is clear and increases DPS as expected. On the NMs and the Boss I only toggle the neck on when Fury/Frailty are both either Blaze/Eclyptic or Bolstered. When those mods aren't available, the neck is ineffective and fotia does better with fTP mods/save tp procs.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-01-23 20:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure the neck needs testing. We know it's bis if you are getting full value of the pdif gain, and useless if you don't get any of it. The difficulty is it's such based on random buffs and debuffs which are changing in real time. I actually feel like the opposite as you so maybe our groups roll differently. I am pdif capped for most of the T3 boss fight. But cap on the trash or Fetters without the buffers SPs is much less consistent.

The +20 damage on the R15 Gungnir is way better than the Jump Damage.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-23 23:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Do you have any DPS numbers from the parse on Wave 2 / Wave 3 boss?
Were you using the 59/60% WSD + DEX set?
Were you using a +1/+2 neck?
Using only Geirskogul or just putting up AM3?
Were you stacking the 15% Jump Damage with the Additional Effect from Ptero +3?

I'm very curious if the 15% jump damage warrants using the weapon in any scenario. I haven't put any detritus toward my Gungnir, just my Trishula. I've been teetering on making and R15ing Ryu for science or R15ing Gungnir for science.

-Parse
We only did a farm run sadly. I've been dying to take another poke at Wave 3 stuff, but numbers have been down since the holidays.

I wish I saved it. My competition was a R15 Liberator DRK (He is decked and amazing at his job). I was about 3% under him. I kind of consider that an accomplishment since he gives my WAR a run for it's money. I know that us purely anecdotal and I apologize for not having any real numbers.

Buffs were equal, both COR and maxed out BRD, etc.

-Gear Set
I stacked as much weapon skill damage as I could. Honestly I still need to make a DEX/WSDMG cape. I've been using a STR+20/WSDMG+10 cape.
Quote:
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+17 Attack+17','Weapon skill damage +5%','Attack+9',}},
body={ name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Mag. Acc.+22','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+9','Accuracy+14',}},
hands={ name="Ptero. Fin. G. +3", augments={'Enhances "Angon" effect',}},
legs="Vishap Brais +3",
feet="Sulev. Leggings +2",
neck="Dgn. Collar +2",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Sherida Earring",
right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
back={ name="Brigantia's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

I did try out Regal ring, Epa seemed to give me better numbers.

Debating on trying out Windbuffet+1 > Fotia. The Augmented modifier is pretty insane when Quad Attack procs.

- Currently was using the +2 Neck. It was only Rank 18 as of the last run I did. I was working on rank points.

-I was using Gierskogul from about 1k-1500 TP. During the tp overflow I was using Stardiver to take advantage of the damage varies with tp.

-Jump Gear
I still need some clears for the +3 body, I can't wait to play with it.

Again though, really sorry if this all sounded anecdotal.
By SimonSes 2019-01-24 11:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

3% is very vague :)

There is big difference between 3% in 38% vs 35% and 10% vs 7% :)|

Also imo Dynamis parses are the worst parses. There is sucha big lag that varies from player to player that it's just insane sometimes. You can have BRD outparsing WAR (both at the top lv) in Dynamis if BRD is from Japan and WAR from Europe lol

At best you can parse something like wave3 boss alone. Even wave2 boss can be misleading. I once couldnt engage wave2 boss till it had 60% hp left (was a 60 sec zerg).

And lets not pretend its even for everyone because I all the time see ppl WSing on one mob and few seconds later Wsing on next one, while for me the first mob is still alive on screen and I'm locked and cant switch target at all and that happens frequently. I feel like the lag is the worst for EU, than NA, than almost doesnt exist for JP, but im not sure about this.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-01-24 12:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the UK should actually have less latency than the east coast of the US, but I'm not overly familiar with the route the interweb tubes take.
By SimonSes 2019-01-24 12:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Think the UK should actually have less latency than the east coast of the US, but I'm not overly familiar with the route the interweb tubes take.

Cant say too, I'm from Poland.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-24 12:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh somebody else posted it on Discord
Time: 1 Hours, 53 Minutes 55s
DRK 6,022,330 26.1% DPS:881
DRG 5,625,009 24.4% DPS:822

Our latency was fine. Sorry for being vague.

Like I said, I'm dying to take a stab at a wave 3 boss again. Fenrir is kind of back water. More and more people end up leaving so that puts a damper on doing higher end stuff.

I'm sure somebody is going to pick this apart, have fun with that. I'm not a math guy.

All I was saying is that I'm happy it kept up/did alright. I wasn't a total leech and things died.

I'm not saying it's the best and trumps everything else. I'm saying it's usable and another option if you are looking to upgrade something/have money to burn.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-01-24 21:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
3% is very vague :)

There is big difference between 3% in 38% vs 35% and 10% vs 7% :)|

Also imo Dynamis parses are the worst parses. There is sucha big lag that varies from player to player that it's just insane sometimes. You can have BRD outparsing WAR (both at the top lv) in Dynamis if BRD is from Japan and WAR from Europe lol

At best you can parse something like wave3 boss alone. Even wave2 boss can be misleading. I once couldnt engage wave2 boss till it had 60% hp left (was a 60 sec zerg).

And lets not pretend its even for everyone because I all the time see ppl WSing on one mob and few seconds later Wsing on next one, while for me the first mob is still alive on screen and I'm locked and cant switch target at all and that happens frequently. I feel like the lag is the worst for EU, than NA, than almost doesnt exist for JP, but im not sure about this.

We've seen parse inconsistencies, but within 1%. I've been collecting parse data using the XML exports in parse and uploading them into my own application to run reports on them.

I usually collect for all four DD and use the average.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2019-01-25 11:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

For Wave 3 bosses, are you guys just spamming Stardiver with Trish and spamming all the wyvern abilities to keep it alive? I'm thinking about trying to take my drg to do some wave 3 clears for people who missed them and don't want to gimp myself with the wyvern dying more than usual.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-25 11:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There aren't a heavy load of AOEs on Wave 3 that would present any real danger to the wyvern. Maybe Volte Cleaver doing MS Fell Cleave? Not seeing where the aoe damage on wyvern would be that bad for it to not stay alive, especially during the wave 3 boss.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-01-25 12:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You will lose your Wyvern to Odin on the W3 boss so be sure to go in with the timer up - but shouldn't have an issue the rest of the run. If you have Rhon, I would actually suggest it for the W3 boss. If your gameplay in dyana is anything like mine, WS don't fire off every time you want them to. In that scenario, Rhon has much less of a dps loss than Trish does.

Just don't stand in front of the NM Dragoons. Their Sonic Thrusts are beast mode.
By SimonSes 2019-01-25 14:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
You will lose your Wyvern to Odin on the W3 boss so be sure to go in with the timer up - but shouldn't have an issue the rest of the run. If you have Rhon, I would actually suggest it for the W3 boss. If your gameplay in dyana is anything like mine, WS don't fire off every time you want them to. In that scenario, Rhon has much less of a dps loss than Trish does.

Just don't stand in front of the NM Dragoons. Their Sonic Thrusts are beast mode.

Cant you simply super jump when Odin happens?
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-01-25 16:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Id imagine you could with a bit of luck. I never tried.
By SimonSes 2019-01-25 17:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean super jump is there exactly for something like this and you have more than enough time react too.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 110 111 112