Could We Drop Mending?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Suggestions » Could we drop mending?
Could we drop mending?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-03-14 14:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna see what other people think about getting rid of mending gear in FFXIV. Would this break the game somehow?

I think right now it is just another thing to do to keep us busy.

Gear damage takes a minimal amount of gil out of circulation, so I don't think the economy would crumble from having it go away.

I know crafters can do repairs, but when has anyone ever done this? This could require at least 3 crafts at high level with those people carrying materials for repairs, when does this ever happen?

It seems to me like a system with extremely minimal benefits. In fact it only seems to be detrimental in the cases where a healer explodes out of their clothes. I have had healers drop from dungeons or make runs extremely challenging by curing with no gear on a few occasions.
By Darkalenia 2014-03-14 14:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be all for it, but honestly repair costs are so minimal.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-03-14 14:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a way for the developers to fiddle with the in-game economy in the event that's ever needed.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-03-14 14:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm so it is low now instead of getting rid of it just in case they need to boost it later to fix the economy somehow?

That just makes it more annoying, they could come up with a better way to make people blow gil like the houses, furniture, minions, etc.

At the very least I think they should add a visual onscreen notification when your gear is under 20%. I know there is a message that pops up (at 10% I think) but you can ignore it and then your clothes fall off in a dungeon.

Something that stays onscreen like with Diablo 3 I think would be a nice modification if they were to not get rid of it entirely.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-03-14 14:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if a piece of visible gear breaks it should disappear off your character model and you should be forced to walk around semi-nude until it is repaired.
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-14 15:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with getting rid of it really. Most dungeons you can easily make the gil to cover mending. They should just get rid of it already.
[+]