Xbox Shutdown Goes Wrong?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Xbox shutdown goes wrong?
Xbox shutdown goes wrong?
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-25 12:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

When i shutdown, like once every couple weeks or so it doesnt go back to dashboard and just sits on blackscreen forever so i turn the power off, then it tells me off for not shuttingdown... anyone got this same problem or know why it happens?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-25 12:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

just push the button on the front of the 360 to shut it down.
[+]
 Shiva.Ninaa
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2009-07-25 12:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing happens to me sometimes, not sure what the issue is.
[+]
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2009-07-25 12:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have that problem sometimes. Personally I think its the 360 getting a bit old etc, maybe not yours but thats what I put it down to for me anyway.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-25 12:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Elmodfz said:
I have that problem sometimes. Personally I think its the 360 getting a bit old etc, maybe not yours but thats what I put it down to for me anyway.

Possibly, mine is old too, or it may be something that happens to all xbox players /shrug
 Ramuh.Sturm
Server: Ramuh
user: Fedaykin
By Ramuh.Sturm 2009-07-25 12:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

it happens with my 360 too sometimes.
i think its just a glitch that happens once in awhile
like the way it freezes in besieged.
 Unicorn.Boyaci
Server: Unicorn
user: Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-07-25 12:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is becoming more and more frequent for me, happening about every other day now.

Another issue I have is that the game completely freezes/stutters for 2-3 seconds after zoning. Doesn't matter where I am zoning to/from, it does it every time. I've noticed that if I pull up my equipment listing, or item listing immediately before the freeze, both pages will be completely blank until after the freeze.

Same goes for maps; if I try to bring up a map of an area before that freeze, it will tell me that I do not have it. Seems to be a delay in loading the information.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-25 12:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

when was the last time you dusted your 360?
 Fenrir.Toke
Server: Fenrir
user: Toke
By Fenrir.Toke 2009-07-25 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried clearing the cache Boya?
 Unicorn.Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-07-25 12:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the 2nd 360 that I've experienced these exact same problems on, the present one only being ~3 weeks old so definitely not dust.

I'm a bit technology ignorant, but would the cache require clearing on a brand new 360? In other words, is the cache on the system itself or the hard drive that I transferred over from the old to the new?
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-25 12:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How long is it on the black screen? when i shutdown from ffxi my screen blacks for a good 30secs before the dashboard pops up.
 Unicorn.Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-07-25 12:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
How long is it on the black screen? when i shutdown from ffxi my screen blacks for a good 30secs before the dashboard pops up.

Indefinitely, basically Nieko. The screen goes black and the system is non-responsive to the controller. System must be shut off manually.

The next tme you log in, like the OP stated, you then get yelled at for not completing a proper shutdown and are told that information may be corrupted, blah blah blah.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-25 12:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Have u tried re-installing ffxi? or doing a file check? perhaps one of the execs to finish the proper shutdown has been damaged...from improperly shutting down lol. idk. just a suggestion.
 Fairy.Poof
Server: Fairy
user: Gaea
By Fairy.Poof 2009-07-25 12:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a wall switch setup to break and complete the circuit on that wall. When done playing, flip the switch.

What you are experiencing is standard microsoft operation. sheesh, don't you have a PC? what made you think xbox would be different ? :/

Also, go get a wii and sell that piece of garbage.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-25 12:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell no, keep the piece of garbage and the Wii, that way you can get exercise.

/shudders at the thoughts of a Wii
 Unicorn.Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-07-25 12:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

LoL, I see what you did there.

I have not re-installed because I have done file checks and everything reports as being in tip-top shape.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-25 12:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Poof said:
Have a wall switch setup to break and complete the circuit on that wall. When done playing, flip the switch.

What you are experiencing is standard microsoft operation. sheesh, don't you have a PC? what made you think xbox would be different ? :/

lol this would not fix anything. and wii>360???! wtf did u smoke today??
thanks for the useless post.
 Unicorn.Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-07-25 13:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Poof said:

Simply cutting the power instead of at least attempting to shutdown would result in the same lashing by PoL that you did not shutdown correctly.
 Fenrir.Toke
Server: Fenrir
user: Toke
By Fenrir.Toke 2009-07-25 15:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To clear the cache: Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
Highlight the HD symbol and press Y. Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X. I'm not sure how effective it is at fixing the freezing at shutdown/zone loading problems but I've seen it recommended as a solution before, couldn't hurt to try.
 Fairy.Poof
By Fairy.Poof 2009-07-25 16:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

xbox is really just for central americans (you know who you are) and halofags. microsoft spent too much energy in trying to be high end console and is still trumped by the PS3, in that regard, yet it's neither are near as fun as the wii.

hell if you ask me, nintendo DS is more fun than xbox360 or ps3 >.>; besides, i wanna get wii fit so i can drop a few pounds from my fat ***
 Shiva.Nightraid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-07-25 16:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Poof said:
xbox is really just for central americans (you know who you are) and halofags. microsoft spent too much energy in trying to be high end console and is still trumped by the PS3

gota love those ps3 fanboys
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-25 16:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, really.

And Wiifags, they're the most annoying of all...as bad as *** macfags.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-25 16:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

.... Let's just help the OP on his situation, if anyone was able to fix it before and can help or if you knew someone who had same issues.

Please do not start with drama. Thanks.
 Fairy.Poof
By Fairy.Poof 2009-07-25 16:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
.... Let's just help the OP on his situation, if anyone was able to fix it before and can help or if you knew someone who had same issues.

Please do not start with drama. Thanks.

not even sure this qualifies as drama, LOL. i think this is one of those topics that's been beaten up so bad that most people are aware it's really just a matter of opinion and game title preference.

some people own all ps3, wii, xbox360, DS, and a PC, and follow titles from all the consoles that they just absolutely MUST have. It's pretty common with Square Enix fans because their titles are scattered all over the consoles.

some just want Halo, some just want a particular FF game, some want to jump around their living room and swing their controller like a tennis racket, and some people just wanna poke around a touch screen with a pen and play trivia puzzles or ported SNES games.

So yah, doubt anyone really takes that serious enough for it be drama. all of the reasons for debating which is superior is strictly based on those key preferences and there's a market for all those consoles. OBVIOUSLY!

But let's face it, Nintendo Wii and DS sell more consoles and bring in more profit :)

Also, I'm a complete pussy and I know my little brother could knock my *** out in a few seconds, but on Wii, I beat his *** in boxing :D Silly boys. No stamina ^^;;;
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-25 16:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
When i shutdown, like once every couple weeks or so it doesnt go back to dashboard and just sits on blackscreen forever so i turn the power off, then it tells me off for not shuttingdown... anyone got this same problem or know why it happens?

I'm sure this is the issue and not about xbox/ps3 vs. wii, so just either help on the issue or create a thread called Xbox/Ps3 vs. Wii. Otherwise just stop derailing.

Thanks.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-25 16:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

unfixable, just turn off ur system, imo at least

only happens maybe once a week for me, its essentially just freezing on u
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-25 17:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not a fixable problem. It's an out-of-the-box issue and it can cause headaches. The biggest issue is losing macros due to having to hard reset your connection. But the problem seems to occur more when you are on for a long period of time, or experience a ton of lag such as Dynamis, Besieged or a big campaign. To avoid this, log off. Turn your system off. Turn it back on, log in, make your macros, /shutdown. Then proceed to play as normal. Shutting down doesn't do jack ***unless you take a lot of screenshots of fix a lot of macros anyway...no big thing.

Again, you can try to reduce it by the XX LB RB XX thing, but I doubt it will help.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-07-25 17:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

get a PC u wont xbox probs lol
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-25 17:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply