Xbox Shutdown Goes Wrong?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Xbox shutdown goes wrong?
Xbox shutdown goes wrong?
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-25 18:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
This is not a fixable problem. It's an out-of-the-box issue and it can cause headaches. The biggest issue is losing macros due to having to hard reset your connection. But the problem seems to occur more when you are on for a long period of time, or experience a ton of lag such as Dynamis, Besieged or a big campaign. To avoid this, log off. Turn your system off. Turn it back on, log in, make your macros, /shutdown. Then proceed to play as normal. Shutting down doesn't do jack ***unless you take a lot of screenshots of fix a lot of macros anyway...no big thing.

Again, you can try to reduce it by the XX LB RB XX thing, but I doubt it will help.

Ok i just got back, thanks for all the feedback everyone, good to know its not just me :p

And i think Eternal is onto something here, i ussualy find it happen when im on a long time and i was in very laggy areas for quite a while so there is a good chance you are right. I wiill keep these things in mind when it happens to test if you are 100% correct.

Can any long time box player confirm that this problem has never happened to them? Also i wonder if its any different for xbox elites
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-25 18:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No. I use an Elite and it happens. It also happened with my old "pro" that came with the 20gig. It's a universal issue, mang.
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2009-07-25 19:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh losing macros is a pain in rear end.

For those who don't know how to upload macros to the server:

Make your macros, logout and go to Select Character. Hover over the one whos macros you want to save and press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B then wait for it to say something, press enter and its done.

Should you move to a different console or w/e, or lose your macros for some reason, do the exact same thing as above but swop B for R.

Hope this stops cursing and swearing at lost macros.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 06:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i had that problem aith loading the game and shutting down, then i could not load the game at all, ended up saying that the disc was unreadable. so, i phoned MS thinking it was the drive or console. got a fault number and took it the place i bought it from and got a replacement (got a 60gb drive instead of 20gb drive, sweet bonus). still had the same problem with a brand new 1 day old system.

so i phoned SE, asked them for a replacemnt disc, "sorry but i cant authorise that, but what you can do is repurchace another game disc" i was like i aint paying £30 for a new disc. asked for a manager and waited and waited for like 25 mins on silent hold :( the dude come back and took details, 3 working days later, new game disc. problems was solved.

i donno if that helps but thats my problem with the game on xbox. now i play on PC now full time
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 07:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh good I'm not the only one that this happens too.
I just turn the power off manually.

Edit: Not good, but, you know, like it's not just a personal issue, lol. >.<;
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-27 07:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i getcha lol
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-19 17:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so, last couple times this happened to me i just left it because i was focused on my laptop, and after like 10 mins it went back to xbox screen with loading symbol but wouldnt do anything, but left it there for 10 mins too and eventually it did go back to dashboard, im not sure if it does this everytime if u wait long enough or maybe lenghts vary- but there is hope!